Chapter 48: I’m Sorry
44 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 48: I’m Sorry

The brightest transcendental... No, Hope moved her eyes and reality twisted and the astral plane manifested to her surroundings.

The mental energy seeped out completely, coloring the surroundings purple and she cut off the portion of reality and leaving the others outside, she went deep into the Astral Plane of this universe.

Unlike the Astral Plane of that planet, the outside of the universe was wider and not as clean as Zack’s planet. In areas, one could see nightmares from the most twisted minds of the universe, memories of entire civilizations that had left their marks and also the presence of beings whose power stood out even in the distance.

At least to her it was all clear, but to her eyes she did not focus on this vast universe, but rather on the figure flying in front of her.

It was Zack’s real body. A boy’s body with gray hair, purple eyes and dimples in his cheeks. The head was big, but since his body was growing rapidly at this point, it wasn’t as striking.

However, she looked beyond the physical body and her eyes penetrated mortal flesh and went to the essence. Where mortal souls should be, in Zack’s body was he encased.

There, in the center of it all, attached to the fleshly body, was a glowing, shining purple sphere so extreme that even when she looked directly she had to subtly look away because of the glow.

How much power did that body contain? No, the more important question was... How powerful was Zack and how could someone seal him so easily?

Hope braced herself for what was to come and first reached out sealing a vast space around her and then with her other hand she created a rift and delved to the other side.

Each planet had its astral plane, which was sometimes sealed and sometimes joined to the Astral Plane of the universe, but beyond this universe was a higher realm... The Astral Realm, where the transcendentals met and where the astral planes of the infinite realities and universes were connected.

If in the Astral Planes of the universes could be found the history, memory and recollection of civilizations, in the Astral Realm were found the traces of entire universes with their thousands if not millions of civilizations and by opening a crack pure mental energy came from the other side.

Some called it psychic energy, other psionic energy, or mental energy. Regardless of the name of the energy, it allowed those capable of using it to manipulate reality and even control it and now it allowed her to use it for her purpose.

The rift she created was small, as she wished to see if the Astral Realm was in disarray as when she arrived, but realizing the other side was quiet, she widened the rift and extended threads that connected Zack’s body.

A thousand deep purple threads that stood out above the purple color surrounding her and she, with her light blue figure, stood out with ease.

The threads entered Zack’s body and disappeared completely, but she could see how the threads connected to the glowing sphere that represented the strongest transcendental.

She tied the threads to the sphere and left it in such a way that it could be pulled out, but she did not want to cause damage to the body. Zack didn’t like his parents... No, it would be better to say that he probably didn’t accept the idea of ‘parents’, or at least as mortals understood such concepts.

However, she didn’t want to harm the body and wanted to allow him the ability to come back whenever he wanted and interact healthily with his parents.

So she simply tied the threads to the sphere and, upon completion of her work, began to carefully extract it.

The difficulty showed itself from the beginning. If the sphere that represented Zack was a huge sphere of energy, the entrance that was the body was a small slit and to get out without causing damage to the slit, she had to mold the sphere.

Push it to change its shape and she did it.

Her eyes glowed sky-blue, and she blinked, releasing a pulse that spread out into the distance before stopping and retreating back. She had ripped away reality, this secluded area, and it was because of this that her powers were not limited by the rules of the universe nor did she affect the universe.

She worked continuously and endlessly to mold the sphere to come out of that small slit and then smiled as she saw dense purple energy pouring out of the mouth of Zack’s small body.

Natural transcendentals were born when the psychic energy of the Astral Realm manifested and consolidated, giving life to them and, in a way, they were condensed psychic energy.

Zack was that dense, solid purple energy that was coming out as purple smoke and she drew it out, keeping the condensed energy from dispersing.

If they were the condensed psychic energy, it was obvious what would happen if it dispersed, so she was meticulous in drawing the energy out.

“Hold on a bit. We’re doing fine,” she mumbled, knowing that deep inside he was listening to her.

What would he say to her when she released him? Would he thank her? And what would they do next? Would he leave this world? Where would he go back to?

Such questions brought a smile to her face and at the same time a thread was cut and the energy that shaped Zack spread out and entered the rift, disappearing on the other side.

She immediately fixed her mistake, realizing that her mind had become disoriented from thinking about the possibilities she was attracted to.

“I won’t make the same...”

Mistake... She could not finish her words as the rift that opened into the Astral Realm suddenly stretched out, extending so wide that she saw the realm in its greatest splendor.

The purple color was intense, but what stood out most was not only the purple color stretching out limitlessly, but the massive pillars that supported the Astral Realm.

From her position she saw the red, the black and the green pillar that were arranged in a semicircle, but among all the pillars one was missing. Such pillars represented transcendentals of whom she had heard and who always gave the impression of holding up the Astral Realm. Beings who gave order to a realm where the mind was everything.

However, those pillars and other pillars that she could not see from her position were in a circle and the center was missing. It was impossible not to know about that pillar, for while other pillars could be seen depending on position, the white pillar was always visible.

The white pillar was a constant that held the center of the astral realm and, in a way, was the beacon that served as a guide to move through the Astral Realm where space had no meaning.

“...”

She saw the thread that had been cut fly off into the distance and noticed the purple-colored thread turn white and she noticed it immediately. While she took on a light blue form, he took on a white form and while the color was no reason to realize the truth; the title was.

The central pillar had the greatest burden and responsibilities in giving order to an entire realm, and it made sense that it belonged to the strongest of them all.

“What!” she exclaimed in surprise as the threads that were connected to the sphere connected to the Astral Realm, turning completely white.

The purple energy that she had extracted earlier, and that she was guarding, also turned white and broke through her restraints, entering the Astral Realm and dissolving into dust to spread limitlessly.

She reacted immediately and first tried to contain all the threads so that they would not disappear... They were the essence of the strongest Transcendental and as it spread out, it did not solidify, but dispersed and if it all disappeared, then there was a possibility that he would cease to exist.

The threads were cut one by one, but in a moment Zack’s body glowed and the white color of the threads spread stronger as the sphere wanted to escape.

“No, wait... Wait... If you get out... You may die. You will dissipate. Your being will disappear and cease to exist!” she screamed in alarm as she realized what he was doing, but as she saw more and more come out, she realized.

Zack, the strongest transcendental of all, knew this. He understood that escape came with the possibility that he would die when his being dissipated throughout the Astral Realm.

Would the strongest transcendental of all be able to keep his mind after dissipating? The possibility was low as one watched a pillar take shape in the distance.

The pillar was taking Zack’s strength to solidify and thus keep the Astral Realm in a certain order, but at the same time, it did not give him time for the strongest transcendental of all to have a chance to solidify and reform his being.

So the escape he sought was one where death was a possibility.

The brightest transcendental... Hope stiffened, and she opened her mouth, wanting to tell him not to take that risk, but she knew him and understood he was stubborn.

He was going to die and perhaps he had been thinking about this path for a long time. However, he did not choose to destroy his physical body and escape by force.

Was it out of fear? Or was it perhaps because he did not wish to hurt the babysitter with his death? Or was it because he felt that the possibilities were wider by releasing himself into the Astral Realm?

She, seeing the white energy that was the strongest transcendental, could not stand it and opened her hand.

Reality twisted and an intangible force closed the crack and the white force tried to fight back, but she, unlike him, was not restrained and gained the upper hand.

“I’m sorry... I’m so sorry,” she muttered as the rift closed completely.

The threads that were once connected were severed and the white energy was swallowed into the boy’s small body.

He would have joined her in her revenge if she had wanted him to, but seeing what he was doing, she could not accept it and did not do it for his well being, but for her.

She didn’t want him to die... She didn’t want her savior to die.

******

“I’m sorry.”

The voice in the distance grew closer and closer and Zack felt again the pathetic body restraining him.

The smells, the feel of the clothes on his skin, the hunger and then as he opened his eyes, the sight.

His mind ached, his body was tired, but the worst thing was not his body, but that which was boiling inside him and threatening to come out.

An overflowing and maddening anger that pushed him to destroy everything in his path, wanted to get out and looked at the person who caused it.

The brightest transcendental was in her form of a girl with her head down, not daring to look at him.

“I’m sorry.”

And she apologized again in a low voice. It was a word of apology, but her voice held no sense of sincerity and she did not regret her decision... She did not regret stopping him.

Such an act enraged him even more maddeningly, and he raised his hand, wanting to unleash his madness on this world, even if it would destroy his body and himself, but she raised her head.

“...”

Zack saw her light blue eyes and, realizing the glint, he stopped.

It was he who knew that escape would not be easy. His true self that was deep inside this body upon leaving would disappear completely and he would probably cease to exist.

Zack understood such a possibility and, for that reason, did not ask her to release him even with that risk in consideration, and he wanted to do it on his own. If he failed, he had not wanted to put a burden on her and more so after all she had been through.

However, she wouldn’t let him do what he wanted and stopped him when she could have turned away and just looked.

“Was my name random?” the brighter transcendental asked and in a low voice, she repeated. “Was my name randomly placed?”

“No.” He replied calmly.

“Then let me look for a way. One that doesn’t end with you ceasing to exist,” Hope asked and looking at him, she pleaded. “Please trust me. Let me save you.”

Her plea carried a force that shook the surroundings. The voice of someone who was determined to accomplish her task, but to him, it sounded tender.

She was a young woman who had counted the years since her birth and with youth came inexperience and yet naivety. Her desire for salvation was tenderly naïve.

Was there another way?

His being was not in the best state and his body was a restraint that sealed him in keeping his being trapped and bound. Whether he destroyed the body or escaped in a slow and less destructive way, his being would dissipate and his remains would be claimed by the Astral Realm. They were psychic energy and upon death they would dissipate and return to being that same energy.

As if that wasn’t enough, his responsibility was the care of the Astral Realm and he was a pillar that kept order, but as he had been gone for a while, his remains would naturally gather to strengthen the pillar and if it was difficult to regain consciousness before, at this point the chances were slim and some would say non-existent.

And yet...

“Do you think I won’t keep my consciousness?” Zack questioned aloud.

His voice generated no force in this infant body, but his eyes glowed purple and the brightest transcendental swallowed hard.

“I am the strongest transcendental of all!” He announced loudly.

Confidence. Even if the odds were against him, he was confident in maintaining his consciousness after his being spread throughout the Astral Realm. It could take him hours, days, weeks or years, but... Time didn’t affect transcendentals, and he never counted the years before and even though he counted the days now, he didn’t want to anymore.

Hope had no faith in him, but Zack had confidence in himself more than anyone else could have.

“Let me find a way... Give me time. Please,” she asked as she realized his thoughts and, swallowing as she saw his face, didn’t change, she murmured. “You called me Hope because you trust me, right? I ask you to keep trusting. Give me a chance to find a way to save you. A way that has no risks.”

Innocent and naïve, but at the same time full of hope... Zack looked at her and his anger was suppressed deep inside and set aside.

He liked her. She was so bright and so shiny, never giving up hope and standing her ground against all odds. She did it when she was locked up and she was doing it right now.

“I am the Brightest Transcendental!” She announced nonchalantly.

She was the brightest not only in personality, but in this case she implied that she was intelligent and, as such, would find a way to free him. For the first time in his eyes, she was showing confidence in herself.

“It’s okay,” Zack replied quietly.

She smiled brightly, and the surroundings distorted again, only to appear in the room where the babysitter and the boy, along with the others, waited.

“I’ll give you your time,” Zack said as he hovered and, seeing her nod, he signaled the babysitter to leave.

He flew through the air and the babysitter followed him, doubtful and curious as to what had happened, but Zack didn’t say too much until they were completely out and he got into the car.

As he sat in his seat, exhaustion overwhelmed him and as the anger had faded, all that remained was exhaustion.

“Are you all right, young master?” The babysitter asked worriedly.

The question roused him from his slumber and Zack lifted his head to look at the babysitter in the rearview mirror.

Zack couldn’t force the brightest transcendental to forcibly release him, and he couldn’t criticize her either, not when she was so young and so bright. He could not extinguish that brightness, nor could he force her to carry the possibility that he would cease to exist and tarnish that brilliance.

Still, his lack of determination left him in this situation.

“Have you ever thought about ceasing to exist, babysitter?” Zack asked quietly.

“Young master you...”

The car stopped immediately, and the babysitter turned around, looking at him with a worried and alarmed expression, and although Zack was exhausted and humorless, he simply sighed.

“You don’t have to worry, babysitter. Just keep driving,” He ordered and, sighing, he muttered. “I won’t die and I won’t cease to exist either.”

The babysitter could feel his firmness in his voice. The confidence and determination that came from deep within him.

He did not want to die, and neither did he want to cease to exist, however small the possibility, for such a reason he did not go mad and murder his jailers by destroying his body. He was not going to cease to exist, but if his goal was freedom, then he would have to take that path.

After all, even though he had existed for a long period of time, he did not know how to escape without having to risk his all.

Would Hope, the most brilliant transcendental, find a way? Even if she didn’t, he would not force her to bear his death.

He wasn’t going to force a young woman to bear hardships that were beyond her... Even if those hardships would give him the freedom he so craved.

1