Chapter 7
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The days following Starter Forest were long ones for Tala and Charfoal; it wasn't a short time to the Dragon lake by means, and with all the traveling they had done, they decide to have a small break before they crossed the Lake.

Using wild logs as chairs, a table is placed in front of her, and while she eating the curry, Tala looks at the Town map next to the bowl and studies.

"So... Nightwing Town in is the middle of the NightWing Forest and in the middle of the Darkness iland and the middle of the Dragon Lake... wow, that's such a lot of middle for sure," said Tala, her gaze shifted from the town map to the center of the lake, but she couldn't see the island, instead she saw the thick fog gathering there, which made her more and more uneasy, he had never seen such a thick fog like a cloud, how is she going to see while she is walking in there?

Tala shakes her head, that problem she well saves it later, she has two more problems needs to solve, first, how does she cross the lake? second, why is this lake called the Dragon lake?

The last Dragon lake she knew is the lake that has plenty of Gyarados, is this the same as that lake? she wondered.

Charfoal led up his head from his bowl, his tail wagging left to right, looking straight to something.

" What's wrong?" Tala asked.

She follows his gaze to look ahead, something is coming. Tala frowned some, she stand up and squint her eyes to look clearly, a dark figure is swimming toward her.

When it got closer and closer, Tala widened her eyes. It was a Dragon boat, a dragon boat without a person to boating.

"What the...?" Tala froze some, she swallowed and looked up at the sky, the sun was directly above her, so it shouldn't be a ghost...right?

She takes out her PM Dex slowly and aiming the boat, she hopes to aim up a Pokemon that is pushing the boat, but then...

" Drakanoe, a dragon boat Pokemon, Drakanoe evolve from Padolfin, Drakanoe is ......." Tala didn't hear the rest, her mind was blank, she looks down at the PM Dex and sees the image, it is the same as the boat that is not far from her.

"Eh?" a big question mark appears on Tala's head, she looks to the boat, and back to the image, then look at the boat, she looks back and forth a few time, and finally make sure that boat is a Pokemon.
" Phew..." she sighs with relief, a least is not a ghost...

Charfoal didn't know his trainer's frightened, he step forward and saw something is on the Drakanow's neck when Drakanow arrive at the lakeside.

"Char?" Charfoal called, Tala looked at him, and he moved his head letting Tala see there a board on Drakanow's neck.

' Dragon Boat Crossing the Lake:
Payment methods:
1.100 PM Coins to cross the river, and 200 PM Coins to go back and forth.
2. A Pokémon battle, no matter whether you win or lose, as long as it is approved by Drakanoe.' Tala said at loud as she read the board, when she finished, she was thinking about which one she going to pay for.

Charfoal walk to Tala's front, lower his body and call Tala's attention "Charchar!!" Charfoal said with excitement.

"Charfoal?" Tala said surprised"Do you... want to battle?" She said slowly and unsure she know what he wants.

" Charchar!!" Charfoal turns his head to her and nods firmly.

"Ok..." Tala takes a deep breath" I will try my best; I mean I will fight with you." she holds both hands tight, this is her first battle, She doesn't want to disappoint him, she wants to do her best with it.

Drakanoe waits for them to decide when both of them are ready, it opens its mouth, with light blue energy appears, and shot out through the area to Charfoal, " Charfoal duck out!"Tala shouted.

Charfoal quickly ducks to the side, " Charfoal, Ember!" Charfoal opens his mouth and is attacked with small flames, he shot over to the Drakanoe and the attack is missed.

Tala's face turns a shade of pink, she forgot Charfoal is a fire type, of course, is not used to the water, and Dragon type's Drakanoe.

" Think, Tala, Think!" She whispered to herself, then she calls " Charfoal, use quick attack!!"

Charfoal's body glowed white on the periphery, and as he moved, he charged toward the enemy at an almost invisible speed. Drakanoe fired a powerful Watergun attack at Charfoal, with the quick speed help, Charfoal dodged easily and landed a direct hit on Drakanoe.

But without Tala and Charfaol knowing, by the time Drakanoe got hit, he also power up with a pulsing blast of water to attack Charfoal, cause it was close, Charfoal got direct hit by the pulse blast, and he fly back a few feet away to the ground.

"Charfoal!" Tala looked so worried and ask " Are you okay? Can you still get up?"Charfoal stands to his feet and shakes his head, he looks over his shoulder and gives Tala and firm noded.

Another Watergun attack from Drakanoe," Ember!!"Tala said.

Two attacks meet in the middle of the road, the ember heat and the water gun cold, blasting out smoke on the battlefield.

"Use Ember as horizontal!!" Tala called, then add" Follow by Iron tail!!'

Charfoal quickly powered up his small fire and move his head left to right, as he move he fired the attack through the smoke.

After that, Charfoal rushes into the smoke, and his tail starts to glow, Charfoal doesn't have the ability like sharp eyes, but he can know the enemy's location by blocking Ember's voice.

They hear the sound "Eleven o'clock direction" Tala said to remind them of the way, Charfoal hears it. Without hesitation, he jumped up in the air and turned, his glowing tail pointing down, and smashed into Drakanoe with the help of gravitational acceleration.
As Tala hears the clanking sound, the smoke disperses, and she sees Charfol's Iron Tail hitting with a green shield, to power back and forth, the forces on both sides are evenly matched.

Tala calls out " You can do it, Charfoal! Hold on to your power and push him down!!"

"Char!!" the more Charfoal yelled, the more he pushes the green shield backward, before long, the shield fragmented and disappear in front of their eyes, Charfoal's Iron Tail direct hit Drakanoe and knocked him out.

They wait a minute to make sure Drakanoe is unable to battle, but what makes them disappointed is, that Drakanoe gets up quickly.

Charfoal panting heavily, narrow eyes at Drakanoe, ready for the next fight.

But what surprised them was a faint smile on Drakanoe's serious face, and he shook his head and whispered "Draka"

"Char?" Charfoal blinks and turns to look at Tala" Charchar" Charfoal said. "Ummm..." Tala paused, she can't tell what Charfoal is talking about, they look at each other in consternation for a while, Charfoal sighed, he walk close to Drakanoe, and jump to his body.

Charfoal looks at Tala, she suddenly realized that the battle is over and Drakanoe acknowledge them, which means they can cross the lake for free now.

"hehe!" Tala laughs softly, she is happy that they win, well, a half-win is still a win, right? Tala She raised one leg and stepped in the back of Drakanoe with Charfoal, and Drakanoe start boating.

While they are boating Tala pulls Charfoal to her legs and gives him some message, then she said "The key is in our hand." with the sliver of halo appearing around her over and over again.

During the time being in the journey, Tala found out that the halo not only can use to Improve tacit understanding, increase the power of Pokémon, and can also feel their mood when giving them a massage, food, etc., just like in the battle just now, Tala can feel Charfoal's mood that he wants to fight very much, and the mood that he is tired now.

She massaged him distressedly for a while, then stopped when she heard his long, calm snoring.

Is it true that the more you use the halo, the less you need to make basic actions? I always feel that the power of the halo is not only that... Tala pondered, then he shook his head, forget it, study it silently!

She has other things to do, she looks straight and they had entered a thick fog cloud, and with Drakanoe's dodging through some dark rocks, the island of Darkness was in sight!

Nightwing Town, here we come!!

0