Chapter 43 – Trouble Comes Knocking
395 4 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 43 - Trouble Comes Knocking

 

 

Time flew like an arrow and a few days went by mundanely.

 

Xia Qiu reported to work as per usual, and Paul Chan– the self-proclaimed tea connoisseur, had been visiting the Celestial Teahouse for the past few days, addicted to the taste and boost of power that it gave.

 

On this day, however, Paul Chan entered the teahouse with proud steps, his fats jiggling like a blob and sat down at his usual spot, the corner table near the cashier counter.

 

Xia Qiu was used to his extroverted antics and merely glanced at him with boredom, she sighed and walked to him to take his orders.

 

“Sigh– as per usual? I feel like brewing a whole pot for you is a waste!”

 

The brewed pot of Gold Spirit Tea could only be served as a complete set– the Qi and sincerity from the Tea Heart were intertwined together, forming a harmonious link that would break apart otherwise.

 

Although the taste would remain the same– if the Gold Spirit Tea leaves were separated, it would disperse and would not have the magical effects of increasing power anymore.

 

It was just like a Blacksmith from the Star Heaven Realm carving intricate Rune Formations on their Spiritual Weapons– if any of those carvings were engraved separately, the power it originally contained would be nullified.

 

Another example would be like a coder; when even one letter or symbol was keyed in incorrectly or misplaced, the entire sequence and structure would not function normally.

 

Paul Chan used his middle finger to push up his glasses, his glasses seemed to reflect light and shined out of nowhere as he gave a smirk of utmost confidence.

 

“Hehe, Miss Xia Qiu, you have underestimated me. For I have broken through to become a Phase 5 Evolver! You know what that means? It means I can consume a full pot of the magical tea! Lo and behold at the future savior of mankind, yours truly!”

 

Xia Qiu rolled her eyes in contempt at the fat man asking and answering his own questions.

 

“I really didn’t expect the director of a hospital to suffer from *Eighth Grade Syndrome, maybe you should get it checked? Anyways, one pot of Gold Spirit Tea, coming right up.”

(A.N: *Eighth Grade Syndrome; or Chuunibyou- a term for people who desperately want to stand out, convinced themselves that they have hidden knowledge or powers. Basically delusional.)

 

She took the 5 Bio-Cores from Paul Chan and left it on the cashier counter as per usual. She walked in the brewing room and prepared a pot of Gold Spirit Tea.

 

Ever since she had acquired the Tea Heart, Li Qu had assigned her the task of brewing and serving tea to the customers.

 

Li Qu was as idle as can be, he smiled at the scene of her being independent and him not having to do anything.

 

In the meantime, Paul Chan approached Li Qu and bowed in greeting.

 

“Good afternoon, Boss Li. I wonder how business has been these few days?”

 

Paul Chan was curious, the teahouse only had him, a single customer, every time he came in.

 

Li Qu looked up at Paul Chan while lazing on his chair and nonchalantly replied in short concise words.

 

“Other than you, no one else.”

 

Paul Chan rubbed his palms back and forth, he smiled and engaged in small talks tactfully, seemingly having a motive behind it

 

“Ah... However, I must say– the effects of consolidation from the incense stick is simply wonderful! Though... I wonder, would Boss Li be interested in an idea that I’ve thought of?”

 

Li Qu raised one of his eyebrows in interest as he signaled with his chin slightly upwards for Paul Chan to continue.

 

“An idea? Go on, I am listening.”

 

Paul Chan’s smile grew wider from Li Qu's willingness to listen and he pitched his idea to him.

 

“Haha, it’s nothing much but truthfully, I’m friends with the general manager of the Misherin Guide, the one that gives out Misherin Stars to famous restaurants and f&b outlets–”

 

“Get to the point.”

 

Li Qu disliked people beating around the bush; his precious time could be used to catch fishes with his awesome red dragon cannon.

 

Paul Chan scratched the back of his head, he gave an abashed smile and admitted.

 

“Haha, I’m embarrassed. But it's like this– the 5 Bio-Cores daily is quite taxing to my finances if I’m going to drink it daily. Hence, I’m proposing to recommend your teahouse to him for a photoshoot in exchange for a week’s worth of Gold Spirit Tea… What do you think, Boss Li?”

 

Although Paul Chan was the Director of the New Yolk’s Salvation Hospital and was decently wealthy, one should remember that a single Bio-Core could be equivalent to 50,000 Mei Dollars.

 

250,000 Mei Dollars for a pot of Gold Spirit Tea every single day would be taxing even on a multimillionaire like Paul Chan himself.

 

“Truly absurd, do you think I would seek fame? Do not bother me with all this nonsense next time.”

 

Li Qu coldly scoffed and shooed him away, Paul Chan wiped his sweat as he apologized and walked back to his seat dejectedly.

 

However, things were not always what they seemed– out of a sudden, Li Qu called out to him with a fake cough to catch his attention just a few seconds after he sat down.

 

“Ahem! Hmmm hold on, on second thought, I accept your proposal.”

 

Paul Chan thought he had misheard at first, but he knew Li Qu was not the type of person that liked to repeat what he said and grew visibly happy with a silly smile.

 

“I’m truly grateful for Boss Li’s consideration, I’ll inform him by the end of the day and let you know by tomorrow!”

 

Paul Chan hurriedly stood up and bowed with his fats bouncing from the quick movement.

 

Li Qu simply just waved his hand to dismiss the matter and went back to his game.

 

As for the reason why Li Qu changed his mind?

 

The System decided to make its presence known to him just as he chided Paul Chan to stop his nonsense by issuing an abrupt mission.

 

[Host, to make Celestial Teahouse the best in the world, we must not reject advertisements!]

 

[Issuing Sudden Mission!]

 

[Sudden Mission: Accept Paul Chan’s recommendation for a photoshoot to boost the Celestial Teahouse’s fame!]

 

[Time Limit: 00:59s]

 

[Mission Failure by rejection: Regress to Peak-Stage Origin Immortal Realm (2 Major Realms below)]

 

[Mission Reward: 10% increase in cultivation - Current Cultivation: Initial-Stage Void Immortal Realm (0.32% - Next Realm: Immortal King Realm)]

 

Without even needing to look at the Mission Reward, Li Qu saw the penalty for failure and would not risk dropping two major realms to test the authenticity of it for now, he immediately called out to Paul Chan right after a few seconds.

 

A few minutes later, Xia Qiu walked out and gave Paul Chan his pot of tea; she then walked towards the cashier counter and dragged a chair nearby to sit beside Li Qu to cheekily bug him.

 

“Hey, Young Master Li! You said I have a teacher? When is he coming?!– I’ve just stepped into the Initial-Stage Qi Refinement Realm~ Are you proud of me–”

 

Dong!

 

Just as Xia Qiu was chattering non-stop, the sound of the glass entrance door pushing open from with heavy strength rang out– a heavily tattooed person walked in with big strides and a crazed smile.

 

It was fortunate that the glass was made from a sufficiently strong material and was intact, albeit slightly vibrating from the force of the push.

 

He declared loudly– heads in the teahouse turned towards him, each with varied disapproving emotions.

 

“So, this is the teahouse they were talking about! You– the f*cking waiter! Come here and serve me obediently!”

 

The person sat down, wagged his fingers towards Li Qu sitting beside the cashier counter and called him towards where he was sitting; imitating how an owner would beckon their dog.

 

Xia Qiu had frowned when she heard the derogatory remarks from the person and wanted to retort, but when she turned and looked at Li Qu to see how he would react first, she instantly felt goosebumps and shivered slightly.

 

Li Qu slowly looked up from his phone and coldly stared at the tattooed person with a murderous smile that might look amicable and friendly to the unknown while uttering words that did not match his current expression.

 

“Ant, are you tired of living?”

 

It seemed like the Styx river would have another despairing soul in its collection today.

 

13