Chapter 5 : The Watchful Eye in the Tower
151 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bell opened his eyes and woke up in a dark alley, his red eyes shone in the shadows.

He was confused and puzzled at first, he turned his head around left and right to find out where he was and why he was here.

Vivid images suddenly flashed inside his head, images of a certain blonde boy grinning at him with a relaxed face.

He felt a sudden wave of pain all over his head and grunted in pain.

His eyes flashed in enlightenment and remembered his encounter with Meliodas.

For a second, he thought that it was just a dream, an illusion created inside his mind, he had a hard time believing what he just experienced was real.

However, the emotions and the dream felt way too lucid and real for it to be a dream.

'Did I go crazy?'

Bell thought.

Then he heard a whisper.

(Hey, don't be thinking that I'm not real, after the emotion fest that you've shown me, hurts my feelings you know)

Bell's eyes widened into a full circle, he recognized that voice, it was the boy that he met in that dream, it was at this moment that he knew that dream was very real.

"Woah! I can hear you... w-w-wait, you can read my thoughts?"

Bell said in a nervous tone.

(Yeah for some reason I can hear your thoughts, I can see what you see and hear what you hear)

"Wait! What?! That is c-creepy"

Bell said, he suddenly felt shivers all over his spine for some reason.

(I don't know how it works either, maybe if my friend Merlin were here, she might explain how this works)

"You mean the mage?! The Boars Sin of Gluttony?"

(Yeah, too bad, if she were here, things would be much easier, even though its a completely new magic system, give her some time to do some research and she will have more knowledge than we can cope with, plus we need to come up with a plan on how am I gonna get back, we don't even know where to start)

"Maybe we can ask my Goddess, we can trust her"

Bell suggested.

If one were to ask him if there was one person that he trusted the most apart from Meliodas, it would be his patron goddess, Hestia, the goddess of the hearth and one of the three virgin goddesses.

When everyone rejected him, she took him under her wings and gave him a home and a roof to sleep under, the gentleness in her eyes reminded him of the warmth of a fireplace.

One flaw that Bell had to point out though, was that she tends to get a little too clingy but Bell thought that it was one of her charms and her way to show her love for him.

Of course, he thinks that 'love' was more like a parental type of love, not love that involves the relationship of men and women.

(Hmm, yeah you are right, maybe the gods of this world might have some knowledge and shed some light on this situation, that is our only lead)

"Do we go and ask her now or can we go to the dungeon? To be honest my familia's financial situation is not looking that good right now"

(Though I am in a hurry to get back home, I don't want to disrupt your life as an adventurer, you can go to the dungeon if you want, we can ask her tonight besides she is not home right now anyway and probably still working at her job)

"I will help you reunite with your loved ones one day, I promise you"

Bell pledged inside his heart.

He was determined to help Meliodas return to his world and reunite with his love once more.

His head peeked out of the alleyway and after finding out where he was, he walked towards the location of the dungeon.

He looked up and he could see a large tower that literally pierced the sky, this was the most famous landmark in the city, the center of Orario, The Babel Tower.

No matter how much Bell tried to look, he was unable to see the end of the tower as it was covered with clouds in the sky.

Just under that tower was the dungeon, the most dangerous place in the world and where most adventurers go on a daily basis to make a living.

(If you want, I can help you train, you saw my memories, I was close to becoming the Demon King myself, we might encounter some problems later on, so having the strength to protect ourselves is necessary)

Meliodas suggested.

Bell's eyes sparkled and his face showed a trace of excitement.

After their encounter and seeing his memories, Meliodas became his favorite hero and idol.

Getting trained by someone like him would be the best thing he could ever receive.

Albeit Meliodas was just a voice inside his head that only he could hear, there were downsides to this and the methods that Meliodas could teach him were limited, but it was still worthwhile and was better than nothing.

On the top floor of the Babel Tower, a certain goddess was watching a certain white-haired adventurer heading towards the dungeon, she saw him by chance and got intrigued when she saw his transparent soul and wanted to get him at all cost.

She had silver-colored hair and purple eyes that shined in an enchanting light that can mesmerize anyone who would lay their eyes upon it.

These pair of purple eyes could see the nature of one's soul, this was an ability that garnered the envy of other deities.

Desire welled up inside her as she watched the boy jogging towards the dungeon with a happy smile on his face.

However, what happened afterward was something she did not expect.

He screamed in agony out of nowhere and passed out.

Her eyes shined with a weird light as she made a puzzled expression on her face.

For a brief moment, his transparent soul started to dim down and disappeared as if it was never there.

His transparent soul was immediately replaced with a pitch jet black color.

A trace of shock appeared on her face.

The color of someone's soul could not change that quickly.

Most babies and infants were born with transparent and clean souls but over time, different shades of colors would start to take over.

This was not her first time seeing a soul change colors but it was her first time seeing an instantaneous change.

An individual with a transparent soul at Bell's age was very rare, that was why she was intrigued by him, however, the desire to possess him became even stronger when the same person possessed a pitch jet black soul.

It was a color that she had never seen before.

She was dumbfounded for a while, trying to make sense of what was going on with him.

She continued to observe the boy as she was already at the edge of her seat or more accurately, her throne.

A minute had passed and the white-haired boy stood and looked around like he was lost until his body suddenly turned stiff for some reason.

After another minute, he walked towards an alley where, unfortunately, her line of sight could not see.

One thing she noticed was that his demeanor transformed from a rookie and naive adventurer into a veteran warrior that had experienced thousands of battles.

Or at least that is what she felt.

But before he walked towards the dark alley, the boy turned his head and looked in her direction, those red eyes were staring straight at her, which gave the goddess a good scare.

'He could actually see me?'

The goddess thought as she showed an amused smile on her face, the more she looked at him, the more she got intrigued.

She could tell that the boy had more going on than what is shown on the surface.

She speculated inside her head and thought of the possibilities on the reason why the color of his soul changed so fast.

'Multiple personalities?'

She shook her head in denial, even if a person suffered from that condition, the color of his soul should not change that much.

She has seen many examples of such people suffering the same condition so she was fairly confident in her assumption.

A treasure of secrets seemed to have surrounded the boy that she took an interest in on a whim and the possessive feeling inside her grew stronger and stronger.

When she saw him again as the boy emerged from the alley, his soul returned to normal and so was his demeanor.

The stoic and muscular Boaz stood beside her and remained silent.

His face was blank as usual as he stood beside the silver-haired goddess like a loyal attendant.

Even when the goddess took an interest in some random kid that she saw on the streets, he didn't even have any sort of reaction like this sort of thing was normal.

Seeing such a face on his most beloved goddess, he looked out the window and wanted to see for himself what kind of person that had received the attention of his goddess.

It was at this moment when Meliodas was staring straight at them with an unfeeling gaze.

Meliodas' eyes landed on Freya before shifting his gaze towards him.

He suddenly felt chills down his spine, his initial impression of him suddenly changed, someone that could see through their gazes was not someone ordinary.

The man that stood beside the goddess was the undisputed strongest adventurer in Orario, the sole level 7 and currently, no one was his match as far as he was concerned.

For him to feel chills from a weak-looking boy that looked like a rookie, his evaluation of the white-haired boy raised sharply.

Except for his beloved goddess, he was a man that admires strength above all else, he could feel the boy's potential.

He knew that he was someone he should look forward to and he finally saw why his goddess was so interested in him.

For the first time, he broke character and his usually stoic face disappeared and showed a small grin.

This even surprised the goddess when she looked at the man beside her.

"Ottar"

The goddess said in a melodious voice, revealing the name of the stoic Boaz man.

The goddess' voice entered his ears, his grin disappeared and his face returned to what it usually was.

"Yes, my goddess Freya?"

He revealed the name of the goddess as he responded in a monotone voice but his tone seemed like he was ready to obey any order she would give no matter the cost.

Freya smiled and continued to look at the window while staring at the white-haired boy, a glint flashed through her eyes.

2