Chapter 48 Case 7 Aftermath
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the raid a shockwave was sent through the city. Regarding the historic crackdown on the hidden saloon. Which had been something of an open secret. As the cover story on the raid, was that they had gotten fed up with the brazen violation of prohibition.

This annoyed many, including the mayor. Though no one complained publicly. Instead, they muttered their annoyance.

Ethan Fletcher was stubborn and refused to say anything. Revealing his true nature as an insane zealot. Something that surprised Lucia, considering how good he managed to hide it.

Though unfortunately it meant that they got no information out of him or anyone else that was captured. Leaving the investigation in lull. Until more information can be found on Martin Vance.

Though a week after the raid a new situation develops, Causing William Moody and part of the Bureau to tackle a different case. As a series of strange attacks have struck across New Jersey and they have been called to investigate.

July 15th, 1921 - Lucia’s perspective

 

It's been a week since the raid on Fletchers gentlemen's club and we are still no closer to finding out any concrete information on Vance. Other than the fact that he operates in the Superb North of Boston. Alongside some vague details and some encoded messages. Which will take time to decode.

 

Right now, I am looking at applications for a staffing department. To take over the recruiting duties. As I don’t have enough contacts to hire people. Without having to use my families' workers. Which I doubt my parents would be particularly happy, if I poached from them.

So, for now, I am looking for someone to head up a recruiter and a talent scout. For more senior and obscure positions. Namely the researchers regarding the occult. As even if I know a lot about the occult. I can’t assume that it all transfers over. There is also so much that I can do.

Meaning that I don’t have the time to handle the research and analyzation of occult material. Alongside giving me limited time to train the analysts we have hired. Who I am having to train from scratch. Which is a grueling task, with my limited time.

Which presents one of the greatest problems that I am facing is that I have no connections to any friendly magical communities and frankly other than the previous groups that have worked with the U.S government. Which I plan on looking into, I have no clue where to look.

 

Though my thoughts are interrupted by my phone. Which I promptly respond with the standard greeting that I give to phone calls. As there is unfortunately no way to know who is calling before I answer the phone. 

 

“This is Director Flynn; I have a case for you to look in. There are strange rumors permeating out of the New Jersey Pinelands. It is responsible for the disappearance of livestock and general mischief. Though recently it is said to be responsible for the disappearance of several teens. That has changed the situation, as it was one thing if this alleged creature that the residents have named the Jersey Devil, had merely harassed residents and killed a few cattle. Though now that it has attacked humans, we must take this case more seriously. Now with the B.O.S.A, we have a way to look into this case. As it is right up your alley. Any questions?” Flynn briefed.


“Several, though not all are pertaining to this case. Though I will start with the questions that do. First what is our cover, as we may need to interact with the locals. Also, I will not be able to personally lead this mission as there another case that is more pressing.” Lucia asks.

“Tell them that your team is a Boi, task force sent to look into the recent disappearances. You have my persimmon to do so. We will also get around to getting badges for your men. Now can you brief me on the case you our currently working on. “Flynn responds. Which I do, as I brief the cases surrounding Professor Blair and Fletcher.

 

“Concerning, your right though that case does server your attention. I will have the Boston office look into Martin Vance and send you any information that we may find on him.” Flynn answers.

 

“Thank you, on to my next question can you put me in contact with the magical forces that have worked with the U.S government has worked with before. As while I know about the occult. I don’t have the time to focus on it as a dedicated researcher. There is also only so much I can teach people about it. So we need more people skilled in the occult. “Lucia report.


“That makes since, and I am not opposed though the I don’t think that the organizations we hired from Europe will agree. However, there are a few individuals in the U.S that will agree or at least be willing to point you in the right direction.” Flynn responds.

 

“Thank you, that's all that I can ask for.” Lucia says. Before the conversation goes into several more regular topics about the bureau.

 

The call lasted no more than 15 minutes afterword; Lucia had her secretary bring William to her office.

 

“You called ma’am,” William greets.

“Yes, I have a mission for you, prepare a team. You are heading to New Jersey. I will have a boat commissioned to bring your cars and gear there.” Lucia briefs, continuing on in a Indepth briefing. Before she releases William to assemble his team.

The last part may or may not be turned into a mini case. something that this phone call with Director Flynn was originally apart of. Though as I wrote it, I realized that it is frankly a bit bland. So, while I may or may not post it. It still happened regardless.

 

 

0