Chapter (29) The gods descend (1)
66 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Black marveled at his latest work, the sub-system inside had already multiplied and made thousands of itself, it was a rather basic sub-system it was a copy of the primary system with some of its functions, while it could do everything the main system did, it had to ask the primary system permission first, each one of them could become the main system only if the original main system was too damaged or was killed.

Black had prepared many other countermeasures like these for a host of reasons stemming from his paranoia and because of the facts he learned about the world.

He waved his hand, the massive floating cube shook and vibrated, the blue lines on its surface pulsed and morphed, it slowly began to break apart into smaller versions of itself, the smaller versions broke apart until they were the size of a seed, soon, thousands of tiny pulsating tiny cubes filled the sky.

Black nodded, the splitting process went smoothly so far, the hard part came now, he had to send them to the void, while it may sound simple, Black knew it was not, he had seen the void in Laubres’s projection when he was showing Byron; it terrified him, Black had long since lost the ability to feel fear but what byron saw wasn’t the actual void, just what his mortal brain could understand.

Black had seen the true nature of the void, size, time, and logic, they didn’t exist there, in fact, the void didn’t exist at all, when he looked at it, it looked back, it looked back, and smiled.

The void didn’t have a shape, but it did, it was humanoid, and had an unnaturally long smile plastered on its face, it had curly white teeth that practically shone in the void, Black had never seen anything like it.

Black shuddered as he recalled what he had seen, fear swelling up inside him rapidly, it grew the more it recalled the appearance of the void, he quickly cut off any thoughts related to it, Black’s eyes squinted in annoyance, and his aura feared out defiantly, nearby shadow monsters were crushed to bits, black and misty blood tainted the air.

Black quickly pulled back in his aura and repaired the damaged earth and monsters that were affected, the void was still messing with him, even after the system had been rebuilt from almost scratch, the fact didn’t sit well with him, he almost dropped all his plans to go figure out how exactly and why the void was affecting him, but that would be a waste, a waste of time and effort he wasn’t even sure if he could go back his pocket dimension at this point.

Doing so would only buy him a few seconds at best, the gods must have a way to cark into other people’s domain or private dimensions, he would die if the void messed with him during the battle, it annoyed him endlessly, it just had to be now, when the gods were a few minutes away from reaching him, he lifted his shadowy arm and the glowing blue cubes disappeared.

He shifted his arm slightly and all the monsters that were busy digging into the world to find its core or anything containing energy stopped doing what they were doing and began running or flying back to where black was, millions swooped down from the sky completely blocking out the sun’s rays, thousands came from the earth, they shifted and moved dirt, stone, and iron as if it were clay.

The earth rumbled and broke apart more, as millions of massive monsters ran on its surface, the horde of monsters flattened anything that wasn’t big enough to join them, including smaller monsters of the same species, it was a gruesome sight, from the water came a tentacled horror, a titanic squid broke through the surface of the water, its size grew until its head reached outer space, its massive tentacles parted the sea as it adjusted them, its movements caused earthquakes storms and gigantic tsunamis to ravage the earth, the smaller monsters cowered in fear at the power and destruction such simple movements caused.

The clouds parted as it gazed down at Black and the other monsters kneeling behind him, its giant red eyes looked like they were the size of mountains, and they began exerting a soul-crushing pressure on the monsters that refunded to kneel.

Kneel you fools, you stand before the blue god.”It spoke in a commanding tone, the monsters that were standing legs gave way as they flopped to the ground uselessly, it shifted its focus to black who was looking at what was going on with amusement and surprise, Black had never expected such a monster to emerge in such a short period, it blew his mind, it had to have consumed thousands of its kind to reach the state it was in now, not to mention the life force required to grow so big.

Its left red eye dimmed as the substance that made it up shifted and morphed rigorously, soon, it began to shape itself into a vaguely humanoid figure, a transparent cocoon soon formed over it as it began to develop rapidly, growing eyes, leathery skin, and black bones, its hair was a mass of tiny black tentacles that shifted constantly.

More minor changes happened inside and outside its body as it grew and developed at breakneck speed, with a pop, the transparent cocoon cracked and fell apart, leaving only the tentacled monster, it walked up to black and knelt down.

I greet thy maker.” It spoke, its voice was deep and commanding, though filled with happiness and respect, its red eyes practically beamed with undying loyalty.

Black again was once again taken aback, the pride and respect this squid had for him was nothing to scoff at, he could see it in its eyes, and plans began to form in his mind, he had planned to make the system control the monsters manually to aid him in the battle but a commander had appeared right in front of him.

1