Chapter 45 – ‘Six’
390 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 45 - 'Six'

 

 

'Six' was an Ascended with the ability– Vision Control. He could invade an unknowing person with his Essence Of Evolution just by being near the person and later on spy on their point of view using his mind.

 

He was adept at manipulating people and had relied on his abilities for espionage in his earlier days to gain valuable information from enemies, much like what he was doing now.

 

Although 'Six' knew that he was dealing with an existence that was possibly above the Ascended stage– which was already unheard of on Earth, he would not have known that he would be caught while using it.

 

Never in his life had someone caught him using Vision Control before– even when he tried to spy on an enemy Ascended in his past, the Ascended had died even before realizing that his whereabouts were exposed through that ability.

 

This fact had filled 'Six' with extreme caution as he stared at the young man with ethereal looks in front of him.

 

'Six' was not someone that would fight fair and square; he had always relied on devious methods and poisonous means to make up for his lack of offensive abilities– this had made him a master at the art of hidden weapons through countless years of practice.

 

He had climbed up the rankings of the Church Of Chaos through the perfect use of his Vision Control ability and hidden weapons to finally reach the Numbered ranks.

 

Li Qu gave time for 'Six' to draw up his battle plan and patiently waited– how boring would it be for him if it ended just like that? It was not everyday that someone decided to mess with him.

 

'Six' felt cornered. He had tried to discreetly spread his Essence Of Evolution towards Li Qu, but he had not received any sort of reaction– or rather, it was blocked by something that he could not figure out.

 

His Gene Ocean had been churning to the maximum capability in order to sustain his Vision Control, but he did not receive even a single bulge from Li Qu.

 

'Six' spoke out with uncertainty and held some doubts towards it.

 

"What are you…? How can my powers not touch you?!"

 

"Oh, you were trying to affect me with your powers? I apologize, it was so weak that I did not even feel it. I thought that you were just thinking up a battle plan. Go on– prove me wrong."

 

Li Qu acted surprised and answered him with brutal honesty, he looked like he genuinely did not feel it.

 

"That's pure bullsh*t… How sick can you be?! F*ck this!"

 

'Six' shouted in anger and humiliation from being looked down upon, he used his hands to feel the wall behind him and pressed on something that felt like a button that was well hidden.

 

A hidden mechanism that he had installed as a life-saving measure because of his paranoia and safety precaution.

 

The button seemed to have triggered some sort of effect as there were visible yellowish gas spreading out from under his bed right after.

 

'Six' let out a breath of relief at the success of triggering it and coldly smirked at the arrogance of Li Qu.

 

"You're too arrogant. No matter how strong you are– I don't believe you can handle poison that can kill an Ascended in minutes!"

 

The poison was made from the gall bladder of an Entity called the Three-Headed King Cobra.

 

Even for people on the power level of 'Six', had they inhaled the poisonous gas– it would then spread towards their lungs and shut down their respiratory system; the poison would slowly spread out from the lungs and into the heart to cause a cardiac arrest after a few minutes.

 

If the antidote was not given to them quickly, they would die a horrible death– with the final effect of the poison causing the heart to overclock and implode.

 

'Six' tapped his storage belt and withdrew a specially crafted gas mask– he wore it with lightning speed while Li Qu just looked on at his silliness and commented.

 

"Just a mere poison equivalent to the False Immortal Realm– that is like child's play, and you think it could affect me?"

 

Li Qu chuckled out of amusement from being belittled. The poison was spreading around his barrier. However, he had intentionally turned off the barrier surrounding him and deeply inhaled– there were no effects.

 

Li Qu's actions only served to provoke 'Six' even more; he immediately prepared five needles hidden in his sleeves and threw them in his direction.

 

Swoosh!

 

Five black-colored needles that looked like they were coated in some numbing agent flew across the room and tried to pierce into Li Qu's skin.

 

Ddang, ddang!

 

Unfortunalte, as if hitting a metal wall, the needles collided with Li Qu's skin and bounced off– as though his skin was made from metal– not even a hint of damage could be seen.

 

"What the actual f*ck… If sharp needles and poison don't work, then how about this!"

 

'Six' was in absolute despair, his two main fighting methods from his arsenal had been proven to be useless, but he did not give up– for he had a final resort.

 

And that was the revolver holstered behind his back, hidden inside his oversized shirt. It had firepower strong enough to blast the Three-Headed King Cobra into smithereens from just a few rounds.

 

He reached behind his back and pulled out the gray colored revolver with a Church Of Chaos insignia spray-painted on the gun handle– he unhesitatingly aimed it at Li Qu and fired three shots consecutively.

 

Bang, bang, bang!

 

Gunshots were fired out, bullets heading towards Li Qu. However, he simply waved his hands and the bullets were dissected right in the middle by controlling the threads of Karma surrounding him– invisible to the mortal's eyes.

 

Li Qu was bored at this point, he looked at 'Six' and gave his opinion nonchalantly.

 

"I had expected better from you– anymore trump cards to use? If not, you can prepare to cross the Styx river to reincarnate–oh, wrong, you will be denied reincarnation."

 

'Six' panted heavily, fear slowly grew in his mind when he saw that all his methods were futile and thought with deep terror.

 

'I'm feeling… fear?! The only time I felt fear was... from Pontiff Jule! And now– him too!'.

 

"I will initiate a countdown– starting from five. If you have any more methods, you should use them now– or never."

 

Li Qu directly stated his intentions and held his fingers up as he counted–

 

"Five."

 

'Six' was anxious, he did not know what Li Qu would do– he saw how Edmundo Lain suffered before he died, and still he could not think of any methods to assail Li Qu.

 

Li Qu's thumb closed into his palm as he chanted.

 

"Four."

 

"F*ck you!!!"

 

'Six' then roared out in pure anger from feeling overwhelming fear– he was losing his mind as he threw the revolver towards Li Qu in a moment of lunacy to interrupt him from his countdown.

 

The revolver made contact with Li Qu's barrier. And with a thud, it landed flat on the floor– an obvious result that led to fruitless effects in stopping his chant.

 

'Six' anxiously drew up countless battle simulations in his mind. Nonetheless, all of it had only led to a single consequence– death.

 

His eyebrows contorted into a deep frown, displaying his restlessness and distress.

 

'F*ck, I can't think of anything!!!'

 

A sense of utter desperation could be clearly felt in his facial expressions.

 

14