Chapter 6: Who Knows?
137 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6: Who Knows?

“Pathetic.”

Hearing the voice of the man who attacked him, Jonathan expelled the mental force that had kept him immobilized and regained control of his body.

His breathing was slow, and he was ready to cut off the man’s hands and retrieve the young master the man was holding.

“Easy, babysitter. I’ve taken care of it,” the man said... No, the young master occupying the man’s body.

Jonathan’s expression relaxed, and he immediately became concerned when the young master raised his finger, causing the baby’s body to float in the air, appearing to be asleep.

“What an ugly big head thing,” the young master muttered and smiling, as his eyes glowed purple, he murmured. “Wayne Donovan. A child with mental abilities. He has a connection to the Astral Realm, but he can barely use this power... It’s truly pathetic.”

Was he talking to the criminal? Jonathan was silent as he checked for cameras or other recording methods.

If he was honest, he did wrong to follow the young master’s idea to want to make money, but he knew that if he didn’t support him, the young master would do it alone.

Jonathan wanted to bring the young master to this site and scare him into losing some of his money, but he never expected that he would end up winning and, even worse, revealing that he had cheated.

That man recognized them both, and that meant there could be trouble.

“Why worry so much, babysitter? Aren’t we in the best position?” the young master asked, and giving a cocky smile, revealed. “The boy Donovan has just realized my overwhelming might and has become submissive and left his body at my disposal. He will not stand in the way of my goal.”

The arrogant and haughty tone the young master used while looking at him showed that sense of overwhelming superiority.

That of a superior being looking down upon inferior beings and in that condescension, the young master took the carrier from him and put it on him as he placed the baby in it.

“The power I can show with this body is higher. I need to have my main prison nearby or I will lose control,” the young master explained and as he adjusted the baby’s bowed head, he smiled and commented. “Shall we? We need to get your savings and my benefits.”

Savings... Jonathan could not comprehend the young master in front of him.

Austin and Lidia were his benefactors, and they asked him for the favor of caring for and protecting their son while they were busy and he agreed, wanting to repay the favor to his benefactors.

However, he did not expect it to be this way.

He knew Austin and Lidia were too special, but he didn’t expect his son to be so special.

“We should take care not to get caught, young master,” Jonathan mumbled.

Instead of telling him to go away, get it over with, or stop, he chose to play along.

Jonathan didn’t know what the young master could do if he didn’t help him and since the young master had a conflict with his own mother, the relationship soured, at least for the young master.

What if he escaped? If the young master occupied a body, he wanted and ran away, he might lose himself.

So he preferred to advise him.

“Oh. I knew you had some experience, babysitter. Your simplistic appearance can’t hide you,” the young master replied and seeing him tense, smiled at him and revealed. “I have not seen your mind. However, when you reach my state, you can realize some things.”

The young master chuckled softly at the sight of him tense and left the office, heading down the hallway.

Jonathan followed the young master and halfway there he saw his reflection in a ceremonial shield and realized that a mental force distorted his face. Then, when he saw the baby, he noticed that it was difficult to pinpoint the details.

Some psychic effect? It seemed some kind of mental force that affected those who looked at him and was proof that the young master was following his advice.

An unsurprising task for someone whose mental strength since birth was massive.

Walking out into the main gambling hall, the people who had been present earlier continued to wait for the conflict and were surprised to see the two of them.

Even more so to see Donovan, with the baby carrier and purple eyes so bright.

“Lock everything down and no one leave,” the young master ordered, and smiling brightly, he announced. “This is a robbery!”

“...”

The announcement of who was supposedly the boss of this place surprised and stopped everyone.

Jonathan didn’t know what to make of this situation and while he had expected the young master to take money, he hadn’t expected it to go to this level.

“Donovan, what the hell is going on?” a six-foot-tall man asked as he frowned.

Was he the head guard? Jonathan identified him as a force supervillain, but couldn’t identify the name or title if he had one.

“Didn’t you hear me?” the young master questioned, and opening his arms, he commanded. “Be obedient and I will spare you.”

Haughty and arrogant.

The downside was that he was using Donovan’s body, and it was obvious that he had some sort of conflict with the head guard.

“Enough of this nonsense. Come on, let’s... HAAAA!”

The big guy raised his hand to try to hold the body occupied by the young master, but suddenly that guard’s arm turned in a strange direction.

It was from the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand and fingers, all turned at the same time twisting it and the worst thing was that there was no blood, only a choked scream.

“I give an order only once,” the young master shouted.

His voice carried a force that turned the eyes of those who heard it purple, and then everyone moved in unison.

The guards and the head guard stood up and obediently moved to seal off the entire area, while visitors and members of the gambling house approached by forming into a line.

“Are you all right, young master?” Jonathan asked, approaching as he saw the young master’s body bleeding from the nose.

“This kid is pathetic. Yes, boy. I’m talking to you. Stop apologizing,” the young master muttered, talking to himself and, as if annoyed at the response, he gave him a look and ordered. “I’m fine, babysitter. Get a bag and let’s take all the tokens.”

Jonathan relaxed as he realized the young master was still fine and while he knew young master was talking to Donovan, he paused as he heard about the tokens.

“You mean the gambling chips?” Jonathan asked, and upon seeing the young master nod, he stopped immediately.

“What? Isn’t it obvious? We need the tokens to turn it into money,” the young master replied, and seeing that he still didn’t respond, he sighed and commented. “Fine, I’ll give you extra. I didn’t think you were that greedy for a babysitter. You must earn too little though, right? I’ll pay you well.”

Then he grumbled as tokens from all over the area flew at him and organized into a pyramid of tokens in the corner.

Jonathan watched in disbelief and then gave an amused smile.

In the back of his mind, he wondered if someone else had occupied the young master’s body, but that thought quickly disappeared.

He couldn’t imagine that possibility, since Lidia and Austin knew from the time she was pregnant that the child they would have had overwhelming mental power.

Nor could anyone replace him or usurp the baby’s body when both parents were attentive and while this world and this entire universe had unexplainable mysteries, it was clear that the young master was not one of them.

The young master was the same person since he was born and even though he sometimes revealed a development that did not match his age, he still showed that lack of common sense.

And in the end, he was the son of Lidia and Austin, his benefactors who helped him without question and now that they asked him the favor of taking care of their child, he would accept it.

As for all the strangeness? He was the son of two beings out of this world.

“Young Master. The tokens are not important. We must take out the money they hold,” Jonathan said, and as he met the young master’s gaze, he looked at the guards and detailed. “We can also take care of getting the money out of bank accounts and use any virtual transactions.”

Some clients and guards had cybernetic devices implanted in their bodies and while it would be difficult for them to use it, as some banks would detect anomalies, it wasn’t if they had someone like the young master.

Mentally forcing them as long as he controlled it to accept some transactions was easy... And it was certainly much better than taking some tokens or then asking for trade from the bosses, which they controlled.

“I was right to bring you, babysitter,” the young master murmured and smiling at him as he watched him, he asked. “Then where do we start?”

Even though the young master was smiling arrogantly at the body, he was possessing and his eyes glowed purple, Jonathan couldn’t hide his smile.

No matter how the young master surprised him, he would help the son of his benefactors, no matter what he did.

******

“Wahaha!”

Laughing in amusement, Zack amused himself in his own seat.

How could he not? The gambling night, which because of a lack of honesty by the organizers turned into a mugging, was totally worth it.

According to the babysitter who was driving the car they were moving around in, they got a lot of money and it was enough to afford a couple of meds.

It was a good day, and he had to admit that he had fun and the only downside was....

—What’s up, babysitter? —He asked and seeing that the babysitter was looking in the rearview mirror as if nothing was happening, he ordered. —Speak up. Or you’ll make me think you want a bigger portion.

After an excellent heist and an incredible streak, he was kind enough to share twenty percent of the total winnings and gave the babysitter the honor of taking care of the numbers and the currency value of these inferior beings.

He was not too interested in this world or the imaginary value they placed on some meaningless papers.

However, he knew that all inferior beings loved numbers and precious things, and the babysitter now had surely increased his savings extraordinarily.

How much were those jailers paying him? If the babysitter was so desperate for a larger percentage, he would graciously relent as long as he had enough left over for a couple of those meds.

“Portion? No... I’m fine,” the babysitter mumbled, controlling his quivering lips and turning his eyes back to the road, he asked. “Why didn’t you let me handle it, young master?”

It was a simple and clear question, which was given in a flat tone that hid that bloodlust that this man kept so repressed.

—Do you mean to kill everyone? —He asked and saw the babysitter tremble subtly and smiling arrogantly, he questioned. —What? You think I don’t realize what your way of handling it was? You think very little of me.

The babysitter was just using fancy words to hide the fact that he would have preferred to murder everyone.

As a transcendental being, the rules and morals of mortals seemed insignificant to him, but he agreed that it could be dangerous if the female jailer found out.

That wild barbarian could try to hit him and this prison called a body would tie with ease! So it made sense to keep a low profile until he could win.

As expected of the babysitter the jailers put in place to take care of him, he was someone with a dark past who wasn’t afraid to get his hands dirty.

“I didn’t mean everyone. I trust you’ve done a good job of erasing his mind, but I’m worried about Donovan. You left him normally,” the babysitter replied and looking in the rearview mirror, commented. “The boss behind him is a Supervillain who has a lot of business in the Blue City and...”

Zack tilted his head to the side suddenly, silencing the babysitter who was looking at him in the rearview mirror, then when the man’s gaze was averted, he raised it again.

He had been learning those terms they used in this insignificant world to refer to those individuals with power and if he was sincere, the only thing he cared about was to look for a way to free himself from the prison in which the jailers locked him up.

Maybe teach that barbaric woman some manners and a little punishment for being cruel jailers.

He didn’t mind getting his hands dirty and if someone wanted conflict or a duel against him, as the strongest transcendental of them all, he would accept it.

However...

—Do you murder children, babysitter? —He asked and when he noticed the babysitter shook his head, he revealed. —I don’t mind getting my hands dirty, especially with insignificant people. However, I will not murder children. Not unless they are too selfish... Annoying or rude.

He let the boy he met today go free without erasing his memories or blurring them as he did the others.

He also didn’t murder him like the babysitter wanted, and it was because that boy had potential.

Once the boy realized what kind of entity was occupying his mind, he was submissive and obedient, like a child who realized he was facing an adult.

Such children had the potential to transcend and as long as they were not stupidly annoying or selfish or rude, he could let the occasional transgression pass.

Zack was a merciful transcendental.

And above all...

—Who knows? Maybe that boy will realize what an amazing being he encountered and show up again. This time, more obedient. —He said and laughing as he received the babysitter’s look, he ordered. —Find a place to buy those medicines.

“I understand. Auction houses are the best places to buy. At least they guarantee the fidelity of the genetic improvement,” the babysitter replied obediently.

Instead of pressing the issue any further, the babysitter accepted the new order he was given and, unlike when they went to the gambling house, this time, he was more determined.

So had the babysitter decided on whether to support him or stay on the side of the jailers?

It was obvious that the babysitter chose him, and it was impossible for him not to.

Zack was the transcendental, more powerful....

“...”

The belly growled back, and he realized something was coming out and though he wanted to control it, he couldn’t and soiled his own diapers.

The babysitter sniffed and looked in the rearview mirror.

“Young master, you-“

—Shut up. —He ordered angrily.

Trying to control his breathing and calm the anger that boiled inside him for not being able to control his body.

Although he put all his strength into it, he could barely control his anger.

“Should I stop?” the babysitter asked and....

—Yes, please.

His answer was a little calmer, and he took a deep breath, calming his mind.

He was a transcendental being, even if he messed his diapers!

Although he needed to clean up and change diapers before the smell intensified.

4