Chapter 38: Sunday
32 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 38: Sunday

Jonathan watched out the living room window as the sun slowly rose on this beautiful Sunday morning.

He liked the mansion’s garden that was in view from the living room, as the greenery of the grass and the flowers and trees that were rare in the Blue City were nice to see.

A greenish, comfortable courtyard that was perfect for having a picnic or breakfast outdoors, and Jonathan turned his gaze to Mrs. Lidia, who was feeding young master Zack.

“It’s quiet.”

Mr. Austin, with a cup of coffee, came over to his side and watched Mrs. Lidia nurse young master Zack.

The young master was calm as he fed, not revealing that energetic hunger he usually showed when drinking milk, which he even showed when drinking from a bottle.

Although the young master called the mother’s milk as a drug, he actually loved to drink it and once he had it around, he would not stop until he drank it all and while it made him sleepy afterwards, it also filled him with energy.

“The young master will soon be two years old. Don’t you think it’s about time he stopped drinking breast milk?” asked Jonathan, looking sideways at the man.

He had to ask, since the young master had sold his bottles and always refused to drink milk.

That he was so quiet today was an exception that probably wouldn’t happen again.

“You know my wife listens to you, right?” Austin questioned and calmly, he added. “I’ll try to talk to her about it. This is our first child. We’re having difficulties as first-time parents.”

Jonathan remained calm even though he knew that Mrs. Lidia, who had already finished feeding Zack, was listening to him.

That woman rocked the young master quietly and calmly to sleep without being disturbed by the conversation the two were having.

“These last few days, the city has been hectic,” Austin said suddenly and without taking his eyes off the garden, he revealed. “The Society of Heroes and the Lab are preparing for a mass evacuation at any moment. Security is at the highest point for a long time.”

The man was speaking comfortably and took a drink, not looking at him and showing no emotion, all while Jonathan remained solemn.

Jonathan controlled the pounding of his heart that both parents could probably hear and likewise avoided perspiring or showing any trace of knowing what it was all about.

The city was in maximum alarm... It was impossible for him not to know about this matter and his master got accurate information.

The authorities knew they were after the Tower and also some were aware that the person who would attack was the new ruler of the Blue City underworld.

Apparently, the ‘girl’ who stole with the members of the Brotherhood of Heroes was somehow connected to the authorities and it was she who gave them confidential information.

“There is talk of an end of the world prophecy,” Austin said and taking another sip of coffee, he let out a snort. “I don’t believe in that end of the world nonsense. One battle today can create a wound that the world in five hundred or a thousand years cannot bear.”

Jonathan didn’t know what to reply.

He knew little about Prophet Melissa and didn’t know her abilities well enough to understand the magnitude of the skill she possessed.

Still, he understood what Austin was referring to.

What idea was associated with the end of the world other than destruction? The aftermath of a random battle could be the cause of the end of the world in thousands of years after it happened.

Austin showed no confidence in the end-of-the-world prophecy, but Jonathan still noticed the seriousness in the man.

“Still, as a father, I remain concerned,” Austin said and put down his coffee cup. “I worry about my son.”

Austin watched Zack, who had fallen asleep in Mrs. Lidia’s arms.

Since the young master had decided to attack the Tower and had chosen the day, Zack had been submissive and act as calmly as possible, and that meant dealing with his parents’ affection.

Even if he was informed that the authorities were waiting for him fully ready in case of the end of the world, the young master did not decide to retreat or hesitate.

Today was going to be the day when the young master would release the most brilliant transcendental and Jonathan understood that he was ready for anything.

What would happen if the young master did not get what he wanted? This time, he would not throw a tantrum, and perhaps the prophecy was not wrong.

Jonathan remembered the power he had shown him to rip into reality and understood the danger the young master posed as Code Black.

He had expected the son of two highly regarded individuals to be strong, but the young master was on a level of his own... As were the parents.

“With my wife, we will be outside. If you go out, remember to keep an eye out for any situation. The lab has prepared the defense of the city and will spatially move any people or civilians underground if danger breaks out,” Austin revealed, and concentrating on his wife and son, he added. “Don’t go to the old city lighthouse either. The authorities have the City Sun and the Dark Sorceress and other Code Reds guarding the area.”

Jonathan turned to look at the man who remained unperturbed without taking his eyes off his wife and son in the garden.

His expression showed no trace of doubt or any detail that might explain what he was thinking.

“Unfortunately, what is happening in the Federation Capital has made it impossible to call for reinforcements. No other Code Black from another city will appear, however, there is still the Tower Administrator present. A Dawn Goddess whose capabilities are unknown,” Austin said and without looking at him, added. “You have permission to use your abilities should the situation become complicated. I’d like you to hide a bit, but well... If it’s the end of the world, nothing matters.”

If Jonathan felt the strangeness before, this time it was more apparent.

The information he was giving him was not simple. It was information on how the authorities were moving, and it was not something his group could get at the moment.

Did he know something?

“Sir you...”

“It’s hard being a parent and more so for individuals like us. My mother must have had a complicated few years while I was growing up. As strong as she is, taking care of a child of our kind is no simple task,” Austin said and turning fully around, looked directly at him and asked. “You have his trust, so I’ll ask you to please help him.”

The man’s eyes were extremely blue and watched him with a gleam that hid mixed emotions.

It was rare for Jonathan to see Austin showing emotions in front of him, but he felt the weight and complexity of the request he was giving.

The young master would not accept help, nor would he cooperate with his parents, and they as parents solely depended on him, who had gained the young master’s trust.

Asking another man to care for his son was not something just anyone could do, but the helplessness in Austin’s voice was unquestionable, and Jonathan nodded.

“I’ll take care of him and protect him,” Jonathan replied, bowing respectfully.

His benefactors were giving him immense trust, and he accepted it, not only to return the favor to his benefactors, but because he would not stop helping the young master.

Jonathan stopped pondering about the end of the world and what could cause it and solely focused on the goal... To help the young master get his friend out of the Tower.

“Are they done talking?” Lydia asked as she walked in with Zack in her arms.

Zack was asleep and in that state, it was one of the few times Lidia could cuddle him without resistance.

“Yes, my dear. We can leave whenever you wish,” Austin replied, as if talk had been about a simple matter.

As if he hadn’t just revealed information that helped them for what was to come.

Jonathan did not ask what he had wanted to ask… It was no longer necessary to do so.

Mrs. Lidia passed Zack, who was asleep, and they both stepped outside before floating into the air and turning to look at him, who was waiting in the doorway.

“If anything happens, let me know. I’ll be back any minute,” Lidia said, and with a smile, announced. “And I’ll take care of any end of the world.”

The woman’s smile was full of confidence and Jonathan, who knew about Lidia’s abilities first hand, nodded earnestly.

They both flew into the sky and when they flew away, they disappeared completely into the horizon.

Jonathan lowered his head to look at the young master, who was forcing himself to try to open his eyes.

—Are they gone, babysitter? —Asked the young master curling up.

“Yes, young master. I will send the order for our people to get into position,” Jonathan replied.

What they were about to face was not something the lower level minions could take on, and it would take only the elite.

Unfortunately, they didn’t have many powerful minions other than minions like Monique or people like Gloria or Celes.

Which meant they would have to try harder to support the young master and not be a hindrance.

“I’ll take you, young master. Go back to sleep,” Jonathan said, carrying the little boy in his arms.

This little gray haired boy who seemed quiet and calm had great power, but if he wanted to save his friend, he needed help for what was to come.

Jonathan took a deep breath and calmed his thoughts.

Today it was going to be time for him to give his all to support the young master, even if it was dangerous.

After all... Didn’t Mrs. Lidia say so? She would stop the end of the world, even if he was the cause.

1