Chapter 4: Respect
212 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4: Respect

Four hundred and twenty-seven days.

In the middle of the night, inside a crib, Zack opened his eyes, revealing a purple light coming from his eyes.

His body floated in the air with diapers on, he left the crib and landed on the floor.

Unlike long ago when he could not walk, right now his feet could support his body and head.

Enough so that he could take a few shaky steps and Zack moved the mirror with telekinesis, allowing him to see himself.

His legs, arms and body in general were taking shape, adjusting, preventing his head from growing.

The jailer who called himself his father injected him with a strange substance that changed his body completely.

It limited the power of his mind, making him unable to perform unbridled attacks, but at the same time stabilized his physical and mental condition.

Unlike before, when he had to meditate to store his power and then use it, the medicine stabilized his powers, allowing him to connect to the Astral Realm and use the energy of that plane to exert an influence on the reality of this world.

The proof was that now, even though his head was going forward threatening to fall off due to lack of balance, he held it up with his telekinesis.

“They thought they’d stop me?” he growled aloud.

“Th... ey… Waa... Ahh...”

He struggled to form words, but it didn’t matter.

The male jailer wanted to limit him to torture him and all it accomplished was to stabilize his powers, allowing him to better control his powers.

He might not exert the strength he could exert when he controlled the babysitter’s body, but in this state, he didn’t need to worry about retaining his power.

Which significantly helped his magnificent plan he was about to carry out, and he grinned wickedly.

His jailers were currently gone, and it would be on this day that he would carry out his magnificent plan to get those genetic enhancements that could help him.

However, it was an extensive plan, and he was just at the beginning.

The first step was to raise money and, as a true transcendental being of business, he needed to be dressed for the occasion.

“...”

From the closet, a suit floated out and he rose into the air, allowing the garment to attach to his body, fitting comfortably with perfection.

It was designed to be worn with his current diaper, so there were no problems in that regard.

Moving a maternity bag with telekinesis, he tucked in a pair of back-up diapers and another suit set, in case he couldn’t control his body.

Although the jailer’s treatment helped in controlling his body, still his power was too great and he found it difficult to adjust to this body.

Because of this, he could not speak properly or even stand or put on his pants.... And it was likely that his jailers would never help him deal with such difficulties.

He could only count on himself... Such an idea was in his mind as he smiled at the mirror where his shining figure was reflected.

The genetic enhancement he wished to purchase had to be one that would help reconcile his overwhelming power with this body so that he could leave behind the many limitations, such as his lack of speech.

He wished his jailers could hear his moans and his curses towards them, although, if he was honest, he thought it might be a mistake and more so when it could infuriate that barbaric woman.

Adjusting his suit and looking in the mirror, he turned as he sensed a presence and saw the babysitter opening the door, freezing as he saw him dressed.

—Ready? —He asked, looking at the babysitter.

As he expected, the babysitter was uncomfortable about being forced to betray the jailers, but Zack observed him.

He was not afraid of being betrayed, and more so when the babysitter had recognized his magnificent power.

“Yes, young master. I have also prepared a baby stroller to carry you,” the babysitter said, avoiding his gaze.

However, he frowned as he heard about the baby carriage.

In that vehicle, he could not see everything completely and while it was nice to rest in, he did not like it, since it made it difficult for him to observe what was happening around him.

However, there was something better.

—Take the baby carrier. It’s more comfortable for me. —Zack ordered, and seeing that the babysitter hesitated, he urged. —Don’t worry about my body. I’m more stable than ever.

As if to show it, he floated in the air, opening his arms, showing a hint of his power and such a display caused the babysitter to nod half-heartedly.

Despite his doubts, he obeyed, and they both moved.

******

The metal vehicle moved and Zack, bored that he couldn’t observe anything.

He was in the back seat, strapped into a small seat about his size, and while it was comfortable, that he was so restricted it bothered him.

Of course, unlike before, this time he could escape whenever he wished, but he was patient.

It was the babysitter watching him in the rearview mirror who was in charge of taking him to his next destination.

“Young master... Are you all right?” the babysitter asked doubtfully.

—What’s bothering you, babysitter, that I spend your savings? —He questioned, and realizing the babysitter was averting his gaze, he revealed. —Don’t worry, I’ll end up paying you back your savings with interest.

He did not understand the reason why inferior beings were so materialistic, but in the end, it was a characteristic of those with short lives.

While the babysitter worked for the jailers, he was now his subordinate and, although he was under threat, Zack was not so petty as not to take care of a subordinate.

He would use the babysitter’s savings, which he surely earned cleaning up the feces of other babies of this inferior race and while he would use it, he would pay it back with interest.

—Are we heading to a gambling center? —Zack asked and realizing the babysitter was nodding, he assured. —Then I’ll make enough money to buy some genetic medicine and pay you back.

A gambling center.

A magical place where inferior beings gathered to lose and win their hard-earned money.

He recognized such magnificent places, because before he redesigned his palace, he had built some of those gambling rooms.

With games of various planes, races and worlds, leading to other transcendentals joining in some bets.

“But... They’ll cheat,” the babysitter said.

Was he trying to scare him? He didn’t succeed.

—Normal. The game is more fun when we use our abilities to bend the laws and rules. —He replied calmly.

All games with transcendentals involved a battle of mind and will that brought into play the ability to bend realities and discover the tricks of others.

Perhaps he was not the best of all the transcendentals in that subject and he accepted that he had had draws, however, he had never lost.

After all, he never lost!

“What if something happens? What if things get violent? We’re going to a dangerous place,” the babysitter muttered, and as if realizing where they were going, he hesitated even more.

A dangerous place meant the gains could be greater, and as for the dangers he might encounter...

—I am the strongest transcendental of all, and you have witnessed my power. I am unbeatable. —He announced in response.

“Your mother wouldn’t think the same,” the babysitter muttered and turned his face away from the intense look he gave him.

—She was a particular case. And while I admit I have tied. If I were not in this body, which imprisons my mind and being. She would have fallen to my true power. —Zack mentioned a little enraged.

He had to accept Zack’s name after that tragic draw, and even though he drew; he would not let himself be belittled.

He was limited with his body and while he was going to point out that the babysitter’s body was strong, for him it was a huge limitation.

A larger prison was still a prison.

The babysitter was silent, realizing that his words were true.

—If I occupy your body. No one will defeat me... And if I face that barbaric woman, this time she won’t catch me off guard. —He announced in a solemn voice and, looking at the babysitter in the rearview mirror, he said. —And you’re already into this.

Fighting with a body was not his forte, and the babysitter’s body, while tough, was not connected to the Astral Realm and thus could not exert his full strength.

However, the innate mental strength of the babysitter’s body would allow him to exert power to such an extent that he could hurt that barbaric woman.

Since he understood the babysitter was hesitating, he gave his threat... The babysitter was already involved with him and could not back down!

He was helping the prisoner with the escape plan, and the jailers were not going to be very happy if they found out.

Although the babysitter didn’t mention it, the jailers scolded him for letting himself be possessed and while the jailers didn’t fire him and he didn’t reveal anything, a scolding was a scolding.

“I will lend you my body, young master. However, if you confront your mother or father, I will resist until I regain control,” the babysitter said, and giving him a look, muttered. “And promise me not to look at the memories and try not to use my abilities.”

Was he still loyal to the jailers? The jailers forgave him the mistake of almost freeing the most important prisoner, so it was normal for the babysitter to feel gratitude.

Or maybe it was fear from when he received the beating from that barbaric woman, and if it was that, Zack had to admit that he could forgive him in that sense.

As for looking at the memories and using the ‘abilities’ he was talking about...

—What would I gain by looking at your memories, babysitter? —He questioned, a bit annoyed and smiling confidently, revealed. —The only abilities I should use are my own.

Why would he look at the babysitter’s memories? He had no desire to find memories of the babysitter cleaning up other children’s feces.

The babysitter glanced at him in the rearview mirror and revealed a subtle smile before setting his eyes on the road.

“Wouldn’t it have been better if you had occupied my body from far away and we arrived together? Wouldn’t that way be safer?” the babysitter asked.

Was he afraid that something would happen to him? He recognized that this prison called a body was both his prison and the greatest weakness he had, and he feared that someone else would notice and attack.

He had to admit that the babysitter had a good eye for weaknesses, unfortunately staying behind was not an option.

—Impossible. I need to be close to the body I will occupy to make a connection. Unfortunately, I am too limited in the power I can wield. —He replied with a sigh of disappointment.

The prison was no joke, and it was scary enough that he was limited.

Which meant he couldn’t exercise his full power and while occupying another body as the babysitter could help him cover that weakness, the risk was that his body needed to be close by.

If he was too far away, he would only have a limited period to act and be too limited in the force he could exert.

One reason he tied with the barbaric woman.

Noting the worried look on the babysitter’s face, he sighed for the skittish man.

—Don’t worry. Didn’t you mention that the place was profitable despite the cheating? —He asked calmly and seeing the babysitter nod, he assured. —I will return your savings. I recognize that the job of cleaning feces must be hard, and I won’t waste your hard-earned savings.

The man was a babysitter who earned his savings hard, and it was normal for him to be worried about losing everything.

How many children and babies did he have to clean to get what he got? Zack didn’t know the monetary value of this world and it was likely that what he earned wasn’t much, but it was still an honestly earned wage.

He would not let him down and, unlike the jailers, who would mock the dignity of even a powerful prisoner, he would not mock the suffering of the babysitter.

After all, he had pooped in his diapers countless times and, as someone who had been through such events; he knew how to appreciate the babysitter’s work.

And he respected him for it.

5