Chapter 140: Using the Finisher at the Start!
1.2k 11 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Official Quest: Descent of the Walpurgisnacht]

Details: The Walpurgisnacht sensed the appearance of someone who's partly a demon, the Mermaid Witch Sayaka. Due to the mutual attraction between the two, the former is now en route in Mitakiraha City. All of this just to consume the 'power' inside of her. It is important to take note that this had only happened once ever since the appearance of Magical Girls, thus it is advised to fight it with caution.

Objective: Defeat the Walpurgisnacht

Reward/s: Elevation to the Demigod Realm (Soul Points were used), 2 Ability Upgraders (SSS), 2 Buff Upgraders (SSS), 5 Ability Upgraders (SS), 5 Buff Upgraders (SS), 15 Weapon Enhancement Cards, 3 Mastery Upgrader (Any Level), 1 Time Card (Can be freely chosen)

Time Before Descent: 8 minutes, 52 seconds

IMPORTANT NOTE: Walpurgisnacht can only be defeated by Magical Attacks. Those who possesses the three Creator Attributes, fake or not, will have an increased chances of winning against it. The God of this world, the entity who became the Law of Cycles, defeated this entity in a single shot.

Seeing this small prompt in the corner of his sights, Shiro sighed helplessly upon thinking of the back-to-back battles that they are about to face. At first, he is planning to use just the [Tail Gear] to copy Sayaka's 'unavoidable' attack through [Faker's Replica] and buy some time until reinforcements arrive. That way, it'll be a sure-win.

But now, it looks like he'll have to use [Ittou Shura] along with it to end the battle fast, avoiding the injuries that he might suffer in the process. The final SSR potion is important against their fight with Walpurgisnacht, thus he'll have to save it first.

'As long as its [Ultimate Chain] isn't used, I can stay transformed as long as I want to...'

Having decided of his course of action, he removed his light armor. Now, all that's left is his white t-shirt and black pants. 

"Don't be surprised with what's coming next. I need your help, so keep your arm in my shoulder." Shiro said.

Looking at him who's sitting on the road, Homura was bewildered. That is, until she heard him say:

"Twintail... on..!"

A flash of bright light blinded her eyes. Once it died down, she felt that her hand slipped off from Shiro's shoulder. Thankfully, she managed to touch his shoulder again, bringing him back to the time stopped world.

"You really did slip off."

Upon hearing it, she got extremely confused. What she's expecting is his smooth and pleasant voice, but it's as if a 13 year old girl is talking to her..?

It was then that she realized that the person in front of her is a young girl wearing a strange outfit!

"Hello? jou-chan?" 

The young girl faced at her direction, with her bright amber pupils reflecting Homura. She wore a metallic ribbon on each of her twintails, making them more conspicuous.

...

...

Homura's brain had stopped working.

"Y-you! Who are you?!"

It was only after a few seconds did she react, separating her hand on him. Then, she pulled out .50AE (.50cal) Desert Eagle behind her shield before pointing it at her.

"Sigh... You already forgot about me? But we're talking just a second ago."

Surprisingly, the girl can still move under her frozen time. Her twintails moved slightly as she crossed her arms amusedly while looking at her.

"You... How can you be Shiro?!"

"But I AM Shiro." Shiro's childish voice rang out once more. "Why are you that surprised? You already saw a plethora of Magical Girls transforming, so why are you surprised after seeing a Tokusatsu transformation?"

"But... that... Why did you turn into a little girl?" She asked.

"... Let's leave it as a side effect of my weapon."

"Is that so..."

(A/N: While in this state, I'll be using 'her' to make things less confusing.)

While Homura is still processing everything, Shiro held her chin as she thought:

'Ten-fold increase... [Ittou Shura] should be enough to finish it off. If this isn't enough to do so, I'll have to use the [Riser Chain] prematurely.'

Shiro touched one of the ribbons, causing black and white flames to appear on her right hand. It didn't take long before it formed into a sword, the Blazer Blade.

It is a plain black and white sword, in which everything about it looks so cartoonish. 

"Jou-chan, once I release my attack, lift your time stop." Shiro stopped before adding, "Go back to Madoka-chan. That Kyuubey will definitely pull something off to force Madoka into becoming a Magical Girl."

"I understand."

Since she used this ability of hers countless times, her reaction time when it comes to it is frighteningly insane, to the point that her peak reaction time can reach Shiro's 5,000 Wisdom stat. Of course, hers would only be a normal one most of the time due to the Magical Girl's nature of it not being a proper evolution, unlike his power system.

Using the built-in thrusters in the suit, Shiro flew to the disfigured mermaid in no time.

Inhaling deeply, she began her final and most serious assault.

'She even applied my teachings in this state. Feigning weakness and all that. Still... she shouldn't have expected me coming back alive from that blow. Even that caught me off guard...'

[Ittou Shura]!

[Armament Convergence]!

[Time Quagmire x30]!

[Hell Flame Ignition]!

[Blazing Heart]!

[Critical Strike]!

[Faker's Replica]!

"Grand... Blazer!"

The clock started ticking once more. The black and white blade produced a trail of four different flames, each signifying the power stored in it. At the same time, the message that Shiro had prepared is sent successfully. There's also a mystifying aura in it, giving off the feeling that it'll land no matter what.

The fake Quasi-Demon instantly felt that attack and tried to dodge. Unfortunately for her, the strange reality bending power that she used is temporarily gone. Instead, she sensed her own prior attack in Shiro's, which made her more vigilant than ever.

She sent off dozens of cartwheels and hundreds of Noble Phantasms in an attempt to block Shiro, but his Grand Blazer, the finishing attack of the Normal Chain, possessed extraordinary power worthy of a Tokusatsu-themed finisher. With this, even A Rank Servants will be defeated instantly lest they deploy their own unique Noble Phantasms.

"HA!!!"

The blade met some resistance as it touched the surface of the Mermaid Witch, but it soon got broken. The blade went through her diagonally, which made the Witch screech out in pain before going silent.

That moment, the distorted surroundings went back to normal. Shiro noticed some prompts pop up, but she is too tired to care about it. Shiro plopped down the floor while breathing haggardly.

After all, she gave her everything during that attack. Moreover, that [Faker's Replica] that added the 'unavoidable' concept in Shiro's attack. Simply put, it made it so that once Sayaka attacked, all that's left for her enemy is to get hit.

It somehow tied the cause to a single effect.

This is the power that she's using right now.

'The gamble paid off.'

This is why Shiro chose not to end this herself, but wait for Touka's arrival to have a 100% chance in doing so. If she's wrong and Sayaka's power is still there, this sudden attack wouldn't have worked. Worse, Shiro would've been required to do a [Time Stop] to make a sudden attack again.

Clink-!

Shiro noticed a metallic sound not far away from her. There, he found a drenched Sayaka lying down besides her "Soul Gem"; rather, it shouldn't be called a Soul Gem since it is purely dark. Once she wakes up, she'll surely turn into a Witch and trigger the phenomenon for it.

Slowly, Shiro stood up before grasping the Grief Seed in her hand. She took out a [Restoration Potion (SR)] before drinking it. While it's underwhelming than the SSR one, it removed a part of her fatigue and recovered her reserves back to its full tank.

Holding the Soul Gem, she messaged the Chat Group whilst a white flame enveloped it, slowly cleansing its impurities.

Shiro: "Everything's done on my side. I'll be heading over there soon."

*****

A/N: I've been reading Realta Nua for quite some time now, and I can confidently say that Fate/Zero retconned Artoria's character way too much. Her stay/night version is vastly different from my first impression. Her decisiveness to sneak up and almost kill Rin during their first meeting and her having no qualms for sneaking up to Kuzuki (when she blabbered on Kiritsugu using his dirty tactics against Archibald) are some of the examples of it. We can see here that she's more "realistic" and alive, unlike her "heroic" persona during Zero. To be honest, I like the former...

Anyways, you might expect me modifying Fate/Zero in this fic to remove those retcons. As for Shiro's current state, it might last until the end of this arc, but it isn't emphasized much anyways. It'll be used to progress the plot instead.

Happy reading~!

52