Vol: 8 Ch: 75: 1 Year Later
192 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Age 768, May

 

Gohan sat at his desk, going over his homework, humming to himself as the breeze blew through the open window by his desk, Gohan was thinking about everything that has changed since last year. Krillin and 18 had officially started dating and had moved in together at Master Roshi’s house, Yamcha had become a billionaire after retiring from his baseball career and he now owned HeTap and a couple sports bars he called Wolf Fang Grill, where he let all his friends eat there for free. Piccolo lived at the lookout, Raditz had gone on a family trip at Bad Launches request, Gohan didn’t know what Vegeta was doing and Tien was still out of contact.

Gohan was still training but not as much since he had been busy with other things, he had been helping Bulma and her father at Capsule Corp, with some projects they had, like helping them build a new spaceship, and he has also been studying many new and different things. Gohan was also was helping his mom with his new baby brother Goten, who had his tail removed by Chi-Chi’s request, but the biggest change was that Gohan was now very rich.

Since he decided to sell the Capsule Phone plans to Bulma and her dad, Gohan thought about it for a while, and after talking with his mom about it. Gohan came to this decision after realizing that he would not have any time to oversee the project, focus on his studies, or train so he decided it was best to sell the plans to Bulma and her dad.

Gohan and Bulma came to an agreement that if Gohan wanted, he could sell any other plans he came up with to Capsule Corp namely to Bulma or her dad and Gohan would receive royalties each time his inventions sold.

They didn’t want to receive any money for Gohan’s inventions, but Gohan didn’t feel right receiving 100% of the money. They ended up compromising on the condition that Gohan received the majority of the money made and that it be placed into an account for Gohan.

Chi-Chi was the one who decided that was for the best because she said with all that money, he would make he would have no problem getting his doctorate. Gohan had tried to help his mom with buying some things like groceries or other things for the house, but she refused, she said it was her job to take care of them not his. Chi-Chi was ok with him buying some things for Goten, or Ginnie and she allowed him to buy some supplies for his studies but that was it, she didn’t want him to spend all his money on things he didn’t need she wanted him to be responsible with his money.

--

“Gohan… Vegeta is here looking for you.” Chi-Chi said as she opened the door to his room.

“What… Vegeta… ok tell him I will be there.” Gohan said confused as to why Vegeta wanted to see him.

“FIGHT ME!!!” Vegeta shouted as he appeared flying upside down outside Gohan’s window.

“AAA!!” Gohan shouted surprised, “Vegeta what are you doing here?”

“Didn’t I just say it… Fight Me!!” Vegeta said looking at Gohan as he straightened himself and stared at Gohan with his arms crossed in front of him.

“Vegeta quiet! I just put Goten down to sleep… and if you wake him up… you are going to have to put him back to sleep.” Chi-Chi said glaring at him. “You know what never mind, Gohan, can you take the conversation outside please. I don’t want your brother to wake up.” Chi-Chi said looking at him.

“Ok, mom... come on Vegeta.” Gohan said as he flew out the window and away from the house.

“Why do you want to fight?” Gohan asked, as they landed near a hill a few miles away from the house.

“It’s been a year since your father died, and I haven’t had a decent challenge since.” Vegeta said looking at Gohan.

“No, I meant why do you want to fight me?” Gohan asked looking at Vegeta.

“It’s because right now you are the only person on this planet who can give me a decent challenge.” Vegeta said looking at Gohan.

“…alright fine.” Gohan said after thinking for a while.

“What really?” Vegeta asked surprised

“Yeah… sure I haven’t trained in a while; since I’ve been too busy with other things, and since Raditz left on that family trip.” Gohan explained, “Let me change into my Gi, then we can go to Capsule Corp, for you to change too, then we can find somewhere we can fight without worrying about any damage.”

“Ok, that works for me, I’ll wait for you here.” Vegeta nodded

“Ok.” Gohan said as he flew home to change into his purple Gi that Piccolo had made him, he told his mom that he finished his homework and that he was going out to spar with Vegeta. She wanted to argue with him, but she didn’t because she was scared of waking up Goten.

Gohan finished changing and flew with Vegeta towards Capsule Corp. for him to change into his battle armor. Vegeta changed into his battle armor quickly and then led Gohan to a wasteland nearby for them to fight.

--

“How do you want to do this Vegeta?” Gohan asked as they landed and faced each other.

“We fight until one of us can’t move anymore.” Vegeta said seriously as he transformed into a super saiyan and got into his fighting stance.

“… alright if that’s what you want.” Gohan said as he transformed too and got into his fighting stance.

Vegeta launched himself at Gohan throwing a right-handed punch, Gohan responded in kind while their punches collided creating a loud boom.

Vegeta then tried to punch Gohan with his left hand, but Gohan vanished and appeared behind Vegeta trying to kick him in the back, but Vegeta turned around and blocked it with his forearm then punched Gohan in the stomach, but his punch went through Gohan.

Gohan appeared above Vegeta firing a ki blast at him, Vegeta jumped backwards dodging the attack, then he flew into the air and fired his own ki blast at Gohan. Gohan knocked the blast back down towards Vegeta and fired his own one behind it.

Vegeta crossed his arms in front of his face to block the attacks as he was covered in a cloud of smoke. Gohan flew through the cloud and punched Vegeta in the face sending him flying towards the ground.

“Masenko Ha!” Gohan shouted just as Vegeta landed on the ground and looked up, Vegeta fired his own blast at Gohan’s slowing it down enough for him to fly out of the way. The Masenko hit the ground and caused an explosion of smoke as Gohan looked around for Vegeta who had vanished and appeared behind Gohan.

Vegeta kicked Gohan in the back and then fired multiple ki blasts at Gohan, Gohan used an energy shield to block all the attacks, Gohan couldn’t see anything because of the cloud of smoke that had appeared around him. The attacks soon stopped but he could feel Vegeta charging up his energy, as a bright blue light appeared, outside the cloud of smoke.

Gohan had quickly flown out of the cloud of smoke and saw Vegeta holding a palm out in front of him as he charged up his energy, “Big Bang Attack!”

Gohan watched as the blast flew into the cloud of smoke and pass through it and impact on a nearby mountain obliterating it, as a crater formed where it was. Gohan then charged up his energy, then fired his attack, “Burning Attack!”

Vegeta turned around in surprise as the attack flew and hit him in the chest sending him flying backwards, Gohan then launched himself at Vegeta through the cloud of smoke. Gohan threw a punch at Vegeta who responded with his own punch which caught Gohan by surprise as it hit him in the face sending him flying backwards.

Vegeta flew after Gohan and started attacking Gohan with a flurry of punches and kicks as Gohan blocked the attacks with his forearms and knees. Gohan then used telekinesis to send Vegeta flying backwards.

Gohan flew after him when Vegeta vanished and appeared behind Gohan, where he tried to kick Gohan in the back, but he flew through him, Gohan appeared in front Vegeta and punched him in the stomach, but Vegeta caught the fist as he headbutted Gohan in the face. Vegeta then grabbed Gohan’s arm and started swinging Gohan before letting him go tossing him into a mountain nearby.

“You are holding back… I know you have a lot more power.” Vegeta said as he watched Gohan climbed out of the rubble of the mountain.

“I haven’t trained that much, and I’ve been busy.” Gohan said as looked up at Vegeta.

“No, that’s an excuse… why aren’t you using that form you used to defeat Cell… that Super Saiyan 2.” Vegeta said as he flew down to the ground glaring at Gohan.

“… I’m scared to use it.” Gohan said clenching his fist before looking at Vegeta.

“What!” Vegeta said looking at Gohan, “Why the hell would you fear that power… you are a member of the noble saiyan race, you crave battle, it’s in your blood. We don’t fear anything!”

“… I’m afraid to lose control of myself again… like last time.” Gohan said looking at Vegeta, “… T… that’s why my dad died.” Gohan said sighing as he looked down at the ground.

“That’s Bullshit!” Vegeta shouted as he walked up and picked up Gohan by the collar and lifted him up and glared at him.

“What!?” Gohan said as he was surprised by Vegeta’s actions.

“No one is to blame for Kakarots death but himself… if you want to blame yourself than master that power so that something like that doesn’t happen again.” Vegeta said as he tossed Gohan to the ground. “This was a waste of time, I thought that you could give me a worthy fight, but you are too spineless for that.” Vegeta said as he started walking away

“…Vegeta’s right… if I want to stop something like that from happening again, I need to make this power mine… I can’t fear it.” Gohan thought as he stood up and clenched his fist, “AAAAAHHHH!!!”

Gohan started powering up, the ground around him started cracking as the rubble started floating up and the surrounding area started shaking. The yellow aura around him started growing larger and blue lighting started appearing around Gohan as his hair spiked upwards and a bang appeared. “I hope you’re ready Vegeta… I can’t really control myself in this form.” Gohan said as he looked at Vegeta with determination in his eyes.

Vegeta turned around looked at Gohan, who could have sworn he saw Vegeta grin, but it happened too quickly, “Finally, don’t hold back this time.” Vegeta said as he started charging up his energy too.

Gohan didn’t say anything as he watched Vegeta charge up his energy, once he was done Vegeta, launched himself at Gohan and started throwing a flurry of punches and kicks at Gohan who dodged them effortlessly. Gohan vanished and appeared standing on top of a mountain staring at Vegeta, who started firing a volley of ki blasts at Gohan.

Gohan stood still staring as the ki blasts came flying towards him, Gohan charged up his energy and fired a beam at the blasts heading towards him destroying them all. Vegeta jumped into the air dodging the attack as Gohan appeared in front of him and punched Vegeta in the stomach then chopped him in the back sending him crashing into the ground.

Vegeta got back up and looked up at Gohan who vanished and reappeared in front of Vegeta who gasped in shock, Gohan then punched Vegeta in the stomach, and followed up with a knee to the chin sending Vegeta flying into the air, Gohan then did a spin kick and sent Vegeta flying backwards crashing into a mountain as it came crashing down on top of him.

Gohan stood there staring at where Vegeta landed when the rubble on top of Vegeta started shaking before it flew upwards, and Vegeta came walking out, “… were done here.” Vegeta said as he transformed into his base form and started dusting himself off.

“… ok” Gohan said as he transformed back into his base from as well.

“I still have a long way to go… thanks for the fight.” Vegeta mumbled as he looked at Gohan before he flew away.

“… No thank you… I realized that I need to do something to get better control over Super Saiyan 2 if I don’t want to lose control again… I need to ask someone for some advice.” Gohan said to himself as he watched Vegeta, fly away.

--

After, thinking for a while Gohan had gone to Kame house to see Master Roshi, to ask him for some advice on training, if anyone could give him advice it would be him. Gohan found him on his beach laying down on a beach chair.

“Hello, Master Roshi how are you?” Gohan asked as he landed on the beach.

“I’m doing good, how are you and your mom doing or and your new little brother?” Master Roshi asked

“We’re doing good… where’s Krillin?” Gohan asked not sensing his energy in the house.

“He’s out on a date with 18.” Master Roshi said, “Now what brings you here Gohan?”

“… Master Roshi, can you give me some training advice.” Gohan asked looking at him.

“ME!?... wow it’s been a while since I was asked for advice.” Master Roshi said as he sat up, “…Of course, I can Gohan, what’s going on?” Master Roshi asked as he told Gohan to sit down on nearby beach chair.

“... when I transform into a Super Saiyan 2 my emotions get out of control and I lose control of myself.” Gohan said looking at Master Roshi.

“hmmm… I don’t know how I can help you with that problem. I’m guessing since you are the only one to reach this form you can’t ask anyone else.” Master Roshi said stroking his beard looking at Gohan who nodded his head. “To be honest Gohan, I’m clueless on how to help with that problem… but I can give you some words of advice instead that could maybe help you with that problem.”

“That’s fine I will take any advice you can give me.” Gohan said

“That’s good, you need to keep an open mind if you want to grow as a warrior. I want to tell you that you can’t define who you are based on who your dad was, you must find yourself and become your own person. You need to do some soul searching.” Master Roshi said pointing at Gohan

“… how do I do that?” Gohan asked

“… I can recommend some training I had your dad do when he was around your age.” Master Roshi said looking at Gohan.

“What was it?” Gohan asked

“I told him to travel the world and the seven seas, to learn about life and the wide world. There’s no better teacher than life.” Master Roshi said smiling, “Although, I did add a handicap for your dad, and I think you should have it too. This was before he could fly, and he used the Nimbus cloud to get around. I told him to travel the world with his own two feet and I think you would benefit from doing the same thing. Learning about the world and everything there is in it can hopefully help you become your own person. You could also find inspiration for your other problem.” Master Roshi said smiling at Gohan.

“… That’s a great idea Master Roshi, I think that’s exactly what I need to do… I should probably talk to my mom before I do this though.” Gohan said rubbing the back of his head.

“… oh yeah you should definitely talk to her first.” Master Roshi said chuckling. “Gohan, you should try and wait until your uncle comes back home, he might be able to help convince your mom.”

“… Thank you for the advice, Master Roshi, I’m going to call him when I get home and give him a heads up… hopefully she lets me do this.” Gohan said as he got up and bowed his head before leaving.

1