Chapter 56
1.4k 1 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

All over the world, the demon army invaded every country simultaneously. That was, except for Yigiris who has been left alone for some reason by the demons. The countries that were in an alliance with Yigiris sent their messengers to come to their door to ask for assistance but found that all the borders towards Yigiris were closed.

They have isolated themselves just like the elven kingdom a long time ago. What they didn't know was, the reason was completely different than the elves.

They no longer had a ruler to lead them and the next in line was actually a demon all along. The knights were doing all they could to prevent the news from spreading to the people. They didn't have the time to give assistance to outsiders. Not to mention, they had also suffers not a few losses from the first wave of attack.

Unfortunately, none of the countries knew. Not even their own people knew. Bell and Orphel who were left in charge by August could only grit their teeth and gave their all to control everything. Not only the king, the ministers were also killed by the demon prince. Everything fell into his hands to take care of. Except for them, only August and Godford knew about the event that happened in the palace. They didn't have any choice but to handle all the chaos themselves.

Meanwhile, the sole demon who caused everything was leisurely lying on his bed with a beauty in his arm, overlooking everything. He was quite satisfied by the amount of blood spilling out in the mortal realm. Once all the mortals have been claimed, alive or not, the mortal realm would be his. The survivors could be slaves to his subjects. He wouldn't need to live in the lower realm anymore.

How could he, a god, a supreme celestial being, live under the feet of the lowly mortals? He and his brother were both gods, but why couldn't he live in his rightful place beyond the sky? He was created as the embodiment of chaos, so be it. Let there be chaos. Why should he follow the rules of the world only to be trampled on?

Kiefer's face gradually hardened from resentment with blood overflowing his eyes. His hateful thoughts were interrupted by a soft fluff touching his chest. When he lowered his head, the luminous blonde hair tickled his face.

"You know, I detest the color gold yet you mortals glorified them as richness and praised those with such hairs as charming. How irksome," Kiefer brushed a lock of Rye's hair with his fingers, "I've killed countless blondes and golds with this body. Seeing them hurt my eyes that I wish for them to burn 10 times worse."

Clouds of shadows flowed out from Kiefer's hand and swept through Rye's hair, coloring them black. Rye looked at his reflection in the mirror across the bed and touched his new hair absentmindedly.

"But I can't kill the person I love, can I? Now you're perfect," Kiefer turned Rye's face towards him and caught his lips. He pulled Rye to lay on top of him and broke their kiss with a grin,  "comfort me, my love."

Rye obediently fixed his position and lowered his head to start his kiss and caress of comfort.

In the past 2 days Kiefer spent with Rye, he found that Rye could somehow quench his anger although temporarily. His touches and attentiveness were different from either the succubus or incubus serving him previously. It was gentler, softer, yet it was firmer and it seems to be working for him. The absence of lust instead became a plus point for him. He laughed at himself for this.

Much to his own surprise, he hadn't claimed Rye's body yet. He still wanted this chaste loving for a while longer. Maybe he could do it after the phony hero died as a celebration feast.

That would be a delicious feast indeed. He would make sure not to leave a bone behind.

Seeing the incoming event that was about to transpire, Kiefer sat up and pushed Rye down to the bed. The other man still had his legs hugging Kiefer's waist and the soft fabric covering them slid down, exposing his smooth thighs and a part of his bottom. Kiefer didn't refuse the serving and felt them up.

"Your worthless brother is about to greet us. Let's get you changed with something more…exquisite, shall we?" Kiefer wickedly whispered to Rye's ear, "prove to me that you are worthy of my love."

"Yes, my lord," Rye replied equally intimate.

Kiefer smiled in satisfaction. He could get used to this forever.

A few hours later, Ludric and the others finally sighted the magnificent demon castle. Marissa and Rock, who decided to finish what their boss started, opened the path for the rest to pass. Lilith leaped up to a rooftop to assist them from above while Desmund and Rosetta followed Ludric in.

They swiftly eradicated everything on their way toward the throne hall. Without needing any directions from anyone they could feel the terrifying pressure coming from that place.

Ludric fearlessly slammed the door open only to freeze seeing the gorgeous man sitting on the throne. His posture was proper with his back straight, but his overlapping legs clad in knee-high heeled boots gave his aura a dash of allure. He was wearing a satin sleeveless top which was secured by a leather corset lining his curvature.

When he stood up, the long sheer fabric behind him dragged along his feet down the steps. The chains of his thin-rimmed glasses glinted coldly under the red and violet lighting of the room.

"Rye…?" Ludric called in doubt and disbelief.

This person looked identical to Rye, but the aura was completely different. In addition, his hair and eyes were black. Yet his feelings told him that this was indeed his little brother himself.

Rye looked up at Ludric, "You have finally arrived, brother."

Ludric's eyebrows tightened in discomfort. Rye never called him brother. Not ever since he betrayed his trust.

He pointed his sword at Rye, "Who are you!?"

Instead of answering, Rye initiated the battle. He took out a red twin-blade from a magic circle and dashed to attack his target. Ludric was caught off guard, but he had already drawn his sword. Unexpectedly, who Rye was aiming for wasn't him. It was Rosetta.

Ludric flashed in front of Rosetta and timely blocked Rye's attack. Rye being strong was no longer a secret, but the attack was even more powerful than he thought. The shockwave from the impact shattered the windows of the hall and the floor beneath Ludric's feet cracked and broke. Rye was seriously trying to kill them.

Rye wasn't fazed by the block and kept trying to attack Rosetta. Ludric didn't have any option but to go on the offense.

He swung his sword and pushed Rye back. They parried against each other with the speed of light. Desmund and Rosetta didn't know whether they should jump in or not, but they hadn't decided yet when several spheres shot towards Desmund. His reaction was fast and raised his shield to block it. Still, he got thrown off his feet a few meters away.

"Your opponent is me," The demon lord charged another spell and started the battle on his side as well.

Rye blocked another attack. Ludric noticed that he was about to counter with his other blade and got ready to dodge.

Contrary to his expectation, Rye's counter wasn't from his blade. Multiple spells activated simultaneously from around the hall. One of them was right in the direction where Ludric dodged and hit the hero point-blank. Ludric flung to the row of pillars and broke them into two halves.

Ludric almost forgot that Rye's strongest skill was his uncommon magic. It was why he stuck to his sword when fighting Rye in the first place. If he launched his own spell, Rye would definitely alter them. His options were limited when facing Rye.

He also didn't want to truly hurt Rye.

Ludric saw Rye lunging down towards him and jumped away. When he thought he successfully avoided him, he saw Rye's blade rushing toward his chest. He swung his sword and struck it away, but its twin stabbed into his leg from behind.

"Gh!!"

Ludric fell to his knee and grabbed the hilt of Rye's blade to pull them off. Before he could do that, another spell activated right under him and several thorned vines stormed out to trap him. His body was violently jerked to the ground, leaving his back open for Rye.

Rye dropped heavily on Ludric's body and raised his blade up. Just as he was about to stab into Ludric's heart, another magic circle activated below them. In a blink, Rye ended up stabbing into the seat of the throne instead, splitting them apart.

He paused for a second and looked back to see who teleported him.

39