Chapter 8: NightWing
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After saying goodbye to Drakanoe, Tala carried Charfoal in her arms while he was sleeping, and walked her way into the iland, but there was a problem Tala has a hard time seeing through the thick fog.

After tripping over the stone for the seventh time, Tala sat helplessly on the ground, even if she has a map, it doesn't mean she can walk through this forest...

She reached out and poked Charfoal's nose lightly. Charfoal sneezed and went back to sleep. Tala was even more helpless. She has tripped so many times, how could Charfoal still sleep so well?

She sighed, and now she is lost, is there anything that can help her out of here?

Charfoal eyes tremble slightly, " Char..." he murmured, and slowly open his eyes, in his unclear eyes, and seem to see something luster was floating in the air.

"Char?' Charfoal said, Tala look at him " Oh, you're awake." Said Tala, and she reach out her hand to rub his head.

Charfoal is looking at her right shoulder and said nothing. She look over her shoulder, nothing but some thick fog, then she follow Charfoal to look over the other side, only some rock was there in the sight.

" What are you..."She didn't finish, cause Charfoal popped up to her shoulder and open his mouth, small Ember attacked something. " Char!" Charfoal jumped off her shoulder, push down his body and narrow his eyes at something.

Tala stand to her feet, and looked around, she didn't know what make Charfoal so serious, but she know that may be dangerous. In the next second Tala sees the light of the fire, which is a light green and white of the flame.

" Charfoal use Ember!" She said.

Few more small fires attack the odd flame, but none of it hit the target, Tala frowned some, what on Earth is that!?

Then, something flashed to her mind " Charfoal, use Twistworld!" She called.

Charfoal eyes flash with blue light, the place has changed to a twisting space, and the targe that has played with them suddenly appears in their sight.

What is that Pokemon? Tala look at the Pokemon and curious, she takes out her PM Dex " ...Unknow..."

" What is mean by unknow?" Tala frowned, she looks back at the Pokemon, she feel a bit familiar with this Pokemon, but Tala was pretty sure that she hadn't seen it before.

If you want to ask Tala's impression of this Pokémon, it must be a street light, not a normal street light, but more like an 18th-century British classical street light... eh? Wait, speaking of lights...

Tala looked closely at the Pokemon that didn't know she was exposed, and she came to the answer "Isn't this Chandelure?" She said in surprise.

Yes, this is a completely different Chandelure. The well-known Chandelure is a five-candle-like candle Pokémon, but this one is like the five-light bulb- Pokémon that appeared when humans invented the light bulb from the candle era.

Well... She has known that in the past time, Pokemon travel to different regions may change their form and type, maybe this Chandelure is the same.

"ChandChand" Chandelure laughs happily, but while she is dodging the attack, she finally finds out something is not right " Chand!?" you can see me!? Chandelure asks surprised.

" Indeed we can, look at where are you now." Tala smiles softly, look at Charfoal, and thinks' Ten minutes is enough, more than that Charfoal can not hold on, after all...Charfoal is not evolved yet.'

Before Tala could explain more, the Twist space was shaking, Tala look up and whisper" Oh dear... someone attacks from the outside." she looks back to Charfoal and said " Cancellation Twistworld." Tala's guess is that Chandelure's trainer come for her.

Charcoal's eyes turn back to normal, lying on the ground at the moment of cancellation, and gasping for breath, Tala walked over to pick up the little guy, touched its head while looking at the restored haze environment, and saw the trainer of Chandelure.

Brown-red hair with dark green headwear, light yellow shawl, and white skirt with red lines, holding a lamp in his right hand, next to an unknown Pokémon. With a worried look on her face, the girl was relieved after she see Chandelure was safe.

"How dare you attack my little cutie!!?" The shouting forced Tala to frown and cover her ears, defending "I'm sorry for attacking your pokemon, but that's because I didn't know she had a trainer." And her shenanigans caught Charfoal's attention, for A little lesson in safety is normal, right?

Tala did not dare to say the following words, she always felt that it would be very troublesome for the other party to say it.

"Oh...that's it, okay! ignorance can be forgiven." The girl put her hands on her waist, and for the sake of the Pokémon's uninjured, the girl asked "Are you a trainer? Why are you in the Nightwing Forest?"the question are not questioning, is just curiosity.

"Yes, yes I am a trainer." said Tala " I'm coming here for buying some Combee cake and to challenge the Nightwing gym."

When Tara said "Combee cake," she could be sure she saw the light in a girl's eyes, and she might like the cake, she guessed.

" Yes, of course!!" the girl said " Our Combee cake is the most delicious
traditional cake, everyone loves it." the girl spun and look over her shoulder " Come, I will lead the way."

With the girl leading the way, the thick fog around it dissipated like an open door for her, and Tala was gradually able to see the surrounding environment.

They came to a small town with houses in black and purple. Gloomy, dark clouds covered the sky, and Tala couldn't tell the time when she look at the sky.

She glanced down at her watch, it was four thirty-two in the afternoon. Looking at the town that seemed to be eroded by Dark, Tala couldn't help shivering.

They walked into the town, Tala was surprised to find that no one was walking on the street in the town, she hugged Charfoal nervously.

"Excuse me...why is it so quiet?" Tala asks the girl " And where is everyone?"

"Hum?" the girl look around " Oh, is because of the illusion and shadow," she said.

"illusion and shadow?" Tala was confused "What do you mean?" she asked.

"Well, is hard to explain." the girl said, " Except for the children who don't have Pokémon yet, the people of Nightwing are used to using illusions or shadows to cover up their figures."

There are more question marks appearing on Tala's head:" I do not understand..." she said " Why are Nightwing's people hiding their figures?" she asked.

The girl tilts her head " Well... it can count as our tradition...?"

Her tone was full of uncertainty, and Tala was puzzled. "But isn't it lonely so quiet?" she asked, looking at the cold street.

The girl shrugged "I'm used to it anyway, maybe Grandpa will know..." They stopped outside a cute little shop "Here we are." she said.

Tala looked up at the sign 'Combee Dessert Shop'

0