Chapter 193 | The Book Release
807 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N; Due to several reasons, the book was changed from The Hobbit to PJ: The Sea of Monsters. The Hobbit and LoTR have been changed to already exist in the AU. It was mainly because of how good the books are, and simply because of how Ian could just get the rights to create the movies and not write the entire series. Happy reading  :)

-

| The book Release | 

After a few days passed in a blur, with Ian making calls, and so was everyone else in the office. Everyone was busy with one thing or another. 

After Ian found Paul, things were going smoothly although the other face didn’t seem to be available–at least not on the list of actors. 

‘Have I ever thought that maybe these people who I know as actors from my world, could be here in another gender?’ the thought crossed Ian’s mind as he was still looking for another name with Murphy. 

“Sir, are you ready? The press is here,” Reminded Murphy, he walked in with his tablet still in hand. 

It was finally the day. After a long round of editing, and talking to Steven over phone calls, meetings, and whatnot about the second book of the Percy Jackson series, Percy Jackson; The Sea of Monsters. 

“Yes, I’m. Let’s go answer those questions!”

-

He walked into a room filled with men and women, some had microphones, and notebooks, and others had cameras. 

The light environment of the room lifted by a few degrees seeing Ian walk inside. More than half of around fifteen reporters stood up, as others simply paid attention to the man who walked inside. 

“Hello everyone. Before the questions begin the flow in, I’ve got to announce that, how wonderful the journey with writing the sequel to Percy Jackson and The Olympians; Lightning Thief… Percy Jackson; The Sea of Monsters. 

To begin with, how people embraced the first book gave me so much motivation to work on this book which gave me quite a quality time while I was in France and gain a new perspective on things… Which I’m so gleeful for,” he sighed while the reporters nodded along, some smiling and some having plain faces. 

He cleared his throat after the room went pin-drop silent. “Ahem... Yes, guys, how about we start with the questions?”

After that, the questions regarding the book and the author started flooding in, meanwhile, Ian focused on each one of them with a keen eye while answering truthfully. 

“Ian, what made you get into the industry of writing? Is it purely because you love fiction…. Or is it business?”

“What is the message that is given to the society from The Sea of Monsters? The question is because you’ve shared the message that you are entitled while publishing the last book?”

“What is your advice for all the fantasy readers out there?”

“Ian, did you know that the Percy Jackson; Lightning thief crossed over fifty thousand… Just, hardcopies? What do you feel about it?”

“This is kind of a weird question, but do you think that someone could become a writer without having strong feelings for emotions—as in if they don’t feel a lot?”

“How long do you spend a day if you get into writing a book? Because when compared to other authors, you have got a great time management skill set which I’m pretty sure that….”

The questions knew no boundaries as they were asked one after another. 

-

In the mirror, more headlines binding. 

VROOM VROOM VROOM!

The sound gained rather a large amount of attention. Three more tricked civics appeared like rockets. Criss-crossing in front of the truck. 

…By seeing how the little black cavort cars playfully around the semis as they zoomed up the freeway—fading away to the distance. 

The trucker who watched this sucked air through his teeth, clearly unamused by the deadly antics. 

“Stupid damn kids!” 

“OKAY, CUT! The facial expressions should level up by a notch. The way you look at everything, and then… Stupid damn kids! Do you know what I mean? One more time!”

Everyone was in the locations. And it was the first day—the first day of shooting The Fast and Furious. Although Ian hadn’t found the other face that was essential for the movie, he had given up but held tight considering Paul was somehow in the cast after talking to his agency and all. 

Ian had doubted, considering the man was trying his best to get the big breaks and might have auditions lined up, but luckily thanks to the director’s reputation, as soon as the agent heard what it was, they liked it. 

“So, are we ready?”

“Yes, let’s go!”

The cameras started rolling, and the shot was taken from where the things were left off. After Ian’s commands, a man with the clapperboard walked in front of the camera, while the words, 

Scene 1 | Take 2 

Was written. 

“Ian, how about we take the same scene from the other two angles? I think it would look great, as the mirror view is the only shot that’s been dragged. Oh, and I’ll work on the lightning,” Raelynn said from beside Ian, and he nodded agreeing to her words. 

“Cut! There’s gonna be a few arrangements, let’s take five more minutes, shall we?” 

The crew and the rest of the team took a small break while Raelynn and her team worked more on what was yet to be adjusted. 

-

[Actus Books - Steven’s office room]

“No, I think the cover should be this. As we already shared the theme, and the promotions are in the process, we suddenly can’t change the cover. And, who brought this man here? Ms. Fernandez, haven’t you been working here for years now? When have we ever… Ever changed covers before two hours its release?” Steven asked loudly, making the entire office turn silent. 

“I-I’m sorry sir, but these little changes were asked by Mr. Renner. Today morning, it took a little time to adjust them, and I assure you if it wasn’t for the author we’d have not considered any changes, in any way.” 

The lady looked scared to death by how Steven had reacted. 

There were people already waiting for the release of the book for weeks. After the marketing process started and continued, the book cover dragged many PJ fans through hell and heavenly excited for the cover, and how it had been famous all over. 

As Ian had requested, it was a green-themed book cover. The sword in the young guy’s hand, and the waves of water behind him, gave chills to all the readers once the cover was revealed. 

Steven waited no longer to call Ian and ask what he wanted with the cover. 

“Hello, can I talk to Mr. Ian Renner?” 

From the other end, it was Murphy who picked up the call while Ian was busy with work. 

-Oh yes, sure. This must be Mr. Stevens right? Hold in for a minute!

The next voice was rather familiar and expected. 

-Mr. Stevens, how is it going? Is everything ready? 

Ian’s voice came through the call. “Ian, about that. I’ve to ask something, do you have time?” 

-Yes, of course. Guys take a break, I’m on a call with my publisher. So, Yes, tell me…

“Ian, what have you mentioned about the book cover? Do you need changes?” Stevens's hand came in contact with his jaw. 

-Oh, well, Steven… What I mentioned was, how it could be better with the little things that could be adjusted. I love the cover, but as you know, I didn’t get time to properly see it, but I think the current one is great too. How about, we change my adjustments in the next edition? The first batch could be the same?

As always, Ian had the perfect solution and the easiest way out. 

“Ian, I’m not saying that it’s impossible, but I think your idea is better at the moment.”

-Don’t worry, Mr. Stevens. Your team did a splendid job on everything else, including the cover. I’m someone who just can’t help myself when it comes to things I see. But it’s alright, call me if there’s anything?”

“Sure, have a nice day!”

The call ended with both parties satisfied with their conversation. Steven walked back to the office room, while all the eyes came to focus on him. 

“I talked to Mr. Renner, and thankfully, the book covers can go as we’ve planned. Everything else too would be out to the public as planned. And, no one is allowed to make any changes without my permission from now on, got it?” 

The seven people in the office nodded, and two of them smiled. 

“I thought we have already gone through the procedure of how things work out in here, yet still, here we are. Anyway, guys, get back to work, check all the websites… Yes, I’ll be back later,” 

As soon as Steven left the room, everyone else got back to work considering the grand book publishing would be in less than three hours. 

21