Chapter 41: Divine Realm
40 5 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 41: Divine Realm

Zack floated with the minion in a brown-colored space that was surrounded by geometric shapes flying around.

The enhanced minion he brought with him was mesmerized as she gazed at those geometric shapes and Zack, looking inside the minion’s mind, sensed that she was building a house in some kind of illusion.

“Wake up,” Zack commanded calmly, and the minion suddenly opened her eyes.

His voice destabilized this Divine Realm, and geometric shapes surrounded it in a square that slowly solidified into a brown wall.

“This is...”

“A Divine Realm. The rules obey its ruler and we, as invaders, are at a disadvantage,” Zack replied and, realizing he was sealed in a square room, he opened his hand and manifested a door in front of him.

The door opened and from outside entered the mental force that was taking from every living being in the Blue City, allowing him to be able to take on the ruler of this realm.

The Tower was not a pocket dimension or anything like that. It was a Divine Realm of a God and, as such, the rules of that god were supreme in this world, leading to him having difficulty bending reality.

Just creating the gate was annoying, though it made it seem like a simple task.

However, it wasn’t the first time he had faced a divine being, and he wasn’t helpless either, at least not as much as that Sun that let him through wished.

“Move on your own and head to where the brightest transcendental is located,” Zack ordered and noticing the fearful minion, he pointed. “I will take care of the ruler of this realm.”

The reason he brought this minion was to control her body in case he needed to, as he didn’t know what awaited him and if the ruler of this realm tried to expel him, it would prove more complicated to be expelled if he controlled a physical body instead of this temporary form.

It was also better to split the task and while he took care of the ruler, the minion could release the brighter transcendental.

“Wherefore...” As the enhanced minion was about to speak, Zack pointed to the wall and a door was suddenly created.

The woman swallowed and, after looking at him, she stepped forward as he followed, finally entering the center of the divine realm.

Crossing through the door, they both came to a hallway that was old and as dirty as it was dark and as they moved forward, they noticed grates on either side of the hallway and inside those grates were several supers.

Each of them had in common that they were sleeping peacefully and Zack, observing them, noticed that they were in a deep sleep, where they were building what they wished.

The term ‘building’ was broad, as in some cases some of them were dreaming of building themselves, the features and features they had and others were building their lives.

The jobs they wanted, the wife they wanted and the house they longed for and in those dreams they became what they always dreamed of, but to achieve it they had to work and build it, designating the events that shaped their lives and the most interesting thing was that each part of their lives made up floors of a building.

Since they were born on the second floor until they died on the last floor... Zack, as he continued walking, could perceive what kind of being he was facing.

There were multiple divine beings, some controlled ‘concepts’, such as life, love or battle, others controlled ‘emotions’ or ruled as egos of planets. They even controlled universal rules.

As he continued walking, Zack came across a spiral staircase, one part leading upwards that gave the impression of being more carefully maintained and the other leading downwards.

Zack sent a mental wave for both sides, but to his bad luck, it was lost among the thousands of corridors of this complex structure.

However, he could sense two presences that could not be hidden and one came from below, shining so radiantly that it was impossible to ignore and then the other from above, which gave shape to this prison.

“Down at the bottom, you will find the person I seek. Once you find her, I will connect with you,” Zack said calmly as he looked at the ladder to the top and, realizing that the upgraded minion was hesitating, he added. “In case of a battle, you can use my power.”

The minion’s eyes glowed purple and the power Zack bestowed on her gave her confidence enough to nod.

“I will comply with your command, master!” the minion replied and without hesitation descended the staircase.

Zack watched her walk away and nodded at ease.

In case the ruler had something prepared, he would use the enhanced minion to attack and protect himself.

While the minion was not like the babysitter or the girl who were talented at being able to use mental strength, this minion with her third eye could unleash an attack powerful enough to destabilize this realm and thereby open a rift to take the mental strength of those he controlled.

Of course, that was the last option, and Zack felt it would not be necessary.

After all, they invaded this divine realm, but the ruler did not attack them or treat them as invaders, but rather opened the doors for them to meet and Zack, who climbed up the ladder, smiled.

He also wanted to meet the ruler of this divine realm, whose prison layout was so basic.

******

Alix ran following the advancing golden line and even though her speed was high, she could not catch up to the golden flash and, realizing that she would achieve nothing, she stopped and stepped on the ground.

Right now, she was in the harbor and her footstep broke the ground, creating hundreds of cracks that spread everywhere.

The golden flash had to stop suddenly and at that moment Alix grabbed a container and threw it towards the talking woman.

“Oh, that was close.”

The woman dodged it and smiled brightly, leading to Alix approaching a truck and taking it between her hand, she threw it at the golden figure.

The cargo truck crashed into the warehouses, but the golden figure dodged it to the side, quickly disappearing.

Alix grunted in annoyance and when the dust cloud disappeared, she noticed that in the center of the city a black figure and a figure that shone like a sun were hitting a building.

The building that was the center of the heroes was split in half and the fire from the City Sun burned the foundation, but the black figure came out the other side and threw a punch that created a hole in another building over three hundred meters away.

The black code battle was destroying the city and she averting her eyes to the sea saw two figures flying as they fought.

Donovan, living up to his title of Nightmare, raised a cloud of black smoke from which grotesque monsters emerged that made up humanity’s most terrifying nightmares and in response the Dark Sorceress Pamela released hundreds of green lightning bolts that transformed those nightmares into rabbits, toads and rats, only to wave her hand and explode them releasing a cloud of acid.

A book revolved around Pamela and from that magic book came out all kinds of spells, while Donovan confronted her from time to time, attacking mentally and other times using telekinesis.

The battle of Zaid the Silent and Sanya the Smiling could nowhere be seen, and it was likely that they were lost amidst the destruction of the two Black Codes.

“I don’t understand why we fought. If you guys would just let the young master take your friend, things would be easy,” said the Golden Girl, appearing near her and looking at her with some seriousness, she pointed out. “If we were to sit down and talk, you would probably realize that he is the entity best suited to control the underworld. Under Donovan’s leadership, we’ve limited serious crimes like murder and reduced unchecked crime.”

What was she talking about?

“He will be the cause of the end of the world,” Alix replied as she thought about how to defeat the speedster.

The Golden Girl, as she had been called, didn’t attack her directly, but in case she wanted to go to support her teammates, the woman annoyed her by attacking and while Alix was strong, a blow delivered at full speed was no joke.

As if that wasn’t enough, the woman would occasionally flash her eyes, getting a speed boost that helped her dodge any attack.

Alix, to win she had to find her enemy’s weaknesses and if she was honest, she was having a hard time.

“The young master?” Golden Girl asked and raising her eyebrow quizzically, she commented. “Impossible. He may be arrogant, narcissistic and extremely racist towards monkeys, but he won’t destroy the world. He may treat everyone with indifference by calling them inferior beings, however, he will not destroy the world. After all, he sees potential in humans and will not destroy that potential. In his words, ‘he does not kill children’.”

Alix who heard the woman speaking quickly and even though the woman’s face was distorted by the mask, she could see the golden eyes in the mask and felt that she trusted what she was saying and was being honest.

Was she trying to manipulate or deceive her? The woman in front of her, she didn’t seem like a cruel, cold-blooded supervillain, but someone who was doing it all for fun.

“We don’t want to kill anyone. So how about we make peace...”

*BOOOM*

A blast wave came from the center of the city as the black figure slammed his fists into the City Sun and the shockwave collapsed buildings and exploded cars as the wave reached this area, subtly sweeping the area.

Alix, who covered her arms, saw her master rise again, melting the earth and shining like a blazing sun, and turned her gaze back to the Golden Girl.

“If you don’t want to destroy the world, then you better surrender.” Alix ordered and swooped down on her enemy again.

******

Donovan hid in the mist and, using his mental strength, brought nightmares to life to hurl at the Dark Sorceress.

This time he was not prepared in a battle like the last time the Great Monkey’s people tried to assassinate him and the monsters he created had neither the strength nor the surprise effect complicating the battle.

Above all, the Dark Sorceress was not an opponent she could defeat with the nightmares that were weak monsters.

The woman with her tight dress and her book revolving around her, dodged the attacks of the monstrous nightmares and attacked by performing movement with her hands.

Donovan had to use the nightmares when green death rays threatened to burn him and he saw the nightmare melt as it received the attack.

If he received one of those attacks, he would suffer... Such an idea led him to extend his nightmare domain, but since he had not yet improved it, the nightmares that arose could not engulf the sorceress.

No matter how many little monsters he pulled out, the woman stopped him.

That the woman was a sorceress who wielded ‘magic’ didn’t help because the magic clashed with the mental strength he exerted.

Fleeing to the shore of the city to start using the debris that the battle of Jonathan and the City Sun, Donovan suddenly stopped because of the sorceress.

The woman moved her hand, and the book was placed in front of her and opened, letting out a sheet that floated in the air and from which a black hole was formed that began to swallow the air and whose force of attraction also trapped him.

The debris that he had wanted to throw floated being attracted by the black hole and it was the same with cars, trucks, and the hole practically tore the same earth to swallow him.

“...”

Donovan frowned as his flight stopped as he was drawn into the black hole and, seeing the smile on the sorceress’s face, he launched a mental attack.

Mental snakes slithered through the nightmares and out of the rubble, sinking their fangs into the woman’s mind in a stealthy yet fierce attack.

Unlike his master, who was an expert at these attacks, Donovan was still learning and was a ‘child’ who could barely conceal his attack.

“GA...”

The Dark Sorceress screamed in pain as she was attacked by surprise and because the snakes did not have enough strength, the attack could not pierce the mental defense. Although it was enough to destabilize the black hole and Donovan took that opportunity to throw the falling debris at her.

Cars, part of destroyed buildings and portions of the ground were hurled swiftly, leading to them hitting the Dark Sorceress in the blink of an eye.

“Haha...”

At least Donovan had thought so, for in the next instant the figure of the Dark Sorceress disappeared and laughter sounded from elsewhere as the woman glared at her.

“This will soon be over,” Pamela said, pointing to what was happening in the center of the city.

The City Sun had grabbed Jonathan by the throat and the heat emanating from it disintegrated the ground and burned the skin, but it still failed to defeat him.

Before Jonathan could escape, the City Sun knocked him to the ground, and he flew high into the sky at the edge of the barrier and then plummeted down, wanting to crush the creature with his foot.

The explosion was thunderous and the dust cloud rose as a giant crater formed from the impact.

Was it the impact, or was the body of the City Sun burning extremely hot? When the dust cloud disappeared, the City Sun came into view and his foot was piercing Jonathan’s stomach.

“This is already over. You might as well give up,” Pamela ordered as the book flying around them stopped.

Donovan looked at the woman, who was full of confidence, and then turned his gaze to Jonathan and the City Sun, who had turned away.

Blood littered the City Sun’s burning boot, and blood and entrails spread across the floor.

However, Donovan was not concerned.

If Jonathan was the person he had recognized the first time, then....

“No. This is just beginning,” Donovan muttered.

“HAAAAAAAA!”

Jonathan roared deafeningly and a shockwave spread throughout the area and to the City Sun’s surprise, the burning stomach regenerated and the creature his companion had been transformed into changed again.

Growing to over ten feet, the muscles tightened, the skin hardened and became covered in scales, while the gray color turned reddish as it assimilated the heat of the sun.

The presence was fearsome and Donovan felt a shiver and instinctive fear as he sensed the presence filled with savagery and madness.

The monster that Jonathan transformed into revealed an intense bloodlust and his mouth grew to reveal hundreds of fangs, while his claws became even sharper and the most terrifying thing was that even though earlier his stomach was practically destroyed, right now the gray skin showed no wounds and he revealed no trace of fatigue.

Jonathan, known as the Formless, was a former supervillain who disappeared after being defeated by the Last Defender and the Investigator... He was such a powerful monster that he adapted to any enemy and improved by getting stronger and stronger.

A creature that did not know the word defeat.

“GRAAA!”

The monstrosity roared, releasing a sonic wave, and then stomped on the ground to propel itself towards the City Sun.

The single thrust created a hundred meter crater and then, to fight City Sun again, both of them demolished a building and collided with the barrier at the other corner of the city.

Donovan focused on Sorceress Pamela, who was giving a serious expression.

The Master did not order them to kill anyone, but gave Jonathan authority to do as he wished and that man did not wish to get blood on himself or that, because of him, the master would become a murderer.

Basically, he was taking care of the young master in part by protecting his identity and not attracting attention and hatred, but at the same time preventing him from becoming a supervillain feared by all and, for that reason, Jonathan asked not to kill anyone.

Donovan accepted it, so instead of fighting to the death, he went back to letting the fog rise again and the nightmares return.

While he bided his time until his master came out, all he hoped was that Jonathan wouldn’t lose control and keep his sanity.

After all, it would be a shame if the one who asked not to kill ended up killing everyone.

2