Chapter 4 : Shared Memories
140 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"After 3000 years of being cursed we thought we could finally take it easy but nope, not even a year later, this happened"

Meliodas said while he sat down in a dark and empty space, sitting across him was Bell whose eyes turned misty.

"Now, we are not even in the same world, that damn goddess, when I get back, I'll make her pay the price for separating us once again"

Meliodas' voice turned icy while a dangerous glint appeared in his green eyes.

"I never knew, a world that exists that is separate from my own, a world without the dungeon and the holy war"

"Just Wow!"

Bell was still in a daze as he processed every single piece of information that he got from Meliodas.

"I don't know if I could endure as much you did, the pain of being separated from your loved ones, the thousands of years of suffering, that goddess is too cruel!"

Bell exclaimed with a hint of anger in his voice.

"I knew from my grandpa that deities are eccentric beings that came from the mortal to seek entertainment, but toying with someone's life like that, that is just too much"

Bell said while showing sympathy for Meliodas with an apologetic expression on his face.

Bell never had a good impression of the Supreme Deity from the onset.

Since they were stuck with each other from now on, they might as well try to get to know each other better, it was convenient that Meliodas knew everything about Bell from seeing the latter's memories.

So he took the initiative to introduce himself and told some things about himself.

In the end, while in the middle of storytelling.

Bell screamed in agony while clutching his head and suddenly passed out.

When Bell woke up, Meliodas discovered that Bell somehow viewed Meliodas' memories just like how Meliodas viewed Bell's memories.

A nearly unbreakable bond was formed between the two.

Although Bell was somewhat displeased to discover that Meliodas twisted his story a bit, as the story he told earlier had lies mixed in with the truths.

The reason for this was because somewhere in the back of Meliodas' head, he thought this was not a real world, and it was just a false world created by the Supreme Deity and had a suspicion that Bell was the Supreme Deity in disguise.

But suspicion was just a suspicion, since Meliodas hadn't managed to confirm it, he tried to get along with Bell and Meliodas asked Bell how many of his memories he managed to see.

"A lot, or at least I think so"

Bell replied as he scratched his left cheek while showing a wry smile, his gaze when he looked at Meliodas completely changed.

Admiration and adulation were visible in his eyes, his mind recalled the things that he saw in Meliodas' memories.

However, the limitation of Bell's human mind could not fully acclimate to the 3000 years' worth of memories, Bell saw just enough to get the gist of who Meliodas truly was.

The biggest surprise that Bell had found out was that the blonde boy that he just talked to came from a different world.

Although the settings and background were very similar.

Being a medieval, magic, and fantasy world and all.

Meliodas' world and their system work very differently in one way or another.

One key difference was that the inhabitants of Meliodas' world don't rely on falna or the blessings of a deity, a.k.a the power system of the Danmachi world.

A falna is the blessing that you receive from your patron god when you join a certain familia or faction, you get stronger by gathering excelia, which you get from killing monsters and going through many different types of battles.

The build of your falna will be shaped based on your experiences.

One example is that if you read a lot of books and are adept at magic, there is a high chance that falna will be directed towards the mage build.

The falna will adjust itself to satisfy the skillset of the person.

Your personality, how you train, race, life experience, desires, and drive.

These are the factors that could affect how your falna will develop.

In the Danmachi World, it was common sense that those that have falna were usually stronger than those without one.

In the world of Britannia, everyone's power is completely innate and doesn't require the use of blessings to become stronger.

The way to get stronger in the world of the Seven Deadly Sins was to train, it's that straightforward.

The closest thing to a falna in Britannia was the 4 graces bestowed upon the 4 archangels of the goddess clan by the Supreme Deity and the ten commandments bestowed upon the strongest demons from the demon clan by the Demon King.

Another wave of surprise that Bell received from Meliodas' memories is Meliodas himself.

Or more specifically, the life that he had been through.

He had heard stories about elves that could live for hundreds of years but the boy in front of him was easily thousands of years old and he doesn't look that much older than a standard teenager.

If Bell haven't been able to view Meliodas' memories, he wouldn't believe it even if Meliodas himself told him.

'This guy is much older than grandpa'

Bell thought.

Even though he was in disbelief, the memories that he got from Meliodas felt way too real to be faked, he had no choice but to accept this fact.

Although the reality is that Bell was unable to fully view the complete version of Meliodas' memories, his normal human mind does not have the capacity and could not fully absorb everything.

Meliodas was able to view Bell's 14 years' worth of memories but  Bell couldn't do the same thing for Meliodas' 3000 years' worth of memories.

In fact, he only managed to view 2% of Meliodas' memories, but the 2% was already 60 years' worth of memories.

Some of the memories that Bell saw were fragmented and had some holes in them, however, the most recent memories were easier to see.

In layman's terms, the abridged version of the story of the Seven Deadly Sins was downloaded inside Bell's mind.

Meliodas' story alone was way more interesting than all of the hero stories that he read so far.

Bell was so fascinated that he almost became his fan and strive to be like him, fueling his desire to become someone great once more.

Though Bell felt a bit sad when Meliodas thought of his world as just a mirage created by the deity that played tricks on him, after all, seeing what Meliodas had been through, Bell couldn't find it in his heart to blame him.

Another thing that Bell noted was that the different races that populated both worlds varied differently.

Britannia has demons, beastmen, goddesses, giants, fairies, humans, and vampires.

While in danmachi, they have elves, dwarves, pallums, humans, amazons, and beastmen.

The only species that are present in both worlds were humans and beastmen.

'Why is that?'

Bell questioned in his mind.

One thing that he was confused about was the goddess clan, he initially thought they were the strongest because they consists of gods, just like in the name, but that was just the name of their race and not actual gods.

There are only 3 or 4 gods that existed in the world of Britannia.

Bell continued to search through Meliodas' memories, with the latter's permission of course.

He felt different arrays of emotions, so much pain and yet so much bliss and sometimes in between.

Meliodas' adventures were something no one in his world could rival.

"Well now you know why I really need to go back home"

Meliodas said with a cheeky grin, his sullen mood vanished into thin air.

'This guy, he changed face really quick'

Bell wiped the tears on his face.

"Yeah, let's find a way to get you back home, Meliodas-dono"

Bell held a great admiration and respect for Meliodas after looking through his memories, in his eyes, Meliodas was the greatest hero he has the pleasure of knowing and he also became his personal hero and his goal.

"Just call me Meliodas, you don't need to add an honorific"

Meliodas said while waving his hands nonchalantly.

"Ok, Meliodas ... so what now? I need to get back to my body, I'm probably still sitting there on the bench, you told me to focus my soul and merge? How am I gonna supposed to do that?"

"I'll help you with that"

Meliodas proceeded to instruct Bell on what to do.

"Touch the floor, sit in a lotus position and try to focus"

"Since this is your body, it will come naturally, just like breathing"

When all of this was happening, Meliodas split his consciousness into two and controlled Bell's body from the inside while they were talking.

"I'll release control and then you must immediately merge, got it?"

Bell nodded his head.

"Yeah I got it"

After that, Bell's hand began to light up, followed by the rest of his body and his soul was slowly dissolving into the floor.

His entire soul body began to disappear like he was fusing with the surroundings, and he was covered in an ethereal aura.

After he disappeared, Meliodas sensed that Bell's presence was everywhere, like an omniscient being had descended upon him.

Meliodas whistled in amazement.

Particles of white light flew everywhere like glitter as Bell regained control of his body.

3