Vol: 4 Ch: 38: Last Resort
178 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Goku and Frieza floated facing each other as the wind blew and rustled Goku’s hair and his clothes which had some damage, “This is the calm before the storm.” Krillin said looking up at both of them, with worry

“Yeah, just look at them… the outcome of this battle will affect the entire universe.” Piccolo said as Goku and Frieza stayed facing each other without moving.

“Why don’t we get things started I have better things to do than spend my time staring at you.” Goku said

“Haha... aren’t you something else… killing you will be delightful.” Frieza said with a smile

Frieza and Goku flew to an island and landed facing each other before Goku took off his orange shirt leaving on his blue undershirt. Goku started to stretch his legs and do some headstand pushups as he finished stretching, he started cracking his knuckles.

Frieza then crossed his arms in front of him as started at Goku with a smile, before Goku launched himself at Frieza as he tired to punch Frieza in the face. Frieza then dodged the punch as he started throwing kicks as he flew forward towards Goku who did backflips dodging them, Frieza kept his arms crossed in front of him as he kicked towards Goku.

Goku then started a counterattack as Frieza just dodged the punches and kicks Goku threw at him, when Frieza used his tail to slap Goku, Frieza delivered one last slap with his tail sending Goku flying towards a mountain.

Goku managed to stabilize himself as he launched himself back into the air before he landed on a cliff as Frieza slowly flew until he was behind Goku. “Come on Goku you can do this.” Krillin said looking at the battle.

“Frieza seems faster than my dad doesn’t he Piccolo.” Gohan asked as he was able to see Frieza and his dads’ movements a little.

“Yeah, it seems like it kid… and I don’t like it.” Piccolo said looking at Goku and Frieza

“There’s no need to worry Goku’s got this.” Krillin said sounding hopeful

“We just have to wait and see.” Piccolo said

Goku jumped off the cliff he was on and charged towards Frieza as they both vanished and started fighting at a speed that Gohan and the others couldn’t keep up with. The only thing they could see was the impacts from their clashes as the terrain around them started braking apart in certain areas.

There were certain times that they were able to see the fight as they slowed down enough to counterattack. Frieza and Goku appeared again as Goku had Frieza’s tail in his hands as he struggled to keep hold of Frieza. Goku then started spinning around in place while holding on to Frieza tail as he spun them both around before he let go of Frieza sending him flying towards a mountain.

Goku tried to attack Frieza again as he moved towards where Frieza was heading, when Frieza disappeared, Goku began looking around for Frieza who had appeared behind Goku and used his tail to start choking Goku. Goku then bit Frieza’s tail causing him to let as Goku started his counterattack.

Goku started punching Frieza in the stomach repeatedly where he followed up with a kick to Frieza’s stomach. Frieza then punched Goku in the face sending Goku onto the ground sliding backwards as Goku got back up.

Goku and Frieza stood staring at each other, “I guess they’re in no hurry to get started again.” Krillin said looking at the battle

“Yeah, but Goku always seems to be the man to bet on when you need him the most.” Piccolo said

“Do you think my dad can win this one as well Piccolo.” Gohan asked as he looked on in amazement

“It’s hard to tell Gohan… both of their powers are far behind what we can imagine.” Piccolo said

Gohan looked back at his father and Frieza as they stood staring at each other, “Do you think I can reach that level of power someday Piccolo.” Gohan asked looking at Piccolo as he felt something deep inside him craving for that same type of power so that he can protect everything he cares about.

“…Yeah, kid you can… but it won’t be easy you will have to train harder than ever to be able to reach that type of power. I’ll help you train as long as you still wish to train Gohan.” Piccolo said looking at Gohan with a smile.

“Thank you, Piccolo.” Gohan said smiling at Piccolo

“I thought you wanted to be a scholar, Gohan?”  Krillin asked looking at Gohan

“…Yeah, I still do but I’ve been thinking that if I want to pursue my dreams, I need to be strong enough so that I can make them a reality.” Gohan said as he looked at Krillin with determination in his eyes.

“That’s a good answer Gohan, once we make it back home, I’ll train you whenever you wish too so that you can become strong enough to follow and protect your dreams.” Piccolo said looking at Gohan with pride.

“Wow, with that attitude Gohan, you’re making me want to train hard too… so that I don’t get left behind. Hope you don’t mind a second training partner Piccolo.” Krillin said as he looked at Gohan and then at Piccolo with a smile.

“Heh… the more the marrier.” Piccolo said with a chuckle, “But first Goku has to defeat Frieza.” Piccolo said as turned his attention back onto the battle

“Did you guys notice that as well… Frieza’s power level rose even more…” Krillin said looking at where the battle was taking place.

Goku then vanished and appeared behind Frieza as he tried to attack him by inching slowly behind him, as Frieza made an energy ball appeared in his hand causing Goku to back up slowly. Frieza then stopped gathering energy as the energy ball disappeared,

Frieza had disappeared, and his father flew backwards as Frieza appeared to have elbowed Goku in the face. Frieza vanished again as Goku fell and stopped his fall with his arm as Frieza grabbed Goku’s neck with his tail again as he elbowed Goku in the stomach causing him to fall on his knees clutching his stomach in pain.

“Oh no Goku.” Krillin said

Goku was still on the ground clutching his stomach in pain, as he slowly got back up and attacked Frieza, who had disappeared again, as Goku tried to attack him, but he dodged the attack. Goku then tried to attack Frieza again, but he dodged it and counterattacked with a kick to Goku, sending him flying backwards as Frieza followed with a double axe handle to Goku’s stomach.

Goku flew down to the ground as Frieza appeared underneath him and punched his back, then slammed him with his tail sending Goku flying again. Goku managed to stabilize himself as he vanished and tried to attack Frieza, but Frieza had vanished again. Frieza appeared behind Goku again as he slapped him with his tail again; Goku would continue to try and hit Frieza, but Frieza would vanish before Goku could land a hit.

Goku was too slow to hit Frieza as all of Frieza’s attacks would land on Goku; Frieza seemed like he was toying with Goku. Frieza was beating Goku around like a ball before he slammed Goku into the ocean, as Frieza landed on an island Goku jumped out and of the water panting.

Goku chased after Frieza again as Frieza flew backwards into a mountain Goku tried to punch Frieza, but he missed as the mountain was destroyed by Goku’s punch causing a cloud of dust to form. Gohan and the others couldn’t see what was going on in the cloud of smoke, but they could somewhat feel what was going on and things didn’t look good.

“We might have to step in and help, so be ready.” Piccolo said looking worried

“You think so Piccolo.” Krillin asked looking on at the battle in worry

Before Piccolo could answer the force from the impacts of Goku and Frieza’s attacks sent shockwaves all the way to where Gohan and the others were standing. The shockwaves made it hard for Gohan and the others to stand as they were pushed back a little.

Frieza was beating Goku around when Goku managed to put some distance between him and Frieza, Frieza then raised two fingers putting energy into them as they glowed purple Frieza then swung his fingers down as a crescent shaped attack flew towards Goku.

Frieza’s attack managed to split everything it encountered in two, “… Wow… what power.” Krillin said looking at the destruction the attack caused

Gohan was similarly shocked at the power Frieza displayed, “Goku might have realized that Frieza is so much stronger than him.” Piccolo said as he stared at Frieza and Goku in shock.

Frieza then flew and landed in front of Goku before he vanished as Goku got hit by Frieza at such high speed that Gohan and the others couldn’t see anything but the impacts on Goku. Goku fell to the ground as he struggled to get back up Frieza grabbed Goku by the neck with his tail as he tossed Goku into the ocean.

Frieza then appeared above Goku’s head as he tried to get out of the water, Frieza held Goku down trying to drown him; the water around Frieza started to heat up as steam rose around him, as water and steam exploded upwards as Goku emerged from the water shouting.

Goku was then covered in a red arura, as the red arura increased in size Goku flew towards Frieza and punched him sending him flying backwards. Frieza managed to escape Goku’s counterattack by flying upwards, but Goku fired a Kamehameha at Frieza who was struggling to hold the attack back.

There was an explosion from where Frieza and the Kamehameha were as the smoke cleared from the explosion, Frieza emerged from the smoke with little damage. “It looks like King Kai was right Frieza is too strong.” Piccolo said looking at Frieza.

Goku then landed on the ground, Frieza then looked at the hand he used to block the Kamehameha before he flew back down to the ground and landed in front of Goku. Goku was panting as Frieza launched himself headfirst into Goku sending him flying backwards, into the ground.

Goku struggled to get back up as Frieza casually walked towards him and stared down at him before he started beating Goku again. Goku managed to get back up as he raised both arms above his head as Frieza and the others just stared at him in surprise.

“What is Goku doing, why is he just standing there with his arms up?” Piccolo asked looking at Goku in surprise

“He must be trying to use the Spirt Bomb, it’s an attack that draws energy from every living thing on the planet, which might be the only thing that can stop Frieza” Krillin explained

“It looks like Goku is pulling out all the stops now.” Piccolo said looking from Krillin back to Goku.

3