Chapter 21: Plans
69 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 21: Plans

Inside a waiting room, Zack, occupying the babysitter’s body, watched through the window.

It was night, and they were at the top of the building that was the headquarters of the Thorn Auction House and Zack was here waiting for the old merchant.

His real body was resting in the carrier he wore on his chest and even though he had food and drink nearby, Zack was not in such a good mood.

The room was nicely decorated and the armchair he was sitting in was comfortable and soft, while the pictures on the wall were nice and the best thing was the soft music playing.

The view was also magnificent, being able to see the illuminated buildings on this quiet night.

Still, Zack wasn’t in the mood, and it wasn’t because of the old merchant who kept him waiting.

Five hundred and forty-five days had passed since Zack had arrived in this world.

There were many situations he disliked that he didn’t want to remember, but of all he had encountered, what was on his mind was the most brilliant transcendental of all and the medicines.

Did the medicines come from powerful beings?

“Hugo will soon come, master,” the boy said, and observing him, added. “And don’t worry about what’s going on outside. Let’s trust Monique and her two companions. When we come out, we will act.”

The boy believed that his silence and grumpiness were due the concern for the minions that were sent to complete the first mission.

Not realizing that Zack wasn’t worried about them.

Today his group was coming to visit the old merchant, but when they left they would go after the boy’s people and help the fast moving half-breed.

“Do you think your ‘golden girl’ knows the location of the Great Monkey’s hideout?” Zack asked in a low tone.

There were multiple reasons to be upset.

First there was the unknown of the medicine, then there was the transcendental female and then there were also the jailers who were constantly watching him and not allowing him to leave, staying for days trapped in the mission.

However, among all that bothered him was the Great Monkey.

“I don’t understand why he won’t show himself,” Zack muttered in a grumpy tone.

The boy had taken it upon himself to spread the rumor that he wanted to challenge the Great Monkey, and from what Zack knew of inferior beings; they cared what other inferior beings thought.

Still, the Great Monkey did not respond to the challenge and gave no sign of an answer, and now all that was left was to look for the hiding place.

“The Great Monkey will not stoop to accept my challenge, for he will let others know that I am on his level,” the boy explained and observing him, he added. “Don’t worry, master. After today, he will definitely agree to fight against us... If we don’t go to him first.”

Today, the boy had sent the improved minions on a mission that would bring him closer to eliminating the Great Monkey.

And if that didn’t work, they upon finishing here would go after the person the Donovan boy was talking about.

“According to the information I have got. The Great Monkey’s right hand guarded Gloria and most of my people. Now that Zurab the left hand was killed by me, the Great Monkey only has the right hand left,” the boy detailed and smiling slyly, he muttered. “Once we catch him, we can take care of getting what you want.”

The boy’s smile was sly and full of mischief.

Was he referring to mind reading? Or controlling the body of that ‘right hand’? In the end, regardless of the choice, they could get what they sought.

—Young master, don’t forget we need to be back before the sun rises and your mother returns home. —The babysitter said through the mental connection.

The only drawback to this mission was that they had a time limit to act, and that was the night.

The male jailer spent most of his time in the lab, most likely doing cruel experiments or something of that sort, and the woman worked away from home.

Generally, they would come back during the morning and torture him until the afternoon, and at that time, they would leave and Zack would have time to go out.

The plan needed to fit the day he was free, which meant they didn’t have to give the Great Monkey a chance to react or change hiding places.

“I understand. If the mission takes longer, we can always let the right hand escape. You know, luckily,” the boy replied, letting out a wicked laugh.

In case they didn’t have time to eradicate the Great Monkey by today, they could try to create a double agent and, to Zack, it didn’t sound so bad.

He hadn’t played with the minds of inferior beings to twist them to his will for a long time now.

“I’m pleased you have multiple plans.” Zack gave him a sincere compliment and then, noticing the presence coming from the hallway, turned his head just as the door opened.

The old merchant watched him and noted his mood in an instant as he entered.

“Sorry for the delay,” the old merchant said, bowing.

The old merchant was a grown man with graying hair and a wrinkled face, but he was quick-witted and older than anything, smart enough to know when to bow and apologize.

Zack liked the old merchant and nodded, regardless of the tardiness.

“The boy must have already told you what I’m looking for. Can you give it?” Zack asked immediately and, observing the man seriously, he questioned. “Will you tell me who are the ones who sold the psychic genetic enhancement?”

Was it his humor?

His voice came out with a greater force and it was enough to emanate a presence that put the boy in a state of alertness.

Even the babysitter’s body went into an automatic alert state and the old merchant withstood the pressure.

“I’m sorry. I can’t,” the old merchant replied and observing him, lowered his head without daring to look him in the eyes. “My delay was because I was talking to my supervisors at the head office. They prevented me from handing over the information. We cannot betray our customers.”

The old merchant bowed at about ninety degrees perfectly and, unlike what one would expect, the old man did not tremble or flinch at the presence he sensed.

Zack didn’t even try to control his presence and felt himself using the babysitter’s mental strength to provoke murmurs in the vicinity about to unleash a mental attack that would break the old merchant’s mind.

However, he controlled himself.

“Supervisors... I guess those supervisors must know where the genetic enhancement comes from. They must know that the enhancement comes from beings of greater power who probably don’t give up their essence willingly,” Zack said, and this time, he noticed a subtle movement in the old merchant’s body.

While the old merchant’s mind was trembling.

Zack experimented with three genetic enhancements and it was hard to be sure of anything with only three experiments, but now it was clear that his idea was not so wrong.

The genetic enhancements were part of other beings, whether it was magical energy, vitality or mental strength... It was all part of a being of greater power.

The will that was transmitted by those medicines was violent, and Zack supposed it was because they extracted that medicine by force and without consent.

Was that what they did to the most brilliant transcendental of all? For that reason, she could not endure imprisonment?

It made little sense that being locked up and in solitude would make her crazy and there was something else.

What torture did this woman suffer? The very idea caused Zack to feel enraged.

Zack was mentally tortured, and his pride was broken, but she...

—Calm down, young master.

The babysitter’s voice roused him from his anger and as he looked around, he noticed that the babysitter’s mental strength had manifested itself by disintegrating several pieces of furniture.

He had done something similar when he fought against the barbaric woman who endured his attack, but the furniture could easily be erased... As if it had never existed.

However, that move drained the babysitter’s mental strength, and Zack controlled himself.

“You’ve been good, old merchant. So I’ll let you live. Now tell me where your superiors live. I want to talk to them,” Zack said as he controlled his anger.

His mood was at rock bottom, but he wasn’t about to lose control after suffering for so long.

The old merchant recognized his greatness and hired him even though he had no reason to and even made an enemy of the Great Monkey and when he was robbed, he let it go even though he took a loss.

That old man didn’t deserve to be punished, and Zack, as a magnanimous transcendental, would forgive him for not speaking up.

It was a different matter with those so-called supervisors, though.

The old merchant revealed surprise at his magnanimity and raised his head, realizing that he would not die today.

Although mostly the old merchant kept his expressions in check, revealing nothing, this time surprise was evident on his face and curiosity in his black eyes.

“May I know why you are looking for the sellers of genetic enhancement?” the old merchant asked without being able to control himself.

Was it out of a merchant’s curiosity? Did he think he was going to steal his contact? Or was it simply interest?

“Whoever sold that genetic enhancement is extracting it from someone I know... From someone who can be considered my equal,” Zack replied, and observing the old man standing stiffly, he detailed. “And I’m going to kill those people and then rescue that entity.”

His voice was relentless.

Zack could be magnanimous, but he could also be extremely vindictive, and for someone to use a transcendental and imprison her deserved to suffer the worst of punishments.

He put the woman on his level and while there was a tremendous difference between the two, in a way they were both transcendental, so they were equal in that.

The old merchant was totally taken aback and instead of doubting or questioning as the inferior beings did, the man nodded as if it all made sense.

“I have heard rumors that genetic enhancements are made from other extremely powerful beings. Now with your words, I can confirm it,” the old merchant revealed and observing him, asked. “Why didn’t you check my mind? The... Beings like you can easily do that.”

Zack nodded, unsurprised that the old merchant recognized his greatness.

Though his question was specific and it was clear that the man was curious and even the boy who sometimes didn’t care for methods was curious.

The old merchant had several mental protection artifacts. However, controlling his mind and searching for memories to discover the truth was going to be easy.

Still, Zack did not, and such an idea did not cross his mind.

“You are someone who recognized my greatness and always behaved with the proper respect. You deserve at least this treatment,” Zack replied, as if it were obvious.

The old merchant was one of the few who recognized his greatness and treated him with the proper respect he deserved.

Even if the old merchant was an inferior being, he didn’t deserve to have his mind invaded or his memories stolen... Something Zack would do with practically anyone and even strangers.

Still...

“It’s different with your supervisors. So if you tell me where they live, I’ll go to them, invade their minds and shatter their consciousness until I get what I’m looking for,” Zack said calmly.

His recognition was for the old merchant and not for the superiors, and Zack was not afraid to go after those superiors and play with their minds to find out what he was looking for.

The old merchant watched him for a few seconds and then gave a smile he could barely control.

“My superiors forbade me to speak. However, I trusted my instinct and now it tells me that you are worth more than them,” the old merchant said and calmly, he revealed. “The client was hiding well. However, we always do research on the source of the genetic enhancements and have discovered that it comes from the Tower.”

Zack didn’t mind the old merchant putting a value on it and was more. He liked it, as the man wasn’t going for emotional or loyalty.

However, the revelation left him a bit puzzled.

“The Tower?” Zack asked and, seeing the old merchant nod, he questioned. “What is the Tower?”

The old merchant made it sound like the Tower was an important place, but Zack did not know what he was talking about.

“The Tower is where the biggest criminals in Blue City and other cities are incarcerated. Several Supers end up there and rumor has it that there are incarcerated Codes Blacks,” the boy explained.

“A prison?” asked Zack.

—This is not just a prison, young master. It is a high security prison. For the creation, not only technology was used, but other divine means and there is even talk that the Dawn Gods have intervened in the creation.

The babysitter gave a more in-depth explanation of the matter, and Zack nodded in acknowledgment.

He remembered that the whirlwind where the brightest transcendental of all was had high sealing security and, except for the small gap in the defense where they entered and where the woman acted through, there was no other gap.

“Then where is it?” Zack asked curiously.

“That’s the problem. No one knows where it is. Some say it’s a pocket dimension, others talk about it being a divine realm or even a technologically created space. Practically, no one knows the truth,” the boy said seriously.

Zack’s expression turned serious, and it was at that moment that the old merchant looked at him.

“I once heard from the Great Monkey that one of his subordinates escaped from prison. I don’t know if he was bluffing to bluff,” the old merchant interjected.

Zack, after thinking, nodded.

“Now I have all the more reason to eliminate the Great Monkey...” Zack muttered, and giving the boy a look, he added. “Let’s try to take that monkey’s minions. If they’re smart, then they’ll know I’m better than a poorly evolved monkey.”

In case they didn’t figure it out, the only fate left for them was to die and in case there was someone like the old merchant mentioned and they didn’t cooperate, he needed to use force.

“I owe you a favor, old merchant,” Zack said honestly and, seeing the man’s smile, he took his leave.

The old merchant was honest and put a value on him, which meant a favor was important to the man and Zack would owe the favor.

Heading down the hallway with the boy, Zack entered the private elevator that led to the subway parking garage and touched the button to go down.

Music played in the background and the boy watched him closely, especially the smile Zack was giving.

“Come on, boy. We’ve got a long night and this time we’ll get what we came for,” Zack said, and watching the boy, he added. “And then, when we get your people back and find the primate’s lair, we’ll investigate that tower.”

Today’s goal was to find the Great Monkey’s lair, but once they were done with that primate he would devote full attention to the supposed tower.

There were people working and selling the genetic enhancements, so there was a way in and a way out.

Zack just needed to figure out the location and, as for the way out, he could simply get rid of everything and create his own way out.

If you like it remember to follow the story and rate it or leave a review.

2