Chapter 197 | its ready
727 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N; I read through all the suggestions, and I'll be taking them into consideration from the next chapter I'm going to write. So, thank you everyone!

-

The day ended successfully, and when Ian walked inside his house, he was feeling nothing but pure love for the bed that he planned on getting onto right after the shooting ended. 

Shortly, he couldn’t realize how tiring the entire shooting was considering the entire movie was based on cars, and technical aspects, and creating the urge that should be visible to the viewers was much harder than he had expected. 

‘Hats off to Rob Cohen’ Ian had once thought to himself. 

“Master, dinner is ready,” Valerine appeared from the kitchen and said as soon as Ian sat in front of the television. 

“Ah, is it? I was planning to get dinner in the bedroom. Or just fall asleep like the previous five days, but you got me today!” Ian said and stood up, while the throbbing backache made him wince. 

The relationship between Ian and Valerine had grown well in the past couple of years. Valerine who is treating Ian as his own son had also maintained the space that needed to be when he is a huge director who wants and needs his own space. 

Ian walked to the dining table and saw his favorite dishes being served. 

-

10.15 pm.

He was in his bed, laptop opened, and on the screen, Ian was researching the books, The Hobbit and the entire series of Lord of The Rings. 

Nikulin Grey is an author who had been working on the series for fifteen years. The Hobbit surprisingly was similar to the one Ian had read in his previous world. Even though he was first stunned at how he found out that one of the greatest masterpieces was in this world, he was also relieved to know that the fantasy genre in this world ain’t dead. 

After a lot of research, and getting deeper into the world of fantasy fiction—he found out that just like his original world, the entire fantasy world that Mr. Tolkeins created was a masterpiece and was loved by millions of people. 

To do: Get an appointment to meet with Mr. Grey

The next thing he knew was that him opening the memory library just to check what more things he would deal with. 

‘Star Wars’ 

‘Dark Knight’

‘These could be the next big things Hollywood is going to see’ Ian thought to himself and closed the laptop while getting comfortable under the sheets. 

-

Days after days passed. Every day got harder than the day before. 

"It's been a long day without you, my friend...

And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again...

We've come a long way from where we began...

Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again...

When I see you again..."

Ian hummed to himself while everyone else was busy enjoying the break that he gave. 

“That was a nice song…” Raelynn said, walking from behind Ian. 

Ian gasped in fear. 

“Fuck, I thought I was alone.”

“Well, you aren’t. How have you been? It’s all work, breaks, work, break…?” Raelynn asked with a frown on her forehead. 

“I also might have another job for you, Rae. Good thing you came here-”

“What… What work?” Raelynn asked.

‘What work?’ Rae looked confused, but with the speed of the conversation, the time left for her to proceed to question what he was talking about in her head was very minimal. 

“Hmm… There’s another movie available for you to direct. I can produce it. But only if you agree to direct. If not, I’d have to plan a long time just so I can direct this amazing movie script I’ve been working on.”

“I have a question, Ian,” Raelynn asked as she leaned her hip towards the table. 

“Of course, you’d. What is it?” he asked back. 

“How does every script you come up with end up as a blockbuster? Like, are you kidding me? How?” She asked with her voice hinting with amusement. Her eyes were glowing, and she had a broad smile while asking the question. If anything it was clear how happy she was for him. 

“That’s going to be a secret that I’d answer if you take the project. No rush or forcing. But since you already know how we shot Batman, with your own added flavor, I think this could be something great for you to build up that path of your career,” Ian said and walked closer to her. Standing in front of her, he smiled. “You’re talented in so many ways, but this offer would last only if you want to, Rae. As a friend, I don’t want you to say no,” he muttered and shrugged, walking back from her personal space. 

“Ah, we’ll discuss this over coffee. By the way, I’ve noticed a weird man snooping around our office every morning, do you’ve any idea why? Unless it is something you want,” she asked, frowning at the memory. 

It was not just one, it was an entire week. Although Ian sometimes straightaway heads to the shooting premise, it was Niko and Raelynn who’d visit the office every day without a break. And that was when they had noticed the curly-haired man snooping around the office—sometimes even listening to conversations of other people. 

“I don’t know, fire him?” Ian asked back with equal curiosity. 

“I’ll see,” she said and turned to walk away. Ian chuckled to himself and shrugged at the thought. “By the way, what song were you singing? Who’s the singer?” she asked as soon as she turned back again. 

“Ah, Ian Renner?” 

“WHAT?”

“I’m joking. I don’t sing. But I compose songs, remember… City of Stars? But this little song of mine is a big deal yet a private secret for a few more years, and would you mind keeping it safe?” He asked with widened eyes. 

Raelynn was shocked by his expressions as the man who was in front of her was never the one to show expressions with his face too much. It’s either words, or it’s conversations about movies. 

“Alright, I guess,” she whispered the last part unsurely and walked back to what she was doing. 

-

[On set]

“ACTION!” Ian’s loud voice echoed through the microphone, and into the air of the set. 

Brian was behind the wheel. Dominic was in the passenger seat. In the cameras, they were enjoying the beautiful California day. Brian was ecstatic because his Nissan was a newborn. Dominic who was on the passenger seat with a laptop open on his knees kept working on it. The settings inside the screen were clear, it was him making adjustments to a fuel mapping program. 

“CUT! I want the focus to be their guys, without the focus it would be nothing. The excitement and hope that needs to be built up come from the focus. As if the cars were your only life, you—your Nissan are renewed. And you… I need more, can we take it again?” 

As Ian was explaining the situation, they were silent. The next thing you know, the man with the clapperboard walked in front of the scene and showed take 2 of the same scene. 

The same vibes passed along, but this time, Ian was allowed to shoot the next few seconds. 

“Okay… STANDBY….GO!” Dominic shouted. 

Brian stomped on the gas, clutched up and the car then took off. 

“Shift… Double clutch… Shift… Shift…!” Dominic yelled. 

“CUT! Take five minutes… Let’s get back on the scene when you’re ready, Felix, is everything okay?” Ian asked, noticing how the car hadn’t even started when Brian tried. 

“A little issue. That baby wouldn’t start for at least two more hours, or so our triers tell me. But yeah, don’t worry, how about we do the same scene with this one?” 

Felix showed the car that was on the cars that were prepared on the grounds for stunts. Those cars were owned by professionals and to make it much easier, Ian gets support from all of them. 

“Alright, okay. In five, Felix, thank you.”

Ian sat on the director's seat and sighed looking at all the hassle going around him. The Fast and the Furious. One of his personal favorites, but several pretty things reminded him when he thought about the original movie. 

First, it was hilarious how neither Michelle Rodriguez nor Jordana Brewster had driver's licenses or even learner's permits before the production of the original movie. Both of them were phenomenal actors, still knowing the information stunned him. And there had also been things that made the shooting a lot more hilarious to think back on when Vin Diesel accidentally broke a stuntman's nose. 

“Alright, I guess it’s ready,” Ian’s thoughts were interrupted by Felix. “By the way, for the huge race, how much are we expecting? I don’t remember the number you mentioned the other day…” 

“Around 150 would be enough, the rest could be handled by VFX,” Ian said and smiled while remembering how over 1,500 cars were at the Race Wars.

-

If you're enjoying Hollywood King so far, you can,

- Vote!
- Join the discord server -> https://-discord.gg/DGPX5QzRqv
- Support me through -patreon by reading 6,13 or 20!!! chapters in advance! -> https://www.-patreon.com/TC_L

15