Chapter 36 – Cal Cal
462 6 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 36 - Cal Cal

 

 

It was the first time for Melian Aelfis to witness the revered Nature Goddess so flustered and full of fear at the mere mention of a name that she could not understand.

 

Plop!

 

Cal Cal fell on the ground and landed on her butt as she shivered when the word ‘Karmic Banisher’ was uttered from Li Qu’s mouth.

 

It seemed like she had heard of it from somewhere before and was aware of what that title meant.

 

It was an understandable reaction. After all, she had not heard of this name for so long and someone on Earth had suddenly mentioned it out of nowhere.

 

“H-H-How do you know of that name! ‘He’ was already dead 10,000 years ago!”

 

Li Qu heard something crucial and his smile was erased.

 

‘10,000 years… It only felt like a few hours when I was unconscious, but to think that 10,000 years had gone by!’

 

He began to question the flustered Cal Cal.

 

“Hooh? You seem to know me, little elf. But are you sure about what you said? This is not something to joke about.”

 

Li Qu had tried to ask the System how long he had spent being unconscious, but the System was quiet as if it did not hear him, it was pretty obvious to him that he could not get information regarding that from it.

 

“Of course! He was reported by the Cultivator Times to be dead 10,000 years ago! I was only 500 years old when I read that article. I remember it very clearly as my Royal Mother cried out loud while reading it!”

 

Cal Cal thought back to the times where she peeked at her mother crying softly in her own room as she held onto the crumpled Cultivator Times tightly.

 

She crept inside the room to steal the piece of newspaper when her mother was asleep and took a look at the front page to see the headline displaying the news of the Karmic Banisher entering eternal slumber.

 

Cal Cal took a deep breath and regained her composure as the Nature Goddess.

 

She then stood up to stare at Li Qu.

 

“I don’t know why I told you so much and I don’t know how you know of my origin but you certainly look like you know your stuff.”

 

“Oh? You seem to hold doubt towards me.”

 

Li Qu shifted his gaze to the beautiful silver-haired elf as he looked on playfully.

 

“‘That’ person is already dead 10,000 years ago. How could you even claim to be him?! My Royal Mother secretly visits his grave every five hundred years to pay respect!”

 

He then thought back to the youthful exotic beauty when he first met her as he smiled, she had matured into a motherly femme fatale after countless of years ever since that incident.

 

Li Qu’s mind focused back on the present as he drew a symbol in mid-air with his index finger as two portals appeared beside him, heavy metallic objects seemed to appear as they slammed on the floor.

 

Clanggggg!

 

The sound of heavy chains rang out as it was dragged on the ground beside Li Qu, he waved his hands and the chain flashed towards Cal Cal and bound her tightly.

 

The chains were so fast that Cal Cal, with her cultivation base at the Celestial Immortal Realm, could not even react in time, even if she tried to move.

 

She had recognized the chains instantly after it appeared from the portals.

 

“T-This is the Karmic Chain!!! L-Let me go!”

 

“Little elf, I want to know how you got here.”

 

Cal Cal struggled and gave up resisting after she had heard about the powers of the Karmic Chain, deep down she already believed in Li Qu the moment the chains appeared.

 

But there was an important thing to note.

 

Melian Aelfis was still there.

 

“Can you put me down first! I-I’m losing face in front of my people!”

 

“Apologize to me for your doubt first.”

 

“P-Please! Your Excellency… Don’t do this to me! My mother respects you!”

 

Cal Cal was anxious as she was being teased. Or in her terms, humiliated.

 

“Apologize.”

 

“...”

 

“I’m sorry, okay?! I’m sorry! Wahhhhh!”

 

Her tears dripped as she could not take the embarrassment of being seen by Melian Aelfis anymore.

 

The tribe leader just stood there dumbstruck in a daze as to what was going on.

 

Li Qu snapped his fingers as the chains unwinded from her and withdrew back into the portals as they slowly faded away into nothingness.

 

Cal Cal sat on the ground once again as she wiped her flowing tears and wailed.

 

“Y-You know how long I took to build up my image in front of them?! Wahhh, Your Excellency!!! You’re too awful!”

 

At this point, her mind was too occupied by her embarrassment to even remember that the Karmic Banisher was in front of her.

 

The name that could make people tremble at the mere mention of it and cause evil demons to tuck their tails between their legs and escape.

 

It could be seen that Cal Cal still had the temperament of a little child. Elves mature extremely slowly, even at the age of above 10,000, she was still young at heart and in mind.

 

Li Qu ignored her wailings and said with a slight chuckle, acting like an old man.

 

“The way you are right now really resembles your mother.”

 

Cal Cal’s long ears perked up at the mention of the Karmic Banisher and her mother with a feeling of being able to hear some gossip.

 

She was still tearing up but her ears had betrayed her true feelings, she then asked while still sniffing.

 

“How… Sniff- How did Your Excellency and my Royal Mother meet?”

 

“I want to know how you got here first.”

 

Li Qu was truly curious as to how Cal Cal got here, he himself got here by a pebble, and it took 10,000 years, although it was like a blink of an eye for him when he was unconscious.

 

“You said ‘first’? Promise me!”

 

Melian Aelfis was baffled at the whole situation, the Nature Goddess that she and her tribesmen knew of was that of a holy and untouchable existence.

 

Only the other elders would know of her true personality, but they were all in seclusion, recovering from their injuries deeper inside the dimension.

 

It was truly an astonishing but lovely sight for the tribe leader, her maternal instincts kicked in when looking at how Cal Cal cried like a child.

 

She wanted to hug the Nature Goddess and hold her in her embrace while comforting her and patting her back.

 

She had a thought that the Nature Goddess was just like them after all.

 

14