Chapter 51: Probably
31 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 51: Probably

Six hundred and seventy days had passed since Zack had arrived in this world and while for a time he had found a goal to guide him, at this point, he had nothing to do.

He had already freed the brightest transcendental and taken care of the Great Monkey as well, and his plan to be free had failed.

If it were up to him, he would have spent all his time in the dream world, but since it would be boring, he found a new goal.

“I hope it’s interesting,” He muttered, thinking about the invitation from the Supervillain Circle.

The babysitter was taking care of talking to the jailers so he could move without arousing suspicion and he was ready for the trip, but there was still one thing missing before he traveled.

Zack flew down the hallway of his organization’s headquarters, heading for one room in particular.

Since the old merchant had arrived, that man had literally taken the organization to another level and had recruited many people, leading to them managing dozens of businesses that the organization was in charge of.

The boy Donovan was someone more focused on small business and military strength than large-scale business, so the arrival of the old merchant revolutionized the organization.

Since Hugo had arrived, Zack had seen the numbers that the babysitter sometimes showed him continue to explode. Unfortunately, there was no need for money at the moment.

Zack, as he flew through the air, arrived at his destination and knocked on the door and after a second, the entrance was opened.

The room from the outside was not that big, but as he entered the space stretched almost limitlessly and inside came into view, the Architect who was still not leaving and Hope in her light blue girl form.

Both were around a table and Zack, as he approached, raised his eyebrow at the sight of the blanket covered human figure lying on the table.

“Not that I’m against experimenting on inferior beings, but...” Zack paused and looked at the body closely. “Oh. I see.”

The body on the table was that of a woman. She was slightly tall, about one meter ninety, and had light blue hair and white skin. Her body was covered by a blanket, which kept the nudity hidden, but the body was not breathing or showing signs of life.

It was a doll and seeing the details on the face, he rolled his eyes at Hope, who gave him a smile and he noticed the similarity.

“We are seeing how to create a prison to then verify how we can free you,” Hope explained, and Zack looked at her for a second, leading to her fidgeting and muttered. “That’s true.”

Zack stared at her for a while longer and nodded calmly as he realized the brighter transcendental was nervous.

He wasn’t going to judge Hope’s interest in inferior beings, so he ignored the fact that perhaps she wanted a body for more than just finding a way to free him.

Though the idea of creating a prison to understand the details wasn’t so bad.

“I’ll also be able to become your size and keep you company,” Hope said and revealing a bright smile, she pointed out. “Then you won’t be lonely.”

She understood that loneliness could be difficult, and she wasn’t entirely wrong, but she wasn’t right either. Some transcendentals would take solitude with greater joy than others, and Zack enjoyed solitude, but he didn’t deny that the company was pleasant.

And that’s the reason he came to visit today.

“You’d better get it ready soon,” Zack said, and looking at Hope curiously, he pointed out. “You probably heard about the invitation I received. I was wondering if you wished to come with me.”

He was inviting her because it seemed excessive for her to be left working on a way to free him while he went out in search of an end to his boredom, so he invited her.

The brighter transcendental first revealed surprise, but then smiled brightly.

“Of course I’d like to come,” Hope replied and looking at the Architect, she murmured. “I think we can speed up the work and have the body soon.”

“Yes. You will have some limitations, but nothing that might bother you. Well, if the need comes you can just get out of the body,” The Architect said and looking at him, she asked. “Do you really have a desire to relate to the Circle of Supervillains?”

The Architect was still by his side even though she was now fully healed and her mind was stable and helping Hope with the work, but Zack knew she had other intentions.

“Yes. They sent a messenger and an official invitation and I will attend to meet the one who invited me,” Zack replied and looking at the Architect, asked. “Do you wish me to return the tower?”

If he was honest, he didn’t want to return the tower. The prisoners locked inside allowed him to use his power without having to worry about fatigue or some minor problem, and the truth was that it was pleasant.

However, the Architect shook her head.

“So is it a bother to you that I meet with the Circle of Supervillains? I’ve noticed that the lower beings in this world have a lot of conflicts among themselves,” Zack said calmly.

Superheroes versus Supervillains... That was how they described each other, and while it was normal for inferior beings to have conflicts among themselves, here it was noticeable that it was extreme.

He didn’t mind such minor conflicts, but he understood that he was treated as a ‘Supervillain’ and the Architect was on the side of the ‘Superheroes’.

“Yes. The conflict is recurring and I won’t deny that I worry about them influencing you negatively,” The Architect replied and as her eyes turned square, she added. “However, I trust you. You don’t seem to have any interest in this universe.”

She was correct. To Zack, this universe was indifferent, and he cared neither for the inferior beings that inhabited it nor the conflicts that happened with the factions. To him, those who opposed his will were enemies, and that was all.

“I stayed because I wished to know a little about you and Hope. To understand your goals and to understand whether or not you are a danger to this world and universe,” The Architect said earnestly.

“And are we?” Zack asked without hiding his smile.

The woman looked at him with her square shaped eyes that reformed into a single square and she nodded.

“You are. This universe hasn’t even limited you two. You can wield power beyond this world. That is how extreme your manipulation of reality seems to me,” The Architect replied and looking at him closely, she murmured. “I even admit that I am grateful to whoever locked you in that body and limited you.”

Hope raised her eyebrow, not at ease with the honesty, but Zack was different and nodded without anger or annoyance.

He understood the Architect’s fear and was pleased that she recognized the danger his people posed to this world and probably the universe. It would have been different if they had come to another universe with a Universal Guardian or God, but here neither existed and there were not as many limits for foreign beings like them. Which meant his people could exercise their powers without so many mishaps.

The Architect stayed here partly to recover and to get to know him and learn what kind of beings they both were and also decided to help, understanding that it was best if he left or owed her favors and the honesty was well received by Zack.

“Having said all that, I think we can get along and we can cooperate and respect each other’s boundaries and also interests,” said the Architect calmly.

“Of course. I have no interest in harming this world or harming the lower beings. Well, as long as they don’t become a pain in the ass.” Zack replied with a shrug and seeing that the Architect nodded in understanding, he asked. “Do you need anything else?”

For him, there was no point in destroying this world. He would not deny that if he went into a state of rage and madness blinded by his anger, he could end up causing serious damage, but right now he wasn’t in the mood to wreak that much havoc and he had no interest in doing so either.

Even if some inferior beings displeased him, it didn’t mean he had to eliminate them all. As proof of that mindset were those apes who served the Great Monkey and were not completely eliminated.

“Am I that easy to read?” the Architect asked upon hearing his question and when he nodded, she sighed. “The Unknown worries me. I understand that Hope has no desire for revenge and you lack interest in him, but I am concerned. Beings who can manipulate gods are rare and those who move unbeknownst to us even more so.”

The ‘Unknown’ could not only manipulate gods, but affect transcendentals. Hope, in her story, told of forgetting a part of the battle and the reason was possibly because of some sort of mental battle.

Perhaps Hope was not an ancient and experienced transcendental, but she was still a powerful transcendental.

Zack was curious and probably if that individual was easy to find, he would take it upon himself to retaliate for attacking the brighter transcendental, but since he was an unknown target, he preferred to waste his time on another matter.

“I’d rather have you both by my side if the time comes when I need help. In return, I will see to it that the authorities do not come into conflict with you. I have already settled the end of the world misunderstanding and have asked the city authorities to avoid problems with your organization,” The Architect said and waving her hand she created a necklace with a tiny tower and pointed. “I heard from your subordinates that you always carry the tower everywhere. I will give you a new one.”

The tower was actually her Divine Realm, so he would have to return it, but now she was telling him that she would give him a new ‘Tower’, specifically a pocket dimension.

“And the prisoners?” Zack asked curiously and slightly interested in negotiating.

Having a tower was nice, not because he liked having a space of his own, but it was useful because of the prisoners and while he could fill a tower with his people, it would not be the same. Among the prisoners inside were some that gave him a lot of mental energy.

“I leave it to you with two conditions. The first is that you avoid causing unconscionable destruction to this world, and the second is that in the future you help my companion,” said the Architect and sighing, she revealed. “I believe you have heard of my predecessor. She fought against the Unknown and Hope. She suffered after-effects and her mind was a mess. I would like you, after I talk to my companions, to help her as you helped me.”

Zack frowned, especially at the second condition.

The first condition seemed to him in keeping with the character of the Architect who was looking out for the safety of this world and its people and to him it made no sense to cause destruction and as for killing people... As long as he had a prison he would put everyone who bothered them in and use them as batteries instead of murdering them by wasting mental strength.

Of course, it would be different if those individuals earned his hatred.

However, the second option displeased him. It was the former administrator who had a conflict with Hope and while she was unaware of the situation; he was not pleased to help someone who was probably involved with the imprisonment of the brightest transcendental.

“If the time comes, I can handle that task. It will be an olive tree of peace,” Hope said, looking sideways at him and signaling him to hold back. “And I am willing to help you, as long as you also help me with my goal.”

The brightest Transcendental was a woman who did not seem to like conflict and avoided it. For her to help the one who attacked and locked her up was her way of making it clear that she was at peace with what had happened.

The Architect nodded immediately, and she opened her palm and the necklace Zack wore appeared in her hand, then the woman closing her eyes made the tower behind her back following her spin and a light shone, forming a second miniature tower fitted to a metal necklace.

Then she sent it flying towards him and Zack received it and extended his mind inside, checking it all out. It was no longer the Architect’s Divine Realm and thus no longer a weakness, but the security, tower and prisoners remained the same.

“Won’t there be any problems with me taking over the prison?” Zack asked curiously.

The Architect handed him the prison. The Tower that many were looking for and was considered an important site. The prisoners that were locked inside were not insignificant weaklings and there was the odd one or two that stood out and, if released, would become a danger to the inferior beings.

And yet Elurien handed him over and this time not as a sign of trust, but as part of a negotiation and with the aim of gaining his goodwill.

What would others say if they found out that the administrator in charge of the prison had given it?

“Probably yes, but... Who would dare to criticize me?” The Architect asked, smiling arrogantly.

Zack laughed as well. This was how someone of his level should act and while some might think it was arrogance in his eyes, it was confidence.

After all, who would dare judge a goddess?

 

Do you like the story? Leave a review! I'm still writing the story, so any comments and feedback will be helpful.

2