Chapter 5 – New Yolk
1k 4 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 5 - New Yolk

 

 

Meanwhile, Li Qu was still thinking where the best place would be to set up his teahouse.

 

“System, where would you recommend me to set the teahouse up at?”

 

[Host, I will recommend Mei Country’s New Yolk. To be more specific, New Yolk’s Hua Town.]

 

Just as the system mentioned New Yolk, an interface with a holograph of the map showed Li Qu where exactly was New Yolk and a few pictures of people living there.

 

Li Qu asked with doubtfulness,

 

“Why do you recommend New Yolk? I see a lot of non-Hua Country people there. Assuming that the features of the people there are different, and the words aren’t of Hua’s language. Why would you think that the best option would be there?”

 

[Host, I have done a calculation of the people on Earth’s interest of Hua Country’s culture. It is currently on a rising trend. People all over the world are starting to gain interest in Hua Country’s culture and developing their own tea-drinking habits. It will be your job to promote the culture of tea-drinking to the parts of Earth that have not picked up the habit!]

 

“Alright, I don’t know much about this world, but I’ll keep your suggestions in mind.”

 

Li Qu silently marked down the coordinates of New Yolk’s Hua Town and with a wave of his hand, a portal appeared and he stepped into it.

 

In an alleyway of New Yolk’s Hua Town, a portal started opening up and a dashing young man stepped out of it. No one seemed to notice the unusualness as Li Qu used his Spiritual Sense to cover up his tracks as he did not want to be disturbed. (A.N: Li Qu loves alleyways lmao)

 

Li Qu walked on the streets of Hua Town and surveyed his surroundings.

 

Cars honking, yellow cabs on the roads stopping beside road pavements with people boarding and alighting at the shopping malls nearby, restaurants ran by the Hua’s with their local delicacies and numerous shops selling and bartering herbs and tonics.

 

It was just a typical day in New Yolk’s Hua Town.

 

People were giving Li Qu weird looks and discreetly took photos of him as he looked out of place in the middle of Hua Town.

 

“Hey, look at that guy. He’s so handsome! Is there a camera nearby? Is he filming a show?”

 

A girl with oriental looks in her 20’s nudged her friend and pointed at Li Qu.

 

“D*mn, he has balls of steel cosplaying by himself without feeling any sense of shame, respect! Is there a cosplay event nearby? Maybe I can see some pretty girls cosplaying as well, hehehe.”

 

A passerby that looked like a typical shut-in stated.

 

[Host, I would recommend you to have a change of clothing. People are giving you looks that based on my research on human emotions, are what you call weird, as well as admiration.]

 

“Why should I? I won’t change myself for anybody. Let alone all these mortals that are as feeble as ants.”

 

Li Qu said it out loud and he was over-flowing with confidence, and he truly had the right to do so.

 

If Li Qu just so wished, with a wave of a hand, Hua Town would be a piece of flat land.

 

Let alone Hua Town, even New Yolk itself would be like a brand new territory awaiting humans to conquer.

 

Just when Li Qu looked as if he was talking to himself, a girl that looked like she was from Hua Country shyly approached Li Qu.

 

“H-hi handsome brother, a-are you from Hua Country as well? I can help guide you if you n-need any help.”

 

The girl was blushing just from talking to Li Qu, even though he had not said anything yet.

 

It was a rather appropriate reaction, as Li Qu looked as if he walked out of a painting of an Immortal.

 

White robes with smooth, flowing silver-like white hair, a tall stature of about 1.8m which was the ideal height for most women.

 

He looked like what you would describe to be a prince charming riding on a white horse to rescue the lady from the evil emperor to look.

 

By what you would call a coincidence, Li Qu was just in need of a proper guide to find the perfect location for his future teahouse.

 

Li Qu eyeballed the girl and gave a small smirk, causing the girl to be in a daze, and said gracefully,

 

“Young Maiden, I am just in need of a guide to view this place called Hua Town. What is your name?”.

 

'Uwaa... His voice is really smooth and deep.'

 

The girl snapped out of her shyness and replied to Li Qu,

 

“I-I’m Xia Qiu, my father has shops around this area so I’m pretty familiar with the neighborhood. You can say that I grew up here…”

 

“Perfect. I need to find a place to set up a teahouse, do you know any suitable locations?”

 

Li Qu said with a smile. Originally, he could just use his spiritual sense to sweep the whole Hua Town to find a suitable spot.

 

But what would be the fun if he did that? His current motto was to enjoy his life. With a guide to assist him in touring around Hua Town, nothing could be better.

 

Furthermore…

 

‘This girl, her father has shops around here, which most likely means she is quite well off. I could use her to guide me around for the time being, I have absolutely no currency that the mortals here use to my name right now.’

 

What a devious plan Li Qu has…

 

[Host, are you trying to eat soft rice?]

 

‘What do you mean? Ah, whatever.’

 

“O-ok, that’s great! M-may I know your name? A-and yes, I know of a perfect place, my neighbor called Old Liu, just moved out as the rent was increasing too much and he couldn’t take it and shut down his teahouse!”

 

Xia Qiu asked the enchanting young man in front of her.

 

'The mission can wait. What is more, I have three days till the deadline. I am confident I can find a place before the three days are up. If not, I can just use my Spiritual Sense.'

 

“I am Li Qu. First, bring me to take a look at what the best delicacies this town has to offer.”

 

Li Qu said confidently as he did not notice the weird gaze Xia Qiu was giving him for his manner of speech.

 

‘Who still talks like that? And that dressing… Luckily, he’s handsome. If not, it’d be weird with such an ancient way of speech.’

 

Xia Qiu thought silently as the pair walked towards a 1-Star Misherin restaurant that she thought was pretty good.

 

...

24