Vol: 8 Ch: 76: Gohan Goes Traveling
225 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Please, mom let me do this.” Gohan was sitting at the kitchen table with Piccolo, Raditz, Bad Launch, Chi-Chi, and Ginnie who was on the floor playing with Goten.

“No, Gohan I’m not going to let you go travel around the world for who knows how long and let your studies fall behind, what are you going to do with your life if you aren’t prepared. I don’t want you to be a muscle brained fighter like your father.” Chi-Chi said staring at Gohan.

“To be fair Chi, Gohan is rich now, so he can pay for extra schooling to make up for the time he missed. Also, even if he falls behind, he’s smart enough to catch up quickly.” Bad Launch said looking at her.

“That’s true Chi-Chi, Gohan is a lot smarter than you give him credit for… I mean how many 11-year-olds do you know that can come up with this.” Raditz said holding up his Capsule Phone.

“This will be good for him too Chi-Chi, getting some real-life experience will help him learn about how the world works. You don’t want him to be clueless about the world when he leaves the house do you.” Piccolo said looking at her.

“I… you… as your mother I just want what’s best for you Gohan.” Chi-Chi sighed looking at Gohan sadly.

“I know that mom, but I need to do this… ever since I was four until now, I’ve been going along with everything that You wanted, but you never once asked me what I wanted.” Gohan said looking at Chi-Chi.

“Oh… Gohan… you’re right I have been pushing my expectations on you and have never considered what you want… I just didn’t want to realize that you are no longer my little boy.” Chi-Chi said as she started tearing up.

“No matter how much time passes, you will always be my mom, but I need to spend some time and find myself. If I don’t discover who I am as a person then, I don’t think I will ever be happy.” Gohan said looking at his mom.

“… I don’t want that son… fine you can go but I have some conditions.” Chi-Chi said drying her tears.

“Of, course mom.” Gohan said smiling at her.

“You must call me… I want to say every day… but I know you are no longer I little boy and that you can take care of yourself. Try to call me at least twice a week, I want to know how you are doing, if you don’t call, I’m coming to find you.” Chi-Chi said looking at him.

“That’s fine, what other conditions do you have?” Gohan asked smiling.

“It’s just one more condition and it’s that you don’t leave until tomorrow. I want to have one last family dinner.” Chi-Chi said looking at him.

“I think I can agree with those two conditions… thank you mom.” Gohan said as he stood up and hugged her.

“I have some conditions of my own Gohan.” Piccolo said looking at him.

“What are they Piccolo?” Gohan asked looking at him.

“One is that if you wear this when travelling the world.” Piccolo said as he held his palm over the kitchen floor, “Clothes Beam!”

There was a bright light as an orange gi, a blue undershirt, blue belt, blue wrist warps, and boots appeared on the floor, “This is just like the outfit you wore when you did your survival training, but there’s one major difference. Which you will notice when you try and pick it up.” Piccolo said smiling at Gohan.

Gohan went to try and pick up the undershirt, “… what’s this, it’s heavy.” Gohan said as he felt how heavy the clothes were.

“What really let me see.” Raditz said as he walked to take the undershirt from Gohan. “… What, Piccolo this is pretty heavy… this will make moving difficult.” Raditz said

“Yes, it’s weighted clothing, just like your dad used to wear and just like I wear. It wouldn’t be training if it was easy.” Piccolo said with a smile. “You are going to wear this while travelling.”

“… ok if you say so Piccolo.” Gohan said as he took the shirt back from Raditz before placing it on the ground.

“Wait… Gohan, how much does all that weigh Piccolo?” Chi-Chi asked looking at him.

“I started off pretty light for now, everything weighs about… 300 kilos.” Piccolo said calmly

“What! Piccolo that’s crazy, there’s no way Gohan will be wearing all that, it could hurt him... or stunt his growth.” Chi-Chi said looking at him.

“No, mom it’s ok, I can manage, Piccolo wouldn’t do this if it would hurt me.” Gohan said, “Is there anything else.” Gohan asked looking at Piccolo.

“Yeah, two more things, One you can’t transform into a Super Saiyan, unless you absolutely need to, and two, I will check in on you every once in a while, and once I see your body getting used to the weight, I will increase it.” Piccolo said smiling.

“Ok, that’s fine.” Gohan said smiling, “Mom let’s eat.” Gohan said looking at her

“Fine, I’ll get started on dinner… can you help me Launch.” Chi-Chi said looking at her. Bad Launch got up and helped with the dinner, once it was done, they all ate together before Gohan went to bed and woke up early the next day to leave.

Gohan changed into the weighted clothing Piccolo gave him, he tied his old sword to his back and walked out of the house, as everyone came to say goodbye to him.

“Piccolo, I know you said don’t turn into a Super Saiyan but, I was thinking for part of my training I should stay in Super Saiyan like I did when training against Cell.” Gohan said

“I think I see where you are going with this, since your strength and speed increases while a Super Saiyan, you want me to increase the weight to compensate for the increase.” Piccolo said looking at Gohan.

“Yeah, that’s right Piccolo.” Gohan said nodding at him,

“You got it Gohan, I’m glad to see you are taking this training seriously.” Piccolo said with a smile, “I think an extra… 200 kilos should do it.” Piccolo said pointing his fingers at Gohan shooting a beam at him.

Gohan almost fell to the ground from the extra weight added, “Did you increase the weight of the sword too?” Gohan asked as he felt extra weight on his back as well.

“Yeah, I can’t make it too easy for you.” Piccolo said smiling.

“Yeah, your right.” Gohan said smiling before he transformed into a Super Saiyan, as he did, he felt the weight decrease a little but not too much.

“How is it, Gohan?” Piccolo asked

“… it’s just right, I feel like I can’t run at full speed, but I can still manage a jog.” Gohan said as he moved his body testing out the extra weight.

“That’s good, I know you said that you aren’t going to fly, but I think you can fly occasionally. With the extra weight it should make it harder for you to fly for a long time, at least until your body gets used to it.” Piccolo said

“Ok, if you say so Piccolo.” Gohan said nodding.

“Gohan, I’ll keep training to unlock Super Saiyan 2 that way when you get back, we can spar again.” Raditz said smiling.

“You got it Raditz.” Gohan said smiling at him.

“Don’t forget to call me Gohan.” Chi-Chi said silently crying as Good Launch hugged her. Goten and Ginnie were still sleeping, so Gohan couldn’t say goodbye to them.

Gohan waved at them before turning to look at the rising sun, Gohan took a deep breath of fresh air before exhaling as he started jogging off towards rising sun in the horizon.

Piccolo came to find Gohan a few days later and handed him a capsule that had a trunk of extra weighted clothing, for replacing any clothes that got damaged, Piccolo told him that if he needed more or if he wanted to increase the weight to just call him.

--

August

It has been a few months since Gohan started his training and he was realizing that this training would be worth it, he was pushing himself harder then ever before. Gohan had trouble staying in Super Saiyan, all day like before, causing him to take a lot of breaks, but as the days passed, he slowly got the hang of it again. After, one month Gohan was able to stay Super Saiyan all day, like before; his days were almost identical to the survival training he did when he was four, except for a few differences.

One was that he was older and knew how to properly control his power, another was that he knew more about survival then he did last time, and the most important thing was that there was no danger looming over his head meaning that he could take the time to learn from and enjoy this experience.

Gohan’s days consisted of hunting for food and supplies, looking for shelter, taking in the sights, and learning about the world. Gohan would train using the Multiform Technique, he would meditate, and he would climb mountains, swim across oceans, run across plains, and do almost anything he could think of to train his mind and body.

Gohan looked up at the mountain he had to climb for the fourth time today and saw the cave that he was using as shelter for the day.

“I need to get a move on if I want to make it before the storm starts. Good thing this is the last trip for today.” Gohan said to himself as he turned around and saw dark clouds approaching as yellow flashes of lighting swam across the clouds. Gohan looked down at the second pile of wood he had tied with rope, he grabbed one end and tied it around his chest before tying it, with the wood resting on his back.

Gohan spit on his hands before he reached up and grabbed onto the mountain and started his climb up. Gohan placed one hand in front of the other as he slowly made his way up, “It’s a good thing that I left my sword up in the cave or this would be a lot harder.” Gohan said as the weight of the wood caused the rope to dig into his shoulders.

Gohan’s arms and legs were burning the higher he climbed, as he felt the wind start picking up, he could smell the earth, and the temperature dropped. Gohan turned to look and saw that the storm had moved faster than he thought it was already overhead. “Crap I need to move faster.”

Gohan turned his attention upwards to concentrate on climbing, there was a large flash of lighting and then a few seconds later the boom of thunder, as the first few drops of rain landed on Gohan’s face, “Damn, I won’t make it in time like this… no don’t panic, I can make it.”

Gohan closed his eyes took a deep breath before exhaling and opening his eyes, Gohan made sure his toes were properly on their footholds as he held on with his fingers in front of himself before he launched himself upwards. Gohan flew high into the air as he grabbed onto the mountain again, he did this one more time before he landed on the ledge of the cave.

“Whew… that was tough.” Gohan said as he untied the rope and dropped the wood he was carrying with the other pile. Gohan looked around the cave, he had the food and water he had gathered in one part of the cave, wood and his sword in another, and some plants that could be used for medicine in another.

Gohan walked to the edge of the cave, after starting the fire and stared out into the dark horizon, Gohan then looked at the forest floor, he saw lots of animals running to find shelter. Gohan looked back up and saw streaks of lighting appear in the dark clouds as thunder sounded more frequently.

“I’m glad I was able to get up here without having to fly before the storm hit.” Gohan said as he watched the rain start falling.

The smoke from the fire started blowing past Gohan, before he turned around and walked back into the cave and walked towards where he had his food and water, he grabbed a large piece of meat and brought it over to the fire before he started cooking it before eating it.

“Wow, this reminds me of when I first started my training with Piccolo… it’s amazing how much time has passed since then.”  Gohan said to himself as he leaned against the wall of the cave looking out of the mouth of the cave. The storm was raging outside as the dark sky was illuminated with the flashes of yellow lighting, the boom of the thunder echoed around the cave, and the wind howled outside.

Gohan had finished eating as the storm continued raging outside, “I should go to sleep… hopefully this storm ends by the morning.” Gohan said to himself as he added a few pieces of wood to the fire before going to sleep.

1