EP 2- The Ambition, The Greed
28 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After your bizarre discovery, you are eager to unveil more secrets. You are eager to witness something that only you can remember and talk about for the rest of your life. The contents, the ecosystems, everything this cave holds…fuels your desire to be a little selfish and not share these discoveries with the public.

You know the moment that the cave gets exposed to the public it will become nothing but a mere attraction for wealthy, self-absorbed tourists. You don’t want that…you don’t want that at all. The thought of this beautiful cave mother nature hid discreetly in the depths of the overgrown Amazon Forest being made an exhibition...made you furious. It’s as if you’re purpose was now to protect this cave. It felt so comforting, so warm, so welcoming…it felt like home. You could wonder the cave for days without eating or drinking, and simply suffer from no hunger, thirst or fatigue. All you would concentrate on…was breathing, simply taking in every moment and every second of each encounter. You blabber to yourself all these rants.

It's as if the voices in your head were telling you the cave was awaiting your presence. You take a few steps away from the wall that had those mesmerizing paintings on them. You felt like this cave…must have more of this. It must have the remains of something, something that explains the story of the inhabitants of the Amazon. Not only could you solve something, but you might also stumble across some valuable ancient treasures. The thought of this cave having many trinkets and ruins perched somewhere between rocky terrain made you excited. It had you smiling from ear to ear, chuckling as you picture yourself standing before something so old and prehistoric. These discoveries might fuel your desires as an archeologist. You’ve been searching for so long…so long that you notice how quickly days become weeks, weeks become months and months become years.

You snap out of your rousing thoughts. You immediately turn your back and start pacing forward. You see an opening and start heading towards it. It seemed to have led to you to a slope.

 You seat your body down at the crest of it and sailed to the bottom gracefully. The stalactite of the cave seems to be higher than before, and the walls extended so far, they vanished in the shadows. You quickly looked down and realized your feet were drenched in freezing cold water, the water seemed to be blue and shallow. It had a gleaming light piercing through currents of the water. You attempt to locate the source of light but just can’t seem to find it. You begin striding through the water, fighting the dense mass the water had on your feet. As the stalactite of the cave started to drop, a swarm of fireflies accompanied you on your voyage. They seemed to radiate every corner around you, guiding you through the dusk that went on for miles. After what had seemed for ages, a beam of light strikes your face. Suddenly the swarm of fireflies that accompanied you flew off into the abyss.

You’re slightly intimidated but you’re not letting anything deprive you of those secrets.

0