Vol: 6 Ch: 52: Detective Gohan
184 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gohan was flying back home after dropping off Bulma and Yajirobe off at Bulma’s house, he saw Future Trunks, and Krillin, carrying Goku into a plane as Yamcha was carrying a futon and some blankets into the plane. Chi-Chi walked out of the house with Good Launch carrying some bags. Raditz came out of the house holding Ginnie’s hand with one hand and carrying some more bags in the other as he looked up and saw Gohan flying towards them.

“Hey, Gohan, what took you so long?” Raditz asked looking up as Ginnie let go of his hand and walked up to Gohan as he landed.

“…Gohan up.” Ginnie said as she held her hands up to Gohan

“Haha… come here.” Gohan said as he picked up Ginnie to carry her, “What’s going on guys?”

“We’re moving Goku to Kame house, so the androids don’t find him.” Krillin said

“Isn’t that the second place they will look for him once they don’t find him here.” Gohan said walking into the plan looking at Krillin who had put Goku down on to the futon, that Yamcha was carrying.

“That’s what I said… but we don’t have a lot of options.” Raditz said shrugging his shoulders as he placed one of the bags down.

“If we are moving my dad does that mean that the androids escaped?” Gohan asked as they climbed into the plane

“Yeah, they beat all of us even with three Super Saiyans we lost… there is also a third android not just 17 & 18, and they killed Dr. Gero.”  Krillin said

“There are three androids now, man that sucks.” Gohan said, “… wait three Super Saiyans, does that mean you became a Super Saiyan too Raditz?” looking at a Raditz with surprise.

“Yeah, I transformed during the battle against the androids but even with the three of us we stood no chance against them, we were defeated by just two of them.” Raditz said with a sigh as he sat down next to Good Launch, who was making a bottle for Ginnie.

“That’s not the worst of it.” Krillin said as Yamcha closed the ramp door, and started the plane, as it took off.

“There’s more!?” Gohan asked in surprise as he handed Ginnie back to Good Launch so that she could eat.

“Yeah, according to Trunks here, these androids are stronger than the ones in his timeline.” Raditz said looking at Trunks who was sitting down near the window.

“Really!” Gohan said surprised as he sat down next to his father.

“Yeah… they are.” Trunks said with a sigh.

“WAIT!!!” Chi-Chi shouted as she startled everyone before she walked to some of the bags she carried on to the plane and started rummaging through them before she pulled out a pile of books, “Time to study Gohan, you have time for it while we head to Master Roshi’s.”

“…ok mom.” Gohan sighed as he grabbed one of the books and opened it to start studying.

“… Chi-Chi you said that those bags were full of food.” Raditz said looking at Chi-Chi.

“No, these bags have books for Gohan to study… those bags have food.” Chi-Chi said pointing at the bags with food.

“So, wait I’m confused, Trunks if you came back in time to help us does that mean we failed already?” Yamcha asked as he flew the plane.

“No, I just found out that’s not how time travel works.” Trunks said

“So, how does it work then?” Raditz asked

“How should I explain it… when I travel back to the past, I’m technically going to a different universe, and anything I do to try and save it will only save the future of that universe. I can’t change anything that’s already happened in my universe. Like saving Goku in this universe still leaves him dead in my universe.” Trunks explained

“…. What I didn’t understand anything you just said.” Krillin said looking at Trunks confused

“… So, it’s like Multi-Verse Theory.” Gohan said looking up from his book to look at Trunks

“Yeah… Wait! how do you know that!?” Trunks asked in confusion

“Care to explain to us normal folks, what you two are talking about.” Raditz said looking at Gohan and Trunks

“Right, so Multi-Verse Theory, is the theory that we aren’t the only universe out there but that there are many different universes out there called parallel universes. Those parallel universes could have many things that are different in them, like where we are aren’t real but are all characters in a tv show or something. Also, like Trunks said my dad is dead in his timeline but he’s still alive in ours, that is already something different. Whenever he goes to the past he’s going to a different universe. His decision to save my dad in our timeline created a branch in the timeline… which in theory could create another parallel universe.” Gohan explained, “Does that sound about right Trunks?”

“…Yeah, that’s about as close as you can get to explaining it, but how could you possibly know about that?” Trunks asked looking at Gohan in surprise.

“I’ve been studying theoretical physics.” Gohan said holding up the book he was studying from, “Although… since you’re from a parallel universe that makes this physics.” Gohan said looking at the book.

“Right…” Trunks said

“I… kind of understood that.” Yamcha said

“So why did you come back in the first place, if you couldn’t change anything.” Krillin said

“Well, besides trying to make one timeline better we weren’t 100% sure about Multi-Verse Theory until after I had come back the first time. I also hoped that I could find a weakness to the androids in this timeline with Goku’s help.” Trunks said as he stood up and looked out of the window of the plane.

“Don’t worry to much Trunks, Goku’s alive and that’s all that matters.” Chi-Chi said with a smile as she sat next to Goku

“Yeah, she’s right, if you didn’t come to warn us then all of us would have died, and maybe we could still find a weakness for the androids in you time.” Raditz said smiling

“Yeah, we are all still alive Trunks thanks to you, so thank you.” Krillin said with a smile

--

They continued heading towards Master Roshi’s place when the phone on the plane started ringing, Krillin went to answer the phone. “Where are you guys, I’ve tried calling Gohan’s house, but it keeps ringing.” Bulma’s voice came from the speaker, “Is Trunks there?”

“Yeah, he’s behind me, he can hear you on the speaker.” Krillin said

“Ok listen closely, we received a call from someone from the countryside about a weird old vehicle he found that he wants to keep but he has no idea how to use it. He called us to ask about it since he said it had the Capsule Corp logo, he sent us a photo of it. Once I saw it, I thought it looked like the time machine Trunks has so I’m sending you guys a fax of it.” Bulma said, “Take a look at it Trunks and tell me if it’s yours.”

The fax on the plane beeped as photo came out of it, “Here, check the photo.” Krillin said as he handed the photo to Trunks.

Gohan and Raditz looked over Trunk’s shoulder to look at the photo in it was a time machine just like the one Trunks had; but it was sitting in the middle of a clearing, covered in moss and it looked like it had been there for a while.

“That’s impossible, I put the capsule back.” Trunks said as he handed the photo to Gohan and pulled out a metal case with three capsules inside and with one labeled time machine. “Krillin ask her where it is.”

“Bulma… Trunks wants to know where you said it was?” Krillin asked

“It looks like it’s in somewhere in the west 10-50 area.” Bulma said, “I’ll meet you there.” Bulma said before she hung up the phone.

“Trunks can I go with you?” Gohan asked

“No, Gohan you have to stay until you finish your homework.” Chi-Chi said

“I already finished all the work for today.” Gohan said looking at his mom

“You did?” Chi-Chi asked

“Yeah, he did Chi-Chi.” Good Launch said as she held Ginnie who had fallen asleep.

“Fine you can go Gohan.” Chi-Chi said

Trunks opened the side window of the plane as he, Gohan flew out and head towards where the time machine was located.

--

They had been flying for a while, “Trunks can I ask you something?” Gohan asked as they flew to where the time machine was supposed to be.

“Yeah, Gohan what is it?” Trunks asked looking at Gohan

“You know me in the future right?” Gohan asked

“Yes, you were my mentor, and my best friend.” Trunks replied

“Wow, what is adult me like?” Gohan asked

“You are the strongest and bravest warrior on the planet.” Trunks said

--

“We should be close, let’s split up and look for it.” Trunks said

Gohan was looking around at the grassy plains, as he flew down flying through some trees, as he passed some squirrels and birds that were in trees. Gohan flew around keeping his eyes open when he saw it, “Trunks, I’ve found it… over here!” Gohan called them over

Gohan flew down to the ground and landed in front of the time machine as Trunks came and landed beside him, “Nice work, Gohan.” Trunks said as he looked up at the time machine.

There was a sound of a car flying overhead, as Bulma appeared overhead, “Hey guys up here!” Bulma landed the car, jumped out and walked towards them.

“So, now that you’re here look.” Trunks said taking out a capsule before throwing it next to the time machine, as another shinier and better-looking time machine appeared next to the other one covered in moss and that was damaged.

“What’s going on, did I make two time machines?” Bulma asked

“No, we barely managed to make just one.” Trunks said, “These are the one and the same.” Trunks said as he walked to the older looking time machine as he clear a spot where the word Hope was written on it.

“They both have the word Hope written on them.” Bulma said looking at the two-time machines. “This old one looks like it’s been here for a while, I wonder what happened.” Bulma said looking at the older looking time machine

Gohan, and Trunks flew into the air as Gohan noticed that the top part of the time machine had hole in it, “The glass is melted but it looks like the blast came from the inside.” Gohan said studying the hole

“Why would some one do that?” Bulma said from the ground.

“… maybe whoever made the hole didn’t know how to open the time machine. So, they had to blast their way out.” Gohan said after studying the hole for a little longer.

“…maybe stand back.” Trunks said as he pushed a button near the top of the time machine causing the top to lift slowly.

 Trunks then climbed inside the cock pit and pulled out two spikey purple shells with a yellow base, “That looks like an alien I killed.” Gohan said looking at the shells in Trunks hand

“Hey, let me see.” Bulma said as Gohan flew down to give the shells to Bulma, who studied it, “They might be an eggshell.” Bulma said

“…So, what ever came out of that egg made that hole.” Gohan said looking up at the time machine.

“… give me a second guys.” Trunks said as he started pressing some buttons in the time machine, “It looks like this time machine came four years ago, a year before I fought Frieza, who ever flew this time machine might be the one responsible for the changes in history.” Trunks said as he flew out of the time machine

“Well, that can’t be good.” Bulma said as Trunks landed in front of the time machine.

“Let me put this the time machine back into the capsule.” Trunks said putting away the older looking time machine, while Gohan went and put away the one Trunks was using, as he handed Trunks the capsule.

“Let, me take this egg looking thing.” Bulma said grabbing the egg

Gohan noticed something in the distance as he walked slowly towards what he saw, “Gohan what is it?” Trunks asked

“Guys over here I found another clue.” Gohan said as he stood there looking at what seemed to be a large brown cicada, with an opening in its back.

“What the hell is that!” Bulma shouted as she and Trunks, reached Gohan

“Is it still alive?” Trunks asked

“No…whatever this is shed its skin and moved on.”  Gohan said as he poked the skin and looked at it from different angles.

“What do you think it is Trunks?” Bulma asked sounding worried

“I think that this is whatever hatched from that egg.” Trunks said point to the egg Bulma was holding.

“Yeah, it must have grown up and molted it’s skin.” Gohan said

“Whatever it is it molted it’s skin recently.” Trunks said as he reached into the molted and had his hand covered in a wet pink slime.

“… so, you’re saying a giant monster is roaming around.” Bulma said looking around scared, before running towards her car, “… ok guys bye, I’ll see you later.” Bulma said as she got in her car and took off.

“We should start heading back to Master Roshi’s.” Trunks said as they took off flying into the air.

3