Vol: 8 Ch: 80: Gohan’s Home
157 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gohan appeared at the edge of a forest clearing the first thing he heard was the sound of combat causing him to look around to find a battle worn Super Saiyan Raditz surrounded by three clones of himself in a triangle formation they were charging their attacks aiming at him, “Saturday Crush!!” they shouted as they threw the attacks at Raditz.

Raditz dodged two but sent the last one flying towards the clone behind him followed by two quick energy blasts to the two clones in front of him, who blocked the attack as Raditz charged towards the clone behind him who knocked the earlier attack away just as Raditz appeared in front of it uppercutting him knocking him into the air.

Raditz quickly grabbed his ankle swinging him around tossing him towards the other two clones who were closing in behind him they couldn’t dodge in time as the clone crashed into them knocking them to the ground.

Raditz quickly flew into the air, “Kamehameha!!” Raditz fired his attack at the three clones who were still on the ground trying to get back up but were soon hit by Raditz’s attack causing them to disappear in cloud of dust and smoke.

The dust and smoke slowly cleared revealing that the clones where no longer there, just a crater left where the clones where at, Raditz, closed his eyes taking a deep breath and exhaled reverting back to his base form. Raditz then quickly turned around his eyes snaping open, “Who’s there?”

“Hey, Uncle Raditz how have you been.” Gohan said walking forward his hand raised in greeting.

“… Gohan is that you?” Raditz asked looking at him in surprise.

“Yeah, it’s me.” Gohan said smiling walking closer.

“Gohan! When did you arrive?” Raditz asked walked towards him.

“A little while ago, Bulma wanted to catch up for a little bit, before I told her I had to leave.” Gohan said as he gave Raditz a quick hug. “Didn’t want to keep my mom waiting, especially since I told her I should be arriving today during our last video call.”

“Oh! Yeah you don’t want to keep her waiting, she’s been pretty anxious waiting for you.” Raditz said looking at Gohan placing a hand on his shoulder.

“Yeah, I was on my way home when I sensed you were fighting and wanted to see who with.” Gohan said looking at him.

“Yeah, I was just getting some training in, can’t let you pull to far ahead.” Raditz said smiling.

 “I see, are you done training?” Gohan asked returning the smile.

“Yeah, I’m done at least for today, why?” Raditz asked.

“Just wanted to know if you want to keep me company on the way home.” Gohan said shrugging.

“Yeah, sure we can catch up a little on the way.” Raditz said flying into the air.

“Sounds good, tell me how have things been since my last call.” Gohan said following him.

“Things have been well, haven’t had much to do besides training, I even started training Ginnie a few months ago.” Raditz said.

“Really!?” Gohan asked as Raditz nodded his head, “Isn’t she a little young?”

“No not really she’s only 2 years older than when we trained you.” Raditz replied.

“Yeah, but that was because the Earth was in danger.” Gohan countered.

“Yeah, that’s true but it’s what Ginnie wants and if that’s what she wants then I will do my best to make sure she learns everything I can teach her. Although now that you are here I expect some help training her.” Raditz said looking at him.

“Me… really?” Gohan asked.

“Yeah, Gohan you were the strongest person on the planet 4 years ago, now there’s no telling how much stronger you’ve become during your travels so there’s no one better to help me train her. Also, she has been waiting for you to get back so can ask you to train with her, so look forward to that.” Raditz said smiling.

“… I see then where’s she at?” Gohan asked.

“At home either studying or hanging out with Goten; Launch and I came to an agreement that Ginnie will stay at home some days and on other days she will train with me.” Raditz said smiling.

“If it’s what she wants then I don’t mind training her it will be good to see her; it will also be good to see everyone else again too.” Gohan said smiling.

“So does that mean you are done traveling?” Raditz asked.

“Yes, at least for now I still might travel occasionally but it won’t be for a while.” Gohan said.

“Well, that’s good because I don’t think your mom will like it if you go traveling for a long time again.” Raditz said.

“Yeah, I’m just glad you and Launch decided to live near us because if you hadn’t, I don’t think my mom would have let me go to Yardrat to continue my training.” Gohan said shaking his head.

“That reminds me we need to spar someday I want to see how much stronger you’ve gotten.” Raditz said smiling.

“Fine I’ll add you to the list.” Gohan said smiling as he shook his head.

“List?” Raditz asked.

“Yeah, Vegeta told me he wanted to fight me too before I left Bulma’s.” Gohan replied.

“… I see well as long I get my turn before Vegeta; we won’t have any problems.” Raditz said smiling.

“Haha alright, we will have to set something up soon maybe before my birthday.” Gohan said.

“Birthday?  how old are you turning?” Raditz asked.

“I’m turning… 15… no… 16… yeah 15, I’m 14… turning 15.” Gohan said shaking his head.

“15 or 16 which is it?” Raditz asked stopping suddenly, making Gohan fly past him.

“… that depends.” Gohan said as he flew back towards Raditz.

“Depends on what?” Raditz asked concerned.

“If we’re counting the year in the time chamber.” Gohan said looking at Raditz.

“… right the year in the time chamber… that could affect things…” Raditz mumbled rubbing his chin.

“Is something wrong, you are worrying me.” Gohan said looking at Raditz with concern.

“There could be, depending on how you’ve been feeling lately.” Raditz said gazing at Gohan with concern in his eyes.

“… I’ve been feeling good?” Gohan said.

“… really you haven’t noticed any changes in your body, behavior, haven’t had any mood swings?” Raditz asked studying him.

“… Changes in my body, mood swings… what are you talking about?” Gohan asked not following.

“I mean have you noticed any… hair growing in areas you didn’t have before, your voice changing… but more importantly any changes in your mood lately.” Raditz explained.

“… are you talking about puberty?” Gohan asked rising an eyebrow connecting the dots.

“If that’s what humans call the process of a child becoming a man than yes that’s what I mean.” Raditz nodded.

“… then yeah, I’ve noticed those things.” Gohan said looking at the ground.

“Then we need to have a talk.” Raditz said.

“Oh, no we don’t have to, I know what to expect… mom added a book about that stuff before I left for Yardrat.” Gohan said blushing quickly mumbling the last part not meeting Raditz’s eyes.

“Gohan, look at me.” Raditz said making Gohan look up, “… that book might have covered the human side of puberty but not your Saiyan side.” Raditz said looking at him.

“What do you mean?” Gohan asked.

“Don’t forget Gohan you are Half-Saiyan, there’s a chance you might go through the Saiyan version of puberty as well and if you do we need to take certain steps.” Raditz explained.

“What do you mean certain steps?” Gohan asked worried.

“… I’ll have to get back to you on that Gohan I need to speak to Vegeta first.” Raditz said.

“Why do you need to speak to Vegeta, didn’t you also go through the same thing?” Gohan asked concern getting to him.

“Yeah, I did but I still need to talk to Vegeta about the possibility of you going through Saiyan puberty or not based on you not being a full blooded Saiyan and because the year you spent in the time chamber could affect things.” Raditz explained.

“Affect things how?” Gohan asked.

“… I’m sorry but I can’t answer that right now Gohan because everything depends on which side is more dominant your Saiyan side or your human side.” Raditz said looking at him.

“…is there something I should be worried about Saiyan puberty?” Gohan asked worriedly looking at Raditz.

“… Look I can’t answer all your questions until after I talk with Vegeta, but I can tell you a little bit about what Saiyans normally go through puberty to ease your worries.” Raditz said looking at him.

“That’s fine, thank you.” Gohan said nodding at Raditz.

“Ok, normally when a Saiyan goes through puberty, we go through the process of hair growing in new places, growing taller, voice changing, etc. things that were probably described in that book you had to read.” Raditz explained.

“Ok, that’s doesn’t sound to bad.” Gohan said.  

“Yeah, but it’s the other part that I’m a little concerned about, it’s what we call the Call to War it’s when a Saiyan has the strong urge to go out to fight strong enemies, in some cases to kill, and to conquer it’s part of the reason, we were the best soldiers to conquer planets when we worked under Frieza. Now I think that since you killed Cell and have been training all this time, getting stronger you should be fine and as long as you keep training and fighting that should be enough to keep things under control. Especially if you haven’t felt any changes in your personality or mood but if you do notice anything let me know, immediately.” Raditz said looking at Gohan.

“… I will, is there anything else I need to know?” Gohan asked swallowing.

“No, that’s the most important thing you need to know the other things we can go over once you find a potential mate.” Raditz said smiling.

“M-m-mate… I-I-I don’t think that will happen any time soon.” Gohan said blushing.

“Haha, like I said that part can wait.” Raditz said.

“… thanks, Raditz.” Gohan said smiling a little.

“No, problem Gohan you are my nephew and that’s what I’m here for, having embarrassing conversation you can’t have with your mom.” Raditz said smiling placing a hand on Gohan’s shoulder. “Now do you have any other questions or concerns?”

“… yeah, can you tell me more about the Saiyans?” Gohan asked smiling feeling better.

“… Sure, what do you want to know?” Raditz asked tilting his head.

“I don’t know… whatever you think I should know, like our history, culture, things like that.” Gohan said.

“Yeah, I think I can do that but we should probably include Vegeta there are some things he knows that I don’t, I’ll call him when we get home and ask him.” Raditz said scratching his chin.

“Ok, thank you.” Gohan said smiling.

“Like I said it’s no problem Gohan, now let’s get a move on, don’t want to keep your mom waiting any longer.” Raditz said as he started flying again, as Gohan followed him.

--

Gohan finally saw the familiar outline of his home appearing on the horizon, “It’s good to be back.” Gohan said taking a deep breath smiling.

“Yeah, there’s something about living here that’s calming.” Raditz said smiling, “Look there’s your mom.” Raditz said pointing at Chi-Chi who was outside doing laundry with Good Launch.

They quickly landed near the house, Chi-Chi and Launch turned around hearing them landed Chi-Chi’s eyes widened as she saw Gohan she put her hand to her mouth, “Hey, mom I’m home.” Gohan said grinning lifting a hand in greeting.

“GOHAN!!! MY BABY BOY!” Chi-Chi shouted throwing the clothes she was holding in the air before rushing towards him wrapping him in a bone crushing hug. “You’re finally home.” Chi-Chi whispered as she started crying from happiness.

Chi-Chi’s shouts got Ginnie and Goten’s attention who were doing some homework under the same tree Gohan used to do his homework. They looked up and saw Chi-Chi crying as she continued to hug Gohan tightening her grip on him, Gohan saw that they also wanted to run towards him but Launch told them something making them wait until Chi-Chi was done.

“m-m-mom –can’t breathe.” Gohan managed to squeeze out.

“Oh, I’m sorry Gohan, I just missed you so much, please promise me you won’t leave for such a long time again.” Chi-Chi said letting him go to look into his eyes.

“Yeah, I’m home for a good while now, I don’t have any plans on going traveling anytime soon.” Gohan said looking at his mom.

“Oh, that makes me so happy Gohan.” Chi-Chi said smiling hugging him again.

“m-mom I know you missed me but there are two people who are waiting to hug me too, we can catch up over dinner.” Gohan said rubbing Chi-Chi’s back.

“Oh! Right, you must be very hungry, I need to get started on dinner.” Chi-Chi said standing up, straightening her clothes, drying her face, and walking into the house.

“GOHAN!” “BIG BROTHER!” “WE”VE MISSED YOU!” Ginnie and Goten shouted as they ran towards him tackling him to the ground as soon as they reached him.

“oof--Hey, guys I’ve missed you too.” Gohan said hugging them back.

“Welcome back Gohan, I would like to stay and chat, but I think I should go help you mom with dinner.” Launch said smiling down at him as he managed to sit up placing Goten next to him.

“Thank you Launch.” Gohan said smiling up at her, as she gave Raditz a quick kiss before heading inside to help Chi-Chi.

“Ginnie stay with Gohan I need to make a phone call.” Raditz said ruffling her hair before walking away.

“Ok dad.” Ginnie said smiling. “Gohan, tell me everything you learned.”

“I will but we should wait until dinner that way everyone can hear it at the same time.” Gohan said. “In the meantime, why don’t you tell me what you two have been up to, since my last call.”

“Ok.” They both said with big grins.

“Can I go first Gohan?” Goten asked shyly.

“Yeah, go ahead Goten.” Gohan said smiling at him.

“I play games with Trunks and Ginnie and do the homework mom gives me, but I don’t really like doing it.” Goten said.

“Haha… I know how you feel Goten I was in your shoes when I was your age, but you are lucky you have friends to play with. I didn’t have any friends my age all I did was read the books mom gave me and do the homework she gave me.” Gohan said shaking his head.

“Really? That doesn’t sound fun.” Ginnie said looking at him.

“… yeah, it wasn’t, that’s why I liked it when mom agreed to let me train don’t tell my mom that.” Gohan whispered looking over his shoulder, making them laugh. “What about you Ginnie what have you been up to?”

“Papa started training me a few months ago and I really like it, it’s so much fun. I like studying and learning new things unlike Goten and Trunks who just like to play games all day.” Ginnie said. “Oh! Can you train me someday?”

“Yeah, your dad told me that he was training you, and yes I will train with you someday.” Gohan said smiling, patting her head.

“What about me Gohan?” Goten asked.

“I need to talk to mom first Goten; you know how she is.” Gohan replied.

“Aww ok.” Goten said pouting.

“GUYS DINNER’S READY!!” Launch called out sticking her head out of the door.

“Alright, let’s go guys I’ve missed moms cooking.” Gohan said standing up looking at Ginnie and Goten who were still sitting, he smiled before he started running. “LAST ONE IN IS A ROTTEN EGG!”

“HEY NO FAIR!!!” They both shouted jumping to their feet running after him laughing. Launch quickly moved out of the way as Gohan ran inside the house.

“Gohan no running inside the house!” Chi-Chi said looking at him sternly.

“Sorry mom.” Gohan said sliding to a stop rubbing the back of his head smiling. Ginnie and Goten soon came in walking behind him laughing at Chi-Chi scolding him.

“… it’s alright just be careful ok, now go wash your hands you three.” Chi-Chi said shaking her head with a smile.

“You got it mom.” Gohan said giving her a quick hug before going to wash his hands, with Ginnie and Goten, they entered the kitchen as Chi-Chi and Launch were setting the table.

Raditz came in a few minutes later, telling him that Vegeta agreed to meet them tomorrow so they could talk. They dug in while Gohan talked about everything he did and learned on his trip, then they talked about what has been going on since he left, they talked about everything that’s happened with the rest of the group.

They sent Goten to bed while they talked late into the night before Launch and Raditz had to go home carrying Ginnie who was falling asleep while they were talking, they agreed to continue the conversation another day.

Gohan said goodnight to his mom, brushed his teeth then went to his room finding it just as he left it Gohan smiled seeing Goten sprawled out on his bed. Gohan carefully moved him over so he could lie down on his bed before he quickly fell asleep.

___

(AN: I know that there was a lot of talking in this chapter, and I’m going to give you guys a heads up that the next chapter is going to be like this one with Gohan learning more about the Saiyans, but this is all for a good reason. I’m also hoping to finish this arc in the next 5 chapters not counting this chapter, I have already started working on the next chapter a little and if nothing goes wrong I should have it done sometime next week.)

2