Vol: 8 Ch: 92: Zangya (1)
181 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Zangya)

“Lord Cooler, we’re approaching the Planet.” Dore called out.

“…what do the scanners say?” Cooler asked from his hovercar swirling his glass of wine.

“…There is one Saiyan on the planet…no wait we are getting four additional hits...” Salza corrected. “Although, they don’t seem to be as strong as the first hit.”

“Hmm…no matter, located the strongest power level and head in it’s direction.” Cooler said, taking a sip of wine.

“Of, course Sir.” Salza said nodding his head, as he instructed the minions who quickly got to work.

Zangya watched the whole exchange in silence from the corner she stood in, mentally sighing looking at the planet below, it didn’t look that special. Cooler wouldn’t take long, finding the person responsible for killing his father and brother and making them pay.

She sighed again maybe she could fight one of the partial Saiyans, she hadn’t had a good fight in a while, not since Cooler had unlocked his new form which pushed her to unlock her own transformation. After that he unlocked his new form, he locked himself in his training room focusing on mastering the new form leaving her to train with the other members of the squad, but they lacked the motivation to get stronger.

They would still train occasionally but with weaker members of the crew and not as often as she and Cooler did, which was something that Cooler hadn’t said a word about. Which had surprised her but then again, he had been busy with regaining control of the empire and gathering intel on the one responsible for killing his father and brother.

She didn’t say anything either since she wasn’t even a full member of his armored squadron yet, she had only been a member for a few months after Cooler saw her fighting on one of his planets. Cooler liked what he saw and said she had potential and asked if she wanted to come with him, she agreed after since she wanted to get off the planet, and he was the best option at the time.

“Lord Cooler, we found the strongest power level.” One of the minions said.

“Good, head towards it.” Cooler said.

“Yes Sir, on it-” one of the minions started saying before stopping.

“What is it?” Cooler asked.

“T-they’re heading towards us!” one of the minions said. “The scans indicate they’re a Saiyan, or at least partially Saiyan.”

“…Oh!” Cooler said a hint of surprise on his face, “…I wonder what this Saiyan looks like.”

“…If you want to see them just look outside.” Zangya said eyes wide, pointing at a man, floating in front of the planet, he was wearing a purple outfit, with a white cape. “He’s fast, we just got the alert and he’s already waiting for us.” She thought, looking at him.

“Oh! things seem to be getting more interesting.” Cooler said a smirk appearing on his face, his hover car floating next to her.

“Sir, what do we do?” one of the minions asked.

“Stop the ship, I was wondering on how to get their attention once we landed, but it seems like I won’t have to.” Cooler said.

“…Very well Sir, stopping the ship.” The minions said as the ship slowed to a stop.

“Now what sir?” Niez asked.

“…Open the top, I wish to greet this person.” Cooler said, with a big grin on his face.

“…Are you sure that’s wise Sir?” Salza asked hesitantly.

“Don’t question me, Salza.” Cooler said glaring at the man. “If this is the person who killed my father and little brother than you stand no chance against them, especially since most of you have been slacking in your training as of late.” Cooler said glaring at Salza, Neiz, and Dore, who all looked down.

“…Of course, Sir, open the top.” Salza said to one of the minions who pushed buttons on the console, as the top opened.

“Stay here, no matter what happens.” Cooler said as he left to go meet the man.

Things we quiet for a while until they heard a loud bang on the roof of the ship, Salza looked like he wanted to go and check what happened, but he feared Cooler punishing him, so he stayed still. Nothing much happened until they saw the man fly away as Cooler came back inside the ship, with a big smile on his face.

“Men, start the ship up.” Cooler told them, climbing out of his hover car.

“…Yes, sir.” One of the minions said as the ship started up.

“…Lord Cooler, what happened?” Dore asked, breaking the silence.

“... I’ve met an interesting person.” Cooler said, with a grin, “Follow us, we’ll fight on the planet.” He said, flying out of the ship and after the man.

--

They were waiting on the ship as it slowly landed behind Cooler and the man, when one of the minion’s called out, “Salza, sir there’s a large power level heading in our direction.”

“…Men let’s go.” Salza said frowning at the computer screen.

“But Lord Cooler told us to stay here.” Dore said looking at Salza in confusion.

“I know but he may need help, so let’s go.” Salza said, looking at them.

“…Alright let’s go.” Zangya said shrugging her shoulders, she wanted a closer look at the person who managed to get Cooler’s attention.

“…I hope we don’t get into too much trouble.” Niez mumbled.

“…Cooler’s Armored Squadron move out!” Salza shouted as they flew off the ship.

“I thought it was just supposed to be the two of us.” The man said his eyes narrowing as they landed behind Cooler.

“Lord Cooler!” Salza, Dore, and Neiz cried out saluting.

The man quickly glanced at each of them, she noticed his eyes staying on her a few seconds longer than the rest before he shook his head and focused back on Cooler.

“Oh, it is, they’re my elite guards, they’re my version of the Ginyu Squad, but better. They won’t interfere in out match if they know what’s good for them.” Cooler said glaring back at them, “but it looks like you have some back up of your own.”

Zangya looked away from the man to see a green alien wearing a similar outfit to the man in front of them, “Gohan!” he called out landing behind the man, “I see it was smart of me to gather some of the others.”

“So, his name is Gohan. That’s good to know.” Zangya thought to herself, glancing back at the man.

Zangya saw that he was taller than Cooler, Salza, and her but shorter than Neiz and Dore who were both taller than 6 feet. “Student and Teacher maybe?” she thought, seeing them in the same outfit.

“A Namekian living all the way out here, now that that’s a surprise.” Cooler said looking at the Namekian, “Judging by the matching outfits, it’s safe to assume the boy’s your student.”

“What’s it matter to you.” The Namekian said glaring at Cooler.

“No matter, just stating an observation.” Cooler said raising his hands. “You said there were others on the way, may I ask how many?”

Salza’s scouter beeped, “There are three more people heading our way Lord Cooler!” he responded before they could respond.

“Thank you, Salza.” Cooler said looking at the horizon.

“Of course, Lord Cooler.” Salza said nodding his head and clicking his scouter off.

“Well, let’s wait for them before we get started.” Cooler said folding his arms behind his back.

They didn’t have to wait long before four people landed near Gohan, and the Namekian, three men and a woman, Zangya could guess who the Saiyan was at first glance based on the tail he had wrapped around his waist, he was as tall as Gohan, but had longer hair than him. The other man was bald and had three eyes, the last man was on the shorter side with short black hair, and the woman had blond hair and blue eyes.

“I thought you said there were three people Salza.” Cooler said glancing back at him.

“I... I don’t know what’s going on Sir, but I’m not getting any readings off the woman.” Salza said clicking his scouter.

“… I see…” Cooler said glancing at the woman “…no matter.” He said shaking his head.

“Is that Frieza!” the short one shouted.

“No, it’s his brother Cooler.” The Saiyan answered.

“What’s he doing here?” the three-eyed one asked.

“Long story short he wants to fight the Saiyan who killed his father and brother, but since my dad’s dead, he wants to fight me or Raditz.” Gohan explained.

“Wait… fight not kill?” the three-eyed one asked.

Zangya was partially listening at this point as Cooler went on to explain the conversation he had with Gohan and why it took him so long to come and seek out the person responsible for the death of his family. Her attention was more on getting a better look at the people across from her trying to see who could prove to be a good fight, the Saiyan, Raditz looked like he could be a good fight, but Cooler had dibs on the Saiyans, so she focused on the others.

The Namekian stood still, arms crossed across his chest listening to Cooler but still watching them from the corner of his eyes, he seemed ready for anything to happen. The three-eyed one was the same having two eyes on Cooler but the third one focused on them something she found a little weird.

When her attention turned to the short one, she saw that he was more focused on listing the Cooler than his surroundings. He eventually felt her gaze and he looked around and noticed her staring, he blushed when their eyes met, before he quickly turned away, making her smirk. The woman was standing close to the short one it looked like she was protecting his back, leading Zangya to think that there was something going on between the two.

Her attention was brought back when Cooler pointed towards her, saying that she was going to fight Gohan because he wanted to see his skills, she grinned at the thought of the fight, because if Cooler said there was something interesting about him then she knew it would be a good fight. The Namekian then suggested a fight against the other members of the squad, which Cooler agreed to; Salza would fight the Namekian Piccolo, Neiz would fight the woman 18, and Dore would fight the three-eyed man Tien, leaving her to fight Gohan much to her delight, while Cooler would fight Raditz.

--

“I-I’m sorry Lord Cooler!” Salza said, bowing his head in shame.

“Don’t be, I’m not angry.” Cooler said not bothering to look at him.

“S-sir?” Salza asked, raising his head slowly.

“I’m not angry because I’m not surprised by this outcome; I knew that you would lose.” Cooler said glancing down at him. Before looking back up at Neiz being defeated just as quickly, he let out a sigh and shook his head.

“T-then why agree to the fights Sir?” Salza asked.

“I’ve noticed that the three of you have been slacking in your training ever since we received word that The Ginyu Force had perished, and I wanted you to see what happens when you get complacent. You three were the strongest members of my forces when I recruited you but now, you’re not and that’s disappointing.” Cooler said watching as Dore flew to fight and then lose to Tien.

Zangya didn’t hear Salza’s response because it was her turn to fight, she flew to meet Gohan and smiled because she could finally get a better look at him, now that she was standing across from him, she had to admit she liked what she saw he was at least a foot taller than her, had short black hair, black eyes, and his outfit showed off his muscular arms and a bit of his chest, which she liked. “He’s quite attractive, a lot better looking than anyone else I’ve come across, so far, and if what Cooler said is true, he’s strong, which is another point in his favor.” She thought, her eyes drinking in his appearance.

Zangya then noticed that he was also checking her out too, which brought a smile to her face, so she decided to do the same for a little longer, soon he shook his head and looked at her in embarrassment, “You done staring at me handsome?” She asked, deciding to tease him a little with a smile as she brushed her hair behind her ear.

“S-sorry, I just haven’t met any female aliens before.” Gohan said chuckling as he scratched the back of his head.

“Oh, don’t worry, If I minded, I would have attacked, but since you aren’t that bad looking yourself, I decided to let you enjoy.” She said, smiling at him, as his face went red. “While enjoying myself.” She thought with a smile.

“R-right.” Gohan said blushing, before shaking his head, taking a deep breath, and exhaling before taking off his cape, tossing it aside and getting into the same fighting stance as Piccolo’s. “I’m ready when you are.”

“Let’s dance.” She said firing a red ki blast at him at blinding speed.

--

Zangya gave up in the end after realizing that Gohan was still holding back, after being rocked by a strong punch that sent her flying and left her seeing stars. She didn’t think he was holding back that much until he transformed into his second state at her request and boy was, she wrong, she trembled remembering the sheer power radiating off him in his second transformation. She still found it hard to believe how strong Gohan was, even after Cooler gave up after seeing Gohan use his second transformation and finding out that Raditz could use it as well.

After returning to the ship and changing quickly, Zangya packed all her belongings into a bag, while Cooler talked to Salza, Dore, and Neiz about their embarrassing defeat, she was spared because she managed to put up a decent fight. While packing she thought about the mission Cooler had given her, she was to be a liaison between Cooler and Earth if Gohan agreed, Cooler wanted to foster a better relationship with them for some reason.

“I can use this opportunity to get to know him better.” Zangya muttered, smiling at the thought.

There was something about Gohan that piqued her interest, besides the fact that she found him handsome, there was also the fact that he was stronger than anyone she’s come across. She shook her head when she saw Dore and Neiz going back to their room, “Better report in.” she muttered taking one last look at the room she had stayed in for the past few months before walking out.

As she neared the main room she slowed down, when she heard Salza speaking, “…Lord Cooler why are you using Zangya as the liaison?”

“Are you questioning my decisions Salza?” Cooler asked.

“N-no of course not Lord Cooler…it’s just why not send, someone more experienced.” Salza said slowly. “She’s not even a full member of the squad, she’s only been with us a few months.”

“…and that’s why she’s perfect.” Cooler replied, “the people out there wouldn’t trust me if I send someone who’s completely loyal to me.”

“…I don’t understand Lord Cooler.” Salza said.

“Zangya is relatively new to my forces so her opinion of me will not be colored by years of working under me. If asked what she thinks of me she can give them her honest thoughts and they will believe her more than you who has been serving under me since the beginning. Which could help with earning their trust.” Cooler explained.

“…why do you want them to trust you so much?” Salza asked after a brief silence, in which Zangya thought they were done talking.

“…The young Saiyan out there is strong… stronger than me and I can tell he’s only going to get stronger and that excites me.” Cooler said, as he started pacing around the room. “I’m looking forward to seeing how much stronger he can get.”

“…What about his uncle?” Salza asked.

“…He’s strong too, but there’s something unique about… Gohan, that makes me what to face him in battle.” Cooler said excitement clear in his voice. “…Salza tell the men to prep the ship for departure, I wish to take off and get back home quickly so I can get back to my training.”

“Yes, Sir.” Salza said.

Zangya decided that was the moment to make her presence know by walking into the room, “Cooler, Salza.” She said nodding at them.

“Ah! Zangya you’re here good.” Cooler said, nodding his head as Salza left with a nod to her. “Do you have everything?”

Zangya nodded her head before asking a question she had on her mind, “Cooler… Sir are you sure they will agree to letting me stay on the planet?”

“…I don’t think they will have a problem with it, especially if Gohan has anything to say about it.” Cooler said, smiling at her.

“What do you mean?” Zangya asked.

“…nothing just call it a gut feeling.” Cooler said shaking his head.

“Ok…If there’s nothing else, shall I take my leave?” Zangya said.

“There’s one more thing.” Cooler said stopping her.

“Yes?” Zangya asked.

“I have an additional mission for you that is completely up to you on whether or not to complete.” Cooler said looking at her.

“...Ok, what is it?” Zangya asked.

“I want you to get closer to the warriors but especially Gohan, get to know him better, figure out what drives him, what his beliefs are, really anything useful you can learn about him.” Cooler said, looking at her.

“…Why him in particular?” Zangya asked. “Besides him being their leader.”

“Like you overhead earlier, while I was talking with Salza…” Cooler said raising a hand to stop her from interrupting, “It’s fine, if I didn’t want you to hear I would have stopped talking once I heard you coming. Like I was telling Salza, there’s something unique about him, I don’t know what it is yet but, whatever it is makes my blood boil at the thought of facing him in battle.” Cooler said with a grin.

“…I think I understand, what you are saying.” Zangya said nodding her head slowly. “I also want to fight him again.”

“Which is one of the reasons I chose you to stay here and be my liaison, Saiyans respect strength and beside me you are the strongest person on the ship. Which gives you a better chance at connecting with him than the others. Honestly if I didn’t have to run the empire, I would choose to spend some time here training with him just to get stronger.” Cooler said grinning before shaking his head, “The second reason I chose you is because I believe that Gohan could help you get a better understanding of your own transformation since they appear to be similar in nature.”

“…I noticed the same thing, when fighting him.” Zangya said.

“Good, I expect reports whenever you can send them.” Cooler said.

“Ok, I’ll do my best to complete my mission.” Zangya said nodding her head.

“Good, I’ll leave how you complete the mission up to you.” Cooler said nodding his head. “… just don’t do anything you’re not comfortable with. Contact me on the communicator once you talk with them.”

“...yes sir.” Zangya said nodding wondering what he meant by that, before flying off the ship.

--

Cooler had been right, after explaining Cooler’s mission to them, they agreed to let her stay especially after Gohan said there wasn’t a problem and to top it all off the woman named 18 had convinced Gohan to let her stay with him. Which is why she found herself in a two-story building deep within a beautiful mountain range sitting on a sofa while Gohan explained to his family what happened.

“…and that’s why she needs a place to stay.” Gohan said as he finished telling everyone what happened.

“… very well, Ginnie can you show her where the guest room is, while I get started on dinner.” Gohan’s mother Chi-Chi said sighing before standing up, “Launch will you help me?”

“Of course, it’s no problem, Chi-Chi.” Gohan’s Aunt Launch said standing up. Zangya had been shocked when she had sneezed earlier, resulting in a complete change in personality and hair color.

“Is there anything special you need to eat?” Chi-Chi asked looking at Zangya.

“…uhm no, I’ll eat anything you make.” Zangya answered surprised that they asked her before they started cooking.

“That’s good.” Chi-Chi said smiling, “Gohan, I want you and Goten to wash up for dinner, while Ginnie show’s our guest to their room.” Chi-Chi said looking at him.

“You got it mom.” Gohan said nodding, “Come on, Goten.” He said waving at her and walking down a hallway.

“Ok, bye.” Goten said waving at her, she smiled and waved back.

“Follow me.” Ginnie said standing up.

“Thank you.” Zangya said smiling, at her.

“I’ll be back, I need to shower and change too.” Raditz said standing up.

“Ok, see you later honey.” The Blue haired Launch said waving.

Ginnie led Zangya up some stairs to a door that she opened, revealing a room, there wasn’t much in it, just a large bed, a nightstand, with a clock on it, a television, and dresser. “Here you are, the bathroom is through that door.” Ginnie said, pointing to the door.

“Thank you.” Zangya said smiling at her. She saw another door across the hallway, “Who’s room is that?”

“Oh, that’s Gohan’s room.” Ginnie answered.

 “Oh, doesn’t he have a bathroom in his room?” Zangya asked.

“He does, but the one downstairs is bigger.” Ginnie answered.

“Oh, I see, thank you.” Zangya said smiling at her.

“It’s no problem.” Ginnie said shrugging, “I’ll see you at dinner.” She said waving goodbye and heading back downstairs.

“Wait!” Zangya called out.

“Yeah?” Ginnie asked, stopping, and turning around.

“Do you know what Gohan is doing tomorrow?" Zangya asked.

“…he’s training with me. Why?” Ginnie asked.

“Oh, I was wondering if he could show me some around, I want to explore the planet a little.” Zangya explained.

“…You can ask him at dinner.” Ginnie said, looking at her.

“Ok, I’ll do that, thank you.” Zangya said smiling at her.

“…sure, no problem.” Ginnie said walking back downstairs.

Zangya watched the girl walk downstairs before she entered the guest room, closing the door behind her. She then started putting away the few belongings she had before heading downstairs once dinner was ready. Which was a relatively quiet affair, they didn’t ask her many questions, probably giving her some time to adjust to her new environment, Gohan did agree to show her some places after he finished training tomorrow.

“Thank you for the meal it was delicious.” Zangya said smiling at Chi-Chi and Launch, after they had finished dinner.

“Thank you, that’s kind of you to say.” They said smiling back.

“Excuse me, but I’m a little tired, from my travel and my fight, I think I’ll go to bed.” Zangya said standing up, “What should I do with my dishes?”

“Just leave them there dear, I’ll collect them later.” Chi-Chi said.

“Ok, thank you, I wish you all a good night.” Zangya said nodding her head at them, before heading to her room. She closed the door behind her, then recorded a quick report about her staying with Gohan’s family and that she would be exploring the planet tomorrow with him before sending it.

--

Zangya woke up the next day feeling refreshed, she had fallen asleep right after sending her report, she yawned and glanced at the clock on the nightstand, “Damn, I can’t believe I slept in.” she muttered seeing that it was almost noon. She quickly got ready, and headed downstairs to an empty house, she walked outside and found Chi-Chi folding some sheets while Goten was asleep in a hammock.

“Good afternoon.” Zangya said walking towards them.

“Good afternoon.” Chi-Chi said smiling at her, “How did you sleep?”

“…Good, the bed was very comfortable.” Zangya answered, smiling back.

“That’s good, the room is there for whenever my father stays over.” Chi-Chi said to her, “Do you want me to make you something to eat?”

“…no thank you, I’m looking for Gohan, he said he would show me around.” Zangya said surprised at how kind Chi-Chi seemed to be.

“Are you sure?” Chi-Chi asked, as Zangya nodded her head, “Ok if, you’re sure. Gohan and Ginnie are training, just follow the loud booms and you’ll find them.”

“Ok, thank you.” Zangya said smiling back and flying into the air seeing some explosions in the distance she flew towards them.

She arrived in time to see Gohan tilted his head to the side avoiding a punch thrown by Ginnie, he then jumped up to avoid a low kick, when he flipped over her landing behind her, and kicked her in the back sending her crashing into a few trees. She decided not to disturb them and watch a little longer by sitting on a large tree branch nearby to watch as things started picking up.

“Saturday Crush!” Ginnie shouted as she threw a pink colored attack at Gohan, who did something with his hands making them glow as he somehow caught the attack and threw it back towards the rushing Ginnie, catching her by surprise as she was hit with her own attack.

“Come on Ginnie you have to try harder than that!” Gohan called out as Ginnie was engulfed in a cloud of smoke. Ginnie jumped back her hair and clothes were slightly burnt from the result.

“Fine!” Ginnie shouted as a white aura surrounded her as two beams of energy appeared in her palms she shouted, “Double Sunday!” the two beams flew towards Gohan.

Gohan made his hands glow again but was surprised when the attack hit the ground in front of him causing a cloud of smoke to surround him. She watched as Ginnie flew above him looking to attack him, with an axe kick, which cleared the smoke around them from the resulting impact. However, Gohan seemed to have known what she was going to do because he was standing there with his forearm was above his head blocking her kick, “Not bad, using the smoke as a distraction.” Gohan said smiling.

“I’m not done yet!” Ginnie said smiling as she wrapped her tail around his forearm and tried to yank him off balance, but failed to, “W-what!?”

“That won’t work if someone is expecting it.” Gohan said smiling.

“W-what!? What are you doing!?” Ginnie asked, shocked as Gohan grabbed her tail with both hands.

“You’ll see!” Gohan said as he began to spin her around.

“N-no Gohan, stop it!!” Ginnie shouted as he continued to spin her around. “Let me go!!”

“Ok, if you say so.” Gohan said smiling as he let her go.

“Gohan, you jerkkk!!!” Ginnie shouted as she was sent flying into the sky.

Gohan had a large grin on his face, “He has a nice smile.” She thought.

“Hey, Zangya.” Gohan said, turning to look at Zangya, surprising her.

“…How did you know I was here?” Zangya asked floating down from the tree branch she had been watching from.

“I sensed you when you arrived.” Gohan said smiling at her.

“Sensed me? Is that how you knew we were coming yesterday?” Zangya asked, as Gohan nodded.

“How did you find us?” Gohan asked as he glanced at the sky where she saw Ginnie coming back.

“I asked your mom, and she told me to follow the loud booms.” Zangya said, waving at Ginnie who landed near them.

“Hello.” Ginnie said waving back, “That wasn’t funny Gohan!” she said pouting at him.

“Yeah, it was.” Gohan said smiling at her.

“…What are doing here Zangya, are you here to train too?” Ginnie said, looking away from Gohan and towards her.

“…No, I’m not, well at least not today.” Zangya said shaking her head, “Although, I wouldn’t mind fighting you again Gohan, I’ll love to see all you can offer.” She said, turning to him with a smile while brushing her hair behind her ear.

“Y-yeah, no problem, I wouldn’t mind fighting you again either.” Gohan said, blushing a little before looking away. Zangya smiled seeing that, “he’s going to be fun to tease.” She thought.

“…So, what brings you here Zangya?” Ginnie asked, breaking the silence.

“Gohan said he would take me out sightseeing today after you guys finished training.” Zangya explained. “Remember?” she said looking at him.

“Right, yeah, I remember, are you ready?” Gohan asked.

“Yeah, I’m ready.” Zangya said nodding her head.

“Oh, can I come?” Ginnie asked smiling.

“Sure, the more the merrier.” Gohan said smiling at her.

“Great thank you!” Ginnie said happily, “I know some great places to visit. I’ll head home and shower, meet you outside your house Gohan.” Ginnie said flying off quickly.

“…she’s excited.” Zangya said watching as Ginnie slowly disappeared into the distance. She was slightly disappointed that she wasn’t spending the day alone with Gohan, but she saw that his family was important to him, so she didn’t mind much.

“Yeah, let me go home to shower as well and then we can go.” Gohan said, flying into the air.

“Ok, sounds good.” Zangya said nodding her head flying next to him.

____

(AN: When I first wrote this chapter, I wrote it picking up at the end of the last one but as I was going over it, I found that I wasn’t happy with it and decided to try going in a different direction. Which led me to writing it from Zangya’s perspective instead, which I found that I liked a little more.

There will be one more chapter from Zangya’s perspective before we go back to Gohan’s, but I will warn you that there will be some small time jumps to help me end this Volume. Which has become a lot longer than I had originally planned, but I like to think that it has worked out for the best.)

1