Vol: 6 Ch: 56: Back to Basics
259 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Gohan, while we are training, I want you to keep this in mind, I want you to train hard and become stronger than me.” Goku said looking at Gohan

“…what stronger than you?!” Gohan said in surprise looking at his dad

“Yes, Gohan I believe that you can do it if we train together.” Goku said

“…I hope your right dad.” Gohan said as new doubts started surfacing at the back of his mind, Gohan didn’t think he could surpass a Super Saiyan, but his dad believed he could that made Gohan believe in himself. Gohan thought with his dad’s help he could at least master Super Saiyan, but now his dad was saying that he wanted Gohan to become stronger than him.

Gohan didn’t think he had it in him, but he didn’t want to tell his dad that, his dad had placed his hopes on him, and he didn’t want to let his dad down. Gohan had a different goal in his mind, it was to help his dad become strong enough to defeat Cell, there might not be any chance for Gohan to defeat Cell, but his dad could, and Gohan would do everything he could to make it happen.

“It’s up to us Gohan, you should know that I’m a stricter teacher than Piccolo or Raditz are you sure you can handle it?” Goku asked

“… yeah, dad I think I can.” Gohan said looking at his dad.

“Ok first thing on the agenda is help you get a better control on Super Saiyan.” Goku said as he looked at Gohan, “Like I said earlier first we are going to spar a bit so that I can get a better understanding of how you fight alone and without relying on teamwork. We are going to spar without using Super Saiyan, we won’t use energy blasts this time around we don’t want any blasts hitting the door if they do, we will be trapped here forever.” Goku said as he got into his fighting stance.

“...ok dad.” Gohan said as he looked at the door scared before he shook his head and got into his fighting stance as well as he faced off against his father.

“…hmm your stance is pretty good son, you have almost no openings.” Goku said as he studied Gohan, before he launched himself at Gohan as he disappeared and attacked Gohan from behind.

Gohan dodged it and tried to attack Goku with a spin kick, but Goku blocked and grabbed Gohan’s foot and slammed him into the ground. Gohan had the wind knocked out of him as he bounced off the ground.

“That was a good try Gohan, but you can do better.” Goku said as he looked down at Gohan extending a hand to Gohan.

Gohan did a kip up and tried to kick Goku in the head, but the kick was blocked by Goku who tried to punch Gohan in the stomach, but Gohan blocked the punch with his palm and used the momentum from it to put some distance between himself and Goku.

Gohan had stepped too far and slipped on the last step leading into the void as his body fell again once the gravity increased. Gohan struggled to get back to his feet as his dad appeared in front of him. “Watch your step Gohan, we aren’t going to fight out there just yet, I want you to get used to the environment here first before we try the hard stuff.” Goku said as he reached out a hand to Gohan.

Gohan grabbed the hand as his dad helped him back onto the platform, “Let’s go again dad.” Gohan said as he felt the extra gravity on his body disappear.

“Ok Gohan, if, you’re sure.” Goku said looking at Gohan

Gohan then got back into his fighting stance and as Goku did the same, Gohan then flew towards Goku and vanished as he threw a punch which Goku caught, Gohan then threw another punch which Goku caught as well.

Gohan had both of his fists caught by Goku as Gohan powered up as he tired to escape Goku’s clutches, but he couldn’t move his dad at all, so Gohan tried to kick Goku in the ankle, Goku let go of Gohan’s hands as he jumped up to dodge.

Gohan then flew into the air and threw a flurry of punches at Goku who dodged them, Gohan then started throwing a combo of punches and kicks at Goku who dodged them all with no wasted movement.

Goku then began his counterattack as he threw a flurry of punches and kicks at Gohan who had to do everything he could to dodge and block them. Gohan then grabbed one of Goku’s punches pulled his arm and then kneed Goku in the stomach, where Gohan followed up with an uppercut to Goku’s chin.

Goku was sent flying backwards, Gohan flew after him but Goku countered Gohan with a backflip kick sending Gohan flying back as Goku vanished and punched Gohan in the stomach sending him crashing into the ground.

“That’s enough for now Gohan, we’ve been at it for a while, we don’t want to burn out, let’s go get some rest.” Goku said as he flew to the ground and landed next to Gohan.

“Ok dad.” Gohan said as he got back up and dusted himself off, as he followed his father into the main chamber.

--

“Gohan we are going to have one more sparring match in our base forms and then we are going to start sparring in our Super Saiyan forms.” Goku said as he faced Gohan getting into his fighting stance.

“Alright, dad I’m ready.” Gohan said as he got into his fighting stance as well and launched himself at Goku and started attacking with a flurry of punches and kicks as Goku dodged and blocked them.

Goku would try and counterattack Gohan by returning the flurry of punches and kicks, but Gohan would dodge and block them as well, Gohan had noticed that he had gotten faster and that he could dodge and block most of his dads’ attacks.

“Good Gohan, you’ve gotten better.” Goku said smiling as he and Gohan were trading punches and kicks as they both dodged them. “Let’s kick it up a notch Gohan.” Goku said as he started getting faster.

Goku punched Gohan in the face sending him flying towards the ground, but Gohan stopped himself and flew back up to meet his father as they both threw punches as shockwaves emerged as their fists collided.

Gohan vanished and tried to attack Goku from behind, but Goku vanished and appeared above Gohan as he threw a punch at Gohan, who blocked it with both hands and used the momentum of the punch to put some distance between himself and Goku.

Gohan landed on the ground and used it to launch himself towards Goku and vanish then appear behind Goku kicking him in the back sending him towards the ground as Goku landed and flew back up to Gohan.

Goku vanished before he reached Gohan causing him to look around for Goku, “Where did he go… behind… no…above!” Gohan looked up as Goku appeared above him and hit him in the head with a double axe handle, sending him crashing into the ground below.

“Ow…” Gohan said as he stood back up rubbing his head, Gohan looked up and saw that his dad was no longer above him, “Crap I took my eyes off him.” Gohan looked around for his father again.

Gohan noticed a slight change in the wind near him as he dodged to his left and threw a kick which Goku caught, “Nice Gohan.” Goku said as he held Gohan’s leg with a smile.

“You’re going to throw me again, aren’t you?” Gohan asked his father

“Yup.” Goku said smiling as he tossed Gohan into the air and appeared above Gohan trying to punch Gohan in the stomach again.

Gohan twisted his body at the last second causing Goku’s punch to miss, Gohan used that opportunity to kick Goku in the face sending him flying towards the ground. Gohan then chased after Goku and flying tackled him towards the ground.

Gohan then started punching Goku in the stomach as they fell towards the ground, right before they hit the ground Gohan stomped both feet into Goku’s stomach and launched himself back into the air.

Gohan did a somersault in the air as he used a double axe handle on Goku who had bounced off the ground sending Goku back into the ground. Gohan then started punching Goku in the stomach with a flurry of punches.

Goku caught Gohan’s fists and then drove both of his knees into Gohan’s stomach, before flipping and slamming Gohan into the ground again. “Nice job Gohan, that’s enough for today, tomorrow we start on helping you perfect Super Saiyan. That way you have a better control of it, like Trunks, Vegeta, and me.” Goku said as he held out his hand to Gohan helping him up.

“That sounds good dad.” Gohan said as he stood up and rubbed his stomach, “I’m looking forward to it.” Gohan said as he and Goku headed back inside

___

(AN: I’m going to be out of town for work for the rest of the week so the next update will probably be around the second week of August. I might post a chapter of something that I’ve been contemplating for a while on this trip if I have time but don’t hold me to that. I will try and post a summary of what I've been working on before I leave and see if you guys like it. The first chapter has been mostly written on my phone when I've had some free time at work so expect some mistakes. If I do post it there will be more information later on the project if I do decide to go forward with it.)

4