Chapter 25: Nature’s Work
44 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 25: Nature’s Work

In the kitchen, Jonathan looked at the clock and noticing that it was four hours to midnight, he looked out the window into the courtyard.

Night was rising faster and faster, and everything was dark.

Today was a full moon, and the glow of that wondrous moon was upon this planet.

Still, Jonathan could feel the subtle tension in the air and he watched out of the corner of his eye for the person causing it.

The kitchen had an open interior window looking into the living room and sitting on the floor was the young master, using several pencils to draw on a piece of paper on the floor.

He was not drawing calmly, but with some frustration, and even though he was concentrating, he was still grunting with annoyance and anger.

The reason was probably because looking next to him were Mrs. Lidia and Mr. Austin, watching with a smile as their son drew a monkey.

The young master was probably angry that the pencils Mrs. Lidia gave him were breaking every time he used them.

Although the young master was not yet two years old, he was a boy who was maturing fast.

His head was big, but at present his body was growing and his strength was high enough to break pencils easily if he did not control himself.

Even if Mistress Lydia said this was training for the young master to control his strength, he was likely to see it differently.

“Wawawha!”

The young master let out an enraged splutter and snapped the pencil in half with his bare hands, before crossing his arm as he sat down.

Proof that he would not continue, and Mistress Lydia gave a bright smile and came over to give him a kiss on the forehead.

“You’ve done a good job. I’ll leave you alone for now and we’ll go,” Lidia said, smiling as she hugged the young master.

If at first the young master resisted wanting to walk away, when he heard they were about to leave, he controlled himself and waited, behaving like a good boy.

Mrs. Lidia was excellent at controlling her son, even if at times she did it by physical force.

Jonathan kept remembering the beating Mistress Lidia gave the young master when he occupied his body.

While he didn’t know if that woman was aware of what she did, the young master still feared Mistress Lidia’s strength.

“Jonathan, can you come here for a moment?” Lidia asked calmly as she lowered the young master to the ground.

Jonathan obeyed and approached the woman who was heading for the exit with her husband.

“Do you think we should install some security measures in the house?” Lidia asked her husband, and looking up at the hallway ceiling, she muttered. “He’ll probably be able to fly soon. Maybe he’ll get hurt if something happens to him.”

Spotlights were installed on the ceiling of the hallway illuminating the interior and while a normal child would not reach that height, the young master was not normal.

“Even if he can fly, I don’t think he’ll get hurt. His body is growing, and he’s getting stronger as well as tougher. He should be careful, though,” Austin replied as they both walked out.

Jonathan was behind them both and listened to everything intently.

However, the conversation was about a concern of the house, it gave the impression that it was a general concern.

“I’ll take care of him,” Jonathan said immediately.

Both parents gave him a look and smiled.

“Good. Let me know if you need anything. I can be back in a few minutes, but my husband can respond in seconds,” Lidia said, then she rose into the air.

Next to her, Mr. Austin also did the same, and they both took off flying into the sky and high up, they burst with terrifying speed and without a sound; they disappeared into the distance.

Both could fly and it was likely that the young master could also fly naturally, although in reality he already flew through his telekinesis.

Jonathan, realizing that they both disappeared into the distance, went back inside and noticed that the suitcases were flying and from the second floor came down the purple trench coat that the young master was so fond of.

“They’re gone now, young master,” Jonathan said calmly.

The young master was floating in the air and as a new diaper was fitted to his body and next was the trench coat with which the young master dressed without moving.

Near the young master were the moving pencils drawing on a painting and unlike when the young master used his hands, this time the details of the monkey were more visible and understandable.

He was not an extremely capable painter, but the trees, the background, the details and everything surrounding the drawing were well done.

As were the fecal waste, which the monkey seemed to be thrown.

“Babysitter... Hurry... I... Go.”

The young master tried to speak, pausing several seconds to say the right word without stuttering and though he was slowing, he was getting better.

“Yes. When you are ready, we are leaving. Donovan has mentioned that the thief... The girl is already waiting for you. We have prepared a perfect place for you.” Jonathan replied calmly, correcting himself when he referred to the girl.

Jonathan didn’t know how the young master approached someone like that so-called girl... A woman connected to the brotherhood of heroes and the same person who had tried to rob them.

The good thing was that, according to Donovan, the woman was alone and not accompanied by any member of the brotherhood of heroes, which was good.

The young master trusted that ‘girl’ and the person behind her, and for Jonathan, that was enough to trust as well.

He was glad that the young master had a friend and while it was too early for Zack to think about girlfriends, it was nice that he had someone to relate to and whoever was behind the ‘girl’, it was someone the young master treated as his equal.

It was rare when he mostly treated everyone as inferior beings or called them nicknames, letting some indifference show.

Although it was likely that the woman he referred to as his equal was probably someone very different from his parents.

However, Jonathan didn’t ask too many questions and less so when the young master seemed serious about his idea of helping the woman who was imprisoned.

The Tower was no joke and would probably have top security and could be very dangerous.

While the young master always showed superiority when facing other supers, the Tower was no child’s play.

Now that the young master wanted to take on the Great Monkey, it could be defined how strong he was and what he was capable of.

Was he strong enough to defeat a Supervillain who was at the top of the city? The Great Monkey was not the strongest Supervillain in the world, but he was certainly among the strongest.

If Zack defeated that kind of Supervillain, maybe the young master would have a chance to go to the Tower and if not, Jonathan hoped that the young master would be open to ask his parents for help.

They could help him better than he could.

In the end, Jonathan sighed as he looked at the young master and simply smiled.

It was his duty to protect him from whatever he was involved in.

******

Zack was excited.

Even though he was riding in the arms of the fast moving babysitter, he couldn’t hide his excitement about taking out the Great Monkey.

He never liked those monkeys, and it infuriated him that someone would go against him.

As a transcendental, he could not allow such actions against him and while they attacked the boy, it was as if they were attacking him directly.

The babysitter jumped from tree to tree climbing a mountain top.

They were dozens of kilometers from the city in a jungle area and the babysitter was climbing a mountain a few hundred meters high.

This mountainous area was covered with trees and in the dark of night one could not see well, but the babysitter had excellent senses and the moon helped.

Climbing faster and faster, they both reached the top of the mountain and headed for the cliff area.

Zack looked at the green trees and jungle thickets surrounding the mountain.

“They say that a few years ago, when the Great Monkey defeated the previous leader of Blue City, the battle happened here. It is believed that for that reason the nature is so dense and jungle-like here. I didn’t expect the Great Monkey to have his base near here,” the babysitter said, moving along.

They were moving along the edge of the cliff and Zack could see how the moon was illuminating the surrounding jungle and, in the distance, he noticed an ancient structure amidst the tall trees.

It gave the impression of being some kind of abandoned building and Zack, who had read the memories of the right hand, knew that the Great Monkey was hiding in those ruins.

Specifically, in the laboratory that was built underground.

Zack averted his gaze to the edge of the cliff and perceived how the magical and mental waves were subtly covering a small prefabricated building.

It was a medium-sized square structure that had a window onto the cliff overlooking the ancient ruins.

From the entrance, the boy with the two half-breeds and the girl came out.

“They are all awaiting your order. This place seemed ideal for you to be,” the boy said and looking at the babysitter, detailed. “Hugo has gotten us several security devices for both concealment and protection. They are high performance.”

The area looked like it was a square warehouse with stone walls, but Zack could feel the magical energy reinforcing the wall while also sensing several extra defenses.

While the cloaking artifacts were not enough to fool him, Zack realized that he couldn’t destroy this building, not unless he made an effort or controlled the babysitter’s or the boy’s body.

Proof that the defenses were higher than the concealment and inside he could feel the presences of all the minions and the boy’s former people.

Into battle only the supers would go and his real body would stay behind, using the minions’ mental strength to act, which meant Zack had to be in a safe place and, more so when, the babysitter was also going into battle.

Moving inside, Zack noticed the wall full of magical and other protections, including both heavenly and demonic artifacts, and what was curious was the floor.

On the floor were formations in circles where over seventy minions sat side by side in meditative positions and from those circles were lines leading to the front of the window facing the cliff.

There was another circle there where all the connections were gathered and where Zack would sit.

“My master mentioned that this could help enhance the technique you use,” the girl said as she watched him.

The girl this time was wearing gold striped tiger pajamas with a tiger mask while holding her top hat in one hand.

She was not showing her identity, and her voice was serious, slightly distorted.

However, through the mask, Zack could perceive the gaze of the brightest transcendental of all.

“It’s curious that she knows about these types of formations. She must have interacted a lot with the inferior beings.”

Zack controlled the heavenly half-breed’s body and spoke through it, watching as the light blue glow grew in the girl’s eyes.

This trick was created by inferior beings who usually used it to increase their power and while Zack knew the trick, he had not delved into mortal knowledge and had not learned about this formation.

There had been no point in learning this kind of trick before when it seemed like childish tricks to him and now, as an infant, he realized they were valuable.

“She says that, unlike you, she does not look down on inferior beings,” replied the girl and without showing fear, she pointed. “She also asks if you want her to accompany you.”

They were speaking directly, and everyone else was silent and listening.

The girl got a negative look from the boy, who didn’t like the way she was talking, but it was obvious to Zack that the brighter transcendental was speaking using the girl.

“No,” Zack replied nonchalantly.

Why would he let the most brilliant transcendental of all accompany him? First of all, this was a task he himself wanted to complete, and he did not need help from that woman.

And greater than all, if he invited her to go, that woman was likely to use her power and, in doing so, would weaken herself.

While the connection of the brighter transcendental with the girl was high and fluid, the woman being in a prison hindered the power she could wield.

Zack approached with the heavenly half-breed’s body and surveyed the ancient building in the distance.

The right hand held the memories of the security, the entrances and exits along with all the hiding places, traps and the cameras.

Also, at this moment, the right hand was still under his control, so they had an infiltrator inside that would allow them to enter without so much trouble.

“Prepare yourselves. Those who don’t want to go can stay behind,” Zack exclaimed.

He then left the half-breed’s body and returned to his infant body, flying to the front where he was going to sit.

Once he got his feet on the ground, he could feel the mental strength of the others and it was greater than he could take when he occupied the bodies.

There he turned around to observe those present.

The inferior minions sat on the floor fearful and doubtful, but just as silent and obedient.

They were all inferior beings, but the status they held differed and the lower grade minions could not speak or refuse.

However, they were here not because he forced them, but because they wanted to be here, believing that if they helped him, they could get rewarded and become enhanced minions.

Just like the three enhanced minions who were watching him seriously.

“We will follow you, master,” the leader of the three minions replied.

The blackish-haired woman had opened her third eye, ready for battle and unwilling to be left behind.

The silent man and the creepy, big-breasted woman also nodded, ready to follow.

Zack then looked at the two half-breeds.

“I’ll go. I’m fast. I can be everywhere and I can be of help. I still need your help to find out who my parents are.” The golden girl said, speaking as fast as she always did.

Zack didn’t even know who the gods of this world were, so he did not know who her parents were and no matter how much he mentioned it, she kept staying.

In the end, he ignored her, as that action was the best.

“I’ll go too... I can’t just stand by and do nothing,” The heavenly half-breed said.

The Great Monkey wanted him dead because he feared his power and it was normal for him to fight back to free himself.

Zack, seeing the babysitter and the child nodding, gave a laugh.

They were all ready to do nature’s work... Eliminate the unevolved beings.

Remember to rate the story if you like it or leave a review. It would really help.

1