Arrival
26 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 The train ground to a halt at the station, screeching as it went. Streams of people started to flow out of its doors, among them an old, grizzled gentleman wearing a suit that seemed to match his age made his way into the street. Who was he? A Dr. Bertold Vanderbilt, veteran epidemiologist, field doctor, and known as "The toughest doctor of the age."

Once he found his way out of the station, he was graced with a view of the poor district, an area he deliberately chosen to arrive in.

 One of the first things he noticed was the color of the street, a strange mixture of brown and black with seemed to form no particular pattern, along with a large number of horse-drawn vehicles. Secondly, the air was rather unpleasant, seemingly filled with something. And finally, some of the windows in the buildings had a wall going right in the middle of them, obviously not part of the original design.

Dr. Vanderbilt started to make his way to his workplace, reasoning that there's little he could do until he arrived. His workplace, of course, was located on St. George Avenue, near the edge of the city on the coast. St. George happened to be part of the original town of Winstam, a quaint little village, before the rapid growth the city faced in the past half-century, it also happened to be the administrative center of New Winstam with various offices housed in the old buildings.

Why was Dr. Vanderbilt going to St. George then? Well, I suppose it might have something to do with him being appointed Minister of Health.

1