Chapter 3 : 2 Heroes Shifting the Courses of Destiny
150 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bell Cranel's memories flooded inside Meliodas' head.

As he was absorbing all of this information, he was trying to learn as much information about this world as he could.

Vivid images flashes inside his head and played themselves like a movie.

Bell Cranel's past...

His knowledge about this world...

The time he spent in his village...

His aspirations...

His wish to become a hero...

And also his desire to build a harem...

He had fully acclimated to the memories of a 14-year-old village boy living with his grandfather.

Though Meliodas felt something was off about Bell's grandfather, his presence was eerily similar to that of a divine being but he never thought too deeply about it since the latter was no longer here.

At least this is what it says in Bell's memories.

Meliodas opened his eyes, people were still giving him strange looks but he didn't let this bother him too much and ignored them.

"What an interesting fellow"

Meliodas said.

He was doubting something in his mind, doubts that whether this world was real or an illusion created by the Supreme Deity.

For now, he put those thoughts at the back of his mind and decided to play along and treat this as another world.

One thing that caught his attention though, is that the 'gods' of this world lived among the mortals, unlike their world where they are seclusive and mostly stay on the sidelines.

In comparison, Meliodas' world only consists of three gods or four (if you include the Mother of Chaos) and there are so many gods of different variety in the Danmachi world.

His body jolted in realization, he looked at his arms, and legs and even touched his face.

His skin was too soft and pure, his height had increased a little and he was wearing strange clothing that he had never worn before.

All the hard muscles in his body were gone and replaced with a tender but developing flesh.

"This isn't my body"

He spotted a nearby puddle of water and looked at his reflection and saw a familiar yet unfamiliar face.

"Red eyes...white hair... don't tell me!"

He just realized that he was in the body of the boy that he saw in those memories.

His first reaction was confusion, then a bit of panic and then he scratched his head while making a puzzled expression.

"If I am in his body then where is the original owner?"

That is when he felt another presence inside him, it was faint but he could feel Bell's pure and transparent soul in an unawakened state.

Meliodas made a worried expression, he wondered if his sudden transmigration might have gotten Bell killed indirectly or if his consciousness would be asleep for eternity.

He didn't know if there were any negative effects that could be brought by his sudden arrival.

Even though he never spoke to or even met Bell in person, he cared for him because he watched his entire life unfold and knew that the boy never deserved such a fate.

"Bell... it is such a nice name... it sounds a bit too feminine for a boy though"

Meliodas was considering naming his child 'Bell' if he ever returns to his world.

In the middle of his thoughts, he heard a groan followed by a yawn ringing inside his head.

"Bell?"

Meliodas muttered under his breath.

He closed his eyes and in the next moment, he was in a dark room, he looked up and saw a floating white light descending towards him.

Meliodas's grin grew bigger when he saw Bell's figure, he looked like a ghost but he knew that this was the boy's soul.

The moment Bell opened his eyes, he stared at a blonde boy grinning at him and was confused for a moment and had a dumbfounded look on his face.

Bell and Meliodas stared at each other for a while.

With a smile on his face, Meliodas was relieved that Bell was still alright, it looked like nothing bad happened to him, so his worries immediately dissipated.

"Uwaaaaaahh!!!???"

Bell screamed as he fell flat on his butt.

Bell looked around and saw nothing but an empty-looking dark room with no light in sight, cobwebs filled his brain as his mind spun to make sense of his situation.

"Yo! the name's Meliodas, nice to see moving about and well"

Meliodas turned a deaf ear to Bell's confused expression and introduced himself in a lighthearted manner.

Bell's POV

'Where am I? What is this place? and who is this boy in front of me'?

Bell said in his thoughts.

He tried to make sense of what was going on and tried to figure out what happened to him, but no matter how much his mind spun, he couldn't come up with an answer.

'I was heading to the dungeon as usual then I got a nasty headache and passed out somewhere on a bench'

He remembered what happened to him before he passed out and got even more confused.

Bell then heard the blonde boy introducing himself and found out his name was Meliodas.

'Is he the one who brought me here?'

But suddenly, his brows shot up.

"WAIT AM I DEAD?? IS THIS THE AFTERLIFE??"

Bell shouted and panicked, that was the only answer he could come up with at the moment, he somehow died and the boy in front of him was here to collect his soul.

The thought of him randomly dying when he was just beginning to be an adventurer brought a great deal of sadness to him.

'Grandpa... he made me promise that I would do great things in this world'

'Randomly dying is pathetic, and to think I was a fool who thought that I could be one of those heroes in the stories that my grandfather read for me'

His eyes turned misty and wanted to cry but no tears came out as he was only a soul, he ridiculed himself for having such a lofty goal and ambition.

'Maybe this is why no one wanted me, I'm sorry that you have such a useless familia member like me Goddess Hestia'

No POV (Third Person)

Meliodas saw Bell's expression and could immediately tell what he was thinking, so he tried to pacify him and tell him that he was still alive.

'I think' Meliodas muttered in a low voice that Bell couldn't hear.

Bell visibly cheered up from Meliodas' words.

"I'm so glad to hear that, what a relief, for a second there I thought I kicked the bucket in the most pathetic way possible"

Feeling relieved, Bell calmed down and returned to his cheerful and naive self.

"Where are we? And what is this place?"

Bell asked as he looked around.

"I think we are inside your body or the place which holds the soul"

Meliodas replied while putting his fingers up his chin.

"Wait! if this is my body, then how come you are here?" Bell said.

"I don't know either, but I think someone or something used a spell to bind my soul into this body, I don't know what their motive was and I don't know who did this"

Meliodas said as he lied at the last part because he felt it was unnecessary to tell him.

Seeing Bell's memory, he didn't even know the existence of the Supreme Deity.

"So wait, are you gonna be here with me for a while until we find a way to bring things back to normal?"

Bell said in a flustered voice.

"Well, I guess we are partners now"

Meliodas said with a slight grin.

"Why are you so calm? At least be a little more serious about it"

Bell pouted when he saw that Meliodas didn't look too worried.

"I'm a little used to these weird situations, and from my experience, no good results will happen if we keep getting anxious about everything"

Meliodas said while shrugging.

Bell was a bit suspicious due to what he said but put the thought away for now because now they were in the same boat.

"So how do I get back to my body? And wait, what would happen to you if I did? Are you gonna be a little voice in my head all the time?"

Bell asked, he didn't want to be stuck in this place forever and wanted his body back.

"To answer your first question, to get control back on your body, just focus your soul and merge with the vessel or in this case the room here, as for the second and third questions the answer is, who knows? I don't know the answer to that either"

Bell realized that he hasn't introduced himself yet probably because he was they were too distracted trying to figure out their situation.

"My name is Bell, Bell Cranel by the way, I guess we're gonna be stuck with each other until we find a way to fix this mess"

He took out his hand to initiate a handshake.

Meliodas accepted it and they smiled at each other despite the situation they were in.

Maybe it was because of the calm demeanor that Meliodas displayed.

It lightened the mood around them as Bell relaxed his panicking heart, the tension that he was feeling disappeared like it never existed.

From this day forward, a spontaneous yet legendary adventure awaits them, as the course of fate and destiny shifted in the world of Danmachi due to the arrival of the Dragon Sin.

3