Vol: 2 Ch: 20: Space Bound
320 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

November 14th, Kame House

 

Since Gohan had returned home the day before they had to leave for Namek, because his mom had wanted him to come back to pick up his belongings, she also gave him a haircut, she had wanted to give him a bowl cut but he managed to convince her cut it kind of like his dads. She also made him wear, a nice suit, that made Gohan feel uncomfortable, but he had made his own outfit which he hid from her.

Gohan was in the car flying back to Master Roshi’s house, with his mother and his grandfather, he could see everyone as they got started to land on the island, “Wow that’s a big ship. Hopefully, there is enough room for everything.” Ox King said. Once the car landed the Ox King started to unload everything Chi-Chi packed for Gohan.

Gohan got out of the car and greeted everyone, after they laughed at his suit, “You guys be careful, out there you never know what you are going to encounter remember your training now.” Master Roshi said, before shaking Krillin’s hand.

Bulma went to the ship and said, “Piccolo.” This caused the ship to lower a platform, that they could get on. After they got on and Ox King loaded everything Chi-Chi packed for, they said their goodbyes to everyone. “Piccolo.” Bulma said as the platform slowly raised up leading them inside the ship.

Once, inside they looked around amazed at the inside of the ship, there were a couple of seats, a huge window in front of the pilot seat, and a door behind them, “Where do we put our stuff?” Krillin asked,

“Just throw it in a corner, sit down and buckle up we are leaving now.” Bulma said as she sat down in the pilot seat and started the ship as it took off quickly.

The ship started shaking as it left the earth’s atmosphere causing everything that Chi-Chi packed to start flying around the inside of the ship before hitting the surroundings causing them to open. After, a few seconds the ship stabilized and all that could be seen from the window of the ship was the blackness of space with the whites of the stars. “It should be smooth sailing from here on out, I put the ship on autopilot, so clean up this mess.” Bulma said as she got up from her seat and looked back at them.

Gohan, got up from his seat and looked out the window amazed that he could no longer see the earth. “Ok, Gohan I guess it’s time to start cleaning up.” Krillin said looking at Gohan.

“Give me a minute I need to change.” Gohan said looking forward to getting out of the clothes his mother made him wear. Gohan opened a bag that he had packed and hidden from his mom, inside it was a dark purple gi, red belt, red wrist bands, and brown shoes, his outfit was identical to Piccolos.

“Wow, you really respect Piccolo.” Krillin asked looking Gohan,

“Yeah, about as much as I respect my dad.” Gohan responded with a smile, when Bulma came out of the back room where she had changed out of the space suit she was wearing earlier.

--

The group had fallen into a routine over the days that they had been travelling, Bulma would lounge around reading, eating, and drinking, while Gohan and Krillin would train whenever Gohan finished his homework. They trained in something the Krillin said was called Image Training it was a form of training that could be used anywhere, you had to imagine yourself fighting imaginary foes, it would allow you to see how a battle would play out against that person.

Gohan and Krillin were sitting down, with their eyes closed, Image Training against each other, Gohan was in a defensive position looking around trying to find Krillin, when he appeared and attacked Gohan.

Gohan blocked Krillin’s punches with his forearms, when Krillin vanished and tried to kick Gohan in the back, but Gohan blocked it too as he put some distance between himself and Krillin.

Krillin followed Gohan and fired of two energy beams at Gohan who fired off two of his own to counter Krillin’s. The beams collided and canceled each other out, then Krillin appeared behind Gohan and landed a kick on Gohans back sending him flying.

Gohan did a somersault and turned around and fired a ki blast at Krillin who was trying to land a follow up attack. Krillin barely managed to dodge the blast when Gohan disappeared and then attacked Krillin from above landing a hit on Krillin’s head.

When Gohan tired to follow up Krillin dodged and landed a punch on Gohan sending him flying backwards as Krillin threw a Destructo Disk at Gohan who dodged it and fired a Saturday Crush at Krillin in response.

Krillin managed to dodge the attack and then he used something called the Multi Form technique it allowed you to split yourself into three or four other selves. Krillin split himself into there as he fired three Kamehameha’s at Gohan who barely managed to dodge them by firing a ki blast at the ground sending him flying in the air as he countered with his own Kamehameha which hit one of the Krillins making that one disappear.

The other two Krillins attacked Gohan together as Gohan defended himself against both of their attacks. Gohan was being pushed back as he was dodging and blocking both of their attacks when he managed to grab one of the Krillins fist and swing him into the other one.

Gohan then put some distance between himself and the two Krillins when he fired a Masenko at both causing them to jump up to avoid the attack, Gohan then disappeared and fired another Saturday Crush at one of the Krillins, causing that one to disappear as well, leaving only one Krillin left.

The last Krillin then appeared behind Gohan and tried to punch him, but Gohan blocked it with his knee, and he then used that foot to kick Krillin away where Gohan fired a Special Beam Cannon at Krillin as he was sent flying backwards.

Once Gohan had defeated the last Krillin, the Image Training was done, as Gohan opened his eyes. Gohan looked at Krillin who was sitting down across from him as he tried to control his breathing, “Man, Gohan you have some awesome moves, Piccolo and Raditz did a good job training you. We should probably train like this everyday if we want to be ready for Vegeta.” Krillin said looking at Gohan with a smile.

“Yeah, you are right, we should keep training so that we don’t get lazy and so that we can get stronger. Speaking of that, Krillin can you teach me the Destructo Disk.” Gohan asked

“Yeah, sure… how about once we get back to earth, I teach it to you. Image Training isn’t really a suitable way to learn new techniques.” Krillin said looking at Gohan with a smile.

 While Gohan and Krillin were cleaning up the ship Bulma turned to look at them, “Hey, I’ve been meaning to ask you do you know what happened to that saiyan. If I remember correctly the saiyans home planet was destroyed so where would that saiyan go to recover.” Bulma asked

“My Uncle Raditz said that they worked for someone named Frieza, that’s who they would take over and sale planets for, maybe Vegeta went to one of his planets.” Gohan said looking at Bulma

“Yeah, maybe you are right Gohan. Well, wherever he is let’s hope it’s far away from Namek.” Bulma said looking at the window of the ship.

“Hey, Gohan did Raditz tell you anything about this Frieza guy?” Krillin asked, looking at Gohan,

“Not much he just told me that he is incredibly strong and evil.” Gohan responded

“He must be very strong if was able to get Vegeta and that Nappa guy to work for him, well hopefully we never meet him, and that he never comes to earth.” Krillin said.

---

Age 762, December 18th,

One day while Gohan and Krillin were relaxing, Bulma called out to them, “Guys, look outside we finally made it!” Gohan and Krillin ran to the window of the ship, Gohan saw what he could only describe as a big beautiful, green planet.

____

(AN: Like I said before this chapter marks the end of the Vegeta saga, it also marks the end of Volume 2. I’m planning on splitting the entire Namek saga into to two parts or volumes like the anime did, the first one will cover everything from landing until they get their wishes and the second one will mostly cover the fight against Frieza. Gohan’s new hairstyle is the one he had post time chamber. I liked that one so I decided instead of the bowl cut he had on Namek he would have that hair style earlier.)

10