Missing
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two weeks later, office of the Minister of Health 7:00 in the morning

A letter arrived in the post today written in unfamiliar handwriting, along with a cut off finger with a ring still attached, needless to say it was the finger of his wife judging from the marriage ring. The letter detailed how the Minister's family was abducted late last night and offered conditions for their release. Resign from the position as Minister of Health and never enter New Winstam again. Vanderbilt was suddenly caught in a dilemma, he failed to anticipate a target on his family. He cares for his family, but he simply cannot give up on his hunt, he has always had trouble breaking away from obsessions. What to do, what to do...

Come to think of it, he still has a great many friends in the capital, if he stalled for time he might drag this on enough for his family to be rescued. The question is, how to stall...

-------------

3 days later, a military garrison a bit outside the Capital

The Minister of Health in New Winstam, Dr. Vanderbilt, has not been seen for the past few days. Disappearing from public sight around 8:00 PM four days ago. His associates proclaim no knowledge of where he might be, while the authorities are still investigating the case. If you spot him, please inform your local police department immediately.

The elderly woman crumpled up the newspaper and threw it to the side, "Bah, that old man can't keep still even when in danger. And here I was, rushing to protect our family, hoping to see his worried face on the news, and all I get is a disappearing act?! Sigh I guess he is still the wily fella I knew back in the war. Still, I suppose the abductos are panicking now, news of suspicious movement should reach me soon enough. Hopefully then I can get some payback." The woman muttered while starting to fiddle with her gun using a hand that is conspicuously missing a finger.

------------------

Same day, an unidentifiable place.

"What do you mean Vanderbilt is missing?!" The shadowy figure questioned in outrage.

"That's just it boss, we managed to track him for a day after he left his office, but we lost him when night fell!"

"How in the world did you manage to lose an elderly man with a team of trackers?" The figure asked, clearly trying to calm down, failing miserably in the process.

"Well, he entered a homeless shelter and-"

"Stop, I do not wish to know." The figure interrupted their goon, "Find him, quickly."

"Yes boss, right away." The goon hurriedly assured.

----------------

Same day, somewhere in New Winstam

Vanderbilt found that his patience has run pretty much dry at this point, he was done with this interference . He could not continue with his projects with people constantly getting in his way, so he went to the only place he could find a sword sharp enough to cut these dregs away. He turned towards St. George Avenue, and the unassuming Mayor's office found within.

0