Chapter (30) The Gods descend (2)
81 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Black looked at the monster before him, he was contemplating what name he should give it, he also was entertaining the idea of making it a system admin, it only had benefits, he was loyal to him, he could grow and only get better at his job.

“I shall bestow the name of Arshu, rise. You are now a system administrator from this day on.”

As he finished speaking, reality rippled as the system shaped it with god-like craftsmanship, a blinding white light broke through the sky and lit up the dark world Arshu’s main body had created, it circled Arshu and then plunged into his body seamlessly, Blak felt Arshu’s very existence shift and become closer his, his main body that was blocking out the sun’s rays also underwent some changes, it no longer looked shadowy and ethereal, it looked more solid and organic.

His body began to emit waves of blinding bright light that seemed to push against reality, his existence continued to shift closer and closer to Black and the system as the light worked inside of him, his soul broke apart, stretched, and was healed constantly by the system, each cycle of deconstruction and construction bumped up the thickness and power of his soul the dazed Arshu lost count of how many times he felt his soul stretched thin, it felt like an eternity had passed, yet he felt no pain or discomfort just an indescribable feeling each time it happened, after what felt like forever, he opened his eyes.

Arshu’s eyes shot open in shock, unknown senses he didn’t know existed slammed into his soul disorienting him a little, his new senses took a while to get used to but with his upgraded body and soul it was easy to use and turn them off, as soon as he got used to them another wave of change washed over him, this time it was his body, the shocked Arshu felt both his bodies changing rapidly, his already massive body grew even larger and thicker, the world creaked and popped under his immense weight, thunderstorms, earthquakes, and other natural phenomena ravaged the broken earth further destroying it.

He opened his mouth and was about to speak and show black his gratitude, but black sent him a system message that informed him in full detail about the situation he was facing and about what was coming, Arshu’s red eyes noticeably flared with anger as he digested the information but he calmed down shortly after, danger was a few seconds away, he needed to prepare; he felt the mysterious power he now knew as the system dim and slowed down as it finished the changing his body.

Shortly after, it almost left his body, the power that remained formed a connection between him and the main system directly.
System prompts of what was happening filled Black’s vision, he read and dismissed them, he could always check the logs later, the third wave of change one needed to go through to become a fully-fledged system admin, though it would take too long, the system would completely rewrite one’s existence in the last step they would become an existence similar to him but not quite, it would then form a connection between his darkness and the newly made system admin, it was akin to having a child.

Such a step was necessary because of the nature of his darkness and his soul, Black could only describe it as strange, it would take a week at most for the process to be complete, and that was if the new system admin had an affinity with his darkness, Arshu had it easier since he was made by Black and the system, his affinity was already at it’s highest, though it still wasn’t fast enough, Black had to speed it up somehow without damaging him, changing one’s existence was an extremely hard and dangerous process, the tests that he ran showed that one’s existence was only changed when they were reborn after death, what exactly changed it still was a mystery to him.

His soul buzzed with activity as he and the system worked at full power to figure out a suitable and safe method that could be used instantly, time slowed down as Black used everything at his disposal to buy himself more time, in this timeless world Black and the system worked for years, running simulations after simulations, test after test, each one moving him closer and closer to what he wanted, his slowed time was running out so he called upon even more power and completely stopped the time for the entire world, color faded away from it slowly but black had no time to be surprised by this as he worked faster in the colorless world.
Years later Black and the system finally found a safe and fast way of changing one’s existence without letting them be reborn, he deployed it instantly.

He called upon the system to deploy the new method to finish Arshu’s upgrade, time was running out, and the gods would reach his world in a few seconds, another beam of pure white light tore through the sky, it moved and shone despite there being no light and time, the timeless world didn’t hinder its movements.

This time it didn’t circle around Arshu and directly fell on him, time slowly returned to the world as Black released his hold over the local time, power flooded out from Arshu’s secondary body in waves crushing or seriously hurting the surrounding monsters, some backed just in time to get away and not get obliterated by the power that was currently washing over Arshu’s secondary body.

Arshu’s secondary body floated into the sky and shot towards his main body at breakneck speeds, he showed no signs of slowing down as he came closer and closer to it, right before it could collide with his massive eye Arshu’s secondary body melted into white dust and fused into his main body’s eye.

1