Chapter 11: Don’t be shy, darling.
804 5 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 11: Don't be shy, darling.

"Welcome~ To [Montilum Slave Auction] event! Don't be shy~ come sit with me, darling." (Lady Clarisse) flops onto a soft looking red leather chair inviting me over while I look onto the expensive looking glass overlooking all the people below. I stood there gazing at them.

There were so many people, especially clients that were dressed in silver masks and exquisite clothing. I wondered if they partake in these events for fun and entertainment. Now that I think about it we're in a private box meaning no one else would see us together right?

"Even in this private box of yours do we still need to wear these?" I ask, pointing at the gold mask on my face and she nods.

"Why of course, you wouldn't want your reputation being soiled after being seen to have entered a slave ring. Even if we're in a private box darling, never trust anyone here."

"Other nobles from higher families are visiting here as well- however their tastes are not into people with prowess for fighting." (Lady Clarisse) chuckles putting a finger on her lips looking at me as if she was waiting for a grand reaction that I'll break or hide from her words.

"So these people are into what category then?" I ask.

"They're into people who can certainly service them in... the bedroom. Oh! Do you need further demonstration? I would be happy to volunteer if you don't know what I mean-" (Lady Clarisse) suggests another inappropriate regard and I quickly raise my hand to stop her.

I cut her off, not needing further demonstration or explanation on what she was trying to say. "No, that will be all. I understand what you're trying to explain." I see that there are several other districts of slavery as expected.

These were almost never mentioned in the otome game after all.

This was one of the downsides of the world of [Teliyah] and its best to keep it as it is, might be better for the younger audiences of the game that they never explored this part of the world nor was it published.

It'll be met with a certain backlash for such.

I decided that I will keep the mask like she said. It would be better that my visit here would be secret- but I suppose once the guards that accompanied me told my brother where I had been.

I'll be in some trouble but nothing I can't surely handle.

"Hmm... darling, I do believe I offered you a seat. Don't be shy, I don't bite." (Lady Clarisse) continued to pat on the seat she offered and I walked towards her putting up a great poise and utter elegance of a true lady as I placed back the mask onto my face.

I looked behind Elise who waves a little and ushered me to continue with my mission. I wanted to give her a proper sit... I don't know if she's standing over there while I'm enjoying the privilege of being able to take a seat.

However for the two perverted guards, they can stand until morning.

"Can you... give my maid a seat. I don't like the sight of her standing up. Its utterly horrible to see, so can you get her a chair so that she looks not too bad to look at?"

Lady Clarisse tilted her head in confusion at my words and my face tried its best not to look too flushed. Truly, I wanted to tell her I don't want my maid to be sore from standing but... I just can't stop adding insults to it!

I bet this is the original Scarlett's doing.

My manner of speech is affected because of her still residing in my body!

Our... body? Her body? My body?!

"Darling, you could've just told me you wanted a seat for her." she snapped her fingers and some servants went out, possibly grabbing her a chair and I looked away not being able to meet her eyes. "Such a unique way of asking, it baffled me of what you truly wanted."

"It's... complicated." I replied while noticing a folder beside where she sat. My curiosity got the best of me and remembered why I’m here. "Now mind telling me of this whole ordeal you dragged me into?"

"Oh right, darling. I've forgotten about our whole shopping trip. You said you wanted someone who can teach you how to fight and well I've gathered up the best fighters we have that you might take interest in." (Lady Clarisse) hands over the folder I was eyeing before and never took off her wide smile towards me.

"Go ahead and open it." she insisted and I followed what she told me. I opened the folder and realized that these were all the fighter's background information. From where they came from and what style of fighting they have.

"I went ahead and even pulled out a show for you. To showcase their marvelous talents, darling. Are you happy?" (Lady Clarisse) seemed to be infatuated with my reaction to all this. If she had a tail, it would be wagging like crazy right now from the looks of her pair red eyes gazing at my amethyst ones.

I was sweeping through the folder however and found that almost all of the fighters here are beast-men who have been in debt and sold into slavery.

Truly fascinating, I couldn't help myself from being distracted by reading the whole thing completely ignoring everything that's calling out to me.

"Hello? Darling~? Hmm... You're too immersed by that folder. I want your attention." she reached out to take the folder away from me but I just moved away instinctively.

"Give me a few more moments. I am finding you really tolerable of how organized you are. All of the files here are alphabetically organized." I can't believe I'm saying this but I want to be her someday.

If this is one folder- just imagine her other information she has, the folders and the papers. As a former office worker you do not know how I'm loving this right now. I just... I might have a thing for people who know how to organize their files properly. "You... are not that bad."

"Oh? Is that how you genuinely compliment people?" she chuckles, slowly relaxing into her seat. "Be careful there, I might be a little turned on with how you're being infatuated on how I organize things-"

At this point my respect is all gone and I just see her as a pervert who flirts a lot.

"Moment ruined." I push her leaning face away from mine.

"Are you this touchy with every girl you see?" I ask her while she pulls her face away getting the message that I am not interested in... whatever homosexual fantasies she have.

"Only cute girls who know how to pick a really nice gift for a gal like me." (Lady Clarisse) takes her folder back and soon her servants come back with the seat I ordered for Elise.

"Ah... Thank you." (Elise) takes the chair not being able to refuse because we've been here for almost half an hour and it softens my heart seeing her being alright. She took a seat and I quickly averted my gaze that I was looking at her only to meet another annoying person beside me.

"Oh? You can smile like a normal person, Lady Scarlett. It's the same smile from before. The time I pointed out your little accessory by the neck." she turned to my choker and I didn't even notice that my face had a smile on. 

How can you even know the difference of how people smile?

I quickly shake my head denying her accusation. "No and are we going to start the show or not? Or will you waste my time and ask me more useless questions." she was getting personal at this point and for some reason I didn't like it. Not one bit.

"Apologies for stalling. Here you can ring this bell so we can officially start the show, won't you be a dear darling?" (Lady Clarisse) hands me over the bell and I hold it by the wooden tip feeling light in my hand. "Go on. Ring it."

I looked back at the bell and started ringing it twice.

Cling! Cling!

Soon an applause could be heard and the ring opened its sides revealing a human and a beast-men with chains by their necks growling at each other could be seen. "Enjoy the show. Point to me which fighter you want by the end of this and they shall be at your disposal." (Lady Clarisse)

She lazily grabs a bottle of wine and this felt really new to me.

I'm no longer in a game. I can actually see the world in a new perspective- not the heroine's but the Villainess and other side characters that exist here.

There's no Student A or B.

They're real people with their own lives and own... twisted personalities.

"Want a cup?" she offers me a drink, the wine on her transparent wine glass dances around as she shakes the liquid, looking so very tempting but I just remembered physically I'm underaged so I can't really... drink.

"I'm... not good with alcohol because I'm underage." I turned her down and she seemed to have taken offense to my reply.

"Nonsense darling, you're only three years younger than me. I'm already drinking by that age." (Lady Clarisse)

Well in my old world- I would like to keep my old morals and not drink until I'm of proper age. This... whole shopping might take a while though.

Thank you to my patreon!
Platymage

32