Chapter 30: An Ordinary Day
47 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 30: An Ordinary Day

The young master’s day started late in the morning and the first thing he did was stare at the ceiling while meditating.

Jonathan had seen people meditate, but staring at the ceiling as if he were thinking was far from what he knew as meditation.

Still, the young master emanated waves of mental strength constantly.

He was hiding it from his parents, but not from him, and such a fact was proof of his control.

“Jailers... Here?” the young master asked after finishing.

Jonathan brought the feeding bottle closer to feed him and the young master frowned in distaste at the sight.

“No, your mother is gone. The city has been in turmoil since... Well, the Great Monkey disappeared and we took his business over. Your father is also busy, although he mentioned he wanted to go clothes shopping with you today,” Jonathan said and watched as the young master immediately frowned.

The young master didn’t enjoy spending time with his parents... That was the reason he was frowning.

Unperturbed at the fact that a week ago, he opened a rift that put the city on alert and made it clear to the world that someone new had emerged and was in control of the city.

The disappearance of the Great Monkey and, in turn, the city’s alarm was too much of a coincidence and many eyes were on them, but the one who did it all simply got out of bed.

And now, with his diaper in plain sight, he took off his pajamas and put on a purple shirt and purple pants of his own.

Watching the clothes fly through the air was not at all surprising after seeing what he had done.

—Are there people bothering the boy and his work? —the young master asked.

Did he want another fight? The look the young master gave carried a certain arrogance, and that question was given every morning when he got up.

Was it because he fell exhausted after the last job and his parents wouldn’t let him out, or was it because he was preoccupied with business?

“No one. Although the boy... I mean, Donovan’s been too busy. He may not complain to you, but the work is too much for him. He’s had a lot of difficulties,” Jonathan revealed.

He stepped aside as the young master tried to climb out of the crib on his own and he didn’t do it like a normal baby, but jumped high enough to rise above the crib and fall to the bed nearby.

He did it with sheer physical strength and the young master looked down at his clothes before climbing down from the bed.

—Let him ask the right hand for help. That ape understands his position. —The young master replied.

Jonathan gave a half smile.

Everyone understood their positions after the young master’s display of power... It wasn’t about physical strength, but the ability to seal someone so easily.

The young master sealed the Great Monkey and his mother, throwing them into a purple space, and everyone saw what had happened.

Including the monkeys the young master had captured and among them was the Great Monkey’s former right-hand man and his minions.

“That’s another problem. What shall we do with them? There are so many of them...” Jonathan said in a worried tone.

He was following the young master to the bathroom and waited at the door while the young master went about his business on his own.

If he tried to help him, he was going to get angry.... Very, so Jonathan learned to treat him like an adult.

—I’m not in the mood for a massacre and I’m too weak to force their evolutions. Tell them to wait and do something useful. Their primate minds can be useful.

The voice coming from the bathroom was as arrogant as ever and treated those supers as unevolved primates.

Even though some researchers and scientists in the organization were individuals with advanced degrees and studies and were even supers.

What was the difference between a primate mind to a human mind to the young master? Jonathan pushed that question away and wrote it down for a warning.

Just as he was about to send the order by coded message, the bathroom door opened and Jonathan watched the young master hovering with his toothbrush in his mouth.

The young master had already combed his gray hair and at this moment had a frown on his face, as if he felt something.

“Do you want privacy to go to the bathroom?” Jonathan asked curiously.

Perhaps the young master didn’t like him being around, although on other days he always accompanied him outside and didn’t mind.

Jonathan noticed the young master’s eyebrow twitching in obvious annoyance, but instead of turning grumpy, he looked around.

—Have the jailers put in new cameras, babysitter? —The young master asked, looking around.

Cameras? Jonathan frowned and pulled out the security panel projecting the security of the house.

The cameras were connected to the security system, as were all the other means of security in the mansion, and Jonathan didn’t notice any new cameras.

“No. Nothing new,” Jonathan replied and with curiosity asked. “Why do you ask?”

The young master spat into the wash, taking out all the toothpaste and then rinsed his mouth.

—Because someone is looking at me, babysitter. An annoying look. —The young master replied. —Perhaps you have lost the trust of the jailers and they have put up more security. Be careful, babysitter. Or we will both suffer torture worse than death and perhaps non-existence.

Jonathan watched him and realized he wasn’t joking, even though he was exaggerating as usual about his parents.

Extending his senses again, Jonathan couldn’t pick up on anything and frowned seriously.

“Should you occupy my body?” Jonathan asked and as he watched the young master lower himself to the ground to walk again, he hesitated. “Shall I activate the house security?”

Without waiting for an answer, he activated the mansion’s sealing security and as they walked; they noticed through the window how several technological barriers rose up sealing the space.

Then a layer of metal covered the entire mansion, completely sealing the building.

—Still there. —The young master answered as he descended the staircase.

He did not do it carefully, but took leap after leap to descend until he reached the floor and walked normally.

Since falling ill, the young master had an increase in mental as well as physical strength and while sometimes it was hard for him to speak, usually when he used much of his power, he could speak normally.

“You don’t look nervous,” Jonathan pointed out.

The young master made his way to the dining room as several glasses of juice flew through the air and landed on the table where he was headed. Climbing into his chair, he sat down and the food came to the front of him.

The television in front of the dining table turned on of its own accord and the young master ate calmly.

—Hm? Are you still worried, babysitter? —asked the young master and seeing his face, he gave a sigh and explained. —I don’t know what the pervert is using to look at, but he won’t be able to see me. My existence itself is not something that divination or even fate can predict.

Jonathan watched him calmly.

The expression he wore was simple and the purple eyes showed a unique superiority, full of arrogance.

After what he had done, it was normal for him to show such arrogance, but....

“What if he is a powerful being?” asked Jonathan.

—Then we will beat him. —The young master replied.

“Although you won against the Great Monkey if he is someone like your mother...” Jonathan muttered and, receiving the serious look from the young master, he added. “You didn’t do well against her.”

Jonathan didn’t want the young master to get the power he had going to his head.

He was the son of two powerful individuals, but in this world there were beings who also had great power and, as if that wasn’t enough, they were not alone in this universe.

The Blue City was highly protected and there were only occasional attacks from supervillains very different from other cities.

Unfortunately, the young master liked to watch documentaries and not the news, so he knew nothing and did not know how big this world was.

—Last time we had to withdraw strategically. However, now it may be different. Even if I can’t win, I can send her away. —The young master said and smiling as he ate, he murmured. —Although I would like to humiliate that barbaric woman and defeat her with pure strength.

Jonathan watched as the young master chuckled to himself as he ate breakfast and watched television.

The young master’s conflict with his mother was complex, but it was hard to tell if it was serious... Though probably if he tried to seal Lady Lidia, he would fail.

He wasn’t the first to come up with the idea and probably wouldn’t be the last.

Jonathan finally sighed and looked back down at the little boy, who was still eating.

“Do you still want to go for the Tower?” Jonathan asked and noticing that he didn’t have the attention, he added. “The Tower holds dangerous criminals of the type that kill hundreds of thousands or can destroy cities. I don’t know what kind of friend you have, but... It’s risky.”

The young master paused and stopped eating to turn to face him.

Not with an annoyed look and not inquisitive either, but thoughtful, and then shook his head with a sigh.

—She’s strong. I’m surprised she ended up sealed... And I can’t make sense of it either. She doesn’t seem like someone who would murder inferior beings for fun. In a way, she’s interested in inferior beings. —The young master said and looking back at the TV, he added. —Although she may be a little angry now. But... Well. Who can tell her anything? If I was locked up and they were using me to create children, I’d be upset.

His last words were delivered in a tone that gave the impression that he carried a certain calmness, but Jonathan could feel the ripples of mental energy emanating from him.

His friend was a being from which they created elixir and Jonathan could understand the pain of being the subject of experiment.

“Yes... I would feel anger too... And desire for revenge,” Jonathan muttered and, seeing the young master look at him again, he announced. “I will help you, young master.”

He did not wonder what kind of being the young master’s friend could be.

At this point, to wonder at the strangeness of the young master was nonsense, and more so when he had shown powers and higher intelligence and maturity than any child.

Jonathan found nothing strange about it and when in doubt he told himself that Mrs. Lidia and Mr. Austin had appointed him as babysitter, because perhaps they imagined that their son might not be normal.

No normal babysitter could deal with the young master... Literally.

—Thank you, babysitter. —The young master said and pointing to a chair, he added. —Come, sit down and have some breakfast. If the male jailer wants to meet with us today, it means we have a long day ahead of us. If we get through it, we will be closer to freedom again and we can go out in the evenings.

Mr. Austin simply wanted to go out with his son, but the young master took it as if he was about to endure hours of torture.

And yet he looked animated, wanting to go out.

Jonathan nodded, thinking he should send a message to Donovan to find out about the Great Monkey’s acquaintance.

The young master had entered the Great Monkey’s mind and had stolen a lot of information and among it all was the information about the one who supposedly escaped from the Tower.

1