Side Bit: A Day
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bang Bang Bang


"Wake up ya lout, it's work time!" The knocker-upper shouted, informing the resident of the house to wake up. He did not sick around to get cursed at though, as he had many more houses to bang on and a city to help wake.

Jimothy cared not for the knocker-upper however, his hands were filled to the brim handling the kids whille his husband fixed a breakfast and lunch for the both of them at an ungodly pace. Jimothy is still rather grouchy that the union did not manage to secure a lunch for all the workers, but what can ya do? It's not like he doesn't get any benefits from being in the union. Hell, his husband and he make enough money for their children to not have to work, they get to spend time playing and learning with the children from the orphanage. Unfortunately that fancy sewer line hasn't reached his house, likely since they aren't a "priority" for the city, so the family had to make do with an outhouse. Anyway, they sent the children away, parted eith a kiss, and left to go to their respective workplaces.

Jimothy worked at the steelmakers near the mines, a horrid, smoggy part of the city, but it pays well, and that is all that matters. Luckily the union managed to make face cloths part of the uniform or he would have no protection whatsoever. On his way to the steelmakers he walked through numerous neighborhoods including his poor residential area, a ghetto, and a quiet red light district. Oddly enough the red light district was the cleanest neighborhood he passed through.

Anyway, he arrived at the steelmakers, clocked in, and began work. Jimothy took part in handling the fiurnaces, one of the more risky jobs but Jim and his coworkers are professionals. He worked for around 10 hours, a grueling amount of time to be managing a furnace, but he made it out okay and started the trek back home in the cool summer, luckily it was still bright outside in summer, so there is that to be thankful for. At this time the red light district was starting to wake up and some of his coworkers partook in the "festivities" but Jim refrained from such activities and made his way straight home.

His husband was also making his way home around this time, due to them working the same shift at different jobs, and they boths arrived home to greet the kids. Thankfully the orphanage keeps track of the time so they didn't have to go out of their way to fetch them in the afternoon. Jim started to fix dinner while his husband talked to their kids about what they did at the orphanage today. It turns out they played tag and learned some basic math, they also heard the story "The Princess and the Frog" and recounted it for the family. By the end of it dinner was prepared and they started to eat, though the kids scarfed down most of the food on the table. Jim spent some time playing with the kids while his husband worked on airing out the room as best he could. Finally they went to bed, awaiting the next day.

0