Chapter 20: Their Way of Living
3.5k 7 123
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tomimi guided them to her tribe, albeit her vigilance is still there. Kal'tsit maintained her silence while Shiro started talking to her casually.

"You want to go to our temple?"

"Is it possible?"

"No."

She replied decisively. After all, that temple is where the "Great Chief" gets coronated; a sacred place for the people of Acahualla.

"Hm. Did someone else visit your tribe?"

"Visitors? We don't receive much, except when Inam's partners arrive."

"Partners?"

"That's right. She's the head of a tribe who does dealings with the outside world."

"Just like the great Sargon Empress, I see.." Shiro mumbled. He could see the similarities between the two of them. Commerce is an important factor for a country, thus one of the reasons why Rim Billiton experiences those crisis that Kal'tsit had told him before.

Their residents believed that carrot is an important item, making its price skyrocket. This in turn made their economy face a major crisis. They can't be blamed though, as most of its inhabitants are Cautus.

(Note: Cautus is an Ancient Race with characteristics of a rabbit.)

"What did you say?"

"No, nothing. Can you allow us to stay in your tribe, then?"

"You can. You're Gavial's acquaintance anyways."

A hint of worship can be seen on her eyes without the two of them noticing.

"I don't mind telling you of our intention then. There's some bad guys out there who aims to barge into that place, so we're supposed to guard it."

"Is that so? No worries, outsiders won't be able to come in."

Upon hearing this Shiro immediately thought, "We're dead. This quest will definitely be a mess."

Following this little girl with a thick tail, he couldn't help but anticipate the upcoming events.

*****

'Her tail is distracting.'

Walking behind Tomimi, Shiro and Kal'tsit soon arrived to the settlement. 

"It's Tomimi!"

"Thick tails are still the best!"

"Heresy! Thin tails like master Gavial is the best!"

"No, you don't understand!"

"No, you-"

The Tiacuh tribesmen started a brawl out of nowhere just as they had arrived. Seeing this, Shiro was speechless while Kal'tsit has an unmoved look.

"Uh... They're so... passionate?"

"D-don't mind them much. They just love fighting."

"But I overheard that there's a fanclub of yours?"

"S-stop!"

Tomimi replied with a blushing face. She didn't want to have a fan club as she prefer thin tails, just like her sister Gavial! She only let them be since she thought that they're just doing their usual shenanigans, which is fighting.

"Hey, Tomimi."

This time, another Tiacuh greeted Tomimi. Though unlike the ones before, he has this mature aura surrounding him.

"It's been a while since I saw some visitors from outside. Are they your acquaintances?"

"No, but he knows Gavial."

"Oh?"

The Tiacuh proceeded to look at Shiro. With his luxurious white robe and black staff, he guessed that Shiro is similar to the Shamans in their tribe.

"I only met her briefly, during a rescue mission once."

"How is she?"

"Well, she seems to be doing well. Oh, and she's a doctor by the way."

"A doctor? Good to hear that she's fulfilling her dreams." The mature Tiacuh said with a smile. 

Tomimi then mentioned the two of them settling in this place for a while.

"That's fine, there's still quite a few houses that are empty. People in this place die often, you see."

"...Did they contract oripathy?" Kal'tsit suddenly intervened in the conversation. Based on what she knew of this place before, mining is one of the jobs prevalent before the Sargon Empress revitalized this country.

Since catastrophes are bound to happen more in natural places, Sargon used this to their advantage. This data is backed by Kal'tsit's thousands of years of research in originum.

As long as a new originum-related phenomena appears, her knowledge in this field would only continue to grow.

"Oripathy? What's that?"

"It's a disease most notable with black crystals appearing in the body." Tomimi explained as she reprimanded him.

"Oh, you mean that black rock thingy?"

"You didn't listen to Gavial properly, Yota."

"Aha... I forgot about it, with all the things happening within us right now."

"Sister Gavial told me that oripathy should be treated seriously!"

"Others won't just listen to me. With so many people dying every day, they didn't have the time to do so."

A cultural difference. The tribes in this rainforest lives more backward that the modern moving cities, with them disregarding oripathy as a normal disease.

Many of them die due to difference reasons daily, so how could they care less about another deadly disease? To them, its just another way to die.

'Gavial, was it? I admire her for acting due to her ideals.' Shiro thought. He doesn't know why, but he admired people with great ideals that aims to go against their fate.

"I'll trust that Gavial would succeed in changing this."

"Yes, sister Gavial can solve this!"

The fangirl cheered happily. Due to some circumstances during her childhood, Gavial became the one that she admires the most. Though, she is a tad bit more than what a normal fangirl should be.

"You can stay there. A family used to live there, so it should be enough."

"Thanks!"

"Thank you."

After that, Tomimi left to discuss something related to the tribe. No matter how small she is, Tomimi is still the leader of this tribe.

Kal'tsit finally spoke after a long silence.

"The problem here is worse."

"It can't be helped. Their environment made them like this."

"...I'll do something about this."

"I'll try to help."

This is how Kal'tsit is. Even though its futile and cannot change the entirety of Terra, she would try to help whenever she can. She dedicated her 13,000 years just to help Terra, even by only 0.001%.

She entered the room first, so as to arrange the medical items that she brought thanks to Shiro's [Dimensional Storage (SR)]. Thanks to his help, she brought more tools than what she could've brought in a huge bag.

Meanwhile, Shiro decided to take a stroll into this new environment. Admittedly, this place is much worse than Fuyuki City. Sometimes, the wind smells so bad to the point that he has to purify the air using his wind runes.

"I remember that Saber-class living in the middle ages. How did she deal with this, I wonder?"

Though, something that didn't disappear in his sights are people who are going physical with every single disagreement made. The milder ones did an arm wrestle while the more severe ones turned into a gang war.

"That girl surely has a hard time managing this mess."

Sighing, he noticed a... machinery. In this backwards civilization, seeing this is equivalent to seeing an M9 during the middle ages. Moreover, this machinery seems to have been maintained well.

"You seem interested to this?"

Looking behind him, he saw a talking parrot wearing a pair of glasses over its beak. A parrot that doesn't simply mimic words, but someone that possesses high intelligence.

123