Chapter 45: End
32 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 45: End

Monique blinked as she felt a mental wave scanning her mind and she stopped when she was at the end of the hallway.

"Is something wrong, master?" She asked feeling her master's presence in her mind.

"Yes, but don't worry. Go on with your work. I'll be watching you."

Her master's voice rang in her ear and she relaxed leaving the feeling of incongruity aside. During the walk she had sensed that something was wrong or something was happening, but she had failed to grasp what it was.

Now, as her master told her to continue with her work, she approached the large entrance at the end of the hallway and instead of destroying it, she pushed it.

She didn't use too much force, but the gears rattled and the entrance opened, revealing a spacious room inside.

The metal walls were engraved with different shapes, letters and ancient glyphs that seemed to emanate some mystical energy and all that energy surrounded the cube in the center.

The cube was floating in the center and sometimes it would shudder as if that entity that was enclosed wanted to get out.

The surrounding energy was what kept the cube protected, but when she thought about how to approach it, the walls stopped glowing and then the wall smoothed out and the engravings disappeared.

Was it her master? Monique had the doubt, but when she didn't feel the energy she knew it wasn't her master, but the owner of this place who deactivated the security.

She raised her guard, but sensing her master's presence she advanced towards the center of the room and took the cube in her hands.

As soon as her fingers touched the cube, the surroundings changed and she found herself in a white space and Monique received the gaze of a celestial figure.

"The prison is a bit complicated. I'll take a while to get rid of it, but don't worry, you're free now."

Monique heard her voice, but she knew that the one speaking using her was her master and the light blue figure upon hearing those words nodded.

"I understand. I will wait calmly."

The celestial figure's voice sounded pleasant and the next instant after blinking, Monique returned to the room with the bucket in her hands.

"Wait for me a moment and we'll go out."

Her master's command sounded in her ear again and Monique blinked looking at the cube in her hands that contained a being that was probably on par with her master.

******

Scanning the tower again, Zack found nothing and opened his eyes meeting the gaze of the Architect who was more relaxed.

"The Cube was created by me using the energy of the origin. An energy that comes from Space. I am unable to destroy it, but it can be opened so she can get out." The Architect said as her cube-shaped eyes rolled and looking at him, she asked. "You found nothing else, no one else?"

The woman's tense voice rattled the mind as well as the tower and Zack had to take it upon himself to give her the finishing touches to steady the Architect's mind.

She was asking about her servants and that vibe they felt earlier, but he denied as he continued to work.

Unlike his nonchalance and calmness, the Architect was serious and his silence made her tense.

"We should go out... Your friend didn't come alone." The Architect said and frowning awkwardly, she muttered. "She came with someone that day. A stranger. They were both imprisoned, but... She was the only one who was totally locked up. When Jara called me she was hurt. Her mind a mess... Just like mine."

The Architect's voice was distorted at times and she frowned seeking to remember, forcing herself to rearrange her memories. She also sounded tense and worried, not for her survival, but for whatever was going on outside.

Was the entity that left the Architect in this state the same one that fought against the brighter transcendental?

Zack ignored the question and frowned.

"You delay my hard work." He muttered grumpily and seeing Elurien looking at him tensely, he sighed. "Let me stabilize you. Then we'll go out, though you'll have to come with me. At least if you want to recover."

He was not interested in the entity with whom the brightest transcendental had fought and did not care about the beings of this world. His interest in helping the Architect was partly to facilitate her goal of freeing the brightest transcendental and partly because he enjoyed looking into the minds of divine beings.

He liked completing puzzles... However, if she did not wish him to enjoy himself, he would put it aside.

Elurien looked at him closely and the cube-shaped eyes stopped and became one and the woman took a deep breath and nodded softly, allowing him to get on with the work.

That she was straining to remember caused her work to recede, but Zack instead of helping her, simply steadied the mind enough that she could use her power without freaking out.

Divine beings were complex and their concepts represented their existences... And no one would like to have those concepts distorted.

After all, no one would like to become a Fallen God gone mad.

"Ready."

As he finished the last polish to stabilize the mind, all the space around shook and Zack found himself floating outside a tower that slowly decreased in size.

From a hundred meters it went to ten meters and then became a small five centimeter miniature tower that floated towards Elurien.

That woman waved her hand and from inside a bright light came out and formed the upgraded minion carrying the cube.

Zack looked at the cube and then at the woman who was looking at a crack in this Divine Realm.

It was a fresh hole to the outside and that hole was not created by him going in nor by her... Something had come out and made it so quiet that neither he or the ruler noticed.

"There's a battle going on outside, we have to..." Elurien spoke with a worried expression and before she finished her sentence, she grabbed her head.

"Can't you keep calm? You're not healed yet." Zack said with a scolding tone and as he received the woman's worried look, he sighed again. "Just calm down."

Why was she worried about the outside? The woman seemed to be worried about this world and that stranger who had harmed her without her realizing it.

Zack preferred her to be angry rather than worried about the one who freed himself, in the end it didn't matter too much.

It was he who opened a rift in this space and as the Divine Realm contracted behind him in the miniature tower, he emerged with the enhanced minion at his side.

At his back Elurien's form became translucent until she vanished, leaving the tower that had been at her back and it was the upgraded minion that took the small tower where the prisoners were.

The Architect could not maintain her physical incarnation because of the cost of entering the mortal plane from her Divine Realm, but she kept the form with which she was represented. The tower at her back.

"..."

Even though he was focused on her and that woman's mind, both Elurien and the enhanced minion were surprised by what happened outside.

What awaited them was not that spatial field the authorities had created, but black smoke from the boy and gray mist from a sorcerer... The Donovan boy and the female sorceress whose name he did not know were creating a barrier as they paled.

The reason was what was hidden inside the barrier. The Sun was burning stronger wanting to burn everything in its path and the barrier was only resisting because the boy was using his power.

"Young master!" a golden flash moved towards where they had stepped out and the golden girl with a worried look pointed at the combined barrier. "Do something. The City Sun went crazy and it looks like it wants to wipe out the city."

The Golden Girl was worried and Zack ignoring the look from the other young woman next to him and the sorceress released a mental wave and first noticed the babysitter resisting the darkness of his mind and then the Sun burning his mental power before he was hit.

"Curious." Zack muttered revealing a smile.

Before his mind power was burned away completely, he sensed some mental instability not as the Architect, but as the enhanced minion. A finer and more refined mind control than the one that was used on the Architect.

Was the one who escaped and made the Architect believe she had minions also after the Sun?

"We must stop it! The nova will destroy all..."

The city... Such a word Elurien wanted to say, but the explosion happened and Zack in slow motion saw the fire destroying the barrier of the boy and the sorceress.

The fire disintegrated earth, air and space itself and flowed everywhere. It was the babysitter who ran forward, wanting to use his body to stop the fire from a blazing sun.

Zack snapped his fingers and both the babysitter and the fire stopped completely.

"Did you stop time?" Elurien asked and as she looked around she noticed that next to her the half-breed with purple eyes had appeared.

Zack instead of answering, he took advantage of the time it gave him to use the card called 'half-breed'... Stopping time affected most, but not all.

The fire burned the time and expanded while that being that threw the fire looked at him detecting him.

Everything moved in slow motion, as Zack had maximized his senses to take advantage of every second, but he was impressed by the sun and the babysitter.

The babysitter, which had changed its appearance to something similar to a five-meter humanoid lizard, was adapting to the stopped time and its scales were becoming translucent, allowing it to move faster and faster.

That the Architect moved while time stood still was not strange, as she was known as the Builder of Reality, but it was a different matter for mortals like the Sun and the babysitter.

"That's enough."

Zack spoke and his voice undid the fire turning it into air and he pulled the babysitter away from the Sun and the next second time went on again.

"You can't leave, Transcendental, I won't let you destroy the world!" The Sun roared as it looked at him.

"That's enough, this battle has gone on too long!" Elurien exclaimed and rising in her tower form, she announced. "No one will destroy the world!"

Zack who heard the mutterings of 'Goddess of Dawn' floated towards the babysitter and when he crossed glances with him, that man controlled his darkness and returned to his gray human form.

He was still in disguise, but the way he had controlled himself showed that the babysitter didn't need his help.

"Good job." Complimented Zack calmly.

It was an honest compliment and the babysitter smiled softly before bowing calmly. He knew he wasn't congratulating him for stopping the sun or the authorities outside, but for controlling the darkness.

"Have you completed your task, young master?" The babysitter asked.

"He will destroy this world. The future has been seen. He cannot free the brightest transcendental. My master died because of him and we must seek revenge!"

Before he could respond, the Sun shouted again and Zack looking back noticed how they all looked at each other feeling the strangeness.

The Sun was talking about him destroying the world and then about the brightest transcendental to end up talking about revenge... The mix of ideas was proof that the man was not in his right mind.

And as if to show that he wasn't in his right mind, he started to burn again, wanting to release another wave of fire to burn the surroundings. Not only was it fire, but radiation and such power would burn the city and its outskirts could even end up damaging the atmosphere and cause the planet to face real catastrophes.

A real sun on earth!

"..."

Zack raised his hand and a crack opened up in space revealing the Astral Plane and then from there, a giant hand emerged and he caught the sun like a giant catching a firefly.

The white-colored hand practically completely enclosed the City Sun and Zack moved it up and down, willing the sun to go out. Unfortunately, it didn't go out and continued to burn inside his hand.

"Master!"

A young woman screamed and turned towards him wanting to attack him, but it was Golden Girl who moved quickly to step between the two and give him a look at the sun apprentice and then at him.

"Young master... I don't think it's necessary to eliminate him." Golden Girl said and swallowing as she met his eyes, she gave him a smile. "You needn't bother with someone so small compared to you."

The Golden Girl didn't want to see blood and was trying to convince him by appealing to his magnificence... It half worked even though he felt she was talking to him like a child.

However, he noticed the Golden Girl also looking at the Donovan boy as if asking him to intervene.

"I'm just trying to turn it off." Zack said to calm the mood and to his regret, it didn't work.

Maybe part of it was because the giant white hand kept moving up and down rapidly, but he wasn't lying.

He was moving the hand wanting the Sun to go out, but it was difficult and the fire kept burning no matter if he tried to freeze it or smother it.

Even if he tried to control it mentally his power was burned out before he could control it or try to stabilize it.

The Sun was raging and it wasn't going to go out.

"That's enough." This time it was the Architect who spoke and floating over to him, she demanded. "Let's get this over with. I'll see to clearing your friend's name and make them apologize to her for the years of confinement."

Only someone who was close to his height saw more than the inferior beings who feared him... Zack met the floating tower and felt Elurien's gaze on him.

"You falsely accused her and locked her up without questioning the situation. It was your world that did it, Architect. It was that Sun. The brightest Transcendental was not only locked up because of him, but on the inside they used her by extracting her essence to create children." Zack said and diverting his gaze from the tower to his hand, he asked. "Do you think an apology is enough? Do you think that's why I should forgive him?"

It was the Sun who accused the brightest transcendental of murdering a dragoness, when the situation was different. The accusation led to the brightest transcendental being locked up and then inside, they used their power to create children.

The answer did not come from them, but from the cube and Zack saw a crack and from inside light blue threads came out and gently surrounded him.

"Do you have anger issues?" the brighter transcendental asked. "It's all right."

Anger issues? Zack frowned in offense as he listened to her.

He wasn't going to deny that her personality was explosive and more so when he first came into this world, but now he didn't think he was wrong.

He forgave the Architect for not being up to the task and not taking care of her prisoner and that because of her the brightest transcendental was used and her essence was sold... Zack still remembered Hugo mentioning to him that the genetic enhancements came from the Tower and he had seen that it was created by the energy of the transcendental.

He could forgive the Architect, since it was obvious that it wasn't her who did it, but the entity that had manipulated her, but he couldn't overlook the Sun.

Wasn't it the Sun who blamed the transcendental? If they had listened to the transcendental they would have learned that it was that dragon who attacked first, if not someone was also manipulating or controlling that dragon.

The stranger was guilty there was no doubt, but now he had the Sun in the palm of his hand and could crush it.

Zack looked at the cube she was locked in and let out a snort.

"You're too sympathetic to inferior beings." Zack said in a dismissive tone.

"Aren't you similar? Despite hearing you complain you haven't killed your jailers." The brighter transcendental replied.

It was with an amused tone and a subtle, light laugh that showed she was happy to be so close to her freedom.

Zack didn't refute her and simply let out a snort as he waved his hand in the distance and the giant hand in the sky coming out of the Astral Plane did the same and the fiery Sun flew out of the atmosphere into space and disappeared like a meteorite in the direction of the sun.

"It has not died. Perhaps if it explodes several times it will calm down. It's a Sun that calms down in this planet's sun." Zack said and looking at the upgraded minions and then at the babysitter, he ordered. "Let's go."

As he finished speaking he released control of those he had controlled and the messages reached the sorceress, who did not want to face him.

"Then we will meet." Said the Architect sending the small tower flying towards him.

The small tower turned into an amulet and fastened to his neck and Zack met Elurien's gaze and nodded to him.

The Architect was giving him her tower... Her Divine Kingdom and the prisoners in a proof that she trusted him and that tower would allow them to meet again.

Elurien looked like she wanted to settle everything with the authorities before they caused any more trouble and for Zack it was good.

Aside from the fun of playing with a head breaker it was nice that the local authorities were no longer bothering him.

After all, he wanted to prepare everything for his freedom and didn't want any hassle.

1