Chapter 363 | At Two Random Places
529 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

read ahead on -patreon: www.patreon.com/TC_L
join the discord server for updates and more: https://discord.gg/DGPX5QzRqv

-

At Two Random Places

It was seven in the morning. Kelly Jane woke up with a growing headache. She looked around and realized that it was the day.

Her eyes widened in realization as she looked over to see her girlfriend completely dozed off.

“Lindsey, wake up,’’ Kelly whispered under her breath as she looked at the girl who was snoring.

“Wake up… Lindsey, it’s today! We were talking about it last night. And you are still asleep without a care in this world, wake up, for God’s sake,” Kelly rolled off the bed and started to get ready.

Twenty minutes later, Kelly was ready and was prepared to hit the road.

“You know what, I’ll be leaving you at home today…” Kelly said nothing else but continued to walk outside the cheap rental apartment they were living at.

She shook her head to herself as she was outside the apartment room. The woman she had loved for years never had a similar taste as her and more than it should, it bugged her a little time and time.

But at times like these, she wished the little redhead would enjoy watching sci-fi as much as she did.

Without another thought, she got into her car and drove off to the nearest theater where she had booked the tickets to watch Star Wars: A New Hope.

She took several turns to reach the theater. But when she did, the first thing she witnessed was the crowded area of the theater.

It was not crowded with just people, but also different reporters who bore cameras and microphones much to her discomfort.

She frowned and yet continued to walk out and inside the theater.

“So… this is why I love watching Ian’s movies without a doubt! Even today, I drove three hours to get here.”

Kelly overheard a woman talk with such an attitude in her voice. As she turned, she saw that the cameras started to lower the focus on the woman.

“Do you think that Ian might see this?” The w``````````````````````n asked while swaying her body back and forth.

The reporter just smiled awkwardly and walked away with a small thank you. Kelly shook her head knowing that it probably wouldn't be the first and last time she’d see it happen during the little time that was left for the movie to begin.

She walked to the end of the queue that had begun to form and waited until it was her time to get inside the first show of Star Wars.

“Ughh!! Who would have thought the tickets would be sold out? ‘Maiden’ was released last month and we watched the first show without any hassle. We should’ve bought tickets last week,” A woman grunted loudly for everyone in the queue to hear as she walked by closely.

Soon, Kelly was at the beginning of the queue, and inside the theater, comfortably seated in her seat with her popcorn in hand.

“Ahh… I can’t wait for the movie to begin,” she whispered to herself.

Suddenly, her phone beeped in her pocket.

| Babe, bring me popcorn, sorry I couldn’t wake up, eat the details and bring them home, I wanna hear all about Star Wars |

The text was from her girlfriend and it was enough to make Kelly smile wide. She was finally completely ready when the advertisements started to play on the big white screen.

-

-

-

[Mario Theatre: Los Angeles]

It was six p.m.

A bunch of workers right after work had agreed to meet each other in the theater premises and all of them were there looking at their movie tickets which were on their phones.

“So, ladies and gentlemen, this is it… We are here… Something we have been waiting for—not days but weeks!” one guy said while still his eyes on the tickets.

They were being extremely dramatic, but it was who they were. They met at the theater class in high school, and although their plans didn't work out, they’d meet for constant unions just to keep up, and these meetups often included movies.

“There are no ladies, but true… I can’t wait to watch the movie. With all the work, I barely get time to look at myself in the mirror and a movie feels like a luxury.”

“For real, dude. I hope Ian didn’t disappoint us… Not that he had done that before, but this time I heard a rookie is playing the main character. And honestly, that sounds scary enough to risk our entire evening,so what do you guys say? Should we just go with it?” One guy in the squad questioned and looked at others.

“Did you watch the trailer?” another guy asked.

But the guy who was concerned about having a rookie actor in the movie shook his head side to side and frowned.,

“Was it good?” The guy questioned and looked at his friends.

They all equally nodded their heads, agreeing that the movie trailer was good and it deserved their time in the theater.

“Well, then, I think there are no more questions to ask, am I right?”

The rest of the crowd nodded again. The guy just shrugged and walked inside the movie theater that was pitch dark but had LED lights around the corners of the walls, making the theater appear much better.

It has been several moments since the movie began. On the screen, Ben was standing next to Chewbacca, an eight-foot-tall savage-looking creature resembling a huge gray bushbaby monkey with fierce baboon-like fangs. His large blue eyes dominated a fur-covered face and softened his otherwise awesome appearance.  Over his matted, furry body he wore two chrome bandoliers, and little else. He was a two-hundred-year-old Wookiee and a sight to behold.

Ben spoke to the Wookiee, pointing to Luke several times during his conversation and the huge creature suddenly let out a horrifying laugh. Luke was more than a little bit disconcerted and pretended not to hear the conversation between Ben and the giant Wookiee.

Luke was terrified but tried not to show it. He quietly sipped his drink, looking over the crowd for a more sympathetic ear or whatever.

A large, multiple-eyed Creature gave Luke a rough shove.

….. The entire audience was silent when it happened on screen. All their faces were entirely focused on what was happening on the screen.

“Shit….”

Someone whispered to another.

With that, the entire audience fell into complete silence as they continued to watch it.

….

Luke, Han, and Chewbacca entered the huge ruins of the main temple. Hundreds of troops were lined up in neat rows. Banners were flying and at the far end stood a vision in white, the beautiful young Senator Leia. Luke and the others solemnly marched up the long aisle and knelt before Senator Leia.

From one side of the temple marched a shined-up and fully repaired Artoo-Detoo. He waddled up to the group and stood next to an equally pristine Threepio, who was rather awestruck by the whole event. Chewbacca was confused. Dodonna and several other dignitaries sat on the left of Princess Leia. Leia was dressed in a long white dress and was staggeringly beautiful.  She rose and placed a gold medallion around Han's neck. He winked at her. She then repeated the ceremony with Luke, who was moved by the event. They turned and faced the assembled troops, who all bowed before them. Chewbacca growled and Artoo beeped with happiness.

The camera faded out.

By the end of the movie, everyone had pleasant expressions on their faces.

The four coworkers stood from where they sat.

“Dude, that was one hell of a movie, I’m for sure going to leave a review in IAM. I’m pretty sure they’ve worked very hard on this movie… Ahhh!!”

“I still can’t believe we just came out watching that… Dude that’s fucking crazy, and now I want to buy a lightsaber myself… Haha. How could that be?”

“A lightsaber? I mean, it’s not such a bad idea.  The only thing is that you should find where they sell them… Dude, Ian was so in the future with that cinematography. I’m sure if you just search on the internet, you’ll see where to buy those lightsabers you wanted.”

The four guys exited the movie theater with smiles on their faces.

“What do you say? Wanna hit the bar and talk a little more about the movie before we head home?” The tallest guy suggested as he was eager to talk more about the movie they had just watched.

“Let’s get going. Also, drinks are on me for who’s going to answer the damn question for me…”

They all waited patiently listening to what he had to question.

“Ask, bro. I’m waiting.”

“Wait, I was processing, so tell me… Why did Luke Skywalker bring a ladder to the Death Star?”  he asked, biting both his lips so he could stop himself from laughing out loud.

He waited… And waited. But in the end, no one replied.

“Because he wanted to see what was on the Darth Side!”

“Oh, for fuck’s sake!”

“Shit!”

“Haha… Good one!”

3