Chapter 110: Once an adventurer…
91 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Andors was plowing the field. Sure, it was not a task that could be compared to an S ranked quest, but it was work that needed to be done.

They were a bit late with the preparations of the land, but, with a bit of Borik's mana placed into the soil, the wheat was still going to grow just fine.

The former berserker wondered what Jean was doing now. Andors had tried to get in touch with him, a couple of times, but Jean had always been off on a quest. And Andors did not have the bravery in himself to leave him a letter.

The former member of the Firebolts had heard that Jean was in the party of the new guild master. Not only that, but the red head was one of the guild master's lovers.

Which was good for him, Andors had decided when he had heard. Jean deserved to be loved. Both Andors and Borik had kept him at an arm's length. Trying not to get too attached to the one who was meant to rise higher than them.

Because, in the end, Jean had continued to rise, while the two berserkers were back at Borik's farm. But, Andors did not mind, too much. For nostalgia's sake, he helped his neighbors with chorus, pretending to be going on F and E ranked quests.

The people did not care that he was no longer A ranked, just that he could patch their roofs, paint their fences and, yes, that he could walk their dogs.

Andors smiled. There were a couple of dogs he liked that he walked for free. To relax after a hard day of work. He heard running feet, and he looked up from the soil to see a panicked Borik.

"Hey, what got you worried?" Andors asked, and Borik pointed at a bright red flare coming from Huergaz.

"Can't you see the evacuation order? Come on, Andors. We need to at least get our money," Andors nodded, and they were off to the farm. Borik went straight for their safe, while Andors went upstairs and began to stuff all their clothes in his bottomless bag. Deciding they needed a couple of other things; he also took the deed of the farm and some food from the kitchen.

Sure, he would need to wait for Borik to pull out the things from the bag. As he could no longer concentrate mana into his hands and call them to himself. But it was nice that they had such a bag.

Borik was waiting for him at the base of the staircase, his own bottomless bag secured on his back.

"Did you take everything? Come on, then. The horses are waiting," they ran out of the house, stopping only to lock it, for all the good that it did them.

Then, they mounted up and urged their horses towards Huergaz. It was a twenty-kilometer ride, but, when they neared the city, they saw a big, green, glow enveloping it.

"Could it be? Did a dungeon claim Huergaz?" Andors yelled, to be heard over the noise of the horses.

"That dungeon core is getting smashed," Borik took out his long sword and charged ahead. Andors followed, his battleaxes in his hands. Sure, he no longer had mana, but his reflexes were as sharp as ever.

Halfway to the green glow, they saw something black and big staring at the green dungeon borders, pocking it every so often and then pulling its hand back, as if burned.

"Why is the boss mob outside?" Borik wondered out loud. Was this not a dungeon border, but a barrier? He had never seen such a barrier in his life.

The thing must have heard him because it turned its black eyes to them and smiled a smile full of teeth. Then, with far greater speed than something with such proportions should have, it charged and, with a kick, forced Andors's horse to fly to the nearest tree.

"Andors!" Borik called. The berserker could see some people gathering on the other side of the glow. And, there was even a Naga and a goblin there. The Naga pointed, and then an old man and a raven-haired man ran out of the green glow, and towards the thing that had attacked them.

"Get your friend out of here," called the raven-haired younger man. "Now! Get behind the barrier."

Borik watched as a cutting wind made a large slash from the ear of the creature down to its crouch, splitting it in half. But, then, the thing began to knit itself together as it cackled.

The berserker spared the duo a look, figured they were adventurers, and went to retrieve Andors. Andors was standing then, on shaky legs, and Borik could see that he wanted to charge.

"Come on, the green thing is a barrier. We need to go," Borik took Andors under the arm and ushered him to the barrier. The Naga got out, and fired an arrow barrage at them, only to miss. Borik looked behind himself, to see that the arrow barrage had hit the creature in the face and that it had fallen to the ground.

Something told Borik that the thing was still alive, so, he kept pushing Andors forward. Then, just as they neared the barrier, Borik pushed Andors behind it and looked at the Naga.

"He doesn't have mana. Keep him inside," and Borik turned back and ran to the creature, which was trying to brave strong winds to get to the old adventurer, who looked confused.

"Kraedor, don't just stand there, attack!" Borik heard the raven-haired man shout, and then he saw the clawed hand of the tall creature inch towards the old adventurer's head.

"What? What is this thing? Where am I?" Borik did not think much on these words. He ran, hoping he could make it. His long sword cut into the creature's hand, just as the claws were touching the head of the old adventurer. That snapped the man out of his confusion, and he froze the feet of the creature. Then, the fight began.

2