Chapter 13 – Daily Mission
760 4 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 13 - Daily Mission

 

Li Qu glanced around the newly renovated teahouse while taking in the scenery that he thought was too wasteful, much too wasteful!

The floorboard was made out of wooden planks made out of Ancient Mahogany Wood that was from an extremely secret location in Green Heaven Realm.

It appeared to have a deep brown color that looked extremely classy and elegant. It had a low-key but noble feeling that if one gave a quick glance, they would feel like the wood was extremely valuable.

The floorboard was polished and was reflecting a bit of the sunlight through the glass entrance door apparently made of melted Celestial Sand that originated from Star Heaven Realm.

The tables and chairs were made of Void Mahogany Wood, it had the same outlook as the floorboards made out of Ancient Mahogany Wood besides the fact that the Void Mahogany Wood had a more solid and brighter feel to it.

 

It was located at the deeper parts of the secretive locations that were filled with dangerous beasts.

“Pure Ancient and Void Mahogany Woods… and that door! Simply a waste of materials! Hais, if the experts from all these realms were to see this view in front of me, puking blood would be the least that they would do!”

The wood material used to make the floorboards, tables and chairs, would be used by Master Smiths throughout the realm to make scabbards and hilts of deadly weapons!

It was a fact to call it a waste, but it was a flex by the System as well. It would seem like the System had an astronomical number of precious materials as it could afford to waste all these precious materials like that.

“Hmm, if that old fogey Qi Ming saw this, he would try and beat the living daylights out of me, but not that he could…”

Li Qu chuckled as he thought of the scenario where if Qi Ming came in and saw the materials used to decorate the teahouse, Qi Ming would definitely chide Li Qu for at least a whole year.

It was unfortunate that Qi Ming had passed on just a few hundred years before Li Qu did so as well.

“Hais, I should probably stop thinking so much of the past… He’s already gone.”

Li Qu reminisced at his memories with Qi Ming with a hint of sadness, but soon regained his firmness as he had the chance to start a new life, he thought that he should enjoy whatever that is to come.

Just as the old monster of a young man was reminiscing, the robotic voice of the System reminded him of his body’s age and difference in mentality and encouraged him.

[Host, stop trying to be like an old man, you are revealing your age.]

“…I’m really old, do you really think you can control me just because you are in my head?”

Li Qu slightly scorned with a hint of playfulness as he tried to test the System to see if he could provoke any sort of emotions from it and if there would be any repercussions for offending it.

It was evident that Li Qu was ever so slowly letting down his guard and going through a subtle change in his personality. His past life was too serious and monochrome.

The only one person that he could really call a ‘friend’ and reveal a few emotions to was Qi Ming, and that was after the innumerable years Li Qu lived.

As such, he could not express himself even if he wanted to. In a dog-eat-dog world, any emotions that he displayed would be judged as a weakness by his enemies there and they would capitalize on his emotions to bring harm upon him.

Although those that Li Qu deemed as enemies are already six feet under.

Li Qu was still somewhat wary of the System as he could not trust it entirely, even though the System had helped him by giving him a chance at a new life. But what if it was a trap?

Li Qu still needed time to investigate and slowly unravel the mysteries surrounding the System.

[Unlocking Daily Mission for Host!]

The System apparently ignored Li Qu’s taunt and issued something new to him.

“Daily Mission? What is that?”

Li Qu too, pretended like nothing happened and asked as he thought about the meaning of ‘Daily Mission’, was it issuing new unique missions every day? Or what was it?

[Host, the Daily Mission is a fixed Mission that refreshes every midday at 12:00pm, regardless of completion or failure. In the event of a failure, you would not be able to receive the Mission Reward for completing it that day and will be refreshed.]

“So, if I fail or in a case, forget the mission, I would not be able to redeem the rewards that is given by completing the mission within the day?”

[Host, that is correct.]

[1st Daily Mission: Light the Jade Agarwood Incense stick and place it near the dining area.]

[Time Limit: 23:59:56(Refreshes Daily)]

[Mission Reward: 100 hours inside a mini pocket realm (Timeflow 100:1) (Accumulative, can be shared.)]

[Mission Failure: Will not be able to redeem the Mission Reward.]

“Placing it in the dining area for guests? The effect of consolidating the foundation is indeed useful if one inhaled the fragrant smoke from the Jade Agarwood Incense. This mission is relatively simple, and the rewards! There is a lot of potential…”

Li Qu held his chin instead of stroking his beard and thought.

Even though the reward for completion was not the one Li Qu went previously, which was 500:1, it was good enough. It refreshed daily!

Li Qu withdrew an incense stick from the box made of Jade Agarwood and lit it up with a small ember on his fingertips that he produced and placed the incense stick on top the cashier counter that was only a few meters away from the dining area.

The cashier counter was located in between the dining area and brewing room, it was an appropriate place to put the incense stick as the System had already prepared a small rectangular wood block that had an arch with the shape of the incense stick to hold it firmly in place on the cashier counter.

[Daily Mission Complete! Reward was added to your stats, please check!]

Li Qu then summoned the interface displaying his personal information and the reward from the Daily Mission.

[Displaying Stats]

[Host: Li Qu – Personal Information]

Name: Li Qu

Race: Immortal

Cultivation: Void Immortal Realm (0.1% - Next Stage: Immortal King Realm)

Location: Hua Town 5th Street, New Yolk, Mei Country

Inventory: Jade Agarwood Incense x 2 (Sticks remaining 99), Gold Spirit Tea Recipe…

Tea Invented: -

100:1 Mini Pocket Realm Hours Accumulated: 100 Hours (Can be shared)

.… Advanced information is locked. Please work hard!

 

After having a quick look, Li Qu then proceeded to walk inside the brewing room to attempt his third mission…

 

 

 

Mahogany Wood: If you're interested you can check it out! Thanks~

20