Vol: 8 Ch: 91: A New Threat?
258 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Frieza but I thought Future Trunks killed him and his father?” Ginnie asked.

“He did, but Frieza was the youngest, he had an older brother Cooler, and I’ll bet you a He-Tap that, that’s who’s heading here.” Gohan said, “Sorry Ginnie I wanted to spar with you today but, looks like that’s going to have to wait.” He said, placing a hand on her shoulder.

“I-I understand Gohan, be careful ok.” Ginnie said hugging him.

“Yeah, I’ll make it up to you tomorrow.” Gohan said hugging her back. “I promise.”

“You better.” Ginnie said nodding her head.

“Sorry mom, gotta go.” Gohan said placing a hand on his chest, “Clothes Beam!” his clothes changing into the one he wore when he faced Cell, cape, and all.

“You be careful young man.” Chi-Chi said nodding at him.

“Yes, ma’am.” Gohan said before speeding up into the sky.

“Gohan, any idea on who that is?” Piccolo asked.

“I think it might be Frieza’s older brother.” Gohan answered.

“…Right, I think I remember Raditz mentioning him once.” Piccolo replied, “What are we going to do?”

“Well, I’m heading to meet them up in space, to talk.” Gohan said.

“To talk?” Piccolo asked skeptically. “Wait what do you mean talk in space!?”

“Yeah, I can’t explain everything in detail right now, but Raditz told me that Cooler didn’t get along with his family much for some reason.” Gohan explained quickly.

“So, you’re hoping that he isn’t here for revenge but for something else?” Piccolo asked.

“More or less, I’ll talk to you later Piccolo.” Gohan said speeding up.

“Ok, be careful Gohan, I’ll get some senzu beans just in case.” Piccolo said.

“Thanks Piccolo, I’ll try and let you know what’s happens.” Gohan said as he passed the exosphere to come face to face with a large spaceship that greatly resembled the one Frieza came to earth in.

The ship slowed to a stop when it saw Gohan heading towards it, he noticed the top opening and a humanoid shape floated to the top in a hovercraft like the one Frieza rode in back on Namek come out. The alien climbed out of the hovercraft and beckoned him towards him, Gohan didn’t do anything sensing for any hostile intent directed towards him but felt none before flying towards him.

Gohan cautiously neared the ship, he felt like he passed through an invisible barrier, where he could freely breathe again. “Must be some sort of device that extends the ships oxygen to the outside of the ship.” He thought as he landed near the who he believed was Cooler based on how similar to Frieza he looked, the only difference was that Cooler’s skin was a deep purple instead of pure white, he was also taller and had a more muscular appearance than Frieza.

“Impressive, I wasn’t under the impression that any other race could survive in the vacuum of space like mine.” He said standing in front of Gohan with his arms held behind him.

Gohan was taken aback by how calm he was not expecting it, “… I trained my body to adapt to it after learning about your race’s ability to do the same.”

“That takes some serious dedication, I applaud you.” Cooler said, giving him an appreciative nod.

“T-thank you.” Gohan said, trying to make sense of what was happening, he hadn’t expected a meeting like this, he had hoped for it but not expected it. “I’m going to take a guess and say you’re Cooler.” Gohan said after they hadn’t said anything, for a while.

“Ah! Yes, where are my manners, I’m Cooler, and you are?” Cooler asked.

“…Gohan.” Gohan answered after a while.

“Please to meet you, Gohan.” Cooler said nodding at him.

“L-likewise.” Gohan said, thrown off by how things were going.

“Is something the matter Gohan?” Cooler asked.

“What do you mean?” Gohan responded.

“You’ve been on edge ever since I’ve come out of my spaceship and started talking with you.” Cooler pointed out, “It’s like you’re expecting me to do something.”

“You’re not?” Gohan asked skeptically.

“Why would I… Oh! you think I’ve come here for revenge for the deaths of my father and brother?” Cooler asked.

“You haven’t?” Gohan asked.

“Actually no, I haven’t, if anything I’ve come to thank you for getting rid of them.” Cooler said shrugging.

 “W-what really? But Why?” Gohan asked, shocked.

“Yes, really.” Cooler said nodding, “The reason why is pretty simple, my father and brother had no idea how to run an empire, and with them no longer in the picture I can step in and make it grow and thrive.”

“How do you mean?” Gohan asked.

“Before I explain may you answer a couple questions I have?” Cooler asked.

“… Sure, as long as I know the answer.” Gohan nodded.

“Terrific.” Cooler said smiling, “Now what do you know about my family?”

“Nothing, much besides your brother being a genocidal maniac.” Gohan said, “but since you haven’t attacked me or tried to destroy the planet from orbit. I’m doing my best to give you the benefit of the doubt. Well at least until you give me a reason not to.” Gohan said, his eyes narrowing.

“Fair enough.” Cooler shrugged. “You’ve clearly had bad experiences at the hands of my brother which has colored your expectations of me, but you’re at least giving the chance to explain myself which I’m more than grateful for.”

“Right, so what did you want to tell me?” Gohan asked.

“Well, I won’t ask you what my brother has done because there’s probably nothing, I can do to make up for it, but I do ask that you listen to what I have to say with an open mind.” Cooler said.

“Very well.” Gohan nodded.

“Thank you.” Cooler nodded back, “Without going into too much detail about how things are done let’s just say my father favored my brother’s method of ruling over my method resulting in Father choosing him over me to rule his empire. While banishing me to watch over the outer worlds of the empire, in the name of seeing me prove myself.”

“And what is your method of ruling?” Gohan asked.

“While my brother favors destruction when things don’t go his way.” This earned a scoff from Gohan. “Yes, I know, childish. I on other hand like to take a more hands on approach when ruling.” Cooler explained.

“Meaning?” Gohan asked.

“I like to give the planet a chance to thrive… to improve.” Cooler said looking at him.

“… and if they didn’t improve?” Gohan asked, already knowing the answer.

“Then they’re made an example of.” Cooler said smirking.

“Meaning you destroy them.” Gohan said, frowning at him. “I should have known you were just like Frieza.” Gohan sighed shaking his head.

“I’m nothing like my twerp of a little brother!” Cooler stated angrily, tail slamming into the roof of the ship denting it. “While he was handed everything, I worked for everything I had, while he went on a rampage destroying anything that displeased him with no self-control like a small child throwing a tantrum. I on the other hand did my best to make sure the planets are doing well, improving their way of life, so that they can provide a boon to the universe. He did things with no thoughts of the consequences like making a deal with ‘him’.”

“A deal with who?” Gohan asked, worried that there was someone above Cooler.

“N-no one, at least no one you will ever meet if you’re lucky.” Cooler added, fearfully. “Don’t ask, you’re better off not knowing.” Cooler said, seemingly calming down.

“… Why, come here then?” Gohan asked, realizing that he wasn’t going to get any answers from Cooler, about who scared him so much.

“Two reasons.” Cooler said, looking at Gohan.

“Which are?” Gohan asked.

“One is I want to face the Saiyan responsible for the deaths of my brother and father.” Cooler said. “To fight them, to see the power they used to defeat them, and test it against my own.”

“I thought you said you weren’t here for revenge.” Gohan said, body tensing.

“And I’m not, if I was here for revenge, I would have simply blown this planet from orbit.” Cooler said. “Although I have a feeling that you might have been able to do something about that.”

“… I thought you didn’t like your family.” Gohan said, deciding not to answer.

“I don’t but they still were my family and wouldn’t you do the same in my position.” Cooler said smirking. “Now will you be kind enough to tell me where they are.”

“…you’re too late, they’ve been dead, for a few years now.” Gohan answered after thinking things over.

“I’m sorry but I find that hard to believe when my scanners showed that there’s a Saiyan down on the planet right now, among three partial hits…not counting your own.” Cooler said, eyes narrowing.

“The Saiyan on the planet is my uncle but he didn’t kill your father or brother, that was my father, but he died fighting a strong enemy.” Gohan answered, deciding not to mention Future Trunks.

“…I see, that is rather unfortunate.” Cooler said after a while, “I guess, I’ll have to settle for you, where would you like to do this?”

“W-what?” Gohan asked.

“I came here for a fight and I’m going to get one, if you want to do this out here then I’m more than happy to, I haven’t had a good space battle in a long while.” Cooler said looking at him. “Or I could face your uncle, it matters not to me.”

“What about your army in the ship?” Gohan asked, glancing down.

“What about them?” Cooler asked.

“Are they staying on the ship?” Gohan asked.

“Yes, they will stay on the ship.” Cooler said nodding, “So, where will it be out here or somewhere on your planet?”

“… on earth, I haven’t fought much out in space so you would have the advantage.” Gohan answered.

“That’s fine, pick the location and I’ll follow you while, my ship follows us.” Cooler said.

“Ok.” Gohan said nodding as he flew out of the oxygen bubble and towards earth. With Cooler and the spaceship following him.

--

“Me and the others will be there soon.” Piccolo said.

“Ok, see you soon.” Gohan replied as he landed on the ground cape billowing behind him.

“A nice little location, I’m assuming there no life forms nearby.” Cooler said glancing around the island.

“No, just us.” Gohan shook his head.

“I see.” Cooler said, as his ship landed far behind him, as four figures emerged from the ship, flying towards them.

“I thought it was just supposed to be the two of us.” Gohan said looking at the four people who landed behind Cooler.

“Lord Cooler!” three of them cried out saluting him.

There was blueish alien with short blond hair, a tall brown reptilian looking alien, a large, green-skinned alien with long black hair, and a woman with long curly orange hair, blueish skin, blue eyes and pointed ears. In Gohan’s opinion the woman looked beautiful, but he shook those thoughts out of his mind focusing back on Cooler.

“Oh, it is, they’re my elite guards, they’re my version of the Ginyu Squad, but better. They won’t interfere in our match if they know what’s good for them.” Cooler said tossing a glare behind him, “but it looks like you have some of your own back up as well.” Cooler said.

“Gohan.” Piccolo said landing behind him. “I see it was smart of me to gather some others.”

“A Namekian living all the way out here, now that’s a surprise.” Cooler said seeing Piccolo land behind Gohan. “And judging by the matching outfits, it’s safe to assume the boy is your student.”

“What’s it matter to you.” Piccolo said glaring at him.

“No matter, just stating an observation.” Cooler said, raising his hands. “You said there were others on the way, may I ask how many?”

Gohan sensed Raditz, Tien, and Krillin were closing in on their location, “There are three more people heading our way, Lord Cooler!” the blond alien said, before they could respond.

“Thank you, Salza.” Cooler said looking into the horizon.

“Of course, Lord Cooler.” Salza said nodding his head, clicking his scouter.

“Well, let’s wait for them before we get started.” Cooler said folding his arms behind his back.

Raditz, Tien, Krillin and 18 soon landed behind Gohan, “I thought you said there were three Salza?”

“I…I don’t know what’s going on but I’m not getting any readings from the women.” Salza said clicking his scouter.

“…I see, no matter.” Cooler said.

 

“Is that Frieza!” Krillin shouted.

“No, it’s his brother Cooler.” Raditz answered.

“What’s he doing here?” Tien asked.

“Long story short he wants to fight the Saiyan who killed his brother and father, but since my dad is dead, he wants to fight me or Raditz instead.” Gohan said to keep things simple.

“Wait… fight not kill?” Tien asked.

“No, like I told the young Saiyan with the death of my father and brother I’m the only one left to rule the empire and I’m able to do it my way.” Cooler explained. “Also, if I wanted to kill all of you, I could have simply blown the planet from orbit, and moved on with my life but I wanted to see the strength of the person responsible for killing my brother and father and test it against my own.”

“But why come now?” Raditz asked.

“I had to stabilize my father’s empire before things fell apart and deal with someone who was going out of their way to kill my men, and that took a lot of time.” Cooler explained. “But that’s neither here nor there. Now I originally wanted to fight against the Saiyan responsible for the deaths of my father and brother, but I was informed that he has passed. Is that correct… Raditz?”

“You know who I am?” Raditz asked surprised.

“Yes, I had access to my brothers’ files, so I know those who served under him.” Cooler explained, “Now the Saiyan responsible for their deaths is dead?”

“Yes, Kakarot passed five years ago.” Raditz answered.

“Kakarot, I’m assuming he’s your family?” Cooler asked.

“Yes, he was my younger brother.” Raditz answered.

“… I see, well in that case, I’m going to fight either his son or brother, seems only fair he spilled my family’s blood, so I’ll spill some of his family’s blood.” Cooler said, gesturing towards Gohan and Raditz.

“Fine by me.” Gohan said stepping forward.

“No, Gohan please allow me.” Raditz said, placing a hand on his shoulder.

“Are-” Gohan was going to ask but seeing the determination in Raditz’s eyes he stepped back, “Alright, but be careful he’s hiding his power.”

“I know, but thanks for the warning.” Raditz nodded. “I’ll fight you.”

“I don’t mind who I fight as long as it’s one of you two.” Cooler said. “Wait! Are you going to fight me in that?” Cooler asked pointing at him.

“What do you mean?” Raditz asked looking down, only to see that he was in a shirt and pants, “Oh, give me a moment. Gohan?”

“Yeah, I got you.” Gohan said shaking his head, pointing two fingers at Raditz, “Clothes Beam!” he shouted, changing Raditz’s clothes into his normal Saiyan armor.

“Thanks Gohan.” Raditz said stretching, “That’s better.”

“Impressive, you have the ability to materialize objects, you are just full of surprises.” Cooler said grinning at Gohan.

Gohan just shrugged his shoulders in response. “I’m ready when you are Cooler.” Raditz said looking at him.

“Wait, I just had an idea.” Cooler said, raising a hand.

“What is it?” Raditz asked, frowning.

“Nothing bad, just that I thought since I’m not fighting the boy, I would at least like to see what else he’s capable of before my battle.” Cooler explained.

“Why?” Tien asked.

“Call it interest, I have an eye for talent, and something tells me that he’s very talented.” Cooler said grinning.

“How do you propose we do that?” Gohan asked.

“Simple you fight one of my men first.” Cooler said pointing behind him.

“…Ok, who?” Gohan asked.

“… Wait!” Piccolo spoke up.

“Yes, what is it?” Cooler said irritated.

“Let’s make it more interesting, we have six people on our side, and you have five how about five of our people vs your five.” Piccolo said.

“Hmm… that’s a good idea, as long as I get to see pick his opponent, I’ll agree.” Cooler said nodding his head.

“That’s fine with me.” Gohan nodded.

“Gohan are you sure?” Krillin asked.

“Yeah, it’s fine.” Gohan said shrugging.

“Good… Zangya will be your opponent.” Cooler said.

“M-me?” the women asked.

“Yes, I wish to see your skills.” Cooler said.

“Very well.” Zangya said nodding her head.

“Good your fight will be before mine, is that fine with you.” Cooler said looking at Gohan.

“That’s fine with me.” Gohan said nodding.

“Good, you can decide who amongst the rest of you will face who.” Cooler said.

“That’s fine.” Gohan said. “Let’s decide on some ground rules before we begin.”

“Rules?” Cooler asked.

“Yeah, you told me that you want to fight the Saiyan who killed your family not kill them so we can add a few rules to the matches, so no one goes overboard.” Gohan explained.

“Hmm… that’s fine what are the rules?” Cooler asked.

“Obviously the number one rule will be no killing.” Gohan said looking around, as they nodded their heads. “Two will be no planet destroying attacks.” More nodding, “No outside interference and the last one will be winner will be decided when someone gives up or is unable to continue. Does that sound good.”

“Yes that, sounds agreeable.” Cooler said nodding along with the others.

“Good now let’s begin.” Gohan said.

--

“A Namekian, I’ve heard your race had some capable warriors, I’m glad to see some survivors of your planet’s destruction at Freiza’s hands. Tell me are there any other survivors?”  Salza asked.

“W-what why do you want to know?” Piccolo asked taken a back.

“I wish to test my skills in the language.” Salza answered, in Namekian.

“Y-you know Namekian? How?” Piccolo responded.

“It’s one of the 7,000 language’s I know.” Salza said.

“You know 7,000 languages?” Gohan asked.

“Ah, you speak it as well?” Salza asked.

“Yes, I do.” Gohan responded.

“Fascinating, tell me how am, I doing?” Salza asked. “I’ve learned from computers and haven’t practice with anyone else.”

“You speak it well enough for someone who wasn’t taught by an actual Namekian.” Gohan answered.

“Uhh, what’s going on?” Krillin asked from the side.

“We’re speaking Namekian.” Gohan said.

“You know Namekian?” Tien asked.

“Yeah, Piccolo and Dende taught me.” Gohan nodded.

“Enough talking, lets fight.” Piccolo said, taking off his cape and turban, tossing them on the ground.

“Weighted armor.” Cooler said noticing, “How quaint.”

“Very well, let’s fight.” Salza said. The rest of the group moved back giving the fighters their space, they each landed on a large cliff side with a large open area in the middle where Piccolo and Salza stood.

They launched towards each other and started trading punches and kicks, and then they started firing energy blasts at each other. Piccolo landed the first hit after firing two Ki blasts at Salza who knocked them away, he used the distraction to land a kick on Salza knocking him into the sky. Piccolo then followed up with a combo of punches on Salza’s stomach ending with a knee to his face drawing first blood.

Salza dodged the next attack by firing two large Ki blasts at Piccolo who knocked them away, Salza then made a blade of purple Ki around his hand in the shape of a blade, “Huh, that’s interesting. I’ve never thought of doing that with my Ki before. Something I can test out later.” Gohan muttered, seeing Piccolo dodge an attack that left a cut in his shirt.

Salza pushed Piccolo back until he was against a wall where he caught Salza’s hand, then delivered a swift kick into Salza’s stomach sending him flying in the sky, where he followed up by stretching his left arm to grab Salza and drag him back and deliver a strong right knocking him out cold.

“Piccolo won!” Krillin shouted.

“Of, course he won, the only people over there who seem like they will be a challenge are Cooler and the girl.” Raditz said.

“W-what the girl really?” Krillin asked, glancing at Zangya, who was staring in their direction.

“Yeah, why else would Cooler make her my opponent.” Gohan pointed out.

“Gohan has a point, if you weren’t distracted by her looks you would have noticed.” Tien said as Piccolo flew back to them.

“What!” Krillin shouted.

“Oh! are you looking at other women Krillin?” 18 said staring at him. “Should I look at other men?”

“Uh… why are you staring at me 18?” Gohan asked glancing at her, as Piccolo made his way back and after Salza woke back up.

“Nothing just noticing how handsome, you’ve become.” 18 teased.

“I…You’re up next 18.” Gohan said, changing the subject still not completely used to teasing like that even after working with Bulma for so long.

“W-what babe, you know I only have eyes for you.” Krillin shouted as she flew to face her opponent Neiz, “Tien are you trying to get me into trouble!”

“I’m surprised that Cooler isn’t angry that Salza lost.” Tien pointed out, clearly ignoring Krillin.

“He’s disappointed that he lost but not surprised.” Piccolo said, “Something about how his men have been slacking in their training, since the Ginyu Force is no longer around. Which is why he agreed to the matches.”

The next match was over just as quickly as the first one with 18 beating Neiz who complained about fighting a woman, according to what Piccolo heard. 18 flew over to them not having broken a sweat, while Tien flew to face his opponent Dore.

“18 babe, you know Tien was just messing with me, right?” Krillin asked, looking up at her.

“So, Krillin what’s up with the hair?” Gohan decided to ask after 18 hadn’t said anything.

“I haven’t been training or shaving deciding to spend my time with my lovely family.” Krillin said looking at 18 with a smile.

“You’re up Gohan.” 18 said pointing at Tien flying over to them.

“Already!?” Gohan said surprised.

“Yeah, Tien made quick work of his opponent.” Piccolo said.

“Oh, alright, I guess I’ll see why Cooler made her my opponent.” Gohan said, flying to meet her.

--

Now that Gohan was standing across from Zangya and he got a better look at her he realized that she was very beautiful, she wasn’t wearing armor like the rest of Cooler’s group instead she was wearing a white jacket and pants with gold buckles, a gold pointed necklace and earrings, a blue undershirt, black pull up sleeves, a purple sash, and yellow and black boots. Gohan thought that she could give 18 and Vanadis a run for their money, speaking of Vanadis, Zangya had a similar smell coming off her that reminded him of when he worked with Vanadis, but it was slightly stronger, which made his head a little fuzzy.

“Concentrate Gohan!” Piccolo said bring him back to focus.

“Sorry Piccolo, I don’t know what happened?” Gohan thought shaking his head. “But I’m good now.”

“Are you sure?” Piccolo asked concerned,

“Yeah, I’m good thanks.” Gohan answered.

“Ok, make sure it doesn’t happen again.” Piccolo said.

“You done staring at me handsome?” Zangya asked brushing her hair behind her ear with a smile.

“S-sorry, just haven’t met any female aliens.” Gohan said scratching the back of his head, chuckling.

“Oh, don’t worry, if I didn’t want you looking, I would have attacked you, but since you aren’t that bad looking yourself, I decided to let you enjoy.” Zangya said smiling at him.

“R-right.” Gohan said, blush coming back to his face, but he shook his head clearing his mind. He took off his cape and tossed it aside before sliding into his fighting stance. “I’m ready when you are.”

“Let’s dance.” Zangya said firing a red ki blast at him at blinding speed.

Gohan knocked it away before firing his own at her, which she knocked away, “Nice.” Gohan nodded, smiling as both attacks detonated in the ocean surrounding them.

“You, too.” Zangya nodded, “But you’re holding back.”

“So are you.” Gohan said smiling.

“True, let’s get serious.” Zangya said smiling.

“Fine by me.” Gohan said smiling back.

Zangya raised her arms above her head, causing a strong gust of wind to swirl around her sending her hair flying upwards, as her ki shot higher making the wind shoot towards him. Gohan countered the wind by powering up to his maximum while staying in his base form causing another gust of wind to emerge from him and collide with her wind causing a small hurricane of wind and dust to swirl around them.

Zangya then launched towards him, attacking him with an axe kick, that he blocked with his forearm, the resulting attack ending in a loud boom and cracking the ground below him. Seeing the attack blocked she used Gohan’s arm as a spring to flip over him landing on her feet and quickly attacking with a spin kick that Gohan deflected and countered with a punch that she blocked with her knee.

The resulting exchange sent her sliding across the ground, Gohan used that moment to launch himself towards Zangya who brought her foot down to stop her from sliding back anymore, she then used the momentum to launch herself towards Gohan. Their fists met in a resulting boom, as they continued exchanging blows, neither seemingly putting any real effort into their attacks as if they were still feeling each other out.

After their last exchange they landed across each other, “You’re strong.” Zangya said brushing her hair behind her ear with a smile.

“You are too, but you are still holding back.” Gohan said smiling back.

“You could tell?” Zangya asked surprised. “How?”

“Yeah, I don’t know how.” Gohan said shrugging, “Call it a gut feeling.”

“You’re right, I’m still holding back most of my power my race has a…special transformation that greatly increases our power.” Zangya said nodding.

“Really!?” Gohan asked smiling, “So do I.”

“You do?” Zangya asked, raising her eyebrow.

“Yeah, we call it Super Saiyan, it greatly enhances our strength, speed, and power.” Gohan answered smiling,

“Almost similar to our transformation.” Zangya said.

“Really?! what do you call yours?” Gohan asked.

“My race calls it Full-Power.” Zangya said.

“What race are you if you don’t mind me asking?” Gohan asked.

“I’m what’s known as a Hera.” Zangya said.

“Are there any more of you?” Gohan asked, genuinely curious.

“Unfortunately, not I’m the last of my race.” Zangya said with a sad smile.

“Oh, I’m so sorry.” Gohan said.

“It’s alright, you didn’t know.” Zangya said shaking her head, “Now enough sad things let us continue our fight.”

“…Ok.” Gohan said nodding, “Do you want to go first?”

“No, I went first last time, how about you go first this time.” Zangya said smiling.

“Ok if that’s what you want.” Gohan said grinning, he took a deep breath, and transformed into a Super Saiyan on his exhale, the ground cracking beneath his feet, dust swirling around him.

“Wow, Impressive.” Zangya said nodding appreciatively, “I guess it’s my turn now.” She said as she started powering up, her ki started rising higher as her hair turned red, rising into the air as her skin turned a lime green color as did her aura.

“What do you think?” Zangya asked, after she finished powering up.

“It’s very impressive.” Gohan said smiling, “Ready to continue?”

“Yes.” Zangya nodded.

Gohan launched himself towards Zangya who did the same, their fists colliding in a large shockwave that sent chucks of rocks flying around them, Zangya tried throwing another punch, but Gohan caught it with his palm. He yanked her towards him, following up by driving his fist into her stomach launching her into the air, where he followed her, but she fired a large ki blast towards him.

Zangya used the moment Gohan used to knock the blast away, to attack him with a spinning axe kick that Gohan barely managed to block as it sent him hurling towards the ground, where he landed forming a large crater. He sensed the attack coming before it landed, giving him enough time to use the After-Image technique to dodge the flying sidekick that Zangya tried to use, surprising her when she passed through Gohan.

Gohan then appeared above her, “Masenko Ha!” Gohan fired his attack while she was looking around for him, she didn’t have enough time to dodge the attack, so she settled for blocking it. Gohan flew back towards the ground and towards her attacking with a punch that connected with the side of her head sending her flying and crashing into the ground then sliding across it.

When Zangya emerged from the rubble and smoke her sleeves, sash and pants were torn and she was bleeding from various scrapes and her lips, “Ow! That was some punch!” she said wiping her lip and spitting out some blood.

“Wow! I thought that would have knocked you out for sure.” Gohan said surprised that she was still standing.

“It would have, if I wasn’t in my Super Hera form.” Zangya said, walking towards him.

“Super Hera?” Gohan asked with a smile.

“Yeah, I thought I’ll try it out, Full-Power Hera is a mouth full. Don’t you think?” Zangya asked, looking at him.

“Super Hera.” Gohan said testing it out, “Yeah, it sounds good, as long as you’re happy with it.”

“Yeah, I’m happy with it.” Zangya nodded, before she returned to her normal form.

“Zangya what’s wrong?” Gohan asked confused.

“I give up.” Zangya said, raising her hands.

“Why?” Gohan asked.

“Simple you’re still not fighting me seriously.” Zangya said looking at him. “Don’t try and deny it.”

“How could you tell?” Gohan sighed.

“I’ve dealt with a few people who are a lot stronger than me, and I can tell when they’re holding back, and you are still holding back.” Zangya said grabbing her necklace, with a forlorn look.

“A-are you ok?” Gohan asked, concerned.

“Ye-No but I’m getting there.” Zangya said smiling a little.

“Is there anything I can do to help?” Gohan asked.

“Sorry handsome but it’s something I have to work through myself.” Zangya said shaking her head.

“Ok, but if you want to talk, I’m a good listener.” Gohan said.

“Thank you, I might take you up on that offer someday.” Zangya said smiling at him. “Can I ask you something?”

“Sure, what is it?” Gohan asked.

“How much were you holding back?” Zangya asked, looking at him. “Don’t sugarcoat it, the truth please.”

“…I still have another transformation.” Gohan sighed.

“…I see.” Zangya said chuckling.

“S-sorry.” Gohan said scratching his cheek.

“Oh, don’t be I have a motive to get stronger now.” Zangya said smiling at him, “But can I make a request?”

“Um… sure what is it?” Gohan asked.

“Can you show me your full power?” Zangya asked.

“Yeah, sure no problem.” Gohan said nodding his head.

“Thank you.” Zangya said smiling at him.

“Yeah, you got it.” Gohan said smiling back, “You might want to back up a bit though.”

“Ok.” Zangya said jumping back.

“That’s good.” Gohan said, before he started powering up, his aura and hair were the first thing to change, followed by the sky darkening, followed by the sound of thunder, the wind started flowing towards him, as lighting started falling from the sky striking around him, ground cratering underneath his feet as the whole island started shaking as he continued powering up, the rubble from the breaking ground started floating upwards, he then finished powering up as a strong guest of wind and light burst from him.

“…woah!” Zangya finally said, swallowing nervously.

“Yeah, I know it’s a bit much.” Gohan said scratching the back of his head.

“Yeah, that’s saying something.” Zangya said shaking her head, “Are you the only one who can use this form?”

“No, Raditz can as well, but I’m the only one who can use it to this degree.” Gohan said shaking his head, before he powered back down to his base form.

“I see, well I know I don’t stand a chance, and honestly I don’t think Cooler does either.” Zangya said shaking her head.

“R-really?” Gohan asked.

“Yeah, if what you said about your uncle is true than I think Cooler would have a tough time even if he transformed as well.” Zangya said.

“He has another transformation?” Gohan asked surprised.

“Yeah, a fifth one.” Zangya said nodding.

“That’s cool, I kind of want to see it now.” Gohan said glancing at Cooler, who was now flying towards them, with the rest of his group, “Piccolo what’s going on?”

“There’s been a change of plans hold tight, we’re on our way.” Piccolo answered.

“Seems like there’s been a change of plans.” Gohan said.

“What do you mean?” Zangya asked.

“Cooler and the rest of your friends are on the way.” Gohan said.

“It looks like your uncle and your friends are on the way too.” Zangya said pointing behind him.

--

“Is that the power your father used to defeat my brother and father?” Cooler asked after everyone had gathered.

“No, this is an evolved form of what he used to beat them.” Gohan answered.

“Can you use that form as well?” Cooler asked, looking at Raditz.

“Yes, but Gohan is currently more proficient with it, but I’m slowly catching up.” Raditz replied, “Why do you ask?”

“… I see.” Cooler said, crossing his arms, tail wiggling behind him, “…you guys win.”

“W-what!?” everyone said.

“If we were to fight, I would lose as soon as you used that transformation.” Cooler said looking at Raditz. “There’s no point in wasting more time when the outcome is clear, you guys have beaten my men in quick fashion much to my displeasure and their embarrassment.”

“So, you’re giving up?” Krillin asked.

“No, I’m just choosing to not fight a losing battle. I may have become stronger than my brother, but I know that I’m not strong enough to beat either one of you in that second state. I could probably hold my own for a short while if I used my sixth form but it’s still unstable so using it will be a mote point.” Cooler said shrugging.

“Sixth form, I thought you only had five.” Gohan said looking surprised.

“Yes, I recently discovered it, so not everyone knows about it.” Cooler said glancing at Zangya who looked away.

“So, what now?” Piccolo asked.

“Now, I go back to my ship and leave you guys alone, for the foreseeable future.” Cooler said.

“Foreseeable future?” Tien asked.

“Yes, I was thinking that I could visit on occasion to test my men against you again after I’ve whipped them back into shape.” Cooler said glancing behind him. “After all they all lost in an embarrassing fashion and have besmirched my name, the only one who managed to last a good while is Zangya and she’s not even a full member yet.”

“You’re not a full member?” Gohan asked surprised.

“No, I was offered the chance to join but I’ve been thinking it over.” Zangya said, smiling at him.

“Hmm, so will it be acceptable if I were to visit after whipping my men back into shape?” Cooler asked.

“Yeah, that’s fine.” Gohan answered.

“GOHAN!” Krillin shouted.

“What?” Gohan asked.

“Are you sure that’s a good idea?” Tien asked.

“Yeah, it’s fine trust me.” Gohan said looking towards the group.

“…Fine, we’ll trust you.” Krillin said sighing.

“Cooler you can stop by later to spar with us if you want to, just give us a heads up before you show up.” Gohan said nodding to him.

“That’s fine, it won’t be a for a while, I need to whip them back into shape and I need to perfect my new form, and that’s not counting what I have to do to run my empire.” Cooler said.

“That’s fine, just don’t expect us to be sitting around doing nothing.” Gohan said smiling at him, “We’ll be keeping up with our training as well.”

“I wouldn’t expect anything else.” Cooler said grinning,

“Good because I want to fight you when you perfect your sixth form.” Gohan said, grinning.

“That’s fine by me.” Cooler said nodding, “But now I think It’s time we left.”

“Bye, Gohan.” Zangya said, waving at him.

“Zangya, do you have your communicate with you?” Cooler asked, turning to look at her.

“I left it on the ship.” Zangya said looking at him confused.

“Right, well when we get back to the ship go grab it and give it to Gohan here so I can let them know when I’m going to stop by.” Cooler said looking at her.

“Ok.” Zangya said floating into the air with the rest of the group.

“Wait!” Gohan called out.

“Yes, what is it?” Cooler asked, turning back.

“Back when we first met you said you came to earth for two reasons, one was to fight the Saiyan responsible for killing your family, but you never told me your second reason.” Gohan said, looking at him.

“Oh! right I almost forgot.” Cooler said nodding his head, “The second reason was to give them a reward for that.”

“You want to reward someone for killing your family?” Krillin asked confused.

“Yes, I know not something one normally does but, if they hadn’t killed them then I wouldn’t be in charge of the empire, so I felt like I needed to give them something as a thank you.” Cooler explained, “So what do you want?” he asked looking at Gohan.

“I…umm, don’t know… what can you give me?” Gohan asked.

“How about you take some time, and you contact me on the communicator Zangya is going to give you when you make up your mind.” Cooler said looking at him.

“That’s fine.” Gohan said nodding.

“Good, I’ll send Zangya out shortly.” Cooler said as they flew off towards the ship.

--

“Gohan are you sure it’s a good idea to let them go?” Krillin asked.

“Yeah, it will be fine I can tell he’s different than Frieza.” Gohan said shrugging.

“Really?” Krillin asked.

“Yes, Gohan’s got a point.” Raditz said nodding. “Frieza used to complain a lot about how Cooler ran things.”

“What do you mean Raditz?” Tien asked.

“Frieza would complain about how Cooler wouldn’t destroy planets like he was ordered to, he would give them a second chance for them to do better and provide for their empire and based on how often Frieza would complain Cooler did a good job.” Raditz explained.

“But he would still destroy planets, right.” Piccolo said.

“Yeah, because his father ordered him to, and Cold was a lot stronger than them both.” Raditz said. “But with both dead, he can do things his way.”

“I still don’t know if we can trust him though.” Krillin said looking at them.

“If it will make you feel better, I can ask King Kai about him the next time I visit.” Gohan said looking at Krillin.

“Yeah, I guess that will be ok.” Krillin said nodding, “Wait! Next time you see him!”

“Yeah, didn’t I tell you that I was able to visit my dad in otherworld for Christmas.” Gohn said looking at them.

“NO! You didn’t!” Krillin shouted.

“Ops, my bad.” Gohan said chuckling.

“Gohan, you can’t just say something like that and not explain.” Krillin said looking at him.

“Oh, look Zangya is coming back.” Gohan said pointing at Zangya flying back.

“Is she carrying a bag?” Tien asked.

“Huh, yeah it looks like it.” Gohan said noticing it too.

Zangya soon landed in front of them with a bag over her shoulder, “Hey.” She said smiling at Gohan.

“Hey, what’s with the bag?” Gohan asked smiling back.

“So… umm Cooler gave me a mission.” Zangya said looking at them.

“What mission?” Piccolo asked, his eyes narrowing.

“He wants me to be his liaison on the planet to see if we can help you guys in some way.” Zangya said looking at them.

“Why does he want to help us?” Piccolo asked.

“He just said that it’s how he runs things.” Zangya said shrugging her shoulders.

“Huh, I guess that’s ok.” Gohan said looking at the others. Who nodded slowly.

“Great, Cooler they said it’s fine with them.” Zangya said pulling out a round device and speaking into it.

“Ok, that’s great, don’t forget to give me progress reports.” Cooler said, “Gohan look, after her for me ok.”

“Um sure no problem.” Gohan answered back.

“Good.” Cooler said as the device beeped off. Followed by the ship slowly lifting off and flying off the planet.

“Who can I stay with?” Zangya asked, looking at them.

“Gohan!” 18 said with a grin.

“Huh!” Gohan said looking confused.

_____

(AN: You may have noticed that I decided to go a different route with Cooler, I decided to go this route after watching a few What If Cooler was good videos. You don’t have to worry Cooler will still have his ruthlessness, but it won’t be directed at our heroes, who will it be directed at is something for later. Now you all can probably guess who ‘him’ is but don’t worry he won’t be waking up anytime soon, I just wanted to allude to him and nothing more.

I was going to have a fight between Raditz and Cooler, but I decided against it since Cooler’s fifth form didn’t stand a chance against Super Saiyan Goku there’s no way it will survive Super Saiyan 2. Once Cooler saw it, he knew that he would lose if they come to blows so, he did what he believed was the smart thing. I mention a sixth form but don’t worry it’s not a golden form, it’s more like Super Saiyan 2.

My original plan with Zangya was to do the Intergalactic Martial Arts Tournament but I changed my mind after realizing that I was just doing it to add her to the story which didn’t feel good to me. By doing things this way I can introduce her with out brining in the other Hera’s just to kill them off, now how Zangya ended up with Cooler will be explained later by her to Gohan, so you’ll have to wait for that.

This will probably be the last chapter for this fic for this year, I will have a few chapters of other fics that I’ve written but never uploaded go up over the next few days, just to get them out and see if you guys like them.)

2