Chapter 30 – Xia Qiu Cultivates
570 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 30 - Xia Qiu Cultivates

 

 

“Now, I have passed the cultivation method up till the peak of the Foundation Establishment Realm to you. Go to that corner and sit down cross-legged to meditate, try to discover the Spiritual Qi in the environment surrounding you. Only call me when you are done absorbing your first strand of Spiritual Qi.”

 

Li Qu instructed Xia Qiu while he took out his phone to continue on his Fish Mania, where he was a VIP level one.

 

Xia Qiu sulked at his action of whipping out the phone out of nowhere and walked towards a corner within the teahouse and sat down cross-legged.

 

She thought with excitement at finally being able to cultivate, as if she forgot about what she had just heard about her mother.

 

It seems that Xia Qiu did not hold much of an attachment towards her mother, as she had not seen her even once in her life, just photographs of her and Xia Dong, framed and placed on top of the table in her father’s bedroom.

 

‘Oh my! I’m too excited! Huuu, I need to calm down and focus!’

 

Xia Qiu gave her cheeks some light slaps to calm herself down as she proceeded to close her eyes and meditate according to the Icy Hellfire Scripture.

 

‘So, I need to ‘feel’ the Spiritual Qi that is surrounding me… Let me try.’

 

 

After about six hours…

 

Xia Qiu spent five hours trying to detect the Spiritual Qi and was so bored and exhausted, when at the sixth hour mark, she finally discovered a strand of white and orange Spiritual Qi.

 

‘I-I can finally detect one! Oh my g- I need to absorb it quickly!’

 

She hurriedly attracted the strand of Spiritual Qi towards her using a method in the scripture and successfully absorbed her first strand of Spiritual Qi.

 

Xia Qiu opened her eyes and was visibly excited as she jumped up and down on the spot, her mountains slightly trembling due to the gravity.

 

“Brother L- Young Master Li! I did it, I did it! Are you proud of me~”

 

She ran towards Li Qu as the scene of him pressing on the top up button appeared in front of her yet again.

 

Kaching!

 

The sound of a successful charge towards his bank card sounded out through his phone’s speaker.

 

Xia Qiu took a closer look at his screen and shrieked.

 

“Young Master Li! How much have you spent!!! Goodness gracious, VIP level 7?!”

 

“Little girl, you need to calm down, is not just 10,000 Mei Dollars? Stop making a big fuss.”

 

Li Qu put his phone away after he attained VIP level 7 like it was nothing and took a look at her with his Spiritual Sense.

 

‘Hmmm, she can be considered a top-tiered genius, after only five hours of absorbing a single strand.’

 

An ordinary genius in Black Heaven Realm could initially absorb a single strand of Spiritual Qi after a week, an extraordinary genius could do that in two to three days, but a top-tiered one could absorb it in just under ten hours!

 

It was not very far-fetched for a single strand, but one can imagine that once their cultivation journey commences, the speed would differ greatly and the gap would be stretched so far that it would be impossible to chase up to geniuses in terms of cultivation.

 

Unless they encounter special opportunities to change their destiny and talent to gain a special Physique, it would be tough, but such was the world of cultivators.

 

An ordinary cultivator without any special Physique or talent whatsoever would take a single week to even absorb his first strand of Spiritual Qi.

 

“B-but! It’s 10,000 Mei Dollars, that’s like my weekly allowance! It's too decadent!”

 

Xia Qiu exclaimed in surprise.

 

If the words that she uttered were heard by the common citizens, there would be a line of people waiting to invite her for a cup of tea to discuss their minimum-wage salaries.

 

Li Qu shrugged it off and waved for her to go home.

 

“It is getting late, go home and try to absorb more Spiritual Qi and break into Initial-Stage Qi Refinement Realm. You only absorbed a single strand and it is not even into your meridians yet.”

 

Xia Qiu pouted and muttered,

 

“So that’s it? You’re gonna shoo me off like that?! Sigh, dad! Your daughter is being mistreated! Bye Brother Li!”

 

Although she said that, she was still smiling as she walked towards the exit and headed towards her VMW i-10.

 

Vrooom!

 

The sound of an engine roared as she sped off into the distance.

 

 

When I take it, I’ll always return it~ When you take it, you tend to run from it~

 

The voice of a female singer sounded out from the radio in Xia Qiu’s car as she hummed along to the song while driving on the highway back to her villa in a certain area in New Yolk.

 

It was then, a gray figure jumped out of nowhere in front of her car and quickly jumped away as she stepped on her emergency brake from being startled.

 

Screeeeech!

 

The sharp screech from the brake reverberated on the highway when a continuous sound of cars braking echoed out in succession behind her.

 

“Hey, what the f*ck is your problem!”

 

“Are you stupid?! Do you not know how to drive?!”

 

The drivers rolled down their window and popped their heads out to scold the reckless driver that almost caused a chain accident.

 

“S-Sorry! Something jumped out in front of me all of a sudden!”

 

Xia Qiu hurriedly apologized as she was embarrassed by herself, but she thought deeply while she sped off again.

 

‘That thing, what d*mn thing was that?! That was too strange!’

 

That strange gray silhouette then landed in an alleyway and walked out to a row of pubs not long after that incident.

 

He looked at the two drunkards in front of him and said with a teasing smile,

 

“Well, well, well, what are you guys from the Shadow Bureau doing so late in the night? Aren’t you scared of the dark?”

 

The two then looked at the gray silhouette in front of them, but they soon recognized the figure as they turned serious and sobered up immediately.

 

“Who in the hell are you? F*cker from the Church Of Cha- Mmmphmm!”

 

As one of them tried to ask for the identity of the figure dressed in a Church Of Chaos uniform, the man covered the mouth of both of them and dragged them in the alleyway.

 

“Hahaha, you asked for my name? I’ll tell you.”

 

As he laughed, he took out two black daggers with an insignia in the middle from his storage belt, the two had no way to resist as his gloves contained a numbing agent that would react instantly when inhaled.

 

He then stabbed it into their necks and said in an amusing tone,

 

“My name is Jeff. Remember my name in the afterlife.”

 

The vision of the two soon turned black, they caught their last glimpse of Jeff Moon jumping out of their field of vision as they choked on their own blood and went unconscious forever.

 

17