Vol: 8 Ch: 74: Wedding & A Baby
279 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gohan was in his room standing in front of the mirror dressed into his black suit struggling with his tie when there was a knock on his door, “Gohan honey can you help me.” Chi-Chi said as she walked into his room, struggling with zipping up her purple dress Chi-Chi was visibly pregnant. “I can’t reach the zipper.” Chi-Chi said as she tired to reach but couldn’t turn around enough because of her belly.

“Yeah, mom.” Gohan said as he gave up and let the tie hang on his shoulders and walked up to his mom, floated up a little and zipped up her dress, “There you go mom.” Gohan said with a smile, as he floated back down to the ground.

“… what do you think Gohan how does your mom look?” Chi-Chi said standing in front of the mirror, turning slightly, and looking at her reflection.

“You look very nice mom.” Gohan said smiling at her,

“Really even with this large stomach.” Chi-Chi said looking down before turning to look at Gohan, “Oh, wow honey you look so handsome… come here let me fix your tie.” Chi-Chi said looking at him with a smile.

Gohan floated up so she wouldn’t have to crouch down, she managed to put on the tie correctly as she tightened it and smile at him and placed a hand on his shoulder. “There you go sweetie, you are getting so big now…” Chi-Chi seemed like she wanted to say something else when they were interrupted by a ringing sound, they both turned to look at the sound.

It came from a black rectangular device on Gohan’s desk, that lit up it had Raditz’s name and picture on it, it was the new Capsule Phone he and Bulma had invented. They had finished it and had given out the first few copies to their closest friends to test them out before releasing them out to the public.  

“It’s Raditz calling me.” Gohan said as he landed and walked to his desk where the phone was, in the middle of some books on how to deliver a baby, some homework, and a few more ideas he had come up with.

“Hello, Raditz.” Gohan said as he answered the phone and put it to his ear.

“Hey, Gohan, Launch wanted me to call and see if you guys were ready.” Raditz said

“Yeah, we’re just finished getting ready, how about you guys?” Gohan asked

“That’s good, we will be outside soon ok.” Raditz said

“Ok, thank you, see you soon.” Gohan said as he hung up the phone, and turning to look at his mom, “Uncle Raditz is on his way to pick us up.”

“Ok let’s go outside and wait for them.” Chi-Chi said as she walked out of Gohan’s room.

Gohan nodded as he put his phone in his pocket and walked out of his room and saw his mom, waiting for him by the front door, when the sound of a vehicle landing outside was heard, “It seems like they are here let’s go.” Chi-Chi said as she opened the front door and walked out.

Gohan walked out after her and saw Good Launch in the driver’s seat of the car in a green dress, with Raditz in the passenger seat, “Here, sit in the front Chi-Chi.” Raditz said wearing a black suit like Gohan as he got out and sat in the back seat with Ginnie, who was sitting in wearing a pink dress waving and smiling at Gohan.

“Thank you Raditz.” Chi-Chi said as she got into the passenger seat, “Thank you for picking us up, Launch.” Chi-Chi said smiling at her.

“Hey, don’t mention it Chi-Chi, you are family and that’s what you do for family” Good Launch said smiling at Chi-Chi as she started the car. Gohan got into the back seat next to Ginnie, as she hugged him.

“Hey, how have you guys been?” Gohan asked as he hugged her back, as Launch started driving. 

“We have been good… I can’t believe that Vegeta and Bulma are getting married.” Good Launch said. “Ginnie honey sit back down ok.” Good Launch said as Ginnie sat back down and put on her seatbelt.

“Yeah, I wonder what Bulma threatened Vegeta with to get him to agree.” Raditz said laughing.

“Now don’t be mean Raditz, I’m sure they are getting married because they love each other very much.” Good Launch said as she continued driving.

“Vegeta… love I don’t know about that” Raditz said grinning

“I don’t know Raditz, I mean you saw how he reacted when Cell killed future Trunks, he must love them on some level.” Gohan said looking at Raditz

“… yeah, I guess you are right” Raditz said shrugging. “We will see when we get there.” Raditz said as they continued the drive.

--

They had reached Capsule Corp. Gohan climbed out first to help his mom out of the car, while Raditz picked up Ginnie and Good Launch put the car back into the capsule. “Where do we go from here?” Raditz asked, looking around.

“The invitation said it was going to take place in the back yard.” Gohan replied as he saw 16 walking up to them.

“Hello, Gohan and family please follow me.” 16 said as he reached them.

“Hey, 16 what have you been up to?” Gohan asked as he walked up to him

“I have been working as a guard here, there isn’t much for me to do so that allows me to spend time with the animals, it has been very nice.” 16 said smiling

“That’s good, I don’t know who would be crazy enough to try something at Capsule Corp.” Gohan said smiling

“I still can’t believe that Vegeta lives here.” Raditz said looking around as 16 led them, to a long table where Krillin, Master Roshi, and Oolong were sitting at.

“I wouldn’t say he lives here… it’s more like he crashes here.” Krillin said smiling as they reached the table. “Hey, guys long time no see.”

“Krillin, Master Roshi how have you two been, where is everyone else?” Good Launch asked smiling at them.

“I’ve been good, thanks for asking… I don’t think anyone else is showing up.” Krillin said nodding his head at her.

“They aren’t coming, according to my data… out all of your friends only, Krillin, Launch, Master Roshi, and Chi-Chi RSVPD.” 16 said as his eyes flashed, “If you will excuse me, I need to check on the cooks.” 16 said as he turned around and walked away.

“Wow that’s really sad, that no one else is showing up.” Good Launch said

“Well… there was no way Yamcha was going to show up at his ex’s wedding.” Oolong said with a smile.

“That shouldn’t stop him from being here for his friend, especially after everything we’ve been through.” Master Roshi said as he shook his head. “He’s still lacking in that aspect of his training.”

“He must still be hurt about Bulma choosing Vegeta over him.” Good Launch said sighing

“Yeah, but that didn’t stop him from cheating on her all those years ago.” Oolong said smiling.

“Yeah… well about the others, no one knows where Tien is training at, while Piccolo said he didn’t want to come.” Krillin said as he changed the subject.

“What about 18, I thought you would have brought her as your plus one?” Gohan asked looking at Krillin

“18… the android?” Raditz said looking at Krillin.

“Yeah, she’s Krillin’s girlfriend.” Gohan said with a smile.

“Gohan come on man not cool.” Krillin said as he blushed.

“What really that’s good for you Krillin.” Good Launch said smiling at him.

“Thanks Launch… but she’s not really my girlfriend… at least not yet” Krillin said rubbing his head.

“Why not?” Chi-Chi asked looking at him

“Well… besides that we haven’t had our first official date yet. I haven’t asked her.” Krillin said

“Why not?” Good Launch asked

“We got close while we helped find the materials to help build 16’s new body, but we haven’t gone on a real date yet. We are going on one soon, where I plan on asking her, I have everything planned out.” Krillin said laughing.

“Well, I hope it works out for you Krillin.” Good Launch said smiling at him.

“Thanks, Launch… so Chi-Chi do you know when you will give birth?” Krillin asked changing the subject as he started getting uncomfortable

“It should hopefully be any day now.” Chi-Chi said smiling as she rubbed her stomach.

“Well, you look marvelous.” Master Roshi said grinning

“Why you… thank you.” Chi-Chi said sighing as she shook her head.

There was a beep heard coming from Krillin’s suit, when he pulled out a phone and looked at it ginning as he typed something, “How do you like the phone, Krillin?” Gohan asked

“… what… oh it’s awesome, is it true that you came up with the idea?” Krillin asked as he looked at Gohan.

“Yeah, with Bulma and Dr. Briefs help.” Gohan said

“That’s amazing Gohan, once this is released to the public you will make a lot of money.” Krillin said putting the phone away.

Before Gohan could reply some music started playing signaling the start of the wedding, the group stood up and turned around to see Vegeta come out of a door and stand at the foot of some stairs dressed in an all-white suit.

Dr. Briefs was at the top of the stairs waiting in a suit as well, when the music changed and Bulma came walking out in a white dress, with a veil flowing behind her, as she took her fathers hand and started walking down the stairs.

“Wow, she looks incredible.” Good Launch said in awe

“Yeah, she does… it reminds me of my wedding.” Chi-Chi said smiling as they watched Bulma and her dad reach the bottom of the stairs, where Dr. Briefs gave Vegeta, Bulma’s hand. Then he walked next to Panchy who appeared out of nowhere carrying baby Trunks. Dr. Briefs stepped down and stood next to Panchy with a smile as they looked at Bulma and Vegeta.

--

The ceremony took place with no problems as Bulma, kissed Vegeta, much to his embarrassment. They soon sat down at the head of the table, when 16 came out of another door followed by some cooks carrying food and drinks.

There was a clinking sound as Bulma stood up with a glass of champagne in one hand and a fork in the other as she tapped it to the glass. “I could stay up here and talk for a long time, but I won’t, I will keep this short; I just want to thank you guys for coming, it means a lot to me… to us that you guys could make it… even if Vegeta won’t admit it.” Bulma said smiling causing them to laugh. “Now, let’s eat.” Bulma said as she sat down.

--

The party lasted until night fall, when everyone started heading home, Launch headed home earlier with Chi-Chi, because she and Ginnie were tired. Gohan and Raditz said goodbye to Bulma and Vegeta.

Dr. Briefs came up to Gohan, “Gohan my dear boy, I have started working on that project you asked me to investigate. I should have a proper answer for you soon, also if you wish to come help me you are always welcomed ok.” Dr. Briefs said smiling.

“Ok thank you very much I will come by to help when I can.” Gohan said nodding his head smiling at him.

“What was that about?” Raditz asked as he glanced at Gohan.

“Nothing much, I just asked him if he could fix up the saiyan pod my dad escaped Namek in.” Gohan replied.

“Why?” Raditz asked

“No real reason, I just want to learn more things.” Gohan replied

“… Ok, let’s head home, before your mom starts calling us.” Raditz said as they flew into the air.

--

Age 767, December 25th, Frieza Day… I mean Christmas Day

Gohan was sitting in the kitchen with Raditz, Ginnie, while his mom and Good Launch were in the kitchen, “Gohan… Raditz we need to get your mom into her room quickly.” Good Launch said suddenly

“Why, what happened?” Gohan asked as he stood up and saw his mom in the middle of the kitchen holding her stomach.

“My water broke, the baby is coming.” Chi-Chi said gasping.

“Oh… no… ok calm down I’ve done some reading about this, come on mom.” Gohan said as he and Raditz helped her into her room and laid her down on her bed.

“Raditz, get some warm water, some clean towels, and a blanket now. Gohan call someone I might need some help.” Good Launch said to them.

“Right, ok.” Gohan and Raditz said as they hurried to get the things.

“Gohan, you try and call someone people to come help and I will bring the things that Launch asked for ok.” Raditz said looking at him.

“Right ok, the towels, and blankets are in that closet.” Gohan said pointing to the closet.

“Right, ok.” Raditz said with a nod.

“Is auntie alright?” Ginnie asked them as she saw them hurrying about.

“Yes, she is don’t worry honey.” Raditz said as he was filling up a pan with warm water, “Here take this to mommy.” Raditz said handing her the clean towels and blanket.

“Mister Piccolo can you hear me?” Gohan asked trying to call Piccolo telepathically since he didn’t want a phone.

“Gohan… yeah I can hear you what’s going on?” Piccolo replied.

“Oh, good I need some senzu beans my mom is having the baby now.” Gohan answered in a hurry.

“Oh, sure, no problem, I’ll be there soon.” Piccolo answered back

“We should hurry and see this.” a familiar voice said in Piccolo’s head

“Yeah, I heard that there’s no egg involved when humans give birth.” Another voice said.

Gohan didn’t have time to consider what he heard as he started calling everyone, he could think of to help, Bulma, Krillin, and Yamcha; but no one was answering the phone. He didn’t bother calling his grandfather because he was on a cruise. Gohan finished calling people as he rushed back into the room and went to help Good Launch.

“No one answered the phone, but Piccolo is on his way with some senzu beans.” Gohan said as he went into the room where Raditz was placing down pan with the water.

“Well considering its Christmas I’m not surprised.” Raditz said as he looked at Launch. “Is there anything I can do to help?”

“AACHHOO!” Good Launch sneezed as she transformed, “No, there’s isn’t why don’t you two bozos leave and take Ginnie with you this isn’t something she should see.” Bad Launch said staring at them.

“Ok you got it… come on honey let’s leave mommy alone.” Raditz said as he picked up Ginnie and left the room with Gohan.

--

Piccolo was the first to arrive with the senzu beans, then Yamcha, and then Bulma with Vegeta arrived last, Bulma went inside to help Launch while everyone else stayed outside waiting. After awhile the door opened, “Everything went fine, you guys can come in now.” Bulma said as she stood there with a smile.

Everyone went inside and saw Chi-Chi holding the baby in her hand wrapped in a blanket, “It’s a boy.” Chi-Chi said smiling.

Gohan and everyone stood around her staring at the baby, “Huh… he looks like a little Kakarot.” Raditz said smiling, as he hugged Bad Launch and Ginnie.

“Your right, what’s are you going to name him mom?” Gohan asked

“I’m going to call him… Goten.” Chi-Chi said smiling.

___

(AN: According to the DBZ timeline Bulma and Vegeta do get married in Age 767, but they never show it, so I decided why not have them have a little wedding with just their friends. The last half of the chapter was inspired by TFS DragonShortZ episode 2, if you didn’t already know, you should go check it out if you haven’t already. There are going to be a few more small time jumps in the future chapters.)

2