Chapter 102: The plan for the storming of the temple
75 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Puebleque, once they made it to the surface after searching the tunnels under the entire region for a month, was covered in spider webs.

The houses had been made out of wood, once, and now only the stone foundations stood. That, and the main temple. The guild fought its way to the temple. Not to loot it. They all had their fill of looting from the city of gold under Puebleque. They wanted to find if the temple had any clues as to who the Father of Monsters was.

The thing about the temple of Puebleque was, that it had been there, in the middle of the wilderness, long before the hunting town had sprung up at the spot.

Soed had told them that there might be some clues in the catacombs, and more than one adventurer believed that the most dangerous spot in the entire  Puebleque did hold some answers. Perhaps even the dungeon core that had seen the end of the settlement.

Leander waited for everyone to gather before the temple. It was similar to the one below it, in the city of gold. But this one was made of granite, not gold. Still, the architecture was similar.

The spires were similarly spaced. The dome in the middle had the same flower patterns. The door had the same runes as the ones on the temple under the earth.

It was the running theory that, once the first elves fled the city of gold, they attempted to settle in Puebleque. But, then, something drove them out, and the humans moved in.

Once everyone was arrayed around the front of the temple, Leander began to speak.

"Only those ranked B and up can go inside the temple," he heard disgruntled mutterings and continued. "If you are in a platoon with a B ranked adventurer and the platoon must break, then, you can go as well. But, those platoons will be closer to the back. Just in case."

"You won't lead from the front?" An archer asked, his hand raised high.

"No, for this temple, I think the best thing to do is to let the only S ranked platoon lead. Platoon Shadow Reapers, consisting of the parties Harpy Claws, Slime Demise, Dawn, Sapphire shooters, and The Lion's Mane," platoon Shadow Reapers came to the front, and Leander went to where platoon 23 was waiting.

"Ok, listen up. This is not a game. Those of you with lower ranked platoons will be killing spiders. Remember, they have gems in their bellies. But, also remember, don't rush with the looting. Kill all the eight-eyed creeps and then loot," Antonia ordered.  "Greg, Friona, come over here and tell the people of your plan."

The dwarf and the elf came to the stage. They had planned for this as soon as they heard that they were going down the catacombs. But, the guild master had been too busy to see them. Now, they had their chance.

"Hey, listen up. We, the Sapphire shooters, will make sure that there is an arrow barrage after an arrow barrage coming the mob's way. Greg is not SS ranked for nothing!" Friona was her usual bubbly self. In her mind, the guild was either going to come out of this temple with something for Soed to decipher and the dungeon core, or...nothing really. She never thought about the what if scenario for when she lost.

Greg coughed and patted her back.

"So, we will do something that we normally don't. A new formation. With tanks and berserkers at the front and archers behind them. Mages to the left, rogues to the right. The healers will be at the back, so, nothing new there," Friona continued. She looked at Antonia, the tank of the Harpy Claws, and saluted her.

"What we need to do is avoid the fireball barrage, if we can," Greg spoke. The catacombs were rumored to be made of stone, but if there was a fire in close quarters, the guild might end up getting reduced to a panicked stampede. "Guild master, we would like to request the assistance of Ludwig."

"Granted," Leander shouted so that he could be heard from the back. As an C ranked platoon, platoon 23 was at the back, a couple of steps away from the D and below platoons.

"Wait, didn't you say that fire is something to avoid?" An S ranked tank, that was in a B ranked platoon, asked. He was going in, and he still did not want for this to be a blunder.

"We will need Ludwig for the giant spiders. Our water mages can dose the flames. Ebony's flames will be harder to extinguish, as he is a dragon," Greg clarified and the tank nodded.

"So, the plan is simple. Better to remember it. We search for the dungeon core and murals that have the archaic form of elven written on them. Any questions?" Antonia asked. No one raised their hands. She went to the front and gave the signal for the forming of a formation. The platoons formed up and platoon Shadow Reapers lead them inside the temple.

It hadn't even been a minute, when the sound of fighting reached the ones left outside the temple. Leander sent in fifty golems, just in case, and turned to the rest of the adventurers.

"Ok, we have a job to do, too. There could be murals hidden in the town. Search the square, the courthouse. Any building that looks important. Remember, don't take risks. Use the signal flares if you find a boss mob," Leander, then nodded at Dorian, who did much the same as Antonia.

Only Asmodeos was left behind. With the dragon, Ebony. He didn't mind. The entire town's spider population could try to swarm him, and he, even with the mana suppressing medallion around his neck, could still take them.

"Hey, Ebony, care for a dice game? I just so happen to have a couple of trinkets that could fit in your hoard," Asmodeos suggested with a wink.

"What should I give you, if I lose?" Ebony might be young, but he was a dragon. And dragons were careful when they could lose treasure.

"Just for you to melt a medallion. Nothing much," Ebony grinned devilishly and laid with his clawed paws under his head.

Asmodeos pulled out a cup and some dice. He would win the first round, and get rid of his chain. Then, the game will be up. But it wouldn't matter because then Alklair won't be able to defeat him, and he would have to listen to him, instead.

2