A chance encounter
21 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Footsteps woke her up. Her face was red-raw from crying and her wrist was marked up from the whip. Shame filled her at what she had done. If anyone else say her and gossiped she would never live it down.

Looking ahead she saw what woke her up, or rather who. An average looking cultivator with long brown hair the color of dirt and brown eyes like mud. She’s can help but to scold herself on her prejudice. At second glance she could she a coldness in his eyes, and his body was lax for a regular cultivator.

Eyes narrowing, she noticed his robes look like inner sect robes, but discolored and a bit stained with blood. He walked towards her slowly with measured step, and she couldn’t help but fear him subconsciously.

In the end she forced herself to calm down and relax. Within seconds he sat down next to her a few feet away. Tugging at her sleeves she tried vainly to cover her face. The man obviously notices, and she hoped he didn’t comment on it.

‘Pathetic’ echoed in her mind almost sending her into another fit of tears before she forced the emotion down.

“Hey, I’m Chen Bai.” The man said evenly and looked at her with expressionless eyes. What does he want from me?

“Feng Mian.” Mian whispered out to him. Bai nodded his head and looked away from her to the weapons on the ground. A different type of shame colored her as he looked her failures.

“Your face is red.” He stated obviously, and her face became red from embarrassment. She quickly stood up and glared at him. When he showed no notice and continued to stare to the ground, she sighed defeatedly.

Mian left him and continued up mountain to her dorm.

 

Bai continued to look at the area around him. The weapons looked newer and fewer than what he remembered, and the grave was missing. A grave of an unknown cultivator. A grave that Sect leader Xia visited daily. An old, weathered thing with the name ‘Feng Mian’ carved beautifully into it.

Bai was in the middle of the demonic-Righteous sect war, and he was struck in the chest with an unknown skill that bended space and time. If it wasn’t for the talisman that his master, Sect leader Xia gave him, his soul would have been ripped apart.

These were the old training grounds that his master used for him to cultivate and become stronger on.

“Feng Mian.” Chen Bai said with excitement. This is a chance of a lifetime! 3000 years in the past, and the start of the problems that lead to the war. Don’t worry Sect Leader Xia, leave this to me. I’ll resolve your biggest regret here and keep you free of heart demons later.

Bai looked at were the girl disappeared from, before pulling out a few gray robes from inside his space ring and changing out. At this point of time, he not apart a sect, but he knows that opportunities will present itself soon. 

He left the mountain completely and disappeared into the mortal town below.


Meanwhile, a certain girl of 15, with the name of Feng Mian started complaining to her little beast about a rude cultivator. The beast rolled his eyes at her and eat some of the berries that are collected in her hands. 

"Xiao Feng! Don't ignore me." She huffed at him but didn't cease petting the little beast. Xiao Feng looked at her with it bored serpent-like eyes as it stretched all four of its scaly limbs. 

Tts tail playfully flicked at her, and she could help but giggle.

"Cat-like fiend!" 

1