Chapter 60 – Li Qu’s Profile Picture
730 5 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Hey! Hope everyone's been well. I'd like to announce that I'll be going on a hiatus starting from this chapter onwards~ I've posted the chapters earlier so as to let readers that appreciate my story enjoy it just a little bit more. My mental health has been bad lately and I'd like to take a break until I feel better. I wouldn't know when that would be, however, I hope that when I come back, y'all lovely readers would still show me the same positive support <3 Thank you everyone for your support thus far.

 

 

Chapter 60 - Li Qu's Profile Picture

 

 

The next afternoon, just when Li Qu was lighting up the incense stick at the same time everyday without fail– Xia Qiu arrived and reported to work at her regular timing, followed by a man that looked like he was in his thirties dressed in a standard blue business suit walking slowly behind her.

 

She went up to greet Li Qu as per usual and pointed to the man with a smile.

 

"Young Master Li, good afternoon! Look– my dad's here!"

 

Li Qu nodded his head casually and looked at the rejuvenated man that was filled with vitality not seen previously when he had not started cultivation.

 

Xia Dong noticed that his daughter had pointed towards himself with Li Qu looking over as well and he sped up his pace to not seem disrespectful.

 

"Pleased to meet you again, Mr. Li. I hope my daughter hasn't been an annoyance to you, haha!"

 

"You jest, put that aside– how is the progress with your cultivation?"

 

Li Qu replied with a smile, although he might seem like someone who was unscrupulous and tyrannical– that was only reserved for people who had disrespected or offended him, and Xia Dong had always treated him with ample respect.

 

The least Li Qu could do was to at least treat him with due respect as well.

 

Especially so for the father of his employee– if Xia Dong asks his daughter to quit due to him being a tyrant, how much time would he need to find such a talented waitress again?

 

Xia Dong let out with a wide grin just as Li Qu asked about his progress and replied with visible excitement.

 

"Mr. Li, it's all thanks to you! I'm at the Middle-State Qi Refinement Realm currently. Look at me now– I look almost twenty years younger! People will say I'm lying if I told them my real age, hahaha!"

 

"That is good. Keep it up and sooner or later– you might be the most powerful Earthling? Who knows what will happen in the future?"

 

Li Qu gave a perfunctory praise while looking at Xia Qiu giggling at her father's boasting, but his praise just made Xia Dong more motivated than ever before and he felt like he had returned to the hot-blooded youth he once was with his newfound passion for cultivation.

 

"Thank you for your compliment, Mr. Li. I'll try my best to not let you and the technique you've imparted to me down! I'll bring it to the Earth's apex to showcase the gloriousness of Mr. Li and the world of cultivati–"

 

"Dad, you're too long-winded, I started later than you and I'm already at the Foundation Establishment Realm! Oh– right! I helped Young Master Li create social media accounts on those major platforms, go follow him!"

 

Xia Qiu cut her father off and boasted her own achievements before he could give a full speech to express his enthusiasm and the future that holds for him.

 

Xia Dong's lower eyelids twitched as he looked down on the floor as if in shame from being overtaken by his own daughter– emanating a depressed aura while his rising hot-bloodedness died down significantly.

 

He took out his phone from the pocket of his pants while lamenting the gap in talent and tapped on his FaceJournal app.

 

"Sigh– Life is quite unfair… What's Mr. Li's handle on FaceJournal?"

 

Xia Qiu knew it was her time to shine; she announced it triumphantly.

 

"Hehe… I created an account for him that links across all major platforms with the same user– just search 'ImmortalLi123'. There's an official page called 'Celestial Teahouse' as well, you can find it in his personal info! Go follow that as well– follow everything!!!"

 

Li Qu heard her and faintly squinted his eyes in suspicion. Something felt off to him, but he could not guess it.

 

Xia Dong typed Li Qu's username in the search bar and his account popped up in the search with a few irrelevant results showing as well.

 

Li Qu knitted his brows and asked in doubt when he saw Xia Dong's eyes widen in shock before displaying a seemingly hesitant look on his face.

 

"Something wrong?"

 

"Mr. Li, haha… It's nothing, hold on–"

 

Xia Dong awkwardly laughed to reassure Li Qu and turned to his daughter to whisper in a soft voice.

 

"Qiu'Er– Are you sure Mr. Li agrees with you using this profile picture?"

 

"Why? What's wrong? I think it looks good!"

 

Unfortunately, it seemed that Xia Qiu was unable to read the air and replied loudly with a lack of awareness.

 

"Lil' Dong– show me your phone now."

 

Li Qu definitely knew something was definitely wrong now and asked Xia Dong to hand over his phone.

 

Xia Dong hesitated for a second before passing it over and stood a few steps away with an awkward smile while muttering under his breath to vent some unexpressed emotions welling up inside him–

 

"This daughter will be the death of me… She's really trying to shorten my lifespan…!"

 

Li Qu took the phone and looked at the profile picture– it displayed his candid face in frontal view, which would be fine with him if that was just the case.

 

However, on top of his head had a pair of spotted brown dog ears– with his mouth covered by a thick dog tongue sticking out comically.

 

He frowned and questioned Xia Qiu.

 

"What… is this abomination?! How did you capture this image of me? I look just like those dog-type beastman in Green Heaven!"

 

"Hahaha! Young Master Li, that's called a 'filter', everybody uses it and it's super fun! I snapped it when you were deep in concentration while preparing the Enlightenment Tea, hehe. Don't worry, you look cute! Right, Dad? Don't you agree?"

 

Xia Qiu laughed hard and explained to Li Qu about the special effects, assuring him that it undoubtedly looked good, meanwhile nudging Xia Dong using her shoulders– dragging her own father to accompany her in the depths of troubled waters.

 

"Ah… Haha… M-Mr. Li looks handsome irregardless of the circumstances!"

 

Xia Dong's flattery that was honed over the years in business could not really help him much in this sticky situation.

 

"...Change it before anyone sees it."

 

Li Qu was left without words at the waitress he had employed and simply asked her to change the picture before things went awry.

 

"Hehe… About that– I'm afraid it's too late~ Look at the number of followers you have now!"

 

Xia Qiu embarrassedly scratched her head and replied cheekily, she scrolled to the followers' section and showed him the numbers.

 

"Five thousand… You just created the accounts yesterday, how did it increase by so much?"

 

"It's because I shared your photos on my Tweetr's personal timeline and it went viral! Aren't you proud of me? Your FaceJournal, DigDog– every single one of your accounts on various platforms have blown up– and even now it's still increasing!"

 

Xia Qiu took out her own phone and showed Li Qu the amount of female fans he had swooning over him in her own post– a massive amount of favorites and retweets.

 

Li Qu looked at the post that Xia Qiu made in her Tweetr with a reluctant look and had a hunch that his peaceful life filled with serenity was about to be turned upside down in the near future.

 

13