Chapter 191 | New era for fantasy~
844 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[a/n; btw guys, The Hobbit was changed to The Sea of Monsters for some reasons. They'll be mentioned in the future chap and if you see any errors in related to that, do tell me. thanks and happy reading!]

-

“...Thank you so much for the opportunity, and I’m looking forward to working with you, Ian,” Carrie said as she stood up to walk out of the door. 

“It’s nice meeting you too,” Ian said truthfully.

It was always nice meeting the faces of people who Ian knew from his previous world. It was almost as if there was something from him that exists in this world, but at the same, the feelings, the person, and everything that is going on is new and fresh to him. 

After a while, the intercom went off with Murphy’s voice. 

“Sir, a guy named Felix is here to meet you as well, should I send him in?” 

Felix–Felix, the guy from street racing. He was the person who Ian got caught with while trying to get his tensions out on Street racing. Felix was fun to hang around, and most importantly, ever since Ian got into street racing, the idea of creating a craze with cars came to his mind.

With everything that was going on, he couldn’t put his head around another movie, which was also why it was delayed for so long. Nevertheless, a hand in the upcoming movie which includes a lot of cars and technology would mean a lot. 

“Yes, please. Ask him to come in!”

After what they had gone through together, and considering Felix had no idea who Ian was, he didn’t want to scare the young man out, therefore, he reached him personally and asked to stop by the Renner Studios building so that they could have a small chat. 

With Felix walking in, flashbacks of that night came to Ian’s mind and he smiled at the thought of the adrenaline rush. Never after that had he experienced that, and in his opinion, not just him, every other guy out there should be more than happy to take part in something like that. 

But again, Ian wasn’t another guy, so his little hobby would take some more time to have an established part in his life. 

“Hi, Felix, come in!” Ian stood from the couch where he was and greeted the man who walked in with a hint of curiosity and amusement dancing in his eyes. 

“Wow, you have got a nice office. No wonder how you have that car, and everything. It all makes sense now… Max Payton huh?” Felix asked and sat beside Ian, who sat in sync with the man.

“Ah, you were equally confused when I talked to you on the phone,” Ian said as his hand met his neck in nervousness for lying. Although they had fun that day, the director had to hide his reputation—but at the same time, somehow things got out of hand and people got to know who the man really was. 

“I know, not as much though. You would not trust how many people create fake identities just to hit the road, and bet shit. It’s one hell of a shady place, but… A director—didn’t see that one coming!” Felix said.

Both of the men turned to see Murphy bringing two coffees which Ian thanked him. 

“Do directors amuse you?” Ian asked back.

“No, of course not. But there’s this little- you know, thing in the heads of people. Young directors often are trying to polish their skills and get into the industry, and barely one or two make it inside alive—the luckiest and the most talented. And directors on top—like you, are expected to be kind of old. But here you are, looking younger than my brother,” he said and shrugged as if it was no big deal. 

Ian knew exactly what he was saying and chuckled. 

“You make sense. Somehow, I have a job for you-”

“I’m all ears.”

“Yeah, my new movie. Simply, it has a lot of things to do with cars. And from what I’ve encountered, I believe you’re one of the best in town to get help with cars. Am I right?” Ian asked knowing he’d definitely accept it. 

“Only if it means my name would be on the credits list!”

“I think I can make that happen!”

-

[Actus Books]

Steven hadn’t had a proper sleep in two days ever since Ian had dropped the draft of The Sea of Monsters. 

M. J. Steven got into publishing as an editor, and before anything else had to do with the publication of books, he was a massive reader. All the great masterpieces had been read by him and appreciated every single appreciable thing in those books.

After getting into book publishing, he, as a reader hadn’t gotten a proper book to enjoy—hence, he was never a hardcore fan of reading the books mostly written by rookies or people who followed the trends that were ongoing. 

But ever since he met Ian Renner a couple of years ago, his reading world looked to be changed entirely. Ian Renner was an author who took a lot of time to write and draft his work. It was mainly due to all the other work he does with directing, and movies—but when he got into writing, he would come up with the most original ideas for the storyline which everyone would enjoy and appreciate. 

With Ian’s books, Steven had found himself unable to do anything else but continue to complete the reading, just for the sake of the story. He had often found himself continuing to drop enjoying the story, instead focusing on what could’ve been better and the grammar with sentence structure.

But in Ian’s case, it was totally different. He enjoyed every sentence as it is, and the story was fresh which always made him wonder how a person could come up with such ideas without any inspiration because there were no such storylines that have been popular in this world. 

He had his pen dancing in the tips of his fingers as he read the sentences, word by word. 

/.\

“Found one. Thank the gods.” Annabeth pulled out a gold coin that I recognized as a drachma, the currency of Mount Olympus. It had Zeus’s likeness stamped on one side and the Empire State Building on the other. 

“Annabeth,” I said, “New York taxi drivers won’t take that.” 

“Stêthi,” she shouted in Ancient Greek. “Ô hárma diabolês!” 

As usual, the moment she spoke in the language of Olympus, I somehow understood it. She’d said: Stop, Chariot of Damnation! 

That didn’t exactly make me feel real excited about whatever her plan was. 

She threw her coin into the street, but instead of clattering on the asphalt, the drachma sank right through and disappeared. 

For a moment, nothing happened. 

Then, just where the coin had fallen, the asphalt darkened. It melted into a rectangular pool about the size of a parking space—bubbling red liquid like blood. Then a car erupted from the ooze. 

It was a taxi, all right, but unlike every other taxi in New York, it wasn’t yellow. It was smoky gray. I mean it looked like it was woven out of smoke, like you could walk right through it. There were words printed on the door—something like GYAR SSIRES—but my dyslexia made it hard for me to decipher what it said….

/.\

As he kept reading, the story became clearer and clearer. 

*Knock knock*

The knock interrupted the peaceful reading as he took his head up, removed the reading glasses, and replied, “come in!”

His assistant walked in with a bunch of papers and kept them on the nearest table—which had more papers. 

“Here’s the work that was pending for two days, and uh- they’re quite a lot. This is the end of the year, and you know how people finish their drafts which start by the start of the year,” his assistant said and took a seat in front of him.

“Ah, yes. Just a few more chapters. Call team 3 to review those. I’m pretty sure they’d do a decent job. Might as well promote the new book of Ian Renner when I’m done with it because there’s rarely anything to edit.”

“Okay, I’ll arrange them as well. And, Ian called around an hour ago, when sir was during lunch.”

The assistant looked at Steven generously for how keen he had been with reading the first draft of something after so long. 

“What was it?” Steven asked back. 

“He was asking about the draft as well, and he said I quote, ‘I have some scenes I want to change and need to talk about the next book of the Percy Jackson series, so he made an appointment next week.”

“Okay, thanks for informing,” Steven said, nodded, and got back to reading while his assistant walked out of the office with a smile. 

[...] By the end of the day, he successfully completed the reading and was in awe of what he had in his hand. 

‘This is going to become a new generation for fantasy’ he thought with a smile. 

-

If you're enjoying Hollywood King so far, you can,

- Vote!
- Join the discord server -> https://-discord.gg/DGPX5QzRqv
- Support me through -patreon by reading 6,13 or 20!!! chapters in advance! -> https://www.-patreon.com/TC_L

20